Ebola

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

Re: Ebola

Post by Chicat »

Merkin wrote:BREAKING: An entrance to the Pentagon has been closed and the south parking lot shut down due to an Ebola scare. According to WJLA, police found a woman in the parking lot sick and vomiting. She told police she had recently visited West Africa. This is the official statement from Lt. Col. Tom Crosson of the Defense Department: At about 9:10 a.m., Pentagon Police officers identified a woman in the Pentagon South Parking Lot, around lanes 17-19, who was ill and vomiting. Arlington County Fire Department was notified to respond immediately. During the response, the individual indicated that she had recently visited Africa. Out of an abundance of caution, all pedestrian and vehicular traffic was suspended around the South Parking lot, while Arlington County responded to the scene. At 0953, the individual was taken to the Inova Fairfax Hospital. Out of an abundance of caution and to allow the investigation to proceed, pedestrian and vehicular traffic around the Pentagon South Parking lot's lanes 7-23 will remain restricted until further notice. The Corridor 2 entrance to the Pentagon is also closed.

Read More at: http://www.fox17.com/news/features/top- ... 4121.shtml
Not Ebola. But it will be awesome to see every news team in America rushing to report someone throwing up in a parking lot.

So, can we talk about travel bans? The guy who brought it to Dallas came in through Europe. We obviously can't shut down all travel across the border, so what would a travel ban look like? No direct flights from Africa and no West African natives allowed? Maybe I'm being oversensitive, but the I'm not quite sure I like the optics of holding West Africans in quarantined holding cells at major airports and border crossings.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I guess we should have all voted for Romney.

http://www.salon.com/2014/10/17/scott_b ... socialflow
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

So the Ebola Virus walks into the bar and the bartender says "Sorry, we don't serve infectious diseases here." So Ebola says "Well, you're certainly not a good host."
"Yeah, well, I always heard there were three kinds of suns in kansas: sunshine, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

Nigeria and Senegal are both declared ebola-free after 42 days with no new infections, despite foolishly refusing to take the careful, reasonable advice of right-wing morons on Fox News.
History says, Don't hope
On this side of the grave,
But then, once in a lifetime
The longed-for tidal wave
Of justice can rise up
And hope and history rhyme.

Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

So far, more Americans have been married to Kim Kardashian than have died from Ebola.

And the Ebola victims suffered less.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote:So far, more Americans have been married to Kim Kardashian than have died from Ebola.

And the Ebola victims suffered less.
:lol:

Totally stealing this.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I'm back from Dallas...no symptoms yet.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER! wrote:I'm back from Dallas...no symptoms yet.
Lock yourself in a closet for 21 days.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Patient in New York City Tests Positive for Ebola

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/24/nyreg ... -city.html
A doctor in New York City who recently returned from treating Ebola patients in Guinea tested positive for the Ebola virus Thursday, becoming the city’s first diagnosed case.

The doctor, Craig Spencer, was rushed to Bellevue Hospital on Thursday and placed in isolation while health care workers spread out across the city to trace anyone he might have come into contact with in recent days. A further test will be conducted by the federal Centers for Disease Control to confirm the initial test.

While officials have said they expected isolated cases of the disease to arrive in New York eventually, and had been preparing for this moment for months, the first case highlighted the challenges surrounding containment of the virus, especially in a crowded metropolis.

Even as the authorities worked to confirm that Mr. Spencer was infected with Ebola, it emerged that he traveled from Manhattan to Brooklyn on the subway on Wednesday night, when he went to a bowling alley and then took a taxi home.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Relax, we'll pounce on this just like we did AIDS.
Right where I want to be.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

A nurse traveling back from West Africa is refusing to go into a 21 day quarantine. The state is now seeking methods to force her. She has twice tested negative for Ebola.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/29/health/us ... ?hpt=hp_t1
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

This country is losing it's fucking mind.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

azgreg wrote:This country is losing it's fucking mind.
She knew the risk when volunteering to go help treat this disease. Symptom free or not she needs to be in isolation for the required amount of days to be safe. For what it's worth, the CDC announced this morning Ebola can be transmitted through sneeze droplets.

But let's be real. She just wants to be on TV and possibly position herself for a lawsuit.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

In related news:

Quarantine ordered for troops returning from W. Africa

U.S. troops returning from Ebola-stricken nations will be isolated for 21 days, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel announced Wednesday, a day after the White House raised concerns about states imposing strict quarantines of health care workers returning from West Africa.

Top commanders for the Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps made the recommendation to Hagel on Tuesday. The Army instituted an isolation requirement for 21 days — the incubation period for the deadly virus — on Monday.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/worl ... /18108613/
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

the real dill wrote:
She knew the risk when volunteering to go help treat this disease. Symptom free or not she needs to be in isolation for the required amount of days to be safe. For what it's worth, the CDC announced this morning Ebola can be transmitted through sneeze droplets.

But let's be real. She just wants to be on TV and possibly position herself for a lawsuit.
Agree on the chick.

But the sneeze droplets have to be from a person who clearly has ebola symptoms? Or can it be from a person who is still 'incubating' the virus within with no symptoms? Because that is the difference between widespread chaos and (almost) much ado about nothing (in the USA).
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

gumby wrote:Relax, we'll pounce on this just like we did AIDS.

the real dill

Post by the real dill »

not clear on the droplets.

CDC admits droplets from a sneeze could spread Ebola

“If you are sniffling and sneezing, you produce microorganisms that can get on stuff in a room. If people touch them, they could be” infected, said Dr. Meryl Nass, of the Institute for Public Accuracy in Washington, DC.
Nass pointed to a poster the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention quietly released on its Web site saying the deadly virus can be spread through “droplets.”
“Droplet spread happens when germs traveling inside droplets that are coughed or sneezed from a sick person enter the eyes, nose or mouth of another person,” the poster states.
Nass slammed the contradiction.
“The CDC said it doesn’t spread at all by air, then Friday they came out with this poster,” she said. “They admit that these particles or droplets may land on objects such as doorknobs and that Ebola can be transmitted that way.”
Dr. Rossi Hassad, a professor of epidemiology at Mercy College, said droplets could remain active for up to a day.
“A shorter duration for dry surfaces like a table or doorknob, and longer durations in a moist, damp environment,” Hassad said.

http://nypost.com/2014/10/29/cdc-admits ... ead-ebola/
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

the real dill wrote:

This shit is so ridiculous and wrong that it is INSANE that it is all over my Facebook and here as well.

There is NO reason to keep her in isolation for 21 days without any symptoms whatsoever, and doing so is not only a clear violation of those individual rights that conservatives pretend to care so much about, but also extremely detrimental to the cause of fighting ebola abroad.

Yes, this country really is going insane azgreg, but it's people like pokinmik and dill who are evidence of it, not this nurse.
Last edited by Bruins01 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Bruins01 wrote:
the real dill wrote:

This shit is so ridiculous and wrong that it is INSANE that it is all over my Facebook and here as well.

There is NO reason to keep her in isolation for 21 days without any symptoms whatsoever, and doing so is not only a clear violation of those individual rights that conservatives pretend to care so much about, but also extremely detrimental to the cause of fighting ebola abroad.

Yes, this country really is going insane azgreg, but it's people like you and dill who are evidence of it, not this nurse.
Fuck off ass munch! I didn't say anything against the nurse.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Bruins01 wrote:
the real dill wrote:

Yes, this country really is going insane azgreg, but it's people like you and dill who are evidence of it, not this nurse.
Ebola can lay dormant and undetectable for 21 days.

Federal isolation and quarantine are authorized for these communicable diseases:

Cholera
Diphtheria
Infectious tuberculosis
Plague
Smallpox
Yellow fever
Viral hemorrhagic fevers
Severe acute respiratory syndromes
Flu that can cause a pandemic

Federal isolation and quarantine are authorized by Executive Order of the President. The President can revise this list by Executive Order.

Under section 361 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S. Code § 264), the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services is authorized to take measures to prevent the entry and spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the United States and between states.

The authority for carrying out these functions on a daily basis has been delegated to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

CDC's Role
Under 42 Code of Federal Regulations parts 70 and 71, CDC is authorized to detain, medically examine, and release persons arriving into the United States and traveling between states who are suspected of carrying these communicable diseases.

As part of its federal authority, CDC routinely monitors persons arriving at U.S. land border crossings and passengers and crew arriving at U.S. ports of entry for signs or symptoms of communicable diseases.

When alerted about an ill passenger or crew member by the pilot of a plane or captain of a ship, CDC may detain passengers and crew as necessary to investigate whether the cause of the illness on board is a communicable disease.

State, Local, and Tribal Law
States have police power functions to protect the health, safety, and welfare of persons within their borders. To control the spread of disease within their borders, states have laws to enforce the use of isolation and quarantine.

These laws can vary from state to state and can be specific or broad. In some states, local health authorities implement state law. In most states, breaking a quarantine order is a criminal misdemeanor.

Tribes also have police power authority to take actions that promote the health, safety, and welfare of their own tribal members. Tribal health authorities may enforce their own isolation and quarantine laws within tribal lands, if such laws exist.
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

azgreg wrote:
Bruins01 wrote:
the real dill wrote:

Sorry, I worded my post poorly, and basically referred to dill twice, when I meant to refer to dill and pokinmik.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Bruins01 wrote:
azgreg wrote:
Bruins01 wrote:
the real dill wrote:

Sorry, I worded my post poorly, and basically referred to dill twice, when I meant to refer to dill and pokinmik.
Fair enough. Sorry for the outbreak.
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

the real dill wrote:
Bruins01 wrote:
the real dill wrote:

Federal isolation and quarantine are authorized for these communicable diseases:

Cholera
Diphtheria
Infectious tuberculosis
Plague
Smallpox
Yellow fever
Viral hemorrhagic fevers

Federal isolation and quarantine are authorized by Executive Order of the President. The President can revise this list by Executive Order.

Under section 361 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S. Code § 264), the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services is authorized to take measures to prevent the entry and spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the United States and between states.

The authority for carrying out these functions on a daily basis has been delegated to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

CDC's Role
Under 42 Code of Federal Regulations parts 70 and 71, CDC is authorized to detain, medically examine, and release persons arriving into the United States and traveling between states who are suspected of carrying these communicable diseases.

As part of its federal authority, CDC routinely monitors persons arriving at U.S. land border crossings and passengers and crew arriving at U.S. ports of entry for signs or symptoms of communicable diseases.

When alerted about an ill passenger or crew member by the pilot of a plane or captain of a ship, CDC may detain passengers and crew as necessary to investigate whether the cause of the illness on board is a communicable disease.

States have police power functions to protect the health, safety, and welfare of persons within their borders. To control the spread of disease within their borders, states have laws to enforce the use of isolation and quarantine.

These laws can vary from state to state and can be specific or broad. In some states, local health authorities implement state law. In most states, breaking a quarantine order is a criminal misdemeanor.

Tribes also have police power authority to take actions that promote the health, safety, and welfare of their own tribal members. Tribal health authorities may enforce their own isolation and quarantine laws within tribal lands, if such laws exist.
The description you provided is very, very clear that the person under quarantine needs to be ill or needs to be suspected of being infected. Ebola can take 21 days to be symptomatic, but even if she is infected, she cannot spread it to others until she has symptoms.

You are succumbing to hysteria. There have only been two people who have ever been infected by Ebola while in the United States and the smart money would be on that number not budging anytime soon. Ebola is, contrary to what you seem to believe, difficult to contract. Contracting it from a sneeze is ABSURDLY unlikely. Just calm down.

If you REALLY want to defeat this epi-/pandemic, then the smart thing to do would be to fight it where it actually originated, not by quarantining nurses way out on the periphery. This nurse was one of the few medically trained people in the world who was willing to go to Africa and fight it where the fight really is. We need to encourage people like her to volunteer the way she did, not reward them with mandatory month-long quarantines for no reason.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

azgreg wrote:Fair enough. Sorry for the outbreak.
No need, sorry I wrote my post so stupidly, I don't blame you for getting pissed.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Bruins01 wrote:
the real dill wrote:
Bruins01 wrote:
the real dill wrote:

Cholera
Diphtheria
Infectious tuberculosis
Plague
Smallpox
Yellow fever
Viral hemorrhagic fevers

CDC's Role

The description you provided is very, very clear that the person under quarantine needs to be ill or needs to be suspected of being infected. Ebola can take 21 days to be symptomatic, but even if she is infected, she cannot spread it to others until she has symptoms.

You are succumbing to hysteria. There have only been two people who have ever been infected by Ebola while in the United States and the smart money would be on that number not budging anytime soon. Ebola is, contrary to what you seem to believe, difficult to contract. Contracting it from a sneeze is ABSURDLY unlikely. Just calm down.

It's as if you are suggesting that we should take action only when people start getting the virus. That process is ok for the common cold or flu but a virus with a 50-80% mortality rate it's not sensible. I'm not talking about closing the borders. I'm just saying we should follow the protocol set forth by the CDC.
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

No, I am suggesting that we treat people when they show symptoms and actually start posing a danger to the public, rather than prophylactically throwing them under house arrest to the benefit of absolutely nobody. If you want her to have to report her temperature every hour, then fine. But until she shows a symptom of ebola, she poses NO threat to anybody whatsoever, and quarantining her anyway is a major violation of her rights.

The CDC has not adopted the protocol you are describing, and for good reason, that reason being that it is not only pointless, but counter-productive.

There is NOT going to be a significant outbreak of Ebola in New York, New Jersey, or anywhere else in this country. Again--calm down.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Bruins01 wrote:No, I am suggesting that we treat people when they show symptoms and actually start posing a danger to the public, rather than prophylactically throwing them under house arrest to the benefit of absolutely nobody. If you want her to have to report her temperature every hour, then fine. But until she shows a symptom of ebola, she poses NO threat to anybody whatsoever, and quarantining her anyway is a major violation of her rights.

The CDC has not adopted the protocol you are describing, and for good reason, that reason being that it is not only pointless, but counter-productive.

There is NOT going to be a significant outbreak of Ebola in New York, New Jersey, or anywhere else in this country. Again--calm down.
One of the reasons the chance of an outbreak is so slim is because we have proactively taken a preventative approach to those exposed to the disease. Well, except for this one lady who really wanted to be on the Today show. The voluntary quarantine has been completely fine with everyone else because who wants to expose a loved one to a disease we have little research on and half the people who get it die.
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

the real dill wrote:
Bruins01 wrote:No, I am suggesting that we treat people when they show symptoms and actually start posing a danger to the public, rather than prophylactically throwing them under house arrest to the benefit of absolutely nobody. If you want her to have to report her temperature every hour, then fine. But until she shows a symptom of ebola, she poses NO threat to anybody whatsoever, and quarantining her anyway is a major violation of her rights.

One of the reasons the chance of an outbreak is so slim is because we have proactively taken a preventative approach to those exposed to the disease.
Being proactive means that people who are sick seek treatment, and the treatment centers exercise proper precautions. It does NOT mean putting everyone who came anywhere near someone with ebola into mandatory quarantine. There is a reason that the only two people who have ever contracted the disease while in the United States were people who were treating someone who had it--it is very difficult to contract the disease through casual contact. So difficult, in fact, that the CDC has never had a mandatory quarantine rule in place for returning health workers. Ebola existed before the idiotic governors of New York and New Jersey got wind of it, you know.
Well, except for this one lady who really wanted to be on the Today show. The voluntary quarantine has been completely fine with everyone else because who wants to expose a loved one to a disease we have little research on and half the people who get it die.
What the fuck is a "voluntary quarantine"? A quarantine isn't a quarantine until it is mandatory. A voluntary quarantine is not an actual thing. If public health officials had cause to quarantine somebody, they would make it mandatory. What you wrote is nonsense and irrelevant.

Also, Ebola has been EXTENSIVELY researched.

Look man, you can keep going with this if you want, but what you are saying flies in the face of everything we know of epidemiology and public health. At this point, the people saying what you are saying are the equivalent of anti-vaccination crazies and global warming deniers.
Last edited by Bruins01 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

My wife's aunts are all nurses and they think this woman is a total attention whore and should just comply with the quarantine.

As one of them said, "If I was around some incredibly infectious disease and I was told that I shouldn't be around my family and friends for three weeks, that's exactly what I would do. You wouldn't have to quarantine me. I'd quarantine myself."
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

Sure, I don't care about this woman. But I take issue with the horrifically counter-productive mandatory quarantine. Of course I would quarantine myself in her situation. But whether it's this woman or someone more sympathetic is irrelevant. The MANDATORY part is what makes this horrible policy.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

I posted without even reading the CNN article, my mistake. I don't think she should be holed up in her house like a prisoner (didn't realize the level of quarantine they were talking about and was also agreeing on her being an attention whore), but if someone is that close to Ebola they should definitely be monitored pretty closely for a few weeks to make sure. I think freaking out over Ebola in America is as ridiculous as can be but let's be smart here just in case.

Bruins, even if I did think she should be held in strict quarantine I wouldn't appreciate being lumped in with every evil person that is making the world a worse place, especially when I rarely disagree with you and have never said anything bad about you before, which is rare for this site. You calm the fuck down man, no wonder people despise you.
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

You're right, I shouldn't have lumped you in with dill that way, especially since you didn't make it clear in what way you were agreeing with him. Sorry about that.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

It's all good.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Bruins01 wrote:
the real dill wrote:

One of the reasons the chance of an outbreak is so slim is because we have proactively taken a preventative approach to those exposed to the disease.
Being proactive means that people who are sick seek treatment, and the treatment centers exercise proper precautions. It does NOT mean putting everyone who came anywhere near someone with ebola into mandatory quarantine. There is a reason that the only two people who have ever contracted the disease while in the United States were people who were treating someone who had it--it is very difficult to contract the disease through casual contact. So difficult, in fact, that the CDC has never had a mandatory quarantine rule in place for returning health workers. Ebola existed before the idiotic governors of New York and New Jersey got wind of it, you know.
Well, except for this one lady who really wanted to be on the Today show. The voluntary quarantine has been completely fine with everyone else because who wants to expose a loved one to a disease we have little research on and half the people who get it die.
What the fuck is a "voluntary quarantine"? A quarantine isn't a quarantine until it is mandatory. A voluntary quarantine is not an actual thing. If public health officials had cause to quarantine somebody, they would make it mandatory. What you wrote is nonsense and irrelevant.

Look man, you can keep going with this if you want, but what you are saying flies in the face of everything we know of epidemiology and public health. At this point, the people saying what you are saying are the equivalent of anti-vaccination crazies and global warming deniers.
It's voluntary because they are suggesting you quarantine yourself, and they are not physically locking you away. Our definition of extensive is probably a futile exercise in semantics so I'll just leave it alone. Why has every doctor I've seen/read speak on the subject recommending a 21 day quarantine if you've been exposed to the virus? It's like they never even contacted you to find how ridiculous and idiotic it is.

Hell, the military is quarantining soldiers who were building hospitals and not in direct contact with patients like this nurse was. You're acting like I just made up the idea that it would be a good idea to do this. It's the advice of almost every medical opinion I've seen on the issue.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

Wanna hear an Ebola joke?

You probably won't get it.

(sorry if that's already been used in this thread - I quit reading a ways back.)
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

the real dill wrote:
Bruins01 wrote:
the real dill wrote:

It's voluntary because they are suggesting you quarantine yourself, and they are not physically locking you away. Our definition of extensive is probably a futile exercise in semantics so I'll just leave it alone. Why has every doctor I've seen/read speak on the subject recommending a 21 day quarantine if you've been exposed to the virus? It's like they never even contacted you to find how ridiculous and idiotic it is.

Hell, the military is quarantining soldiers who were building hospitals and not in direct contact with patients like this nurse was. You're acting like I just made up the idea that it would be a good idea to do this. It's the advice of almost every medical opinion I've seen on the issue.
Do you not see the words you're using? "Recommended"..."Military"..."Advice"

What you and the idiots who are currently governors of New York, New Jersey, and Maine want is a MANDATORY quarantine with no legal or medical justification.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Bear Down Vegas wrote:Wanna hear an Ebola joke?

You probably won't get it.

(sorry if that's already been used in this thread - I quit reading a ways back.)
I like that.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Bruins01 wrote:
the real dill wrote:
Bruins01 wrote:
the real dill wrote:

Do you not see the words you're using? "Recommended"..."Military"..."Advice"

What you and the idiots who are currently governors of New York, New Jersey, and Maine want is a MANDATORY quarantine with no legal or medical justification.
No, we just want the stupids like you who value "rights" over human life locked away. "I don't care if 3 children die as long as I make the Today show as a martyr for constitutional rights." Stupid poors.

I think the likelihood of her having Ebola is almost zero. But if I was in her situation I would quarantine myself for at least 21 days so that others would not have to worry about it. It's only 3 weeks. I think to do otherwise is to come across as being selfish and ruins your reputation after you have just served in a compassionate mission to help others.

Rightly or wrongly, a whole lot of people are going to perceive this as a negative behavior and once you ruin your reputation, you can never get that back.

Just my opinion.
Last edited by the real dill on Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

From the CDC
Can Ebola spread by coughing? By sneezing?

Unlike respiratory illnesses like measles or chickenpox, which can be transmitted by virus particles that remain suspended in the air after an infected person coughs or sneezes, Ebola is transmitted by direct contact with body fluids of a person who has symptoms of Ebola disease. Although coughing and sneezing are not common symptoms of Ebola, if a symptomatic patient with Ebola coughs or sneezes on someone, and saliva or mucus come into contact with that person’s eyes, nose or mouth, these fluids may transmit the disease.
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

the real dill wrote:No, we just want the stupids like you who value "rights" over human life locked away. "I don't care if 3 children die as long as I make the Today show as a martyr for constitutional rights." Stupid poors.
Haha. What a pathetic tantrum. Nice work.
I think the likelihood of her having Ebola is almost zero. But if I was in her situation I would quarantine myself for at least 21 days so that others would not have to worry about it. It's only 3 weeks. I think to do otherwise is to come across as being selfish and ruins your reputation after you have just served in a compassionate mission to help others.

Rightly or wrongly, a whole lot of people are going to perceive this as a negative behavior and once you ruin your reputation, you can never get that back.

Just my opinion.
I already said that I don't give a shit about her. I'd quarantine myself too. But a MANDATORY quarantine, like the one the idiots Christie and Cuomo tried to implement, is an INCREDIBLY stupid, pointless, and counterproductive policy. But to you, that means that I don't care if three children die. You are an embarrassment.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Bruins01 wrote:Haha. What a pathetic tantrum. Nice work.
Speaking of tantrums, I see you're still having your never ending one...
Bruins01 wrote:I already said that I don't give a shit about her. I'd quarantine myself too. But a MANDATORY quarantine, like the one the idiots Christie and Cuomo tried to implement, is an INCREDIBLY stupid, pointless, and counterproductive policy. But to you, that means that I don't care if three children die. You are an embarrassment.
No son, you're the embarrassment. To anyone who ever agreed with you on any subject. And of course to yourself, but I doubt you realize that. I've never encountered anyone as smart and as god-awful stupid as you Bruins.
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

I thought Chicat and his ridiculously short temper had me on ignore?

Dill called me indifferent to the deaths of children. I called him an embarrassment in response. Which one of us is the asshole here?

No idea why Chicat is incapable of seeing what is plainly obvious, but he irrationally sees red no matter what I write, so whatever. His problem, not mine.

If someone accuses someone else of being indifferent about children dying, I go after THAT asshole, not the guy who rightly defends himself from such an offensive accusation. But then, I'm not insane or stupid, so it's difficult for me to imagine how insane stupid people make their weird decisions.

EDIT: Also, what's more embarrassing than trying to "son" somebody on a message board?????? I'm laughing out loud while typing this. I missed it the first time. That is hilarious.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

the real dill

Post by the real dill »

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/31/health/us ... index.html

"A Maine judge on Friday ruled that state health officials failed to
prove the need for an order enforcing an Ebola quarantine for a nurse
who defied the quarantine in a tense standoff with state authorities.
District Court Chief Judge Charles LaVerdiere ordered nurse Kaci Hickox,
who recently returned to the United States after treating Ebola
patients in Sierra Leone, to submit to "direct active monitoring,"
coordinate travel with public health officials and immediately notify
health authorities should symptoms appear. Her attorney, Norman Siegel,
called the decision a victory. On Thursday, the judge had ordered
stricter limits on Hickox."

FYI

Here is link with more language from court order:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/01/us/eb ... .html?_r=0
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Bruins01 wrote:I thought Chicat and his ridiculously short temper had me on ignore?

Dill called me indifferent to the deaths of children. I called him an embarrassment in response. Which one of us is the asshole here?

No idea why Chicat is incapable of seeing what is plainly obvious, but he irrationally sees red no matter what I write, so whatever. His problem, not mine.

If someone accuses someone else of being indifferent about children dying, I go after THAT asshole, not the guy who rightly defends himself from such an offensive accusation. But then, I'm not insane or stupid, so it's difficult for me to imagine how insane stupid people make their weird decisions.

EDIT: Also, what's more embarrassing than trying to "son" somebody on a message board?????? I'm laughing out loud while typing this. I missed it the first time. That is hilarious.
Celebrated by other sociopaths and suicidal moon bats with a martyr complex.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Bruins01 wrote:I thought Chicat and his ridiculously short temper had me on ignore?
I just usually don't converse with your infantile ass. And for good reason.

Can't wait for your next round of apologies. Those are always good for a chuckle. Might as well make it your signature: "Sorry _____, I didn't mean to call you _____. I meant all of the other ______s but worded my post terribly." People can just insert their name and whatever puerile name you called them and you can save a post. :lol:
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

the real dill wrote:

Celebrated by other sociopaths and suicidal moon bats with a martyr complex.
So you're really standing by accusing someone else of being indifferent to children dying of ebola? Seriously? Wow. What an asshole.
Last edited by Bruins01 on Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

Chicat wrote:
Bruins01 wrote:your infantile ass
Such incredible irony...
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Bruins01 wrote:What an asshole.
Such incredible irony...
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Can't defend you anymore, bruins. I have an irrational belief system. *shrug*
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Someone's going all KyleCollins.