What are things that people do that piss you off?

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Longhorned

Re: What are things that people do that piss you off?

Post by Longhorned »

On the topic of saying inappropriate things to people's children, I'm still haunted by something I did at the age of 13 as a disillusioned and angry young teenager. Worst thing I ever did. Worse than, "Here's how to say, 'suck a dick!'"

Like three days after Christmas, two parents walked by me on the sidewalk with their little kid. The little kid was singing, "Santa Claus is Coming to Town."

I said, "Hey, kid, Christmas is over, and Santa Claus is dead."

I wish I could somehow go back to that very moment so that this time, the parents would have broken all my teeth and facial bones with their fists.

In some ways, I haven't changed, but at least I reserve that kind of talk for adults in Politics, Religion, and Beer.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Chicat wrote:People who don't have kids and think it's hilarious to either not have a filter on what they say in front of your kids or who think it's even funnier to just outright teach them inappropriate things.

I honestly wanted to punch this bitch this weekend who after being told multiple times to stop screaming "fuck", "shit", and "asshole" around my kids thought it would be funny to teach my three year old to say "suck a dick".

I went off on her and called her some not so nice things. Then I told her I was torn between wishing she was infertile so she can't fuck up her children and hoping she has a few so I can teach them to say, "Mommy's cunt smells like two day old tuna."
Wait...is this woman still alive?

Unreal.

There have been a few incidents in PHX this weekend, in regards to neglect and harming a child, that have made me sick to my stomach. I told my wife that some people do not deserve to have children. Pretty sure that this woman qualifies for that group.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Are we still allowed to glue quarters to the floor in the mall?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote:I wish I could somehow go back to that very moment so that this time, the parents would have broken all my teeth and facial bones with their fists.
I bet that's exactly what they wanted to do. Instead they probably just told their kid that you were on the Naughty List and that's why you were such a miserable little shit.

I showed my wife Hater's response and she had a few comments:

1) Who the fuck does he think he is to tell you what you can and can't get pissed about when it comes to how people talk to our kids?

2) Does he not understand that when you are a parent you are a God to your kids?

On both points she is 100% correct, but the second one really hit home for me. You can't control what people say to your children, as LH's story illustrates, but that in no way absolves you of your responsibility to safeguard their mental and physical well being. And when someone threatens either you absolutely have the right to get upset at them. And that's not elevating yourself to godlike stature. That's just being a parent.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Olsondogg wrote:
Chicat wrote:People who don't have kids and think it's hilarious to either not have a filter on what they say in front of your kids or who think it's even funnier to just outright teach them inappropriate things.

I honestly wanted to punch this bitch this weekend who after being told multiple times to stop screaming "fuck", "shit", and "asshole" around my kids thought it would be funny to teach my three year old to say "suck a dick".

I went off on her and called her some not so nice things. Then I told her I was torn between wishing she was infertile so she can't fuck up her children and hoping she has a few so I can teach them to say, "Mommy's cunt smells like two day old tuna."

Unreal.
Her husband took her home shortly after I laid into her. Everyone who was there was pretty disgusted at her behavior. And my sister-in-law was told by her uncle (whose house we were at) that maybe it would be a good idea to never invite her again.

Surprisingly, no one had Hater's "eh, they'll learn those words sooner rather than later" attitude. Hmmmm...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Chicat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:

Unreal.
Her husband took her home shortly after I laid into her. Everyone who was there was pretty disgusted at her behavior. And my sister-in-law was told by her uncle (whose house we were at) that maybe it would be a good idea to never invite her again.

Surprisingly, no one had Hater's "eh, they'll learn those words sooner rather than later" attitude. Hmmmm...
It could have been a meds thing. I was at a wake for my then-fiancee's father when the girlfriend of a family friend stole the giant tray of chicken salad from the catered food spread and put it in the trunk of her car. Poor guy had to go retrieve it and then remove her from the premises. It turned out she'd just gone loopy from a new prescription.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:

Unreal.

