TOS Discussion

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

BearDown89

Re: TOS Discussion

Post by BearDown89 »

Chicat wrote:
Jefe wrote:
azgreg wrote:He mentioned the other day he had little interest in coming over here.
Shouldn't that be a top priority?
If we build it, he will come.
He did say that, but this is what I'm thinking. He's too good a sport.

What's up with Winger, radio silence?
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Chicat wrote:If we build it, he will come.
Was gonna post that yesterday :lol:
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

The biggest downfall is how embedded TOS is search engines and the amount of views and other non-regular posters visit. A lot of information goes through there. It will take a really long time for a new site to build the kind of traffic TOS has.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

sooo I just spent 10 minutes looking at TOS and I have no idea how to cancel my premium subscription. any ideas?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

scumdevils86 wrote:sooo I just spent 10 minutes looking at TOS and I have no idea how to cancel my premium subscription. any ideas?
You have to call the Rivals number do they can try and talk you out of it.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

The Rivals.com subscription refund policy, and how to cancel

To cancel a subscription per our Terms of Service, you'll need to call us at 1-866-2RIVALS [press option 3] in order to verbally confirm your cancellation. We are here Mon-Fri from 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Central Time.

Note: Rivals.com does not refund for unused portions of subscriptions. When you cancel your subscription, you will continue to have access until the end of your current subscription term
--

Still remember the pain in the ass it was to cancel after the staff left for scout.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

thanks, I might have to do it this weekend.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Sucks for those that just signed up or were renewed. It's not really a cancellation, it's just stopping the auto-renew.
Last edited by Merkin on Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

scumdevils86 wrote:thanks, I might have to do it this weekend.

Not open weekends per above
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

splitsecond wrote:The biggest downfall is how embedded TOS is search engines and the amount of views and other non-regular posters visit. A lot of information goes through there. It will take a really long time for a new site to build the kind of traffic TOS has.
Actually we aren't trying to build traffic for we are not selling any product, or competing against any other site. This is just a place where the community of GoAZCats free-board members can go. We are more of a family than anything.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Right, we will not be shaking community members down for 'Premium'.

TOS isn't really getting that much traffic - we can drive a decent amount of traffic once we establish this place as "THE internet community for Wildcat fans." Once we become the only place for real Wildcat fans - we can take advantage of some Google Analytics dollars to help offset our operating expenses.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

I went over to TOS to look someone up, and went through the Member LIst to find his name. What I did find was rather interesting....

There are probably a 1,000 or more new users in the last 2 weeks and they are all handles like "M123C" or something like that. It seems to me that MAO is up to something shady over there, again. He probably gets paid by the number of registered users by whoever he turns the boards over to. More shady shit from MAO.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I thinks that's likely just a spam attack.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Don't they have a Captcha thing?
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Catintheheat wrote:
splitsecond wrote:The biggest downfall is how embedded TOS is search engines and the amount of views and other non-regular posters visit. A lot of information goes through there. It will take a really long time for a new site to build the kind of traffic TOS has.
Actually we aren't trying to build traffic for we are not selling any product, or competing against any other site. This is just a place where the community of GoAZCats free-board members can go. We are more of a family than anything.
I don't think that's the point of building traffic. The point is to bring in more people, with more perspective ad viewpoints. If I wanted to talk to the same people about UA sports I would group text my friends. There is so much information that comes in from everywhere - including opposing fan, etc, that end up on TOS because it is one of the first - if not the first - under various searches for Arizona forums.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

I'm looking for good discussions on Arizona Sports and General Topics. I wont lie, Angcat count down will be greatly missed.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

OSUCat wrote:I'm looking for good discussions on Arizona Sports and General Topics. I wont lie, Angcat count down will be greatly missed.
He continued his countdown at Scout.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:
Jefe wrote:
azgreg wrote:He mentioned the other day he had little interest in coming over here.
Shouldn't that be a top priority?
If we build it, he will come.
You know, when you say this about a live guy instead of a ghost, it sounds more sexual.

97 and Winger would be big acquisitions. Have we told them about how nice the grass is here?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Winger just started the football betting thread over at scout.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
UAGreg

Post by UAGreg »

Catintheheat wrote:
Agreed. We're not looking to make any money or anything, just keep the family together.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Canceling rivals is a headache. It's the reason I never signed up again.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

cats101 wrote:Canceling rivals is a headache. It's the reason I never signed up again.
I was thinking about signing up with scout now that they have the 2 months for 1, but I see you need to call to cancel too, and that is holding me back. Has anyone had a problem cancelling scout? How pressure sales on the phone?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I had no issues with cancelling Rivals. I called, explained to the woman on the phone that I wanted to cancel, kept interrupting her as she went into her speech about how great the upcoming coverage was going to be by saying, "That's ok, I want to cancel. Please cancel my subscription," and she eventually did. Probably took 5 minutes total. Just be a prick. They'll want to get you off the phone, especially when you interrupt saying the same thing over and over again. Channel your inner KyleCollins...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Catintheheat wrote:
cats101 wrote:Canceling rivals is a headache. It's the reason I never signed up again.
I was thinking about signing up with scout now that they have the 2 months for 1, but I see you need to call to cancel too, and that is holding me back. Has anyone had a problem cancelling scout? How pressure sales on the phone?
I've cancelled scout once but it must not have been that bad because I signed up again about a year ago. I think it depends on which type of subscription you get, maybe that's why rivals was a headache. I believe if you sign up for the 2 for 1 it's automatically goes to monthly payments once the deal is over with
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Catintheheat wrote:
No problem at all. On the Scout website, it says you need to call to cancel. But there's never a need to call those people, because Scheer just takes care of that stuff for you by way of email. It makes sense, because neither Scheer nor Scout would want posters griping on their boards that they can't cancel. It's only the Goazcats administration that doesn't care what anybody posts about anything ever.

But about cancellations in general, it's pretty simple. If you have trouble reaching somebody by phone, or if the person on the phone tries delay tactics, just call your credit card company and tell them you're having difficulty canceling. They'll drop your charges and take care of the cancellation process themselves, just like when you buy a bad product.
gumby

Post by gumby »

azgreg wrote:It's still weird having the avatars on the right side.
Feel like I'm driving in England.
Right where I want to be.
jollything

Post by jollything »

I was a member of the free boards for 11 years. I lurked mostly, but that place was a real community. It's a shame what happened and how the higher ups refused to address the issue. Over on the premium boards a thread discussing what was happening went completely ignored by admins tracy, and matt. Even direct questions on the board and on twitter (where matt and tracy were very good about engaging in discussion) went ignored. That wasn't the site I had come to know. Very disappointed in how they chose to handle all this. So here I am, it's good to see the amount of discussion already occurring here.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Katzenfreund wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:thanks, I might have to do it this weekend.
Do they nowadays have telecommunication services out there in Tombstone or are you going back to Tucson for the call?
not so much. I have sprint and I don't get any data service at all and texts/calls are sketchy. usually takes 3-4 tries to place a call or send a text.
mytwocents

Post by mytwocents »

LOL at TOS right now...THINGS ARE HAPPENING
mytwocents

Post by mytwocents »

OK...well...apparently the old TOS is back
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Just checked and it looks like they reverted to the way it was a week ago. Which is fine. I think I like it here better.
mytwocents

Post by mytwocents »

So let's see how long it takes for someone to post something there. NO ONE HERE do it kkthx
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The currently logged-in users are pretty funny. You, me, and 12 spam bots.
mytwocents

Post by mytwocents »

How come you and Main Event have * next to your name. I want one.
mytwocents

Post by mytwocents »

Well looks like they just got one more member! S40R. I see big things coming from him.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I thought that meant I was invisible and my login status couldn't be seen by other posters. I guess not...
mytwocents

Post by mytwocents »

Chicat wrote:I thought that meant I was invisible and my login status couldn't be seen by other posters. I guess not...
ha...nope. And I've noticed it many times before...
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

NO shit?

I'm going to have to go see this...
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

mytwocents wrote:
Chicat wrote:I thought that meant I was invisible and my login status couldn't be seen by other posters. I guess not...
ha...nope. And I've noticed it many times before...
That's because you're a moderator. Other mere mortals just don't see my name show up.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

ABirks, LBegay, CruzNdd, CKozlowsk, ALlewelyn, A18A, IBerkman, ClaudiaMa, L7234, SSwinburn, DanielleG, Yukiko572, CPelensky, JPaul, IKoch, JWillis, S40R, CYPAE, AVzv, ofycliyt9, LUPCherie, AE50, RG54, LAwad, KShepard, MBostic, VShaw, MCardwell

Who the hell are these jokers and the newbie MCardwell? Is MAO creating new posters like Iraqi's create voters?

Have to appease rivals I guess. We'll lets see if the divide and conquer strategy works. I'm staying put.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

mytwocents wrote:OK...well...apparently the old TOS is back
Back when I was in the army, this is what we referred to as the shooting friendly. I remember this one time when we had a bunch of Belgian guys shooting at us and throwing all kinds of grenades. We're all hiding in a ditch wiping mud out of our eyes. Next thing you know they start coaxing us out. These guys had on aprons, baking up souffles and serving us cognac, singing all of our favorite Billy Joel songs, their wives giving us lap dances. And then they start shooting me in the ass. "Dance through it, clown." Jeez, that smarted. I'll never forget it.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Longhorned wrote:
Back when I was in the army, this is what we referred to as the shooting friendly. I remember this one time when we had a bunch of Belgian guys shooting at us and throwing all kinds of grenades. We're all hiding in a ditch wiping mud out of our eyes. Next thing you know they start coaxing us out. These guys had on aprons, baking up souffles and serving us cognac, singing all of our favorite Billy Joel songs, their wives giving us lap dances. And then they start shooting me in the ass. "Dance through it, clown." Jeez, that smarted. I'll never forget it.
oh man LH bringing it today.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Before the site goes down, use PM to promote the site to any regular, quasi regular not yet here.

Don't post a link on the free boards. I don't want Jim getting pissy.

Use PM for thegoat, MrBug, TucsonClip, etc.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

JMJ...

Can I create a thread titled, Never Forget, and post in quotes MAO's diatribe from yesterday, still blaming free-boarders for the site's poor finances?

Maybe top it off with my people have spoken llama?

I'll have no link for here.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

no one go back! stay strong and don't be tempted by the old posts there. now that's back and reverted, they'll have deleted anything from the debacle and will try covering it up.
Last edited by ASUHATER! on Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Think everyone should put something in their signature to come over here besides the pm thing.
phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

Those usernames have to be made up...
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

ASUHATER! wrote:no one go back! stay strong and don't be tempted by the old posts there. now that's back and reverted, they'll have deleted anything from the debacle and will try covering it up.
correct, that is why I want to post MAO's meltdown if I can find it.
mytwocents

Post by mytwocents »

Longhorned wrote:
LOLOLOL
CalStateTempe wrote:JMJ...
Can I create a thread titled, Never Forget, and post in quotes MAO's diatribe from yesterday, still blaming free-boarders for the site's poor finances?
Maybe top it off with my people have spoken llama?
I'll have no link for here.
Not unless you saved em...anything posted in recent weeks be gone yo...
Chicat wrote:That's because you're a moderator. Other mere mortals just don't see my name show up.
Ahhhh....
CalStateTempe wrote:ABirks, LBegay, CruzNdd, CKozlowsk, ALlewelyn, A18A, IBerkman, ClaudiaMa, L7234, SSwinburn, DanielleG, Yukiko572, CPelensky, JPaul, IKoch, JWillis, S40R, CYPAE, AVzv, ofycliyt9, LUPCherie, AE50, RG54, LAwad, KShepard, MBostic, VShaw, MCardwell
Who the hell are these jokers and the newbie MCardwell? Is MAO creating new posters like Iraqi's create voters?
Have to appease rivals I guess. We'll lets see if the divide and conquer strategy works. I'm staying put.
Yeah....it's ridic. Let's see any of them ever post...