The Definitive Source for News

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

PhatKat

The Definitive Source for News

Post by PhatKat »

There is no finer source of information on GoAzCats.com than right here. Who needs to visit those forums to keep up to date, the moment someone makes a post there, the content of that post is quickly reported on here by 2-3 posters, analyzed by another 5-7, and made fun of by at least twice that. Even PGU at its height never had the level of scrutiny and indepth reporting on all things GoAzCats that this forum does. Congrats to each of you that's made this lofty achievement possible. Keep up the great work!
Catintheheat

Re: The Definitive Source for News

Post by Catintheheat »

That is really funny. I think of ASU fans who always have a few active threads about the Cats.

But again all of us came from TOS. It's going to be natural to see what happens there. Plus reading 4Life's manifesto and his psychotic rantings is downright entertaining. He alone is pushing people away from the TOS free forums. He is a living natural disaster, and has about 1/2 the posts in that forum. Eventually things will settle down and TOS will only be amusing in the same sense as PGU.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Is something going on at TOS? I must have missed it.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Nothing is going on at TOS. DevilsLose startred a BS thread to try to whip up some anger, but nobody is there to take the bait.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

PhatKat wrote:There is no finer source of information on GoAzCats.com than right here. Who needs to visit those forums to keep up to date, the moment someone makes a post there, the content of that post is quickly reported on here by 2-3 posters, analyzed by another 5-7, and made fun of by at least twice that. Even PGU at its height never had the level of scrutiny and indepth reporting on all things GoAzCats that this forum does. Congrats to each of you that's made this lofty achievement possible. Keep up the great work!
Says the guy who comes to a board he dislikes and reads through its threads and analyzes them. Keep up the great work!
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Watch it he might threaten to beat you up!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

wyo-cat wrote:Watch it he might threaten to beat you up!
What do think I'm hoping for?

Board w/ upcoming fights > Board w/o upcoming fights
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

And where's my rep for getting throttled for everyone's entertainment value?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Longhorned wrote:And where's my rep for getting throttled for everyone's entertainment value?
Right here brother.

PhatKat

Post by PhatKat »

Longhorned wrote: Says the guy who comes to a board he dislikes and reads through its threads and analyzes them. Keep up the great work!
Who said I disliked these boards? I told you I was too lazy to move, not that I disliked them. And which threads did I analyze? Perhaps you meant all of these statements to be ironical or rhetorical rather than literal?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

PhatKat wrote:
Longhorned wrote: Says the guy who comes to a board he dislikes and reads through its threads and analyzes them. Keep up the great work!
Who said I disliked these boards? I told you I was too lazy to move, not that I disliked them. And which threads did I analyze? Perhaps you meant all of these statements to be ironical or rhetorical rather than literal?
Ironical: 27% (fully allocated to whiny ironical)
Rhetorical: 73%
Literal: 0%
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

(and don't get me all sentimental about another classic poster arrival)
salim'sheadband

Post by salim'sheadband »

Sup killervibe.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Still have some friends who prefer the PGU layout over this or what GOAZ was. But they only go to PGU for the recruiting videos not the forum interaction.

Any plans to get some sort of "video guy" for this site who will make trips to see recruits?
etank34

Post by etank34 »

PhatKat wrote:There is no finer source of information on GoAzCats.com than right here. Who needs to visit those forums to keep up to date, the moment someone makes a post there, the content of that post is quickly reported on here by 2-3 posters, analyzed by another 5-7, and made fun of by at least twice that. Even PGU at its height never had the level of scrutiny and indepth reporting on all things GoAzCats that this forum does. Congrats to each of you that's made this lofty achievement possible. Keep up the great work!

The fact that you came over here with your tail between your legs and decided to ridicule us more is hilarious. What happened? You realized no one was there to listen to your bitching anymore? :lol: :lol: :lol:
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

This. His "call your shot" thread was great saying we'd all come back and he'd ridicule us. Now he is here himself with his tail between his legs
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
PhatKat

Post by PhatKat »

@Salim - This is a well-known sock, you can stop posting that same thing over and over. Everyone gets it Captain Obvious.

@ASUHater - If the mountain will not come to Muhammad, then Muhammad must go to the mountain.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Jefe wrote:Still have some friends who prefer the PGU layout over this or what GOAZ was. But they only go to PGU for the recruiting videos not the forum interaction.

Any plans to get some sort of "video guy" for this site who will make trips to see recruits?
I can't see a scenario where this site actually engages in journalism. If anything it will be an aggregator that links to prospect videos, articles, and so forth on other sites.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PhatKat wrote:@Salim - This is a well-known sock, you can stop posting that same thing over and over. Everyone gets it Captain Obvious.
I thought the Captain Obvious sock was PieceOfMeat.
salim'sheadband

PhatKat wrote:@Salim - This is a well-known sock, you can stop posting that same thing over and over. Everyone gets it Captain Obvious.

@ASUHater - If the mountain will not come to Muhammad, then Muhammad must go to the mountain.
I was just saying hi, don't be mad.

Also this is a grown-up website so you can actually type "shit" instead of "sheit".
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Chicat wrote:
Jefe wrote:Still have some friends who prefer the PGU layout over this or what GOAZ was. But they only go to PGU for the recruiting videos not the forum interaction.

I can't see a scenario where this site actually engages in journalism. If anything it will be an aggregator that links to prospect videos, articles, and so forth on other sites.
What? Nobody's interested in buying me a camera and a mic and a girl with big hair, and paying for our plane tickets and hotels and room service?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:

Is this advocating internet piracy, basing ourselves on Napster and partying like it is 1999?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Yes on partying like its 1999, but no on the rest.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Chicat wrote:

This. We will be a hub, link to articles, videos, tease national content/twitter, but at most the only journalism will blog-style articles written by users, assuming this holds interest for us users.

So long as links send users to the original hosting sites for their content hit statistics, not sure why anyone would have a problem.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

KCF is a really good video guy for highlight videos and the like.
PhatKat

Post by PhatKat »

More great work by the investigative team reporting on the latest GoAzCats Admin post and then providing some solid analysis and opinion pieces. I especially appreciate ASUHater's efforts as he continues to display epic levels of butt hurt and vitriol. I'm looking forward to reading more on everyone's personal experiences of betrayl by those evil fiends.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

PhatKat wrote:More great work by the investigative team reporting on the latest GoAzCats Admin post and then providing some solid analysis and opinion pieces. I especially appreciate ASUHater's efforts as he continues to display epic levels of butt hurt and vitriol. I'm looking forward to reading more on everyone's personal experiences of betrayl by those evil fiends.
Are you going to "call your shot" and stay here or are you going to go back to that echo chamber so we can ridicule you?

Stealing from a famous killervibe thread...

PhatKat

Post by PhatKat »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

What butthurt? I'm happy and excited to be here where something new is being made. You're very upset though

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

JMarkJohns wrote: This. We will be a hub, link to articles, videos, tease national content/twitter, but at most the only journalism will blog-style articles written by users, assuming this holds interest for us users.

So long as links send users to the original hosting sites for their content hit statistics, not sure why anyone would have a problem.
Can I expect the glorious "Farva aka TheCatMan" blogs that were as entertaining as 4Life's posts?
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
salim'sheadband

killervibe's sure posting a lot for a guy who's in Las Vegas right now.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

salim'sheadband wrote:killervibe's sure posting a lot for a guy who's in Las Vegas right now.
Is he on the strip or downtown with Machina?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
PhatKat

Post by PhatKat »

Your continued attention is flattering. I'm at the Venetian for HP Discover if you want to connect today or tomorrow. My last session ends today at 4:45 and I'm probably going to skip most of tomorrow's sessions since I fly out at 5:30 and want to spend some time at the pool. Let me know if you're around. I'm happy to curb stomp you.. or let you buy me a beer. Or both. Let me know. If I can figure out how to make the PM functionality work on this I'll send you my mobile so you can text me.

Edit: Just sent you my mobile number.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Going to be hard to beat up that many people when you're stuck to the 130-degree Venetian concrete.
etank34

Post by etank34 »

PhatKat wrote:Your continued attention is flattering. I'm at the Venetian for HP Discover if you want to connect today or tomorrow. My last session ends today at 4:45 and I'm probably going to skip most of tomorrow's sessions since I fly out at 5:30 and want to spend some time at the pool. Let me know if you're around. I'm happy to curb stomp you.. or let you buy me a beer. Or both. Let me know. If I can figure out how to make the PM functionality work on this I'll send you my mobile so you can text me.

Shut up, bitch.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Wait, so now we have access to KV's phone number?

8-)
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

We need a sticky with a list of new names that can identify posters from the TOS. Does PhatKat = kv?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

84Cat wrote:We need a sticky with a list of new names that can identify posters from the TOS. Does PhatKat = kv?
Yes. That was his ironic sock on TOS as well.
salim'sheadband

PhatKat wrote:Your continued attention is flattering. I'm at the Venetian for HP Discover if you want to connect today or tomorrow. My last session ends today at 4:45 and I'm probably going to skip most of tomorrow's sessions since I fly out at 5:30 and want to spend some time at the pool. Let me know if you're around. I'm happy to curb stomp you.. or let you buy me a beer. Or both. Let me know. If I can figure out how to make the PM functionality work on this I'll send you my mobile so you can text me.

Happy to meet up and have lunch with you tomorrow. Sent you a PM.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I think we made a love connection
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

84Cat wrote:We need a sticky with a list of new names that can identify posters from the TOS. Does PhatKat = kv?
I thought I hid it pretty well, but I'm azgreg on TOS.
etank34

Post by etank34 »

I still think it's hilarious that he called out everyone on TOS, was ignored, and then came over here to talk more shit. What a joke.
PhatKat

Post by PhatKat »

etank34 wrote:I still think it's hilarious that he called out everyone on TOS, was ignored, and then came over here to talk more shit. What a joke.
There's still time for my prediction to see itself through. Without any content feeding this community in the way GoAzCats did, there will be very few new users joining. If there's one thing I know for certain from my 12 years at GoAzCats site, people come and go. You can count on roughly 25% or more of the current posters on these new forums no longer actively posting this time next year.

That's not to say smart people can't find a way to evolve this discussion group into something more but its unlikely. I do expect that GoAzCats will still be around and functioning for years to come but I don't have the same expectation for this site. I hope you guys prove me wrong.

That said, I'd follow you anywhere on the internet to make fun of you. And I was hardly ignored, just do an forum search for killervibe and you'll find 18 posts devoted to me during the first few days. I definitely wasn't ignored. By the way.. who are you? That's what I thought.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

salim'sheadband wrote:

Happy to meet up and have lunch with you tomorrow. Sent you a PM.
You sure you're up for this, SH? How you gonna maintain your composure if Garry Shandling sits down in front of you and orders a salad? Posters could be anybody. What if KV is Bill Walton?
etank34

Post by etank34 »

PhatKat wrote:
etank34 wrote:I still think it's hilarious that he called out everyone on TOS, was ignored, and then came over here to talk more shit. What a joke.
There's still time for my prediction to see itself through. Without any content feeding this community in the way GoAzCats did, there will be very few new users joining. If there's one thing I know for certain from my 12 years at GoAzCats site, people come and go. You can count on roughly 25% or more of the current posters on these new forums no longer actively posting this time next year.

That's not to say smart people can't find a way to evolve this discussion group into something more but its unlikely. I do expect that GoAzCats will still be around and functioning for years to come but I don't have the same expectation for this site. I hope you guys prove me wrong.

That said, I'd follow you anywhere on the internet to make fun of you. And I was hardly ignored, just do an forum search for killervibe and you'll find 18 posts devoted to me during the first few days. I definitely wasn't ignored. By the way.. who are you? That's what I thought.
I'm etank34! Sorry, I actually go on Arizona message boards to usually talk about Arizona athletics. Not to call people out to fight in real life. I'm an adult.
salim'sheadband

Like I said before, there's not going to be any fighting or any silliness and there never was. Just talk. I'm looking forward to it.
PhatKat

Post by PhatKat »

etank34 wrote:I'm etank34!
Who? I'd never heard of you before this post. But now, every time I think about you (until I forget about you in 5 minutes) this will what I'll imagine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSr1VOuVwbg
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

salim'sheadband wrote:Like I said before, there's not going to be any fighting or any silliness and there never was. Just talk. I'm looking forward to it.
Just talk can be pretty bad. Maybe you haven't had my luck with the guy in seat 22B. Face a TV.
etank34

Post by etank34 »

PhatKat wrote:
etank34 wrote:I'm etank34!
Who? I'd never heard of you before this post. But now, every time I think about you (until I forget about you in 5 minutes) this will what I'll imagine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSr1VOuVwbg
Sorry, couldn't see your video (apparently you're too stupid to properly embed a YouTube clip). And the only reason anyone knows who you are is because you're the idiot who calls people out to fight at tailgates and whatnot. I think I'll pass on that form of distinguished Internet popularity though because, again, I'm an adult.

You keep on keeping on though, it's certainly entertaining to laugh at you.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Fuck!

Just realized I'm all out of popcorn. BRB