Salty

Re: The Weather is Crazy

Post by Salty »

ASUHATER! wrote:By 72 you mean 78
By 72, I mean 72.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

If it's not going to rain might as well be very nice.

catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

The last dream I have in this life--besides sex with Sofia Vergara, which is well-nigh unattainable now--is to inherit Merkin's weather.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

The Seahawks, Ducks, and Beavers can take their weather home any time now.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
cats101

Post by cats101 »

This rain just won't let up.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Send it over here to CA. Sunny and 71, but very very dry.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Been raining for like 30 hours straight in Tucson
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

We're (supposedly) getting a blizzard starting in the next couple of hours that will end around Monday morning. Guess we're not going to that Super Bowl party.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Looks like the weathermen got this one right. We are on our way to 12-18" of snow. And if the lake effect kicks in I could see another 6-12" on top of that. The kids are gonna love it.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

Chicat wrote:Looks like the weathermen got this one right. We are on our way to 12-18" of snow. And if the lake effect kicks in I could see another 6-12" on top of that. The kids are gonna love it.
That will close school for most, if not all, next week.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Officially a blizzard now. Have about 10" on the ground now and hours of snowfall still to go. Glad I don't have to go anywhere.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Valpo webcam: Image
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

Chicat wrote:Officially a blizzard now. Have about 10" on the ground now and hours of snowfall still to go. Glad I don't have to go anywhere.
I just miss northern Indiana so much and the lakeside snow effect. ;)
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Had some fog in the valley this morning. This is the practice range at the Phoenix Open.

Salty

Post by Salty »

Left Tucson rainy and foggy... Arrived in San Francisco to warm and sunny weather.

Strange.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Merkin wrote:Valpo webcam: Image
Looks about the same right now.

Officially got 20", but the lake effect has kicked in and it's still snowing. If it lasts through the day we might clock in at 2ft before it's all said and done.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I have a lot of relatives in the Ft. Wayne area. One of my aunts posted this on FB:

Sun is out following yesterday's 12" snow: 6 more weeks of winter: Groundhog Day!

One of my brothers in Tucson snapped this yesterday coming back from Catalina:

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

While the west is going to hit 80 today I was looking at home home state's weather:

http://www.mlive.com/weather/index.ssf/ ... most-read_

Two arctic blasts of air are slated to hit Michigan this week. The air could be cold enough to break some record low temperatures for this time in February.

The first batch of bitterly cold arctic air will move in Thursday, and make for a very cold Friday morning across all of Michigan. All of the data I look at is very consistent in forecasting low temperatures Friday morning to drop below zero. Most of the inland areas of Lower Michigan should drop to five to 10 below zero. A straight north wind is expected Thursday night, meaning even the Lakeshore areas in West Michigan won't get much of a warming help from wind off Lake Michigan. The shoreline areas may hover just above zero.

There will be a stiff wind with both arctic outbreaks also. So the wind chill Friday morning should drop to between 15 and 30 degrees below zero.

The second blast of cold looks five degrees colder than the Thursday-Friday blast of cold. The second blast comes in behind another vigorous Alberta Clipper type snow system Saturday.

So Sunday could be a very cold day in all of Michigan. I'm not talking just your ordinary cold Michigan winter day. I'm talking low temperatures of 10 to 20 below zero with wind chills of 30 to 40 below.

Record low temperatures late in the week vary between seven and 15 degrees below zero. Some record low temperatures will likely be broken.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Going to be pushing 90 in Phoenix when I'm there this weekend

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

We are getting absolutely blasted by lake effect snow right now.

The wind is just pushing that freight train of snow right into my fucking face at about 40 mph.

Salty

Post by Salty »

The wind in Tucson is out of control
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Gonna be a modern record low (I think) in DC tmrw and Friday...-5 without windchill, down to -23 with the windchill. Electric and gas bill won't be pretty. This weather sucks.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

pokinmik wrote:Gonna be a modern record low (I think) in DC tmrw and Friday...-5 without windchill, down to -23 with the windchill. Electric and gas bill won't be pretty. This weather sucks.
glad I'm heading to DC next Wednesday instead of today
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

It was almost 20 degrees colder in Chicago than in North Pole, Alaska (-8 vs +10) this morning.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I've never seen frozen ocean before, eerie.

the real dill

Post by the real dill »

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

I wish it were colder
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Weather is great in DC. Mostly cloudy, 32 degrees, good amount of snow and ice on the ground. Walked to the grocery store to pick up some supplies for the weekend.
Salty

Post by Salty »

scumdevils86 wrote:Weather is great in DC. Mostly cloudy, 32 degrees, good amount of snow and ice on the ground. Walked to the grocery store to pick up some supplies for the weekend.
In what seventh circle of hell is that nice weather?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Salty wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:Weather is great in DC. Mostly cloudy, 32 degrees, good amount of snow and ice on the ground. Walked to the grocery store to pick up some supplies for the weekend.
Anywhere in the Upper Midwest or Northeast. You know, for like 170 million people or so...
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PieceOfMeat wrote:I wish it were colder
Which is something I have said, never.
Salty

Post by Salty »

Chicat wrote:
Salty wrote:
Anywhere in the Upper Midwest or Northeast. You know, for like 170 million people or so...
That is awful
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I was always concerned that houses in Arizona need it to get cold enough at some point in winter to achieve a "cool core" going into the following summer of hell. Otherwise, a house risks carrying a kernel of warmth from one summer to the next, which threatens to make your crotch rot.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Man was not intended to live in a climate where he has to use a shovel to exit his front door.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote:Man was not intended to live in a climate where he has to use a shovel to exit his front door.
Man is the most adaptable animal the world has ever known. He invented the shovel. As well as the snowplow, road salt, central heat, air conditioning, sun shades, and SPF 9,000,000,000. We're clever little creatures, aren't we?
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Longhorned wrote:I was always concerned that houses in Arizona need it to get cold enough at some point in winter to achieve a "cool core" going into the following summer of hell. Otherwise, a house risks carrying a kernel of warmth from one summer to the next, which threatens to make your crotch rot.
I'll take my 100 degree summers over the nonsense happening in the Midwest and Northeast right now. If it's 32 out, I'm working from home. Too cold to brave the elements at that point.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

the real dill wrote:
Longhorned wrote:I was always concerned that houses in Arizona need it to get cold enough at some point in winter to achieve a "cool core" going into the following summer of hell. Otherwise, a house risks carrying a kernel of warmth from one summer to the next, which threatens to make your crotch rot.
I'll take my 100 degree summers over the nonsense happening in the Midwest and Northeast right now. If it's 32 out, I'm working from home. Too cold to brave the elements at that point.
Dill, I'm not sure where you live in Texas, but didn't the weather suck a goat's ballsack this week?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I'd much rather be too hot in the summer than too cold in the winter. That being said I can't wait to build my house up in Concho.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Chicat wrote:
the real dill wrote:
Dill, I'm not sure where you live in Texas, but didn't the weather suck a goat's ballsack this week?
Dallas got hammered with an ice storm followed by snow. In Houston, we've had rain and lows around 34 like every night this week which sucks. Our Dallas office was closed every day this week since Tuesday. Our weather sucks in August when it's 102 with 80% humidity. It's worse than 110 in a dry climate place like west Texas or Arizona. You sweat walking from your front door to your car in the driveway.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

houston is more like 92 with humidity, not 102. with that said i have no idea why anyone lives in that hell hole swamp

Salty

Post by Salty »

ASUHATER! wrote:houston is more like 92 with humidity, not 102. with that said i have no idea why anyone lives in that hell hole swamp
Yes, you would know more about Houston weather than the guy who actually lives there.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

average high in houston never gets above about 93/94. less than 100 days a year of 90+ temperatures. so yes, it can be 102 there in the summer, but it will just as often be 85.

try to keep up saltsters.

Salty

Post by Salty »

ASUHATER! wrote:average high in houston never gets above about 93/94. less than 100 days a year of 90+ temperatures. so yes, it can be 102 there in the summer, but it will just as often be 85.

try to keep up saltsters.
In some areas, perhaps.

In other part of the city, it very well can exceed 100 degree. Houston is a very large area.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Pretty funny that the guy begging me yesterday to "let it go" is picking fights over the weather.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

the real dill wrote:
Some places get you both. Hot summer days where I live (Champaign, IL) feel worse than hot summer days in Tucson. It's just that I really like freezing cold temperatures, sub-zero temperatures, and tons of snow.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »