TOS Discussion

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

prh

Re: TOS Discussion

Post by prh »

There's a game thread over there now. That could be interesting.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

prh wrote:There's a game thread over there now. That could be interesting.
:lol:
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Yep one post with no one viewing it
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

What's the story with Richard Cranium? Is he going down with the ship or what?
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

ASUCatFan wrote:What's the story with Richard Cranium? Is he going down with the ship or what?
I guess he is?

seems odd, but whatever.

they've got 15 posts in their game thread...midway through the 3rd quarter...:lol:
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Who is dameon225 and why does he keep talking to himself?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Alieberman wrote:I also had a very similar conversation with my wife.

"Are you on GoAZCats?"

"No, are you kidding me? Fuck GoAzCats"

"Really, why?"

"They suck, we started a new site of our own, we all left and formed a Cats Co-Op."

"Is it the same people?"

"Yes"

"Are you discussing the same things?"

"Yes"

"So you're on GoAzCats"

Sigh....
My wife calls it the blog. She asked by the "bloggedly blog" looked different. I explained in much the same way and she responded with "Uh ok blogger".
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Merkin wrote:Who is dameon225 and why does he keep talking to himself?
Dude was on fire at TOS.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Under "The Proud Tradition" at TOS, only two sticky threads (Photoshoppers, Old School AZ Basketball) and one normal thread remain. Everything else has been deleted.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UAEebs86 wrote:Under "The Proud Tradition" at TOS, only two sticky threads (Photoshoppers, Old School AZ Basketball) and one normal thread remain. Everything else has been deleted.

They are still there. You just need to change the display options on the bottom to go past the last month.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Merkin wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:Under "The Proud Tradition" at TOS, only two sticky threads (Photoshoppers, Old School AZ Basketball) and one normal thread remain. Everything else has been deleted.

They are still there. You just need to change the display options on the bottom to go past the last month.
My bad. That's even more pathetic. One thread being posted to in a month?
-JB
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Only football fans at GoAzCats these days.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I truly believe Storey just wants everyone to leave so he can just shut the free boards down. Try and make a model like Scout, where many people go just for premium.

Although with twitter and such, can't imagine premium boards being around in the far future.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Not sure where he's going to get the talent to have a Premium-only paywall site that's successful.

Only Matt Moreno was a writer there as of last week, and not sure what incentive he has to stay around.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Merkin wrote:I truly believe Storey just wants everyone to leave so he can just shut the free boards down. Try and make a model like Scout, where many people go just for premium.

Although with twitter and such, can't imagine premium boards being around in the far future.
He could shut it down now. In fact, I'm not sure why he hasn't already.

Premium will hang on. He's got enough people on yearly plans and enough of them will forget to cancel when it renews for it to hang on. I give GoAZCats another couple of years before it fully goes belly up.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I go over there once in a while and just stare at the screen and shake my head. What a waste.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I don't think he realized what he was getting himself into when he tried to dick around his customers. The reality check will hopefully benefit him long-term, but for how he's acting like even more of a childish prick.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote:I don't think he realized what he was getting himself into when he tried to dick around his customers. The reality check will hopefully benefit him long-term, but for how he's acting like even more of a childish prick.
The reality check of causing the sanctions to the team or losing almost his entire staff twice hasn't seemed to have matured him in any way...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I know Storey gave up "official" ownership due to Goazcats losing their press credentials. Seems the "official" owner a Tucson bankruptcy lawyer who was also a Storey client at one time IIRC.

Address is still Storey's.

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Chicat wrote:
Longhorned wrote:I don't think he realized what he was getting himself into when he tried to dick around his customers. The reality check will hopefully benefit him long-term, but for how he's acting like even more of a childish prick.
The reality check of causing the sanctions to the team or losing almost his entire staff twice hasn't seemed to mature him in any way...
I know you and some others have had dealings with him, but I'm trying to imagine what it would be like to hang out with him, like in a bar. I think it would be unpleasant to the point of unbearable. When he wants something from you, like how he wanted something from Lute, I'm sure he's a joy. But otherwise....
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Merkin wrote:I know Storey gave up "official" ownership due to Goazcats losing their press credentials. Seems the "official" owner a Tucson bankruptcy lawyer who was also a Storey client at one time IIRC.

Merk, according to the AZCC website the "owners" are Matt Moreno and T-Mac. The statutory agent is Charles Hyde - he is the agent for the company. Which means any legal action, say a service of paper against Goazcats.com, Inc., would go through him. That's really all a statutory agent does, he's an agent for legal matters. Usually, a statutory agent is used for out of state owners of Inc's and LLC's that need to have an in state agent for legal matters. I'm not really sure why a statutory agent is used in this situation, they have a physical address in AZ. Just another shady Storey story.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

6336 N. Oracle Rd. = UPS Store #442.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Isn't Storey's wife a dentist? Guess he has that income to fall back on:

http://studiodentalaz.com/#sthash.HvmkqYgr.dpbs

"After graduating from dental school in 2004, Dr. Storey returned home to Tucson. It was here that she met and married her husband, Jim. Together, they enjoy traveling, cooking, and entertaining. They always look forward to spending time with friends, family and their two dachshunds, Sophie and Sammi."
-JB
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

wyo-cat wrote:
Merkin wrote:I know Storey gave up "official" ownership due to Goazcats losing their press credentials. Seems the "official" owner a Tucson bankruptcy lawyer who was also a Storey client at one time IIRC.

Merk, according to the AZCC website the "owners" are Matt Moreno and T-Mac. The statutory agent is Charles Hyde - he is the agent for the company. Which means any legal action, say a service of paper against Goazcats.com, Inc., would go through him. That's really all a statutory agent does, he's an agent for legal matters. Usually, a statutory agent is used for out of state owners of Inc's and LLC's that need to have an in state agent for legal matters. I'm not really sure why a statutory agent is used in this situation, they have a physical address in AZ. Just another shady Storey story.
Thanks for the clarification Wyo.

Interesting that Tracy is still on there, wasn't he canned, or resigned in lieu of being fired? Forgot the details.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Longhorned wrote:I know you and some others have had dealings with him, but I'm trying to imagine what it would be like to hang out with him, like in a bar. I think it would be unpleasant to the point of unbearable. When he wants something from you, like how he wanted something from Lute, I'm sure he's a joy. But otherwise....
It would be like talking to a bubbleheaded socialite at a party where you're not the rich guy. Cold-shouldered or at best told what you want to hear because she has no idea what she is talking about.

Really do wonder if Pastner stays in touch. I doubt it. That office on Oracle is a mail room tinier than the former bank-turned-newsroom I work in now.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

In the football thread last night, there was a total of 9 posts. 6 of those were by a single poster (lofty). I think the final post was from the second quarter, and then it stops because at that point lofty realized that nobody else was there to respond to his posts.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Longhorned wrote:In the football thread last night, there was a total of 9 posts. 6 of those were by a single poster (lofty). I think the final post was from the second quarter, and then it stops because at that point lofty realized that nobody else was there to respond to his posts.
wonder why he wasn't posting here

Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Longhorned yesterday created the most replied to and most informative thread over at TOS in months.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

i can't see the old lower boards but.... there has only been like 2 threads posted in on all the sports forums in the last week or 2.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Not a popular opinion, but I miss "TOS"

Too bad it's dead.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

cats101 wrote:Not a popular opinion, but I miss "TOS"

Too bad it's dead.
what is there to miss about that place? all of the good parts of it are here...
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

cats101, I hear you.

I worry that this site will die on the vine without new members. I feel its already lost a bit of the magic.

Not saying I want to revert to terrible management at TOS, just a bit nostalgic for the good ole days.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

CalStateTempe wrote:cats101, I hear you.

I worry that this site will die on the vine without new members. I feel its already lost a bit of the magic.

Not saying I want to revert to terrible management at TOS, just a bit nostalgic for the good ole days.
that's the only thing this place needs is to be accessible to new, quality posters. other than that...the old site is dead and gone to me. this place is better because it is transplanted community and we have preserved a lot of what of made the old days great.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I miss rep. And that's it.
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

I miss tags
"Yeah, well, I always heard there were three kinds of suns in kansas: sunshine, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Paint the eyelid and spread it.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

scumdevils86 wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:cats101, I hear you.

that's the only thing this place needs is to be accessible to new, quality posters. other than that...the old site is dead and gone to me. this place is better because it is transplanted community and we have preserved a lot of what of made the old days great.

the eventual transition to the new url should help people find it, i'd imagine.

no offense to prodigal eyelid, but I doubt many people are randomly typing that into google

wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Sidewinder wrote:I miss tags
The tags were hilarious. I miss them too.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I miss how easy it was to embed in the old site.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Oh, come on. How did Lute feel when he left Iowa for Arizona? You head out to the middle of nowhere, AND YA BUILD IT!
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Chicat wrote:I miss rep. And that's it.
Rep is a big deterrent to newer users, apparently.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

One post on TOS tonight....haha
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

scumdevils86 wrote:One post on TOS tonight....haha
if you can't get more than one post on a night like tonight.....

muerto

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Wait, there's another site?
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

And we've had over 1200 posts tonight, just in the game thread. And our most users ever online. Shared hosting seems to be holding up just fine so far.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Anyone know what is happening with 97Cats and Wize & Ace from PGU?
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Irish27 wrote:Anyone know what is happening with 97Cats and Wize & Ace from PGU?
Read the second half of pg. 16 to 17 in this Thread - starts with the post from UofAlum05
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

NYCat wrote:
Irish27 wrote:Anyone know what is happening with 97Cats and Wize & Ace from PGU?
Read the second half of pg. 16 to 17 in this Thread - starts with the post from UofAlum05
I know, I read it, that is why I am asking if there has been any updates?
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I don't think this is premium info even if it was announced on premium, but there was a one word update in response to 97 yesterday: "patience".
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

No posts in 4 days.

Officially dead?