New long term project ahead

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azgreg

New long term project ahead

Post by azgreg »

My wife has always wanted a teardrop trailer. For those of you unfamiliar with one they are a small trailer that usually sleeps 2 and the back opens up to expose a small galley (kitchen). We love to camp, but I'm getting to old to sleep in a tent anymore and I don't want a larger truck that would be required to pull a larger travel trailer. So the build is on. I've already started gathering materials and plan to start the build this fall after it cools down a bit.

Here is an example of a teardrop trailer.

scumdevils86

Re: New long term project ahead

Post by scumdevils86 »

sweet. I would love that now
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

I hope you know what you are getting into with this project. I have a friend in Flagstaff that is in the middle of remodeling a trailer. She has outsourced all the work. She would rather have her eye poked out then finish this project. Problem after problem after problem. I had an RV for awhile. Same thing. Nothing but fricken problems. I'm not trying to discourage you but just let you know that these thing are a pita! Everything is custom and shit breaks all the time. You have been warned. Good luck!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

So you building one from scratch?

I love tear drop trailers.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Just saw one of those on AirBNB for $75/nt

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/4721284
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

84Cat wrote:I hope you know what you are getting into with this project. I have a friend in Flagstaff that is in the middle of remodeling a trailer. She has outsourced all the work. She would rather have her eye poked out then finish this project. Problem after problem after problem. I had an RV for awhile. Same thing. Nothing but fricken problems. I'm not trying to discourage you but just let you know that these thing are a pita! Everything is custom and shit breaks all the time. You have been warned. Good luck!
This won't be my first trailer, although it is my first teardrop. They can get quit elaborate but we plan to keep this one pretty basic. No cabinets just shelves. Power will be all 12v.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Merkin wrote:So you building one from scratch?

I love tear drop trailers.
Yep. I'm just getting started on welding up the frame.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Finally got my wife to decide on a profile for the trailer.

I've already been collecting materials and will start building the trailer itself in the next week or two.
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

I've been wanting one of those for a while. My promotion at work (and impending move to Phoenix which will necessitate me getting out of town as often as possible) might facilitate that. I'll probably just buy one, though. Preferably with big enough tires to pull behind my Jeep in mild off-road situations.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUCatFan wrote:I've been wanting one of those for a while. My promotion at work (and impending move to Phoenix which will necessitate me getting out of town as often as possible) might facilitate that. I'll probably just buy one, though. Preferably with big enough tires to pull behind my Jeep in mild off-road situations.
Here's a website that has a lot of info on teardrop trailers.

http://tnttt.com/" target="_blank