Guys

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

mytwocents

Re: Guys

Post by mytwocents »

PieceOfMeat wrote:so what'd the guy do to you MTC?
The truth? No bullshit no fluff?

Didn't make or want to make time to see me.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

mytwocents wrote:

On a Monday?
mytwocents

Post by mytwocents »

Longhorned wrote:
mytwocents wrote:

On a Monday?
I'll give him that he was here for work...and we don't live in the same city to begin with so the fact that we were both in a diff city at the same time I thought maybe. No doubt he was busy w work stuff but Thur-Sun you can't set aside a little time?
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

mytwocents wrote:

yeah, that'd piss me off too.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

mytwocents

Post by mytwocents »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
mytwocents wrote:

Mostly just sadness. Disappointment and sadness.
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

Don't you live in LA? Why date a guy who lives in another city?
History says, Don't hope
On this side of the grave,
But then, once in a lifetime
The longed-for tidal wave
Of justice can rise up
And hope and history rhyme.

Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

mytwocents wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
mytwocents wrote:

Understandable. For me, though, it'd be pissed off first, with those others coming later. Thought you were in the pissed off phase due to the thread starting post.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

mytwocents wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
mytwocents wrote:

Maybe your guy is just left shark.

Last edited by Daryl Zero on Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
gumby

Post by gumby »

UofACat23 wrote:This might sound crazy... but I don't think it's possible to make any broad generalizations about people and how they think based solely on their gender.
Yes. The question isn't what men want. It's what that man or woman you re interested in wants. Not going to find that from people who don't know them. This nearly all-male board argues about everything under the sun, but we're all alike?

So, my advice is to figure out why you're initially attracted to men who disappoint. Then stop using that as the entry point, so to speak. Because obviously "he's hot" or whatever it is isn't going to sustain you.

Then again, if taking this advice would end rally tits, then skip it. We all want that.
Right where I want to be.
mytwocents

Post by mytwocents »

Bruins01 wrote:Don't you live in LA? Why date a guy who lives in another city?
It wasn't planned...and he comes to L.A. somewhat often for work...at least during football season which is now of course...over :( Also, I'd happily date a guy that lives in L.A....but despite what one would think, the dating single straight guys w/i a reasonable age range, who share some very basic things (i.e. religion) is fairly limited...
PieceOfMeat wrote:Understandable. For me, though, it'd be pissed off first, with those others coming later. Thought you were in the pissed off phase due to the thread starting post.
Eh.... it's going back and forth...I'm still in AZ and out of my element so the phases are jumpy...ha
Daryl Zero wrote: Maybe your guy is just left shark.
LOLZ...nah...we were texting during the game and he was lucid and coherent so def no left shark
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

All I can say is that guys have been there too...well at least some of us.

Not to say we aren't jerks, but we get fucked over as well from time to time.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Olsondogg wrote:All I can say is that guys have been there too...well at least some of us.

All the time haha
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Olsondogg wrote:All I can say is that guys have been there too...well at least some of us.

Yep, like my buddy who moved from Chicago to Hawaii for a girl who told him two weeks later (and 1 day after watching him sign a year lease for an apartment) that she made a mistake and that he should have stayed in Chicago.

Or my other friend who found out 5 months into his marriage that his wife was cheating and wanted a divorce.

Those women are pretty much evil.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

mytwocents wrote:...I'm still in AZ...
*knock knock* Someone's at the door to cheer you up.

;)
Chicat wrote: Those women are pretty much evil.
how about a woman who adopts a family of kids with a man, then cheats on that man, leaves him, and ignores the adopted kids. that's evil.

But I'm not here to derail the thread. This thread is about guys, and there's plenty of similar stories that feature them.

the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Olsondogg wrote:I have a wife who is raging with pregnancy hormones. I'm afraid I don't have any more empty apologies for nothing I did, left.

Sorry.

Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

This thread makes me so happy.

See, I'm married (almost always happily) & have two daughters. I'm sure I've referenced it from time to time around these parts - but holy shit do I need a break from the estrogen from time to time. Case in point, the oldest daughter currently has boyfriend troubles (they're 18/17 years old) & the youngest (3 yrs) just got in trouble at pre-school for not wanting to acknowledge any of the boys during show & tell.

Either I'm 50% lucky & one daughter is a lesbian (which just means MORE estrogen) or this topic/thread is a tale as old as time.

Oh yeah, & then there's the wife. :D
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

mytwocents wrote:

That really sucks. Never make someone else a priority who doesn't make you one. I'm sorry you got hurt, but I'm also happy for you that you found out before marriage, babies, mortgage payments, etc.

Screw that guy. Maybe take Gumby's advice and try to figure out why that sort seems to be your type. Prolonged periods of being single suck, but sometimes the time for introspection is needed to save you from worse heartache in the future.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Chicat wrote:

Yep, like my buddy who moved from Chicago to Hawaii for a girl who told him two weeks later (and 1 day after watching him sign a year lease for an apartment) that she made a mistake and that he should have stayed in Chicago.

Or my other friend who found out 5 months into his marriage that his wife was cheating and wanted a divorce.

Those women are pretty much evil.

I have a story involving a friend of mine who's wife is so evil that even thinking about it sets me off.

Men, Women, whatever...people just really suck sometimes.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
mytwocents

Post by mytwocents »

ASUCatFan wrote:That really sucks. Never make someone else a priority who doesn't make you one. I'm sorry you got hurt, but I'm also happy for you that you found out before marriage, babies, mortgage payments, etc.

Screw that guy. Maybe take Gumby's advice and try to figure out why that sort seems to be your type. Prolonged periods of being single suck, but sometimes the time for introspection is needed to save you from worse heartache in the future.
Yea it sucks...yea I hear ya....just ugh....The thing I don't get about myself is that it's like I'm a glutton for punishment...I don't NEED to follow his twitter or, even worse, I don't NEED to go out of my way to search his mentions...but like a completely fucked up individual, I do. Part of me says I do it so that I won't all of a sudden be shocked one day when I read/see something. I'm well aware that's a terrible justification but it's the only thing I can think of that makes any logical sense. Mind you this was a relatively new thing where we'd only physically been together twice....which makes this even more pathetic. I'm willing to admit that in my head, I already had me being his date at his sister's wedding next year...and already (and I shit you not) was thinking about what dress I'd wear. WHAT THE FUCK IS THE MATTER WITH ME. HOLY SHIT I sound delusional x1000. If I was listening to a friend of mine tell me this I'd tell her she's out of her mind yet I can't listen to myself. UGHIUHWE(G*{OUYEWR

I.....I'm at a total loss here.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Now is surely a bad time for me to state that I am glad I am not single.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Yep. Being single usually sucks, but there are perks too. I'vebeen single so long it's sometimes hard to imagine readjusting to being with someone. Might be why I've sabotaged my last 2 fledgling relationships. :-(
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
mytwocents

Post by mytwocents »

Olsondogg wrote:Now is surely a bad time for me to state that I am glad I am not single.
UAdevil wrote:Yep. Being single usually sucks, but there are perks too. I'vebeen single so long it's sometimes hard to imagine readjusting to being with someone. Might be why I've sabotaged my last 2 fledgling relationships. :-(
There are certainly advantages to being single, especially when you've been relatively independent for years and answer to no one but yourself.... but....yeah....prob not a good time to reiterate that you're happy you're not in my situation....
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

My problem is that I'm not, and have not been in a while, in a 'situation' at all. Boo. :-(
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

mytwocents wrote:
ASUCatFan wrote:That really sucks. Never make someone else a priority who doesn't make you one. I'm sorry you got hurt, but I'm also happy for you that you found out before marriage, babies, mortgage payments, etc.

Yea it sucks...yea I hear ya....just ugh....The thing I don't get about myself is that it's like I'm a glutton for punishment...I don't NEED to follow his twitter or, even worse, I don't NEED to go out of my way to search his mentions...but like a completely fucked up individual, I do. Part of me says I do it so that I won't all of a sudden be shocked one day when I read/see something. I'm well aware that's a terrible justification but it's the only thing I can think of that makes any logical sense. Mind you this was a relatively new thing where we'd only physically been together twice....which makes this even more pathetic. I'm willing to admit that in my head, I already had me being his date at his sister's wedding next year...and already (and I shit you not) was thinking about what dress I'd wear. WHAT THE FUCK IS THE MATTER WITH ME. HOLY SHIT I sound delusional x1000. If I was listening to a friend of mine tell me this I'd tell her she's out of her mind yet I can't listen to myself. UGHIUHWE(G*{OUYEWR

It's called pain shopping, and I think it's completely normal, especially when you have really invested yourself in the relationship. I could give you a ten page list of pathetic things I did when my ex wife left. You're grieving right now and it's OK to try to make sense of it, even if you aren't ultimately successful.

Sometimes the length of the relationship or the amount of physical contact doesn't seem commensurate to the depth of feelings. You aren't stupid for feeling what you feel, and you clearly have enough self-awareness to learn something from your pain, so at least your suffering won't be for nothing.

Be nice to yourself. Be sad if you need to be sad. Process the pain however you need to. Don't go looking for closure. It can't come from anyone other than yourself.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

mytwocents wrote:

Don't ever get down on yourself for being human. We all desperately want to be loved. Even Bruins01...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

mytwocents wrote:

Sounds like a guy you really liked but he didn't share the same feelings. Don't make it any more complicated than it needs to be... If you were a guy I'd probaly tell you to rub some dirt on it and get back in the game.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

UAdevil wrote:My problem is that I'm not, and have not been in a while, in a 'situation' at all. Boo. :-(
It's such a cliche, but marrying your best friend makes life easier. Shit, there are times where I am sure that my wife is not in love with me...but it helps being her best friend.

It also helps having friends who are approaching 40, that used to give love advice, still single and searching for anything that isn't a serial killer.

All I can say at some point M2C you'll realize that Lloyd Christmas was correct:

All this time I’ve been going through such pain and personal ANGUISH… SUCH HELL, for NOTHING!
KCF

Post by KCF »

ASUCatFan wrote:
Women are not evil...
I'd introduce you to my ex wife if I still talked to her...
I'll throw in on this. You want my ex-wife's number?
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Happiest married guys I know relized early on that kissin' wears out, cookin' don't.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

KCF wrote:
ASUCatFan wrote:
Women are not evil...
I'd introduce you to my ex wife if I still talked to her...
I'll throw in on this. You want my ex-wife's number?
word. I bet busty is still available.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

KaibabKat wrote:Happiest married guys I know relized early on that kissin' wears out, cookin' don't.
Wife doesn't cook. But I married out of my league...

I listened to my uncle when I was dating her...he said "Get a good look at her mom, cause that's who you'll be looking at in 30 years".
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Olsondogg wrote:
KaibabKat wrote:Happiest married guys I know relized early on that kissin' wears out, cookin' don't.
Wife doesn't cook. But I married out of my league...

I listened to my uncle when I was dating her...he said "Get a good look at her mom, cause that's who you'll be looking at in 30 years".
my gf's mom is only 17 years old older than her..still looks pretty good for 40 so hey... no complaints
Salty

Post by Salty »

I don't think I will ever be satisfied with one woman.

As a wise friend of mine in the Navy said...

A marriage is like a dinner. Your wife is the steak. But you've gotta have your potatoes. And your bread. And your beer. And your dessert.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Salty wrote:I don't think I will ever be satisfied with one woman.

A marriage is like a dinner. Your wife is the steak. But you've gotta have your potatoes. And your bread. And your beer. And your dessert.
Yet another reason why you're an immature jack ass
Salty

Post by Salty »

scumdevils86 wrote:

I've had sex with more women in the past month than you have in your life.

If that makes me an immature jack ass, I'm completely fine with that. :lol:
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

Spoken like a true Sociopath. Most of us don't see people as commodities.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I can't tell which is sadder. Salty's desperate need for validation from strangers on the internet or "Pay Pigs":
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

What if the kissin' wears out but the guy is the cook?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

At least you realize that about yourself. The problem is with the people who don't realize that and get themselves married to somebody.
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

Longhorned wrote:

At least you realize that about yourself. The problem is with the people who don't realize that and get themselves married to somebody.
The real problem is that people like salty exist at all.
History says, Don't hope
On this side of the grave,
But then, once in a lifetime
The longed-for tidal wave
Of justice can rise up
And hope and history rhyme.

Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I don't think the "one woman" thing is the reason Salty dies alone.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Its always a compromise. That's one of the bad things about marriage. There are lots of other bad things about marriage and about the same number of equally bad or worse things about being single. But as Longhorned says, if you feel this way, don't get married. Simple enough.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Salty wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:

I've had sex with more women in the past month than you have in your life.

If that makes me an immature jack ass, I'm completely fine with that. :lol:
No one besides you gives a flying fuck how many chicks you've slept with. Not a one. Why would anyone here be impressed by you?
Salty

Post by Salty »

Longhorned wrote:

I may change and want kids and a wife one day.

But right now, being chained to one woman scares the hell out of me. Especially since I know so many unhappy couples.

I've slept with a few married women. I would hate to be betrayed by my wife like that.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Salty wrote:
Longhorned wrote:

I may change and want kids and a wife one day.

But right now, being chained to one woman scares the hell out of me. Especially since I know so many unhappy couples.

I've slept with a few married women. I would hate to be betrayed by my wife like that.

Well, unfortunately for you, Karma exists.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The thought of Salty procreating makes me want to emigrate.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Chicat wrote:The thought of Salty procreating makes me want to emigrate.
no kidding.

also not surprised he is the trash that would sleep with a married woman.

a garbage human in every sense of the word.
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

Salty wrote:I've slept with a few married women. I would hate to be betrayed by my wife like that.
You have less value as a human being than the greasy shit I took this morning.
Salty

Post by Salty »

You usually don't find out they're married until afterwards.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Longhorned wrote:
What if the kissin' wears out but the guy is the cook?
My dad used to say "The sex goes away, but you'll always be hungry."