New Anti-PGU Sites, and other Wildcat Forums thread:

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Wildcatazfan

New Anti-PGU Sites, and other Wildcat Forums thread:

Post by Wildcatazfan »

Playersprogramu.com

If this is not allowed please delete. I'd like to work with all the other boards so we can make the wildcat community grow.
JMarkJohns

Re: The Anti PGU Site

Post by JMarkJohns »

Can we get some information?

Who are you, what is your background, what's the reason this site should help or contribute?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Beardownwildcats is the anti-PGU.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Wildcatazfan

Post by Wildcatazfan »

My name is Javier. I'm just a huge UofA fan who is constantly going to every forum or news site for the latest on the cats. I used to like going to PGU, until I started getting banned for breaking or asking questions. playersprogramu.com is going to be a place where fans can also go to talk all things UofA sports and even other sports. I also couldn't not find a shoutbox/chat anywhere except at PGU. I think it'll be a great tool especially during games for fans to join up and talk real time during games. As far as Anti PGU goes. I feel the site will be the complete opposite as far as how people are treated and how it is run. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm going to fully dedicate as much time and effort as I can. Please take a look at PPU & I'd love people to start contributing now, so when the season starts we'll have another place to go to for wildcat fans.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Chicat wrote:Beardownwildcats is the anti-PGU.
Truth.

First message board I found that talked basketball that I wanted to be associated with. I wasn't really active at TOS because I hate subscription crap.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Wildcatazfan wrote:My name is Javier.
Morales?
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

This has never really been an anti pgu site, it was "refugees" from the old free goazcats message boards.

There's already a site by ex pgu members who say they don't want it to be like the Ace PGU if you'd like.

https://beardowncentral.com" target="_blank
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

NYCat wrote:This has never really been an anti pgu site
Speak for yourself. This became my haven when the only place I had ever known to talk with people about UA basketball, PGU, became, well, you know what it became.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Aren't all other Arizona boards anti-PGU sites?
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Alieberman wrote:Aren't all other Arizona boards anti-PGU sites?
This is my line of thinking.

I don't mind promoting this forum in this thread only. For some we aren't their cup of tea. If this other site is, Godspeed.

Keep it here, though.

If I find this or any other site promotes things we as a forum object to, then we'll delete the thread.
prh

Re: New Anti-PGU Sites, and other Wildcat Forums thread:

Post by prh »

I mean, without trying to sound harsh, we already have all that. UA sports, other sports, game threads, and a lot of existing content and knowledgeable posters. I'm not sure why everyone keeps trying to build a new board just like this one.
Hank of sb

Post by Hank of sb »

prh wrote:I mean, without trying to sound harsh, we already have all that. UA sports, other sports, game threads, and a lot of existing content and knowledgeable posters. I'm not sure why everyone keeps trying to build a new board just like this one.
You know, prh, this is just me talking............. but if I were in charge of this forum, I would have laughed out loud (meaning I actually DID smile a bit) when I saw Javier's opening salvo.

Then--after the LOL-- I would have immediately deleted the comment, the thread with it, and written down from whence it came, for further reference.

I have to add: I am pretty sure I would have forgotten about Javier w/o any guilt.

Except to remember Javier's attempt. (Another smile.)

Now for sure, this thread AND Javier will live on for decades.

But then, who knows (I obviously don't), maybe not.
Hank of sb

Post by Hank of sb »

dcZONAfan wrote:
Speak for yourself. This became my haven when the only place I had ever known to talk with people about UA basketball, PGU, became, well, you know what it became.
So that explains it.
luteformayor2

Post by luteformayor2 »

So is ACE dead?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

luteformayor2 wrote:So is ACE dead?

ACE is dead. I doubt Ajay Thakore is though.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

Not really a forum, but I posted this news feed site preset to AZ basketball years ago on TOS...back when TopCat was still posting. This thread just reminded me that most new posters may not have the link. Not sure where to put this.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/US+Spo ... 12/Arizona" target="_blank

New: Allen, Alkins invited to NBA draft combine. Duval to decide soon.
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Hank of sb wrote:
prh wrote:I mean, without trying to sound harsh, we already have all that. UA sports, other sports, game threads, and a lot of existing content and knowledgeable posters. I'm not sure why everyone keeps trying to build a new board just like this one.
You know, prh, this is just me talking............. but if I were in charge of this forum, I would have laughed out loud (meaning I actually DID smile a bit) when I saw Javier's opening salvo.

Then--after the LOL-- I would have immediately deleted the comment, the thread with it, and written down from whence it came, for further reference.

I have to add: I am pretty sure I would have forgotten about Javier w/o any guilt.

Except to remember Javier's attempt. (Another smile.)

Now for sure, this thread AND Javier will live on for decades.

But then, who knows (I obviously don't), maybe not.
I'm not afraid of other sites and I have no problem with others needing something else than what we are.
Wildcatazfan

Post by Wildcatazfan »

ACE is not dead. The source he had giving him information dried up after the whole Trier debacle. Ace was 100% wacko. He's not dead -- He tweeted the truth, deleted the tweets, took the site down, then tweeted the RIP image.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Wonder how he's paying for all of his luxury cars and houses
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I like JMJ's take. Other UA sites are not a threat to this one, so no arm done. I love LH's Life of Brian clip though. That was exactly what popped into my head when I read the OP.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Puerco wrote:I like JMJ's take. Other UA sites are not a threat to this one, so no arm done. I love LH's Life of Brian clip though. That was exactly what popped into my head when I read the OP.
I'd like to be everything to all people, but that shit costs money, time, energy, and sanity. So, if you like us, great. If you need something else, cool. If you're Civil about it, or can create something of differing, but maybe joint value, we may even have a use for it.

I'm still optimistic we will grow as a community, but if not, if we are the Phoenix from the ashes of GOAZCats and a few who found us since, I'm good with it.

If others have the capital, gumption, or skills to create something we aren't, either by choice or by opportunity, so long as agendas align, I think we as the greater community can scratch each other's backs. Metaphorically speaking. If I'm the future they generate content, I'll seek to promote it in our blog with citation and links back.

400 meter race is easier as a relay.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Hank of sb wrote:
dcZONAfan wrote:
So that explains it.
Explains what, exactly?
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

I'm fine with this thread existing on this site (not that my opinion on the matter, really matters at all) but I'm not fine with it's location in the basketball forum.

This thread should exist in the General Discussion forum: viewforum.php?f=13" target="_blank

I vote for moving it there.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

PieceOfMeat wrote:I'm fine with this thread existing on this site (not that my opinion on the matter, really matters at all) but I'm not fine with it's location in the basketball forum.

This thread should exist in the General Discussion forum: viewforum.php?f=13" target="_blank

I second this, though I'll give it the weekend in our home forum just to spite PGU. Haha
Wildcatazfan

Post by Wildcatazfan »

You guys are awesome. Just want thank you & would love to promote you guys and work together. I went to beardowncentral & asked them to check out my forum & the people at that site went to my forum joined and started spamming my site calling me a loser etc. They hated that i said it was the Anti PGU site & kept defending PGU & ACE. This is one of the best arizona communities & i could only hope i can build my site to gain good members and a few that would like to help contribute. Thanks again. By he way Cam Johnson is going to commit to our Wildcats, but it looks like it'll be after the semester ends.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

JMarkJohns wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:I'm fine with this thread existing on this site (not that my opinion on the matter, really matters at all) but I'm not fine with it's location in the basketball forum.

I second this, though I'll give it the weekend in our home forum just to spite PGU. Haha
Thirded.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Topic moved as mentioned to general discussion.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update: