What are things that people do that piss you off?

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Irish27

What are things that people do that piss you off?

Post by Irish27 »

Today i was walking on the sidewalk on the right side and two people were walking towards me. When I got about 3 feet from them, the one guy who was in front of me did not bother to move, thus i had to quickly jump off the curb to avoid colliding into him. It pisses me off when you have people like this guy who does not show any common courtesy.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
scumdevils86

Re: What are things that people do that piss you off?

Post by scumdevils86 »

People who speed too much and weave in and out of traffic cutting me off only to not get any further ahead than I was.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

1. Poor movie theater etiquette

2. serial murder

3. mass murder

In that order!!
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I pretty much just hate people. It's why I have 2 dogs.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I've come to conclude that if I don't move aside, no oncoming people will. By "people" I mean 1) younger males, and 2) younger females with such an attitude that they're just dying for me to crash into them so that they can publicly accuse me of groping. Otherwise, women and older men politely step aside, and we do an embarrassingly dainty little dance that leads all of us to scurry home with screwed up faces.

I've tested the theory of Unmovable Others by not moving myself, and indeed impact occurs. Sometimes, Unmovable Other also wishes to kick my ass for said collision. Though I suppose it's possible that the world of walking is dominated by people who are, at any given moment, simply testing what will happen if once, just this once, they are the ones who don't budge.

Was that you earlier today on the sidewalk across from the post office?
devilswin99

Post by devilswin99 »

People speaking during movies and checking their cell phone (movie theatre etiquette)
it's a great time to be a pothead - Chicat
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Alieberman wrote:I pretty much just hate people. It's why I have 2 dogs.
The rest of your family must fit in the dog house?
Unfortunately, I pretty much feel the same as you do although I love people at the same time.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

When you're in a shared turn lane waiting to turn left and somebody in oncoming traffic pulls up and stops and waves you on even though they have the right of way and are endangering themselves and you and everyone else on the road.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

ASUHATER! wrote:When you're in a shared turn lane waiting to turn left and somebody in oncoming traffic pulls up and stops and waves you on even though they have the right of way and are endangering themselves and you and everyone else on the road.
But they're sooo niiiiice!!!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

People who slow down/stop at the top of the freeway on ramp.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

azgreg wrote:People who slow down/stop at the top of the freeway on ramp.
Just there? What about all of the people on regular city streets who ride alongside a large truck to prevent you from passing, and then slowing down to 10 mph below the speed limit when approaching any green light in fear of missing the opportunity to stop at another intersection when the light turns yellow?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I'll slow down next to a large truck to block someone from passing us if they are going 10-40 miles over the speed limit and weaving in and out of traffic and cutting people off. :lol:
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

scumdevils86 wrote:I'll slow down next to a large truck to block someone from passing us if they are going 10-40 miles over the speed limit and weaving in and out of traffic and cutting people off. :lol:
I do, too, watching in my rear-view mirror their pissed off faces and frustrated slaps at the steering wheel. But that's justified by the fact that they don't know how to operate a motor vehicle, let alone at that speed.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Longhorned wrote:
azgreg wrote:People who slow down/stop at the top of the freeway on ramp.
Just there? What about all of the people on regular city streets who ride alongside a large truck to prevent you from passing, and then slowing down to 10 mph below the speed limit when approaching any green light in fear of missing the opportunity to stop at another intersection when the light turns yellow?
I once saw a bumper sticker that is designed for you to put on other peoples cars. It says "I brake for no fucking reason."
Macho Grande

Post by Macho Grande »

scumdevils86 wrote:I'll slow down next to a large truck to block someone from passing us if they are going 10-40 miles over the speed limit and weaving in and out of traffic and cutting people off. :lol:

Sounds like a good way to put yourself in a position to have a major accident.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Macho Grande wrote:

Actually what a good way is to set yourself up for a major accident is to speed and weave in and out of traffic...

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Macho Grande wrote:

if so it won't be my fault....it'll be the fault of the guy who is speeding and cutting people off in traffic. if anything I am making him learn how to drive more safely by going within 10 miles of the speed limit and making him stay in his lane properly. just doing a public service.
Macho Grande

Post by Macho Grande »

scumdevils86 wrote:
Macho Grande wrote:

if so it won't be my fault....it'll be the fault of the guy who is speeding and cutting people off in traffic. if anything I am making him learn how to drive more safely by going within 10 miles of the speed limit and making him stay in his lane properly. just doing a public service.
Assuming you and everyone else actually live through it, I'm sure that would be a great consolation while you recover in the hospital. "At least it wasn't my fault." :lol:
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Funny how the person actually committing the crimes is a ok in your book in this scenario.

KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Irish27 wrote:Today i was walking on the sidewalk on the right side and two people were walking towards me. When I got about 3 feet from them, the one guy who was in front of me did not bother to move, thus i had to quickly jump off the curb to avoid colliding into him. It pisses me off when you have people like this guy who does not show any common courtesy.
I just come to a dead stop and stand there when someone is coming right at me and it is obvious that they have no intention of moving to avoid a collision. It seems to stun them and they move - works every time.
Macho Grande

Post by Macho Grande »

ASUHATER! wrote:Funny how the person actually committing the crimes is a ok in your book in this scenario.
Where did I say that? They're both idiots depending on the situation. Two wrongs don't make a right.

But since you bring it up, the driver who's speeding may be dealing with a legitimate emergency. The other guy wants to slow him simply because he wants to be an asshole.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Eh.. no.

Macho Grande

Post by Macho Grande »

ASUHATER! wrote:Eh.. no.

Oh, ok. :lol:

I'm right and you know it.

Watch this video and maybe you can tell me which guy is the bigger idiot. It's too close to call for me. You have idiot #1 in the Camaro who's speeding and tailgating while obviously in a hurry to get through traffic. But like I said before, could be dealing with a legitimate emergency of some kind. Then you have idiot #2 in the pickup who decides, "sorry, I don't like the way you're driving, and don't care what issues might be causing you to drive like that. So I'm going to slow down and trap you, an angry, possibly desperate driver, behind me in the passing lane and beside this big rig until you get so desperate/angry, that you do something crazy enough to possibly kill us all."

Like I said, maybe you can help me decide who the bigger idiot is there. It's really a toss up for me. I guarantee when all that started, the driver of the big rig was thinking "Great, now I have two stupid fuck driver's to deal with." And if I were him, I'd want to kick both their asses.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Using the left lane for anything other than passing is breaking the law as well.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Strangers who randomly strike up a conversation about absolutely fucking nothing are the goddamn worst.

Yes, I know what the weather is. I was probably just outside experiencing it myself. And yes, I know how hot/cold/dry/rainy/snowy it will be the rest of the week because I don't live in a fucking sealed-in cave and I get the Internet. So why don't you take your useless small talk and shove it where the sun don't shine, huh old man? It's not my fault your grandkids are too busy to talk to you. And if this is your idea of interesting conversation, I don't blame them for ignoring your wrinkly ass.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

UAEebs86 wrote:Using the left lane for anything other than passing is breaking the law as well.
Which is 97% of motorists by my estimate.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

UAEebs86 wrote:Using the left lane for anything other than passing is breaking the law as well.
Are you sure about that?

That's not what the AZ driver's manual says.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:Strangers who randomly strike up a conversation about absolutely fucking nothing are the goddamn worst.

Yes, I know what the weather is. I was probably just outside experiencing it myself. And yes, I know how hot/cold/dry/rainy/snowy it will be the rest of the week because I don't live in a fucking sealed-in cave and I get the Internet. So why don't you take your useless small talk and shove it where the sun don't shine, huh old man? It's not my fault your grandkids are too busy to talk to you. And if this is your idea of interesting conversation, I don't blame them for ignoring your wrinkly ass.
Don't like to chit chat Chi?
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Shopping at Costco and you get behind someone who is slower than a snail and will stop at every table that is giving away free samples of food.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote:
Chicat wrote:Strangers who randomly strike up a conversation about absolutely fucking nothing are the goddamn worst.

Don't like to chit chat Chi?
I don't mind striking up a conversation with a stranger, but small talk about things like whether it's raining is the worst. And in my current hometown, which is teeming with old, friendly, lonely people, it seriously happens 2-3 times a day.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

People who talk to me when I'm peeing in the urinal.
scumdevils86 wrote:
Macho Grande wrote:

Great, thanks for keeping us all safe, Sherriff Joe. You kind of remind me of Salty. And I'm sure that you being vigilant for speeders in your rear view mirror makes everyone safer. I mean safer than if you'd actually be looking where your own car is going. Pfft... lol
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
TFCATFAN

Post by TFCATFAN »

People who are overly sensitive, about everything. Like my sister who literally cried for days when princess Diana died. I get that it was sad and she was a great chick, but you two were't friends or anything.

People who wait in front of the drive up ATM for five minutes before they even put their damned cards in.... What were you doing that whole time!?!?

Doctors offices that make you sit in the waiting room for 45 minutes when there isn't another patient in the building.... Are you banging the nurse back there? I mean if so, ok then, but other than that, get ur ass out here already.... (Currently sitting in a waiting room)
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Pretty much everything annoys me, including myself.

I have determined that for the most part, I don't like human beings. Now I just find myself amused by their antics.

I do draw the line at my kids though. Anyone who says or does anything to my kids that I deem inappropriate really sets me off. For example: I know when my kid is misbehaving in public. It happens to every parent, good or bad. I don't need your fucking commentary or suggestions while I am dealing with it.

Go fuck yourself.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Puerco wrote:People who talk to me when I'm peeing in the urinal.
scumdevils86 wrote:
Macho Grande wrote:

Great, thanks for keeping us all safe, Sherriff Joe. You kind of remind me of Salty. And I'm sure that you being vigilant for speeders in your rear view mirror makes everyone safer. I mean safer than if you'd actually be looking where your own car is going. Pfft... lol
Well other than salty constantly breaking the law and being a racist piece of shit sure. And you don't look in your rearview mirror while you drive?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Lazy Stupid People piss me off.

We ran out of coffee the other morning, so I used it as an excuse to go to Dunkin Donuts to get a coffee (no donut... just coffee) I drive there planning on going through the drive through but the line is a mile long. I then notice there are only like 1 or 2 cars parked in the parking lot... the actual restaurant is basically empty. I then park, go in and get my coffee in about 3 minutes. I get back in my car and notice these same fat lazy people are still sitting in their cars in line, motors running, air conditioning blasting, getting pissed that the drive-thru line isn't hardly moving.

Idiots.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Alieberman wrote:Lazy Stupid People piss me off.

We ran out of coffee the other morning, so I used it as an excuse to go to Dunkin Donuts to get a coffee (no donut... just coffee) I drive there planning on going through the drive through but the line is a mile long. I then notice there are only like 1 or 2 cars parked in the parking lot... the actual restaurant is basically empty. I then park, go in and get my coffee in about 3 minutes. I get back in my car and notice these same fat lazy people are still sitting in their cars in line, motors running, air conditioning blasting, getting pissed that the drive-thru line isn't hardly moving.

Idiots.
I made a Foursquare tip for my local Dunkin saying pretty much the same thing. The three tips before mine said basically, "Drive thru is a nightmare". My tip said, "If you're not an anti-social lazy idiot, park your car, go inside, and get your stuff in one tenth the time."
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

Peas. Guac. Eww.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

People who cut the "line" at craps. People who throw down money for chips or start to play the pass line in the middle of a shooters epic roll. I pull my money off, I don't care, those two things are bad juju.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

I thought being different woulkd be #1.
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

People shooting off fireworks at 1:30AM.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

People who don't have kids and think it's hilarious to either not have a filter on what they say in front of your kids or who think it's even funnier to just outright teach them inappropriate things.

I honestly wanted to punch this bitch this weekend who after being told multiple times to stop screaming "fuck", "shit", and "asshole" around my kids thought it would be funny to teach my three year old to say "suck a dick".

I went off on her and called her some not so nice things. Then I told her I was torn between wishing she was infertile so she can't fuck up her children and hoping she has a few so I can teach them to say, "Mommy's cunt smells like two day old tuna."
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Kids are going to learn the words sooner rather than later anyways

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

ASUHATER! wrote:Kids are going to learn the words sooner rather than later anyways

Wait till you're a father...

(cue typically ASUhater response in 3..2..1...)
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:Kids are going to learn the words sooner rather than later anyways
So are you one of those childless people who think it's funny to teach kids to say awful things?

And no, kids definitely can learn those words later rather than sooner. Your post is dumb.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Chicat wrote:
So are you one of those childless people who think it's funny to teach kids to say awful things?

And no, kids definitely can learn those words later rather than sooner. Your post is dumb.
No I'm not. It's just not your right to tell grown adults how to talk, especially in public. Unless they are physically assaulting or screaming at your child directly. You don't become a God above everyone else just because you have kids.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Chicat wrote:

No I'm not. It's just not your right to tell grown adults how to talk, especially in public. Unless they are physically assaulting or screaming at your child directly. You don't become a God above everyone else just because you have kids.
We weren't in public. We were at a family get together and she was a friend of someone. Not even a family member. And if you don't think I have a right to say something to someone who is talking to my children directly, then you are truly stupid.

As for being a God above everyone else, isn't that your entire message board schtick?? :lol:
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Chicat wrote:

Really? I don't even know how to respond to this?

If I'm in a public space with my kids that isn't an obviously family friendly place.. that's on me. But if I am in a kids friendly place and people are acting like inconsiderate assholes, I am going to call them out on it.

When I'm out somewhere without my kids I swear up a storm... up until the point when a family of 4 sits down at the table next to me. I then decide to have a little respect for the kids around me... but hey... that's just me.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I never said anything that contradicts that....

Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Lol, hater. You should write a book.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:I never said anything that contradicts that....
I invite you to walk up to the next kid you see in a grocery store who is between the ages of 3 and 7 and start teaching that kid the phrase "suck a dick". Then when his or her parents become understandably upset, by all means tell them, "look, your kid was going to learn that sooner rather than later, we are in public, and just because you have kids it doesn't make you a God!".

Let's see how far that gets you....