1290AM sports radio

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Irish27

1290AM sports radio

Post by Irish27 »

I noticed Kevin Woodman had been off for a few weeks and is back on. Now I read Greg Byrne's Wildcat Wednesday and he mentions a radiothon on 1290AM this Friday and Brian Jeffries and Mike Luke will be hosting, but no Kevin Woodman. Did Kevin say something that got him in trouble?

We’re trying out a new initiative this Friday with our first-ever radiothon on 1290 AM The Source, our flagship station here in Tucson. Brian Jeffries will be joined by Mike Luke from the Kevin & Mike Show from 3-6 p.m. to discuss everything that is going on around Arizona Athletics. We’ll have guest appearances from alumni letterwinners such as Channing Frye, Crissy Perham, John Fina and Jennie Finch along with a number of our department staff, coaches and student-athletes. If you aren’t in Tucson, you can still listen in through the station’s live stream by clicking HERE.

We’ve tried to look at new and different ways to share our story and increase our donor base and we think this radiothon is a nice addition to the initiatives we’ve been working on. I’ve written a lot about how important the support of our Wildcat Club members is to our overall success, so listen in on Friday, and if you aren’t already a Wildcat Club member, we hope you’ll consider coming on board. It should be a fun, informative three hours.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
scumdevils86

Re: 1290AM sports radio

Post by scumdevils86 »

He said on the show today he just took some time off and he is fine. Wasn't fired or dead or anything
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

scumdevils86 wrote:He said on the show today he just took some time off and he is fine. Wasn't fired or dead or anything
I wonder if he said something that got him suspended and he can't say anything?
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

What Kevin said that got him the time off was, "I'd like to go home for Thanksgiving and spend a week surfing."

It is not any more complicated than that.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

ANGCatFan wrote:What Kevin said that got him the time off was, "I'd like to go home for Thanksgiving and spend a week surfing."

It is not any more complicated than that.
He even called in one time so I sure that's basically it.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

That's unfortunate. I mean, I don't wish any ill will towards the guys...but I would love it if he got fired and was replaced with someone with, oh I don't know...a clue, or talent.

I wish Byrne would kill that contract with 1290 to be the official station of the Cats. The afternoon show sucks, the pre-game show is the suck, and the post-game show sucks.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

As opposed to what? 1490's show is unlistenable. As a show that is local and on almost every day, 1290's afternoon show is pretty decent.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Outside of their political views I can stand 1290. The guy on 1490 is unlistenable
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

It's a shame 1490 hasn't brought back Brad and Shu. I've always loved listening to them on game days.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

AZCatGirl wrote:It's a shame 1490 hasn't brought back Brad and Shu. I've always loved listening to them on game days.
Those are the only local guys worth listening to. Local radio is shit now without them.
phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

Agreed that Zach Clark isn't great, but the clowns on 1290 are unlistenable. And the pre-recorded, repeated multiple times pre-game show is god awful, and Howell and Eafon are god awful. Alieberman is right, the local radio is complete shit right now.
SandwichGuy

Post by SandwichGuy »

phenom5 wrote:Agreed that Zach Clark isn't great.
Every time I hear that fool say "What up Fam?" Im tempted to drive over there and beat the fucking shit outta him.
phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

Which is different from every time Woodman opens his mouth how?
Ih8assu

Post by Ih8assu »

SandwichGuy wrote:
phenom5 wrote:Agreed that Zach Clark isn't great.
Every time I hear that fool say "What up Fam?" Im tempted to drive over there and beat the fucking shit outta him.
THIS!!! Thought I was the only one......
"A year ago, the best perimeter player came to McKale, we gave him some milk and cookies, rubbed his belly & made sure he had wide open shots. If he missed, we'd even pass it back to him and see if he could break scoring records." S. Miller
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
UAEebs86

Re: 1490AM ESPN sports radio

Post by UAEebs86 »

Didn't want to start a separate thread for a different station - Zach Clark has been off 1490 AM in Tucson for a couple months (Thank God).

Justin Spears is taking over. He's a friend and ex-Cienega football teammate of my son.

Hoping Justin does well, he's a good guy, and I couldn't stand Z. Clark so happy to see him go.

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Haven't listened to the local radio guys in months now that I have a newer car with Sirius XM...glad I don't.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I listen to Kevin and Mike sometimes but they inevitably delve into politics and they are die hard Trump supporters so...
Irish27

Re: 1490AM ESPN sports radio

Post by Irish27 »

UAEebs86 wrote:Didn't want to start a separate thread for a different station - Zach Clark has been off 1490 AM in Tucson for a couple months (Thank God).

Justin Spears is taking over. He's a friend and ex-Cienega football teammate of my son.

Hoping Justin does well, he's a good guy, and I couldn't stand Z. Clark so happy to see him go.

Zach Clark was very condescending. Many times if he did not agree with the caller, he was right and the caller was wrong.