The Weather is Crazy

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

Re: The Weather is Crazy

Post by Chicat »

scumdevils86 wrote:Yea we had like 10 days of Tucson winter now it's back up to being 15+ degrees above average. 75-83 every day last week and this.
Poor baby.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I was grilling some tri-tip in Tucson out in the open on Saturday and it was actually uncomfortably hot. Think it was 82.

Saw that 2017 was the hottest year in Tucson in recorded history.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Chicat wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:Yea we had like 10 days of Tucson winter now it's back up to being 15+ degrees above average. 75-83 every day last week and this.
Poor baby.
When it's been the hottest year ever here, at some point you just want it to actually be chilly for once.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Poor baby.
When it's been the hottest year ever here, at some point you just want it to actually be chilly for once.
Come salt my sidewalk.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Chicat wrote:
Poor baby.
When it's 105+ for a month straight and in the 90s until Thanksgiving you will be begging for a chill in the air.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

This morning it was -14 with a -33 wind chill. And snowy, softly quiet, sunny, and beautiful. To me, that's perfect.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

-11 with a -35 wind chill.

Contrarian Twins, maybe save your “actually, 80 isn’t typical and I really would like some upper 70s” hot takes for the The Weather is Beautiful But I’m a Malcontent and a Totally Annoying Complainer thread.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Chicat wrote:-11 with a -35 wind chill.

Contrarian Twins, maybe save your “actually, 80 isn’t typical and I really would like some upper 70s” hot takes for the The Weather is Beautiful But I’m a Malcontent and a Totally Annoying Complainer thread.
It's not typical. It's about 20 degrees above average.

Says the guy literally complaining in his post about the weather.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:

It's not typical. It's about 20 degrees above average.

Says the guy literally complaining in his post about the weather.
I’m complaining about the weather because there’s something to complain about. Not sure why you and your brother aren’t smart enough to grasp that subtle nuance.

When it’s 110 in Tucson and 80 here, you don’t see me saying “Waaaaah!!! It’s actually supposed to be 8 degrees warmer! Waaaaaaaah!”
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Send some snow our way Mother Nature, sierras are dry as a bone.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

My nephew at NAU said there is no snow on the ground.

The Central Coast of Cali is less than 5% of normal.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Did all of the snow that got deposited last winter melt off during the summer?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Chicat wrote:Did all of the snow that got deposited last winter melt off during the summer?
Yup. A scant amount remained in the high Sierra after 12k, anything below that, gone.

Ski resorts here top out at about 11. Some are making snow but that’s only for a few runs/lifts, and certainly not in the places I like to go. Hardly any in the back country either so no snowshoeing.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

And can't get a drop out here.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Merkin wrote:And can't get a drop out here.
yep. has rained 3 times for a total of less than half an inch in Tucson over the last 19 weeks. or about 130 days.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

The weather's gonna maker her his.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Longhorned's old haunts and 60 miles or so south where I live.

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I give up.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

ya its pouring and flooding here in Orange County too
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

i'm hoping the rain makes it down here
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Chicat wrote: I’m complaining about the weather because there’s something to complain about.
I'd think that a prolonged 15-20 degree above normal stretch of weather with basically no rain, in a thread called "the weather is crazy", is worthy of complaining about. It also does crazy things with nature.

I think you've got some of that sidewalk salt in your veins currently, which is understandable given the horribly cold weather you're dealing with. I've been in that type of weather (-44 degree wind chill, prolonged stretch of temps under 0 without factoring wind chill) so I understand the misery it causes.

One can complain about both types of weather and still have a valid complaint in each situation. I don't think anyone is saying that Tucson has worse weather than where you are Chi, I just think people are complaining about the crazy weather where they live, because the weather is downright crazy pretty much everywhere lately.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
Chicat wrote: I’m complaining about the weather because there’s something to complain about.
I'd think that a prolonged 15-20 degree above normal stretch of weather with basically no rain, in a thread called "the weather is crazy", is worthy of complaining about. It also does crazy things with nature.

I think you've got some of that sidewalk salt in your veins currently, which is understandable given the horribly cold weather you're dealing with. I've been in that type of weather (-44 degree wind chill, prolonged stretch of temps under 0 without factoring wind chill) so I understand the misery it causes.

