Venting Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

wyo-cat

Re: Venting Thread

Post by wyo-cat »

Anyone know how the fuck to get rid of Bing as my Google Chrome default search engine. It sucks and is all about putting clicks/money back into Microsoft.

Thanks in advance!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

wyo-cat wrote:Anyone know how the fuck to get rid of Bing as my Google Chrome default search engine. It sucks and is all about putting clicks/money back into Microsoft.

Thanks in advance!
If you go to settings there is a drop down menu to change your search engine.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

azgreg wrote:
wyo-cat wrote:Anyone know how the fuck to get rid of Bing as my Google Chrome default search engine. It sucks and is all about putting clicks/money back into Microsoft.

Thanks in advance!
I've done that. Even purged Bing from the list, but every time I search from the text bar, it comes up with Bing.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

I can type "google" into the task bar, and fucking Bing comes up before Google.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

wyo-cat wrote:
azgreg wrote:

Thanks in advance!
I've done that. Even purged Bing from the list, but every time I search from the text bar, it comes up with Bing.
Did you see this Wikihow?

https://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Bing-from-Chrome" target="_blank
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

I've literally deleted Bing from the list shown above, I'm at a loss.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

wyo-cat wrote:I've literally deleted Bing from the list shown above, I'm at a loss.
Did you try a big hammer?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Oh no!!!!

The kids went to bed at 9pm while you were out with your friends.

Oh no! We played LEGO’s then watched bbc 7worlds one planet and then followed up with a nick jr show while I got everyone ready in the family room. So much screen time!!!! Unacceptable to get dressed in the family room!!!!

Let’s forget that our kids never have screen time and I wanted to bond with them over animals and cartoons!

I guess our kids are on the road to ruin for my terrible parenting decisions!!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote:
wyo-cat wrote:I've literally deleted Bing from the list shown above, I'm at a loss.
Did you try a big hammer?
Sometimes throwing it works.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Idiots who reply all to emails when you tons of people on it.

The gym watering down their shampoo
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

CalStateTempe wrote:Idiots who reply all to emails when you tons of people on it.
When my sister was in her early 20s, management sent out an email to all employees that the first person to respond would get one ticket to the Dodgers home game that evening.

Using *reply all*, she responded, "What loser would want to go to a baseball game by himself?"

That's how her first post-college office job came to an end.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

:lol: thanks for sharing this, that’s funny
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Longhorned wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:Idiots who reply all to emails when you tons of people on it.
When my sister was in her early 20s, management sent out an email to all employees that the first person to respond would get one ticket to the Dodgers home game that evening.

Using *reply all*, she responded, "What loser would want to go to a baseball game by himself?"

That's how her first post-college office job came to an end.
But was she the 1st 1 to respond?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Lmao

Now idiots are replying all to the initial replies asking to be deleted from the thread!

I’ve never experienced such an email shit storm before, it’s fascinating how dumb people are!!!

Fucking idiots!
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Wow 1000 recipients!

Everything is going to hell! I love it!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

CalStateTempe wrote:Wow 1000 recipients!

Just wait until Janice in Accounting uses the thread to ask Stacey in Marketing if she brought her lunch today.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Chicat wrote:

Just wait until Janice in Accounting uses the thread to ask Stacey in Marketing if she brought her lunch today.

It’s heading that way! Now subjective titles are changing and the idiots are still replying all to the second round of replying all!
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

CalStateTempe wrote:
Chicat wrote:

It’s heading that way! Now subjective titles are changing and the idiots are still replying all to the second round of replying all!
That's happened a few times at my work and it's truly a thing of beauty to witness
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Today’s been a super annoying day in the office.

I’m looking at throw it all away and live off the grid type of day.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Thank you novel-coronavirus and racism for the mass hysteria management I have had to deal with today.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Anyone say “ope??” It’s a variant of sorry and excuse me. “Ope” and open the door for someone. “Ope” and a hand gesture to let someone through a crowd.

I saw it on Twitter and never thought about it. I’ve said it my entire life, growing up in Central IA, everyone said it and I’ve never thought about how it was spelled.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

wyo-cat wrote:Anyone say “ope??” It’s a variant of sorry and excuse me. “Ope” and open the door for someone. “Ope” and a hand gesture to let someone through a crowd.

I saw it on Twitter and never thought about it. I’ve said it my entire life, growing up in Central IA, everyone said it and I’ve never thought about how it was spelled.
“Ope, just gonna squeeze right past ya and grab the ranch.”

- Said at every midwestern gathering since ranch dressing was invented
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I always just assumed I learned that on Simpsons, along with "Doh!"

I'm wrong?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

What about "oof dah"? I've picked up that saying from my wife's Western Wisconsin family.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Power has gone out 3 times in the last half hour. We really have become a 3rd world country
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

CalStateTempe wrote:Lmao

Now idiots are replying all to the initial replies asking to be deleted from the thread!

I’ve never experienced such an email shit storm before, it’s fascinating how dumb people are!!!

Fucking idiots!
this is a once-monthly occurrence at my place of work, and I have seen it happen on an "all Operations" list of over 10,000 employees. It is a race to see who can get their Outlook to filter those out the quickest.

We also had someone quit his low level position at our very large corporation on a "reply all" to an email from our CEO...one of the only times I have seen a mass email from the CEO not have the send group hidden. The dude had lots of very pointed opinions about his job, his bosses, and our entire corporation, wasted no opportunity to drag everyone he could, and did not use a single curse word so it cleared the company filters and went to EVERYONE. That was a fun day.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

scumdevils86 wrote:What about "oof dah"? I've picked up that saying from my wife's Western Wisconsin family.
My Wisconsin roommate at U of A said "Cripes" a lot...For Cripes Sake.

My dad and his family grew up in Fargo (the movie cracked me up, but seemed more Minnesota than ND), and he had a slight accent but left at 18. His sister/my aunt, my favorite person in the world as a kid, used to say "Oh my garsh!" all the time. No "you betcha's" to be heard, but in the most Fargo tongue you could imagine..."OH MY GARSH!"

My roommate also, on one of the first days everyone met in the dorm, said he was going to go get a drink from the bubbler, then laughed at the kid who questioned him as to what the fuck that was, until others gathered and he started realizing his regional slang for a water fountain didn't work with AZ and CA kids
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I'm from Michigan and still say "cripes".

But have not said "pop" for "soda" in at least 30 years. How about a Faygo Red Pop?

Did take me a few years to stop saying "worsh" as in "I am going to worsh the car".
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Merkin wrote:I'm from Michigan and still say "cripes".

But have not said "pop" for "soda" in at least 30 years. How about a Faygo Red Pop?

Did take me a few years to stop saying "worsh" as in "I am going to worsh the car".
Thanks, I'll skip the Faygo Red. How about a Vernor's instead?
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I just got word they are “combining sales teams” at my job, but not to worry, “territories aren’t changing.”

Oh really? You’re going to have two people calling on the same clients and selling the same opportunities? GTFOH

I’m no longer going to be reporting to the person that hired me, but instead to a total asshole who can’t get my name right and boasts about how he loves to fire people.

Needless to say, I’ve spent my day looking for a new job.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Chicat wrote:I just got word they are “combining sales teams” at my job, but not to worry, “territories aren’t changing.”

Oh really? You’re going to have two people calling on the same clients and selling the same opportunities? GTFOH

I’m no longer going to be reporting to the person that hired me, but instead to a total asshole who can’t get my name right and boasts about how he loves to fire people.

Good luck Chi, fortunately for you, we have the greatest economy of all time so jobs should be easy to come by :roll:
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

84Cat wrote:
Chicat wrote:I just got word they are “combining sales teams” at my job, but not to worry, “territories aren’t changing.”

Good luck Chi, fortunately for you, we have the greatest economy of all time so jobs should be easy to come by :roll:
There are a lot of sales jobs out there fortunately.

Unfortunately I’d really like to get out of sales.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Good luck Chi.

How about developing your own consulting firm? Is that something that can be done in your field? Or can you leverage your experience to push the boundaries into a new direction with a different position?
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Its sad the some people will actually buy that garbage.

Close friend of mine worked for a company that moved its headquarters out of San Diego. But its fine, they said. The office will still be open, but they are allowing people above a certain level the option to move to they new city on the company dime, or..., work from home. Well, he decided to work from home. Six months later they offered him his severance. He knew it was coming, so planned accordingly, but others gleefully bough into the, "I get to work from home!" line. They are now stunned they need to find a new job.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

CalStateTempe wrote:Good luck Chi.

How about developing your own consulting firm? Is that something that can be done in your field? Or can you leverage your experience to push the boundaries into a new direction with a different position?
Because there are agencies of all stripes (media, creative, branding, public relations, etc) there are very few consultants in the marketing world. Every person who I’ve seen try to take that route is “looking for new opportunities” on LinkedIn within 18 months. Doesn’t sound fun.

I have wanted to get into charitable fundraising. It’s a tough gig, but if you believe in the cause it can obviously be incredibly rewarding.

I’m also a fan of the marijuana and alcohol industries, and think marketing those products is fascinating, but even though I’ve been in advertising for 15 years, I have very little actual marketing experience and would have to take a step back to break in.

I have options, but man is this shitty timing.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Chicat wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:Good luck Chi.

Because there are agencies of all stripes (media, creative, branding, public relations, etc) there are very few consultants in the marketing world. Every person who I’ve seen try to take that route is “looking for new opportunities” on LinkedIn within 18 months. Doesn’t sound fun.

I have wanted to get into charitable fundraising. It’s a tough gig, but if you believe in the cause it can obviously be incredibly rewarding.

I’m also a fan of the marijuana and alcohol industries, and think marketing those products is fascinating, but even though I’ve been in advertising for 15 years, I have very little actual marketing experience and would have to take a step back to break in.

I have options, but man is this shitty timing.
Ugh, man, really? Not that it's ever not the suckiest timing ever. But it's time for you to make even more money than you're making now while doing what you want to do. You've paid your dues. Someday, you'll laugh at this moment, blow your nose on it, and shove it your company's collective shorts. Fuck them.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

TucsonClip wrote:

Its sad the some people will actually buy that garbage.

Close friend of mine worked for a company that moved its headquarters out of San Diego. But its fine, they said. The office will still be open, but they are allowing people above a certain level the option to move to they new city on the company dime, or..., work from home. Well, he decided to work from home. Six months later they offered him his severance. He knew it was coming, so planned accordingly, but others gleefully bough into the, "I get to work from home!" line. They are now stunned they need to find a new job.
It's hard to imagine how youse guys deal with this kind of work world. It's like Cleese's abattoir sketch. I always thought my life as a solitary sole proprietor made me sort of retarded and unable, but if I had ever faced this kind of shit I'd be in a cell. The gig economy? Endless part-time positions? And people call the younger generations snowflakes. You fuckers are warriors. Respect.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I'm the highest paid employee at corporate to not get their own office (decreed by HR). An arbitrary line was drawn at my pay grade recently while planning corporate remodeling and I didn't make the cut. The odd thing is that there will be multiple vacant offices with no one to occupy them. But nope, I'll be moved out of my giant, semi private cube with a closing door to a tiny cube smushed together with people 5 pay grades below me.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

But do you know where your stapler is?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

The Cats probably won't do well this year. Trump's probably gonna be re-elected. Bill Self is probably eventually gonna coach my Spurs. I just wanna take a shit on the whole fucking planet.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

dovecanyoncat wrote:The Cats probably won't do well this year. Trump's probably gonna be re-elected. Bill Self is probably eventually gonna coach my Spurs. I just wanna take a shit on the whole fucking planet.
Everyone else is, shrug.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

dovecanyoncat wrote:The Cats probably won't do well this year. Trump's probably gonna be re-elected. Bill Self is probably eventually gonna coach my Spurs. I just wanna take a shit on the whole fucking planet.
So what's it going be? Epictetus or Camus? Maybe a little Spinoza mixed in? Or should we go full Lao Tzu?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Longhorned wrote:
So what's it going be? Epictetus or Camus? Maybe a little Spinoza mixed in? Or should we go full Lao Tzu?
Camus. Fornication but no newspapers.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Why don’t bars put the closed captioning on their TVs during the day?

6 TVs in front of me. All tuned into sports talk shows. Not one of them with the sound or closed captioning on.

Can everyone but me read lips? What the fuck...
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

The gym watering down their shampoo
Uh oh. Someone mistakenly cancelled yoga at the Corp office and now the Karen's are replying all in a tizzy to all Corp associates. Let it burn.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Lol. Karen’s and their top 40 light rock.

They all suck.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Proper fuck?

~ Wilhoit's Law
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Hey Family,

when we are coordinating dates for you to come visit for my daughters birthday and I specifically say not to come on this day and that day and to fly in on this day due to previous personal and professional obligations and I remind you of this over 3 separate phone calls to each of you, how about we not book the flights for the exact opposite of what I requested/you asked.

Just because I am your son/brother, doesn't mean you can just drop in whenever your single life schedule allows.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

CalStateTempe wrote:Hey Family,

when we are coordinating dates for you to come visit for my daughters birthday and I specifically say not to come on this day and that day and to fly in on this day due to previous personal and professional obligations and I remind you of this over 3 separate phone calls to each of you, how about we not book the flights for the exact opposite of what I requested/you asked.

Just because I am your son/brother, doesn't mean you can just drop in whenever your single life schedule allows.
On the same note, single people shouldn't have to schedule their entire lives and schedules around married people or people with kids. Goes both ways. If you have kids, your schedule isn't any more important than anyone else's, especially if they have previous personal or business obligations too. But in your case here your family members are definitely in the wrong by explicitly ignoring your suggestions.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.