It could have been a meds thing. I was at a wake for my then-fiancee's father when the girlfriend of a family friend stole the giant tray of chicken salad from the catered food spread and put it in the trunk of her car. Poor guy had to go retrieve it and then remove her from the premises. It turned out she'd just gone loopy from a new prescription.
Alcohol was involved, but she was loud and obnoxious before the first drink was handed to her. So yeah, maybe it was a bad mix of drinking and a perscription, or maybe she's just a total asshole.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

I fail to see the difference between a person that speaks profanity in the presence of children and a person that writes profanity on a message board where children can read it.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

KaibabKat wrote:I fail to see the difference between a person that speaks profanity in the presence of children and a person that writes profanity on a message board where children can read it.
Really?

If my kids are reading this message board or on the internet and seeing things they should not see, that's on me.
If you're intentionally teaching my kids bad behavior or obscenities, that's on you (and you should probably examine the choices you are making in your life).

My kids are three & five. If they can read and understand obscenities then they are really intelligent and incredibly advanced for their age. But at the moment we are just not there yet so they are safe. But I can't control some asshole who thinks it's funny to have no filter on what they say in front of my kids and it can be infuriating when they intentionally say things in the hope my kids will repeat them.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Chicat wrote:
KaibabKat wrote:I fail to see the difference between a person that speaks profanity in the presence of children and a person that writes profanity on a message board where children can read it.
Really?

If my kids are reading this message board or on the internet and seeing things they should not see, that's on me.
If you're intentionally teaching my kids bad behavior or obscenities, that's on you (and you should probably examine the choices you are making in your life).

My kids are three & five. If they can read and understand obscenities then they are really intelligent and incredibly advanced for their age. But at the moment we are just not there yet so they are safe. But I can't control some asshole who thinks it's funny to have no filter on what they say in front of my kids and it can be infuriating when they intentionally say things in the hope my kids will repeat them.
Nailed it on both points. Especially the second regarding ages of children and what they can access vs what is demonstrated to them.
Macho Grande

Post by Macho Grande »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Chicat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:Kids are going to learn the words sooner rather than later anyways
So are you one of those childless people who think it's funny to teach kids to say awful things?

And no, kids definitely can learn those words later rather than sooner. Your post is dumb.
No I'm not. It's just not your right to tell grown adults how to talk, especially in public. Unless they are physically assaulting or screaming at your child directly. You don't become a God above everyone else just because you have kids.

Pretty funny coming from a guy who thinks it's ok to play God of the road by blocking the passing lane, simply because he doesn't like how fast others are driving in it.
Last edited by Macho Grande on Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

People who contribute to threads devolving into fence-post-pissing-contests kinda grate my nerves....
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Is it because you are blind, and your children are reading these posts to you?
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Olsondogg wrote:

Is it because you are blind, and your children are reading these posts to you?
The Hot or Not threads must get awkward...
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Folks who add the possessive to business names where one is not present. Like saying "Hey, let's go to Chipotle's today". The freaking place is Chipotle, no damn 's. Lol. Don't add it if it's not part of the name. Totally different if someone said "I really dislike the amount of rice in Chipotle's burritos".
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Wonder if ASUHATER! is OK with this? I mean, kids are going to learn the about sex sooner rather than later anyways, right?

BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) — A man convicted of having sex on a Florida beach in front of families was sentenced to two and a half years in prison on Monday.

Jose Caballero, 40, and Elissa Alvarez, 21, were convicted in May of two counts of lewd and lascivious behavior in a case that drew international attention for the couple's brazen act. They were videotaped having sex on a Manatee County beach last summer in broad daylight. Witnesses testified that a 3-year-old girl saw them.

Caballero told jurors that he and Alvarez were not having sex and that witnesses were mistaken. Jurors listened to graphic testimony from witnesses and saw a video of Alvarez moving on top of Caballero in a sexual manner in the middle of the day while others watched.

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Now that is a stupid and ignorant post.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

ASUHATER! wrote:Now that is a stupid and ignorant post.
Your response to Chi was one of the dumbest posts in the history of the board. Just trying to see where you draw the line.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

UAEebs86 wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:Now that is a stupid and ignorant post.
Your response to Chi was one of the dumbest posts in the history of the board. Just trying to see where you draw the line.
No it wasn't. Not even a tiny bit.

So because I believe that I have the right to talk how I want in public away and separated from children and not talking at them directly...then that means I'm ok with people having sex in public right by kids? What kind of absolutely idiotic jump in logic is that? Chi's post was presented in a way that he, since he has kids, had the right to censor people's speech in public. I disagreed. If I'm standing on a street corner 15 feet from your family and cuss...deal with it. That was my entire point. Where the hell do you get this crap about being ok with having sex in front of small kids and public.

You should step away from the computer and evaluate your life decisions at this point. Some azkkk/jefe/salty/dw99 level stupidity you're displaying.

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

ASUHATER! wrote:Chi's post was presented in a way that...
I think you need to go back and re-read what Chi posted.

Cause everyone else sees it differently than you just stated it. In fact, it's pretty clear he DIDN'T present it the way you are stating he did. Maybe you just misread it the first time or something, I don't know, and there has been a bit of a piling on towards you since then, but still, you've really misunderstood what Chi posted.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

PieceOfMeat wrote:

Cause everyone else sees it differently than you just stated it. In fact, it's pretty clear he DIDN'T present it the way you are stating he did. Maybe you just misread it the first time or something, I don't know, and there has been a bit of a piling on towards you since then, but still, you've really misunderstood what Chi posted.
Or possibly people misread what I posted. Shrug. I didn't do anything wrong or misunderstand anything from what I can tell.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:

Or possibly people misread what I posted. Shrug. I didn't do anything wrong or misunderstand anything from what I can tell.
You're kidding, right?

:lol:

Look, it's ok to admit you assumed things not in evidence (like that this was just some stranger who we randomly came upon in public who for some reason I let speak directly to my children in a vulgar way). Or you could stick to your guns and keep presenting the issue as if you saw things correctly and literally everyone else saw it wrong.

I'd take the laugh it off option, but I know that's never been your style. So you just keep on being you Hater. Just double down on the dumb and never ever admit you may have been wrong. Which by the way, you most definitely were.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Unless you are a real POS, I think you tone it down just about anywhere kids are or can be, including the sidewalk/street.

I know most of us probably have been there, I know I have multiple times, where you say something with kids around. But usual you get a look from a parent or the parent says something, you apologize and it is okay. There is no way hater would have the balls to tell that mom or dad that he is not sorry and that the kid will learn it eventually even though he claims it behind the keyboard and monitor.

The one that has the complex is hater thinking he is above everyone.

Also the left lane should be for passing only on highways not inside the city, but no one ever does that. But what hater does is so dangerous. Cops I know have said stuff like that is more dangerous than speeding.

Thanks hater for your psa's on how you got it right and we who speed and think we should censor ourselves like decent humans are wrong.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PHXCATS wrote: Also the left lane should be for passing only on highways not inside the city, but no one ever does that. But what hater does is so dangerous. Cops I know have said stuff like that is more dangerous than speeding.
In Indiana we just had a law passed that specifically outlaws blocking traffic in the left lane even if you are obeying the speed limit and everyone else is exceeding it.
The law signed by Gov. Mike Pence earlier this month and taking effect July 1 gives faster drivers the right of way in so-called highway fast lanes and permits police to issue tickets to left-lane drivers who fail to budge when they should reasonably know another vehicle is overtaking them, The (Munster) Times reported.

State Rep. Jud McMillin, R-Brookville, said he sponsored the law to ensure “individuals who are driving in the fast lane slowly are properly incentivized to get out of your way.”

The mandate does not apply during traffic congestion, bad weather, while exiting on the left, paying a toll or pulling over for an emergency vehicle.

However, at all other times motorists risks fines if they are in the left lane and do not move to the right when another vehicle wants to pass.

The law was approved by the Indiana House 97-0 and cleared the Senate in a 29-20 vote.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

At the dinner table I forgot myself and got carried away with a story in front of Schnebly's 5-year-old-son, who is now an entering freshman at the U of A. The result of my carelessness was the kid's unfortunate repeating, "Stupid asshole! Stupid asshole! Stupid asshole!"
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Safety on the highway is mostly about flow. Our roads more often than not have room for everyone. Traffic occurs in 'pockets' or 'waves' if you will where cars get all bunched together due to bad drivers and then there is no flow. On a two-lane road with a semi in the right lane doing 8 over, it's best to speed even more than you want/intend just to get past the truck and a safe distance ahead before passing. Driving literally neck and neck with a semi because you don't want to exceed 8 over is the most insane thing ever, yet people do it all the time.

And I agree with phxcats about the cursing...I curse hundreds of times per day probably but I can absolutely turn it off at work or if I recognize kids are present in the general vicinity. It's called being aware of your surroundings and acting accordingly, aka being a normal adult.
BMalo

Post by BMalo »

In a restaurant a few years ago with friends and I was loudly discussing how my wife tells me to keep my cursing down and that she wasn't with me and I can now curse as much as I want. There father of many kids at the table next to me told me to keep it down and that he had kids. I didn't know he was there and genuinely felt bad. Now as a dad I realize how much of a douche I was.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

BMalo wrote:In a restaurant a few years ago with friends and I was loudly discussing how my wife tells me to keep my cursing down and that she wasn't with me and I can now curse as much as I want. There father of many kids at the table next to me told me to keep it down and that he had kids. I didn't know he was there and genuinely felt bad. Now as a dad I realize how much of a douche I was.
So you didn't tell that guy, "just because you have kids doesn't make you a god above everyone else"?
BMalo

Post by BMalo »

:lol: No, I apologized because I was being an idiot.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Irish27 wrote:Shopping at Costco and you get behind someone who is slower than a snail and will stop at every table that is giving away free samples of food.
This is like saying, "Walking in Times Square and a bunch of tourists keep stopping and taking pictures."

Or going to a game at McKale and people keep standing up.

To be expected.
Right where I want to be.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Alieberman wrote:Lazy Stupid People piss me off.

We ran out of coffee the other morning, so I used it as an excuse to go to Dunkin Donuts to get a coffee (no donut... just coffee) I drive there planning on going through the drive through but the line is a mile long. I then notice there are only like 1 or 2 cars parked in the parking lot... the actual restaurant is basically empty. I then park, go in and get my coffee in about 3 minutes. I get back in my car and notice these same fat lazy people are still sitting in their cars in line, motors running, air conditioning blasting, getting pissed that the drive-thru line isn't hardly moving.

Idiots.
I do this a lot. I don't get why people wait.

Then there are people who use the ATM (and absorb the fee) outside the bank when it's open.
gumby

Post by gumby »

UAdevil wrote:Folks who add the possessive to business names where one is not present. Like saying "Hey, let's go to Chipotle's today". The freaking place is Chipotle, no damn 's. Lol. Don't add it if it's not part of the name. Totally different if someone said "I really dislike the amount of rice in Chipotle's burritos".
Or it's plural and they spell it with an apostrophe.

Today's speclal: Green corn tamale's and bean burrito's.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

gumby wrote:Then there are people who use the ATM (and absorb the fee) outside the bank when it's open.
If it's your bank there should be no fee to use the ATM. If there is, you need to find a new bank ASAP.

If it's not your bank and there is a fee, I'm not sure what going inside would do for you. They won't give you any money.
gumby

Post by gumby »

I'm now at a credit union, so if this doesn't occur anymore, well, I hope my kids aren't reading this board.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Chicat wrote:
gumby wrote:Then there are people who use the ATM (and absorb the fee) outside the bank when it's open.
If it's your bank there should be no fee to use the ATM. If there is, you need to find a new bank ASAP.

If it's not your bank and there is a fee, I'm not sure what going inside would do for you. They won't give you any money.
Most credit unions participate in shared branching so even if you don't have an account there you can still probably go inside and do your business from another credit union. Hence reason 4232352 why credit unions are better.

Source: Works at credit union
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

gumby wrote:I'm now at a credit union, so if this doesn't occur anymore, well, I hope my kids aren't reading this board.

Didn't realize that about credit unions. I take it from SD's post that you can't walk into a Chase or Bank of America and do your business. Just another credit union?
gumby

Post by gumby »

No, I mean way back when I was banking, I was charged a fee for ATM withdrawal by my own bank. I just get my cash at grocery stores now. With a mask.
Last edited by gumby on Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

nope. fuck the banks.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

gumby wrote:No, I mean way back when I was banking, I was charged a fee for ATM withdrawal by my own bank. I just get my cash at grocery stores now. With a mask.
I don't ever use cash anymore. Which means I no longer have to lie to homeless people.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Chicat wrote:
gumby wrote:No, I mean way back when I was banking, I was charged a fee for ATM withdrawal by my own bank. I just get my cash at grocery stores now. With a mask.
I don't ever use cash anymore. Which means I no longer have to lie to homeless people.
same here haha. i found a $20 bill in my wallet the other day amongst a plethora of credit card receipts and was shocked. i had no idea how long it had been in there since i cannot remember the last time i used cash for anything.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Chicat wrote:
we probably aren't too far away from seeing homeless people with the square for people like you!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Alieberman wrote:
Chicat wrote:
we probably aren't too far away from seeing homeless people with the square for people like you!
If they were smart, they'd start accepting Apple Pay and Google Wallet.

But in all seriousness, I'm sure it's getting tougher and tougher to panhandle. I never have spare change, and when I do have cash it's almost always in $20 bills which I'm certainly not giving away.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Chicat wrote:
Ha! I like this. I give them my old bank ATM number.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Chicat wrote:
gumby wrote:I'm now at a credit union, so if this doesn't occur anymore, well, I hope my kids aren't reading this board.

Didn't realize that about credit unions. I take it from SD's post that you can't walk into a Chase or Bank of America and do your business. Just another credit union?
Never use ATM's. When I go shopping at the supermarket, I just ask for cash when paying.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Now that this has turned into a money thread....

The reason why I don't use cash is because of the Discover Card cash back thing. I make something like $60 a month on that. I should look into an airline miles card, but I never do because I'm so mesmerized by earning another couple hundred dollars every few months. And it's non-taxable because, for reasons I can't fathom, the IRS doesn't consider it to be income in terms of a gain in personal wealth (they view it as a "discount").

They never get any interest money out of me, so as far as I can tell, I'm a complete burden on them.

Do you guys do this? Are there even better - and equally lazy - ways of making a buck just through purchase transactions alone?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Yes, only pay in cash when it is necessary and the only option. Get cash back with my credit card so everything is pretty much discounted since I pay the balance every month.

Have the Costco Amex which is going away in March I believe so I need to determine what other Amex to use.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

What other Amex to use? I just use a regular American Express card. Am I missing out on an opportunity for mo' money?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Longhorned wrote:What other Amex to use? I just use a regular American Express card. Am I missing out on an opportunity for mo' money?
Delta
Hilton
Jet Blue
Starwood
Plenti

Or cash back
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Thanks!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Irish27 wrote:People shooting off fireworks at 1:30AM.
How about people like my neighbor who shot off fireworks at 10:30 last night? You know, on that little known holiday, the 7th of July... :roll:

My kids woke up scared out of their minds. I'm just glad we don't have any vets in the hood who suffer from PTSD.

I'm seriously thinking about egging his house some random day in the future...