One can complain about both types of weather and still have a valid complaint in each situation. I don't think anyone is saying that Tucson has worse weather than where you are Chi, I just think people are complaining about the crazy weather where they live, because the weather is downright crazy pretty much everywhere lately.
this. fucking climate change...

but hey..today is awesome in Tucson! 50 degrees and drizzling rain all morning. my favorite. just wish it happened more than 2-3 days during the winter. will be back to about 80 this weekend though.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:

I find the complaint that it's 75-80 instead of 65-70 to be abjectly stupid. And I will continue to call it out as such. In the meantime, I'm going to find a support group for people like Scumdevils, Scumdevils the Shorter, and anyone else who hate warm sunny days. I'll send the link via PM.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:

I find the complaint that it's 75-80 instead of 65-70 to be abjectly stupid. And I will continue to call it out as such. In the meantime, I'm going to find a support group for people like Scumdevils, Scumdevils the Shorter, and anyone else who hate warm sunny days. I'll send the link via PM.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

if you say so. again, we spend 8 months a year here lately with hot to disgustingly hot weather. would be nice to have actual normal temps every once in a while. perfectly normal to complain about when it is consistently 15-20 degrees above average during the few nice months a year.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

If you live year-round in Arizona, winter is your only chance to "cool your core."

Too many winter days with highs in the 70s creates this feeling that you're never going to reset all things in your world, and that the uncomfortably warm core left over from the heat of last summer and fall will only distend with the inevitable heat of the coming spring and winter.

The fear then becomes that your home, your loved ones, and your very crotch will all wilt and fall apart.

People who live or have lived in cold places don't understand this. It's like standers v. sitters.

Personally, my having lived in Arizona for 19 years means I can't get enough sub-zero highs in winter. I live with this concern that I just can't ever get cool enough.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

:lol: perfect

especially true with 2016 and 2017 being the warmest summers and falls on record in Tucson. not to mention it being back in the upper 80s and 90s by late feb/march most springs. never get to reset the weather clock at all.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I spent the first 18 years of my life in MI, except for a brief time in NY, and quite the contrary, I cannot stand the cold. It actually hurts me to be cold.

Give me a warm climate any day, as long as it's a dry heat!

Although living the last 30+ years in the Central Coast of Cali, have to say I think I will just stay here. No snow ever, and very few 100 degree days. Average winter high of 65, average summer high of 75.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Small chance in the next 3-5 years I move to Minnesota so I'll definitely get the cold I'm wishing for!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

We totally had frost quakes last night. I thought maybe pipes were exploding.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Chicat wrote:It's 23 degrees above normal this morning after our third round of thunderstorms this month and tomorrow it's looking like it will be in the 60s.

That's typical for mid-January in the upper Midwest, right?
Apparently it’s the new normal as once again in January we are waking up to thunderstorms and temps wildly above what they should be.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Chicat wrote:
Chicat wrote:It's 23 degrees above normal this morning after our third round of thunderstorms this month and tomorrow it's looking like it will be in the 60s.

Apparently it’s the new normal as once again in January we are waking up to thunderstorms and temps wildly above what they should be.
lol
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
Chicat wrote:

lol
I would normally take the time to explain why this response makes no sense, but everyone already knows.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Chicat wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
Chicat wrote:

lol
I would normally take the time to explain why this response makes no sense, but everyone already knows.
may laughing at your post doesn't make sense to you? well ok then

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

likely the warmest January ever recorded in Tucson. Will be in the 80s this week matching or breaking records. We're about 15 degrees or more above average.

First 2 weeks of February is predicted to be 10-15 degrees above average every day as well.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

84 at my house at 4:03pm here in the California central coast.

If it's not going to rain, might as well be nice.

In my 32 years out here in Cali, never seen a dryer winter. Only one big storm, and that was the one that killed all those people in Montecito.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Ah.. looks like we might hit 90 in the first week of February now. Cool.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Getting a bit of rain in Tucson are you?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

yea it has been awesome. been overcast, 50s and drizzling/sprinkling for 24+ hours straight
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azgreg wrote:Getting a bit of rain in Tucson are you?

My brother on Broadway and Houghton said he received over 2". My dad on Speedway and Camino Seco said he got about 1.5".
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

pretty evenly spaced rain too. website i use shows about 1 inch everywhere just on 2/14. definitely near 2 inches if you include today i'm sure.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Been loving the rain.

I'm sure my weeds are too, but, that's life :lol:

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

PieceOfMeat wrote:Been loving the rain.

I'm sure my weeds are too, but, that's life :lol:
I got my yard pretreated ahead of time thank goodness.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I got a bucket of weed killer ready to spray as soon as it dries out
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Stopped raining after 2 days in Tucson. It's really foggy now this morning. Haven't seen fog in years here. Like less than a half mile of visibility.

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

scumdevils86 wrote:I got a bucket of weed killer ready to spray as soon as it dries out
Me too.