Venting Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UAEebs86

Re: Venting Thread

Post by UAEebs86 »

azgreg wrote:
Alieberman wrote:
OriginalAZ wrote:
Alieberman wrote:Fuck You Cox Internet!!!!!

Do I have any other choices for high speed?

4 outages in 3 weeks...
I had Cox Gigablast at my old house paying $120/month but just got Century Link fiber Gigabit for $65/month at my new house. So far so good. I am getting around 900 mbps download speed over Wifi. I did have some very brief outages today only but for a couple minutes.
I don't think a lot of neighborhoods have it available though. A friend of mine contacted CenturyLink for internet at his new house and they said the top speed he could get is 1.5 mbps.
I wish I could get Century link but it looks like cox is the only thing available in my neighborhood.

It sucks
If you can't get fiber Century Link sucks.

I had 40Mbps CenturyLink in Tucson and 80Mbps here in Denver. Cheaper than Cox and more reliable.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I get fast speeds w/ cox (often over 200 mbps) but it is expensive and it goes out like every week.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Melbourne Australia
ISP retailer: Optus
ISP wholesaler: National Broadband Network
Landline telephone, Fetch 'cable' TV service, 120gig/month (effectively unlimited)
$80Aud/month - about $56US

Average Download: 45-50mbps
Average Upload: 18-20mbps

No reason why you folks in the USA shouldn't get the same kind of service.

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/2 ... 0d6e8846c8
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Aaaand my Comcast has been down since 445 and I can't finish work on a big project I need to do asap.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Comcast has shit out twice since my last post. Yesterday and today. Have to use my phone as a hotspot to work at all.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Someone broke into my car last night and stole my stereo. Assholes.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

It got down to 19 last night and we woke up to our heater not working. Welcome to winter in the cold country
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

84Cat wrote:It got down to 19 last night and we woke up to our heater not working. Welcome to winter in the cold country

That sucks. It's only 9 degrees here but our condo is so well insulated we haven't even had to turn the heat on yet.
-JB
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

UAEebs86 wrote:
84Cat wrote:It got down to 19 last night and we woke up to our heater not working. Welcome to winter in the cold country

That sucks. It's only 9 degrees here but our condo is so well insulated we haven't even had to turn the heat on yet.
Damn, our place could use more insulation and new windows for sure. It only 60 degrees inside which isn't too bad but for this skinny desert rat that's a little cold.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Was off work all last week. The first day back always feels like punishment with the work that's built up when I'm gone. Sometimes it's so bad it almost makes taking time off not worth it.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

scumdevils86 wrote:Was off work all last week. The first day back always feels like punishment with the work that's built up when I'm gone. Sometimes it's so bad it almost makes taking time off not worth it.
Same here every time I take PTO. My staff is incompetent too whether I am there or not.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

It’s always the sharks you don’t see that get you...

Burned a ton of political capital for nothing...oh well.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I am about to fucking lose my shit.

My wife had an enormous blowout fight with her father after he abandoned her mother 300 miles away while her brother was dying. My wife told him she wants nothing to do with him, that he's not allowed to see his grandchildren, and that the next time they talk will be with a therapist involved. She then blocked him on her phone so he couldn't continue to communicate with her.

Her mom runs back to him of course and pretends like nothing happened. They've fought a few times since and she's come running to us each time. She needs to fucking leave him. But instead she gives him the go ahead to buy an enormous turkey for Thanksgiving that apparently we are supposed to host. Their excuse for making this enormous decision for us? Well, he couldn't communicate with her and the turkeys were on sale or some such bullshit.

No one will actually stand up to him. They just let him pretend like he's not an abusive asshole. And now my wife feels guilty and is hinting that she'll say yes to hosting Thanksgiving with the fascist prick.

I'm not going to fucking do it. I don't care. I'd rather drive around by myself for four hours than spend one fucking second in that asshole Trumpistani's presence.

I know my wife doesn't want her mother to have to be alone with him and that's why she's caving but what the actual fuck?!?!? HE FUCKING ABANDONED HER MOTHER AND EVERYONE IS JUST GOING TO PRETEND IT'S BECAUSE ..... WHAT? HE'S QUIRKY???

To top it all off, I haven't seen my mother since March 1st through no fault of anyone except these anti-mask, anti-science, pro-Trump fuckfaces who think a disease that's killed 250,000 Americans.

I can't fucking take it. These people are insane. Stupid midwestern values of never actually admitting that some people are shitty and need to be better and that there are consequences if they don't.

How am I supposed to explain to my kids that I'm not going to be with their family on Thanksgiving because their grandfather is an abusive prick? And why should I have to be the only one who acknowledges that fact??

I want to just start punching walls.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

That sucks Chi. We've got crazy Trumpers in my wife's family too but thankfully no COVID deniers.

Her sister has been in a perpetual state of trying to leave and divorce her white trash Trumpistani husband so we can relate with you there.
-JB
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Chi, that does sound fucking awful.

I have no advice to offer other than to always remember it's not your wife's fault. Don't let this asshole ruin the best parts of your life.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

My sister lives near us and already told me that if he was coming that they would skip Thanksgiving.

So it might be just me, her, and my niece. It would pain me, but not as much as having that asshole at my table.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

I had a very similar experience, but it did not involve having kids as potential collateral victims. My move proved to be successful, but it could have easily been disastrous. My wife's father pulled a similar move, and my wife responded as Femcat did. Then, as in your case, the softening period that ensued, and the redemptive forgiveness that women have, combined to threaten to perpetuate the bullying and injustice of it all. I choose to take the matter out of my wife's hands, something I probably had no right to do given that the matter was confined to her family, but I called the FIL and banned the "resolution get-together" from taking place in our house and said I wouldn't attend any gathering elsewhere. If my wife had insisted on going to see her parents it would have been her absolute right and I would have supported her decision, but I chose to circle the wagons around what was mine and told the asshole FIL to pound sand. My wife was angry but she couldn't hide the profound relief on her face. The whole thing just blew over and eventually dissipated. I probably just got lucky.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I’ve thought about going that route. I’d love to tell him exactly what everyone else has avoided.

As you noted, the difference is my kids. I don’t want to take their grandfather out of their life, especially since my dad died long before they were born and they very well could get the idea that it was my issue which kept them from seeing him.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

To the asshole that keyed my car, sitting alone I. The far end of the parking lot, fuck you.

I’m sorry your life is so miserable that you’ve got to take it out on someone else’s material possession.

See I can fix my car but you’ll still be a miserable person who deserves every ounce of shit life dishes out at you.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Just when LA was starting to grow on me...
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

I'm surrounded by old friends and acquaintances that are hard core Trumpers and hold it against me for not supporting a petulant, pathetic, serial lying, science denying,, piece of shit who disrespected our veterans and POWs and said NOTHING about Putin after being briefed that Putin put bounties on our soldiers heads. These fucking ignorant assholes piss me off.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

WE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYING BASKETBALL TODAY!!! BUT NOOOOOO! 2020 should just chew off its ankle bracelet tracking devise and get the fuck out of our lives!
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Went into two grocery stores today. If I didn't have Covid before I do know. Jesus Christ!
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

azgreg wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:06 pm Went into two grocery stores today. If I didn't have Covid before I do know. Jesus Christ!
I went at 6 am this morning. Sure glad I did. The parking lot on my way home was packed.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Ugh I had to go at noon today and it actually was not awful
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Staples at the top right hand corner of a document as opposed to the top left hand corner of a document annoys the shit out of me.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Only a psychopath would do that.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

I hate it when the toilet paper doesn't tear cleanly.

~ Wilhoit's Law
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Fuck old plumbing that breaks. Fuck not finding out about it until the water bill comes. Fuck finding where we think it *might* be outside. Fuck having to wait nearly 48 hours for the plumber to come look at it. Fuck not knowing how much, if any, of the repair might be covered by an insurance policy.

Fuck having broken teeth and no money to fix them, too.

Fuck this pandemic.

Fuck so much more but I'm too tired to list it all.

Fuck being tired.

Just....fuck.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

That fucking sucks.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Sweet all my non patient facing admin staff are getting their vaccines today but non of us docs including one who is high risk has received the email informing us of theirs.

But hey we care about physician wellness so heres a yoga class.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

2020 just had to get 1 more Fuck You in.

I just spent the wee hours of the night in the ER with some extreme abdominal pains... and I've got a fucking kidney stone.

FUCK 2020
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

That sucks Ari.

Get some good meds.
-JB
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Alieberman wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:56 am 2020 just had to get 1 more Fuck You in.

I just spent the wee hours of the night in the ER with some extreme abdominal pains... and I've got a fucking kidney stone.

FUCK 2020
I have annual cystoscopy. It really sucks but I wouldn't trade it for a fucking kidney stone. Good luck Ari.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

One last kick in the dick. Sorry to hear that Ari.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Alieberman wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:56 am 2020 just had to get 1 more Fuck You in.

FUCK 2020

My old boss said that when she had kidney stones, she found it to be much more painful that childbirth.

So something you can bring up to your wife when she tells you to shut up.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Merkin wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:32 am

FUCK 2020

My old boss said that when she had kidney stones, she found it to be much more painful that childbirth.

So something you can bring up to your wife when she tells you to shut up.
This. I had a run of kidney stones a little while back and it was the worst. They had to operate and put in a stint.
Thank god for morphine.

My urologist once told me he has saw someone pull a sink out of a wall due to the pain.
Phylek

Post by Phylek »

I had about a 5 year period where I passed about 30 kidney stones. The first one was excruciating, 10 mm Had to go to the hospital and have surgery to remove it. Doctor told me my kidneys were full and they worked be little time bombs for the next several years. After that one I recognized it as soon as it hit (it's a very unique pain) and would drink water and cranberry juice like crazy to push them through. The last one, Fall 2017, was the worst, 12mm. Tried to force it through, ended up in the hospital again. Had to have surgery again. Afterward the doctor told me my kidneys were cleared.

Edit: forgot to add that I on the second one, because I was trying to force the thing through my kidney expanded like a balloon and almost exploded. That's why I went to the hospital. We could visually see that my side had swelled out. I had to have two surgeries. The first to release fluid from they kidney, then a second for the stone itself. I didn't a week in the hospital. Apparently it was really close to disastrous.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I’m forever reminded of Deadwood when this conversation comes up.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

10 and 12 Phylec? Holy shit. Mine is a 4mm and I’m scared to death about passing it
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Chicat wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:40 pm I’m forever reminded of Deadwood when this conversation comes up.
Been watching that for the last month or two... :shock:
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

I'm sorry Ari, get well soon.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Get better Ari.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

scumdevils86 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:19 pm
Chicat wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:40 pm I’m forever reminded of Deadwood when this conversation comes up.
When my wife and I can't retrieve the name of something we default to a Calamity Jane vulgarism:

Honey, what was the name of that book you wanted me to get?

Um, uh, it was ..... Fuck yourself cocksucker!?

Right, that one.

~ Wilhoit's Law
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:25 pm
scumdevils86 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:19 pm
When my wife and I can't retrieve the name of something we default to a Calamity Jane vulgarism:

Honey, what was the name of that book you wanted me to get?

Um, uh, it was ..... Fuck yourself cocksucker!?

Right, that one.
Can be combative.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

CalStateTempe wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:43 am Sweet all my non patient facing admin staff are getting their vaccines today but non of us docs including one who is high risk has received the email informing us of theirs.

This is completely infuriating and outrageous. Thanks for serving your fellow citizens Calstate.

On another note, can kidney stones be prevented by regular doses of cranberry juice?
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

FUCK 2020
Fuck 2020 and FUCK kidney stones.

I hope yours pass without too much of an issue. Mine were awful. I've obviously no clue what childbirth feels like, but I've had many an injury in my life(some rather severe) and I would rather reexperience those than another kidney stone.
I never, never fucking ever, want to experience kidney stones again.

Oh and Phylek, my word man, my kidneys ache for you.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Phylek

Post by Phylek »

Carcassdragger wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:51 am
CalStateTempe wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:43 am Sweet all my non patient facing admin staff are getting their vaccines today but non of us docs including one who is high risk has received the email informing us of theirs.

This is completely infuriating and outrageous. Thanks for serving your fellow citizens Calstate.

On another note, can kidney stones be prevented by regular doses of cranberry juice?
Not a medical professional, but experience and medical consults have taught me that there are several different types of kidney stones caused by diet and/or genetics factors, so specifics of dealing with a person's kidney stones will vary. A urologist can have the stone tested and give you specifics However, I've found that limiting soda and staying well hydrated did the trick for me.

For me, I used cranberry juice to hopefully prevent infection as the stone tore through my system as it was be pushed through. Don't know if it helped, but I know it didn't hurt.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Thanks for all the horror story guys!

My pain while in the ER was the most painful thing I've ever experienced.... and I'm not nearly at the worst part. I'm kind of freaked out. I've been relatively pain free over the last 24 hours.... so I'm just playing the waiting game here. And no one seems to know exactly how long it will take to pass.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Criminy. Yea that's one thing I hope to never experience. Best of luck in getting that fucker out asap. I swing back and forth on my soda intake but I do also typically drink at least a gallon of water a day so I hope that'll prevent it for myself...