53%
5. Salma Hayek
47%

Total votes: 57

PieceOfMeat

Re: Hot/Not Elite 8: 4. Charlize Theron vs 5. Salma Hayek

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Theron is victorious!
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Did anybody besides me forget to change their intended vote back to Hayek before the deadline? If so, Charlize Theron won on a technicality. Still, scoreboard....
77HoyaCat4Ever

Post by 77HoyaCat4Ever »

My Final Four, in no particular order would have been

Salma Hayek
Charlize Theron
Raquel Welch
Jessica Alba

I love Theron; I think she is beautiful. For me, somehow, though, Hayek is just plain hotter. Hot means more than just beautiful.

Upton is just not in the same class as those four. Huge Boobs, cute face, legs are good to great, but the mid body is weird (not fat, but not sculpted either)
Reydituto

Post by Reydituto »

77HoyaCat4Ever wrote:My Final Four, in no particular order would have been

Salma Hayek
Charlize Theron
Raquel Welch
Jessica Alba

I love Theron; I think she is beautiful. For me, somehow, though, Hayek is just plain hotter. Hot means more than just beautiful.

Upton is just not in the same class as those four. Huge Boobs, cute face, legs are good to great, but the mid body is weird (not fat, but not sculpted either)
Hayek is overrated, precisely because her personality (from what I know) sucks (which goes to the "Hot means more than just beautiful"), and her body, by the same measure as you use with Upton, can be "weird" as well.

Theron for me was hotter, not only for what I said above, but because I value her height, her photogenic elegance and her personality far more than Hayek's assets.

At least you have elucidated a rational analysis of Upton's body that explains some of the discord. To me, her whole is greater than the sum of the parts.
But in my book, you gotta get to White Castle before the weirdos show up!
Tonight he gets Happy-Go-Jackie on the big white guy like a donkey eating a waffle!
Sweet Sassy Molassey, get out the checkbook and pay Grandma for the rubdown!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:Theron is victorious!
And all is right with the world...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
gumby

Post by gumby »

Reydituto wrote:

Salma Hayek
Charlize Theron
Raquel Welch
Jessica Alba

Hayek is overrated, precisely because her personality (from what I know) sucks (which goes to the "Hot means more than just beautiful"), and her body, by the same measure as you use with Upton, can be "weird" as well.

Theron for me was hotter, not only for what I said above, but because I value her height, her photogenic elegance and her personality far more than Hayek's assets.

At least you have elucidated a rational analysis of Upton's body that explains some of the discord. To me, her whole is greater than the sum of the parts.
You can't teach height, but Hayek could take it to the rack.

As for Upton's whole, it is an empty void, which is the worst kind of void. Just can't get past her black hole, er whole.

This hole, er, whole process has been fascinating. Never thought of Theron as a great beauty, though she is beautiful. More of a surprising beauty, like when she gets nekkId in "Cider House Rules," and I'm like, is that the same person, because she's hot!

But obviously she is obviously hot. So now I will stare at her forever. Plus, she isn't vacuous like Ms. Upton. As for my vote, I rode The Road to Boobdom -- Hayek. So can't say I'm anti-mammary.
Right where I want to be.
Reydituto

Post by Reydituto »

gumby wrote:
Reydituto wrote:

Salma Hayek
Charlize Theron
Raquel Welch
Jessica Alba

You can't teach height, but Hayek could take it to the rack.

As for Upton's whole, it is an empty void, which is the worst kind of void. Just can't get past her black hole, er whole.

This hole, er, whole process has been fascinating. Never thought of Theron as a great beauty, though she is beautiful. More of a surprising beauty, like when she gets nekkId in "Cider House Rules," and I'm like, is that the same person, because she's hot!

But obviously she is obviously hot. So now I will stare at her forever. Plus, she isn't vacuous like Ms. Upton. As for my vote, I rode The Road to Boobdom -- Hayek. So can't say I'm anti-mammary.
You had fun writing that ...
Tonight he gets Happy-Go-Jackie on the big white guy like a donkey eating a waffle!
77HoyaCat4Ever

Post by 77HoyaCat4Ever »

Gumby:

Thanks for the mammaries . . .
gumby

Post by gumby »

Has titular potential. I'll consider that.
Right where I want to be.
77HoyaCat4Ever

Post by 77HoyaCat4Ever »

One thing about this poll . . .

It's been areola.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Hmmmm... maybe I should change my vote...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/3 ... mg00000067

;)
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat wrote:Hmmmm... maybe I should change my vote...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/3 ... mg00000067

;)
Note Hayek is over twice the age of Upton.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

Yeah, you gotta be kidding me Chi. She STILL LOOKS GOOD in those pics that are supposed to be unflattering. At 48. The top 4 sans maybe CT will all look worse at that age. Book it.
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

The fact Theron is banging Sean Penn and probably going to marry him should've pushed a lot of your votes towards Ms Hayek. This is a travesty wrapped in catastrophe housed in a national disaster of Katrina proportions.

You people should be ashamed.
Reydituto

Post by Reydituto »

The Butcher wrote:The fact Theron is banging Sean Penn and probably going to marry him should've pushed a lot of your votes towards Ms Hayek. This is a travesty wrapped in catastrophe housed in a national disaster of Katrina proportions.

You people should be ashamed.
No.

If we discounted every Hot women for her poor taste in men, we'd be voting on Lena Dunham vs. Joan Cusack in the Final Four. No thank you.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

With all due respect, this should've been the final.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Puerco wrote:With all due respect, this should've been the final.
Can't critique the process when we the people voted them 4/5. It wasn't arbitrary. I advocated for that, with the top-seed always facing lowest advancing to mix up brackets, but the standard bracket was requested for the early tough matchups and upset factors.

This was 1.4 vs 2.1 matchup. I agree it sucked it was this early, but it followed the bracket as determined by our voting percentages.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I know. Just sayin'.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy