Person you would most like to have a beer with?

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

BigSkyCatinMT

Person you would most like to have a beer with?

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

I don't want to drink with people I agree with. I already know what I think. I would like to learn something about differences.

1) Bruins01
2) Chicat
3) Merkin

No weapons. Honest discussion only. At Hooters - Hot Wings!
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
azcat49

Re: Person you would most like to have a beer with?

Post by azcat49 »

Enfuego during the second or third round of the tourney when Kansas is facing a double digit mid major :)

That would be fun and there are a lot of guys I would like to tip one with including Chi, Longhorned, Gumby, Harvey Secter, Katz, GladiatorCat, HHM and several others that just are not at the tip of my tongue
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

1.Auercat
2. BJBJ
3. TopCat

But I wouldn't mind having a cold one with anyone here, even Salty.

Maybe not AZDD, and HSP from the TOS. Salty may be misguided, but AZDD and HSP were down and out racists. Dr. Willubear or whatever his name was too.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I had a drink with Rey and "97Cats a few months ago, would love to do it again!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Yeah, outside AZDD and HSP, I'm having trouble coming up with names that I wouldn't want to have a beer with.

I'm glad TopCat still counts. Hasn't it been long enough? Come back!
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

I don't know if I could handle the clash created by mixing the virtual world with reality.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Which is more real?

Whoa.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Longhorned wrote:Which is more real?

Whoa.
Do you ever make it back to Tucson?

Would love to watch you eat a sandwich.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Charlize Theron
Salma Hayak
Longhorned
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Jefe Bug Kaibab or BeachCat
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Anybody here but 1.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Alieberman wrote:
We should also start a thread that would become such a phenomenon that it would take over the internet. Each guy takes a video of himself eating a sandwich, start to finish and without ceremony. It would become a repository for people all over the world who present themselves eating a sandwich. People in China and Iran and Indiana and Botswana would log in and post their video selfies, eating whatever sandwich that local circumstances call for. Some viewers would search for specific things like two Asian women eating a sandwich. Eventually people would realize that the best way to make connections, learn from one another, and share our lives is to post and view the experience of a sandwich. Old people would bore newer generations with remembrances of some long-lost site called "Facebook", and internet historians would recount the little-known fact that it all began on a website devoted to Arizona sports.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Hipster.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Jesus would have to be #1 for me. Aside from historical significance and potential divinity, he can also convert water into wine if we run out of booze.

Magic Johnson is #2 and I'd probably auction #3 to raise a little cash. I figure people would pony up some dough to have a beer with Jesus.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I sat down for a beer with Jesus and he went on and on about tax shelters, tax-free municipal bonds, IRA Roth, college savings plans, and related stuff until I kind of zoned out before interrupting, "Why aren't all these financial planning considerations in the Bible?" He said, "They were but then they got removed during the time of Justinian. Nah, not really. I'm just a financial adviser with Fidelity Investments. We promise a beer with Jesus as part of a bait-and-switch to focus people on their financial futures."
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Longhorned wrote:I sat down for a beer with Jesus and he went on and on about tax shelters, tax-free municipal bonds, IRA Roth, college savings plans, and related stuff until I kind of zoned out before interrupting, "Why aren't all these financial planning considerations in the Bible?" He said, "They were but then they got removed during the time of Justinian. Nah, not really. I'm just a financial adviser with Fidelity Investments. We promise a beer with Jesus as part of a bait-and-switch to focus people on their financial futures."
Talladega Nights Jesus Clip: http://youtu.be/kS0sAI6Gnzs
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Had lunch with Jesús last week.

Said the carne asada tacos were good, but he has had better.

ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

The guy (or gal. . .heck it prolly was a woman, brewing was womens work in those days) who invented beer.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

Merkin wrote:1.Auercat
2. BJBJ
3. TopCat

But I wouldn't mind having a cold one with anyone here, even Salty.

Maybe not AZDD, and HSP from the TOS. Salty may be misguided, but AZDD and HSP were down and out racists. Dr. Willubear or whatever his name was too.
Your 3 are gone. That said, I would love to play chess with ByJoveByJingle. Smartest person on ANY of our boards - ever.
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I put Auercat first since he was the king of the lists back at TOS. Probably would not be high on my list otherwise. On a real list, I would put Klaudija near the top.

Walk-on coffee only.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

pokinmik wrote:I don't know if I could handle the clash created by mixing the virtual world with reality.
I would like to inject reality into this world. I hate getting angry with people I don't know. Some of which, in the real world could be my friends.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

Merkin wrote:I put Auercat first since he was the king of the lists back at TOS. Probably would not be high on my list otherwise. On a real list, I would put Klaudija near the top.

Walk-on coffee only.
Didn't Auercat try to escape to Nirvana with Klaudija? Or the Klingon equivalent - Sto-vo-kor?

I suppose I wonder most about Ben Hansens health. And Auti. I'm so nostalgic for a low EQ guy.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Although Auer did offer Mrs. Walk On a ticket to Vegas to hook up with him, without Mr. Walk On of course.

Ben is pretty active on FB with UA sports still. Guert too.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

Merkin wrote:Image

Although Auer did offer Mrs. Walk On a ticket to Vegas to hook up with him, without Mr. Walk On of course.

Ben is pretty active on FB with UA sports still. Guert too.

I don't get that shit...RE: Auer. The Walk's have obviously split. Sad. Sorry for any connotations, but I have purposely made my world as black/white as possible.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

BigSkyCatinMT wrote:I don't want to drink with people I agree with. I already know what I think. I would like to learn something about differences.

1) Bruins01
2) Chicat
3) Merkin

I have to remove one of those 3. It would be illegal to have a beer with a 10 year old.
Reydituto

Post by Reydituto »

BigSkyCatinMT wrote:I don't want to drink with people I agree with. I already know what I think. I would like to learn something about differences.

1) Bruins01
2) Chicat
3) Merkin

Like others, there are many here I would like to grab a beverage or break bread with. Too many to name. If I'm ever in your area of Montana, I'll let you know. Would love to pick your brain on food smoking technique.
Alieberman wrote:I had a drink with Rey and "97Cats a few months ago, would love to do it again!
That was a good time. Me too.

Here are people I have already met IRL and had good times with over beers/food/UA sports from every board I've frequented since 2005 ...

Catgrad97
Class of 1990
T-Bone
97cats
Alieberman
WOW
PerpEph
DD99
fryrice
Trindiesel Alvarez
downtownsdcat
Jason Nimrichter

Was supposed to meet up with Guert one time, but my back gave out and I was bed ridden for two days - total bummer. Just finally met Gato IRL too - we know a ton of the same people, but ran into each other at, of all things, a youth soccer tournament.

I'm FB friends with several others from here and elsewhere, as well as Untappd friends with a few. All of which are long overdue for a meet.
Alieberman wrote:
Longhorned wrote:Which is more real?

Whoa.
Do you ever make it back to Tucson?

That reads a little creepy.

Sincerely,

Creepy Rob Lowe
Longhorned wrote:
Alieberman wrote:
We should also start a thread that would become such a phenomenon that it would take over the internet. Each guy takes a video of himself eating a sandwich, start to finish and without ceremony. It would become a repository for people all over the world who present themselves eating a sandwich. People in China and Iran and Indiana and Botswana would log in and post their video selfies, eating whatever sandwich that local circumstances call for. Some viewers would search for specific things like two Asian women eating a sandwich. Eventually people would realize that the best way to make connections, learn from one another, and share our lives is to post and view the experience of a sandwich. Old people would bore newer generations with remembrances of some long-lost site called "Facebook", and internet historians would recount the little-known fact that it all began on a website devoted to Arizona sports.
How anthropological of you.
But in my book, you gotta get to White Castle before the weirdos show up!
Tonight he gets Happy-Go-Jackie on the big white guy like a donkey eating a waffle!
Sweet Sassy Molassey, get out the checkbook and pay Grandma for the rubdown!