What are things that people do that piss you off?

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

Re: What are things that people do that piss you off?

Post by Chicat »

BearDown89 wrote:I resent the manipulation.
Understood, but is that a party size bag of Flaming Hot Cheetos I see in your cart?

;)
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Costco is always moving their stuff around. Not the limited time things, but their mainstays

God their food is good though. Pretty much the worst thing you can eat, but it's gooood
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Their meat and seafood is legit. Frozen aisle, I stay away from out of concern for my waist line.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Alieberman wrote:I'm firmly in the camp of "dirt don't hurt"

I'm the Dad that tells his kids to quickly pick up the food they dropped on the ground and eat it while the other parents look at me and my kids in disgust.

I'm with ya.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

5 second rule.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Longhorned wrote:And since I'm still trying to find where you people draw the line, is this okay as well? I had a roommate who clogged the toilet, plunged it, and then wrapped the morning newspaper around the plunger to carry it out of the bathroom to keep it from dripping everywhere. He then placed the wet newspaper on the dining table. Horrified, I put plastic bags over my hands and disposed of the newspaper, and then disinfected the table as best as one can. When my other roommate woke up, I gave her the bad news that we had to replace our dining table. Ignoring my plight, she retrieved the wet newspaper from the trash and proceeded to read it at the table while eating a danish.
I'm Danish. I find this offensive.
Right where I want to be.
gumby

Post by gumby »

I'm the Dad that tells his kids to quickly pick up the food they dropped on the ground and eat it while the other parents look at me and my kids in disgust.
This.

Have an uber-antimicrobial neighbor who is the source of much entertainment (he's an extreme neatnik, too). When our kids were little, we had small place in the front yard where they could dig in the dirt and add water to make mud.

It was a kid magnet.

Mr. Clean would come over and pretend to converse with me on the porch while cringing at his kids having fun in the mud. He was so uncomfortable, but didn't want to say anything directly about it. So he'd suggest other things the kids could be doing.

We're not slobs, but we're not obsessed with germs either. And our kids didn't get sick with any greater frequency than other kids. The human body can adapt and handle it.

So relax, and worry about real problems, like your irrational obsessions and fears and what those are doing to your poor kids.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Threadjack

Although I am guilty of this as well sometimes.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

gumby wrote:

This.

Have an uber-antimicrobial neighbor who is the source of much entertainment (he's an extreme neatnik, too). When our kids were little, we had small place in the front yard where they could dig in the dirt and add water to make mud.

It was a kid magnet.

Mr. Clean would come over and pretend to converse with me on the porch while cringing at his kids having fun in the mud. He was so uncomfortable, but didn't want to say anything directly about it. So he'd suggest other things the kids could be doing.

We're not slobs, but we're not obsessed with germs either. And our kids didn't get sick with any greater frequency than other kids. The human body can adapt and handle it.

So relax, and worry about real problems, like your irrational obsessions and fears and what those are doing to your poor kids.
So you noticed that Mr. Clean didn't want to say anything about it. I'm often just sitting there, keeping all my own private thoughts to myself and talking about all kinds of interesting pleasantries. And all of the sudden the person I'm there with stops and says, "Okay. What did I do wrong now?" I'm stunned.

"I don't know what you're referring to," I say. "But since you bring it up, isn't that the same purse that you set down on the restaurant floor while we were having lunch? Right on the spot where the previous person rested the bottom of his dirty shoe that stood in the puddle in front of the urinal?"

Gumby, if you want to know how people destroy their own kids, remember that Mr. Clean was himself a protégé. Here's how I got this way:

As a 5 year-old, I'd do something like hold on to the safety rail on the escalator, and my dad would slap my hand away from it. Then he'd find the most unkempt person within eyesight, and tell me to imagine that person wiping his ass, not washing his hand, and then draping his crap-covered hand on the same surface I just touched. Through repetition, he successfully taught me to feel nauseous by just looking at a safety railing. He was very graphic about the urinal puddle image and just about everything else. He'd go off the deep end if I got caught letting my bare feet touch the carpet in a motel room. I involuntarily imagine the taste of dirty skin when I contemplate a safety handle for standing commuters on a bus or metro, and I just risk falling over instead of throwing up on somebody. If hand-free commuting were an athletic contest, I'd win the gold medal.

I can't do much about it now, but I know enough to at least keep my mouth shut and hope that people around me can't see my reactions. I once dated a woman who couldn't take it anymore, got up on our hotel bed and jumped up and down on the pillows screaming, "Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!"
gumby

Post by gumby »

Jesus. That's sad and sick. And communicable.

Sorry, man.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

gumby wrote:Jesus. That's sad and sick. And communicable.

Sorry, man.
It's okay. I developed other skills to compensate.
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

gumby wrote:

This.

It was a kid magnet.

Love this idea for a front yard.

Charge those little guys! Quarter an hour, half a buck for half a day.

Patent the idea and franchise it. I see an IPO on the way. Please, Gumby, lemmee have a franchise!
gumby

Post by gumby »

The dirt would never meet government specs.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Canceling a meeting that your entire senior management team is flying in for with only a couple hours notice.

Honestly, I'm ready to strangle this motherfucker.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

That wouldn't be a good career move. Nor would canceling the meeting...
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Puerco wrote:That wouldn't be a good career move. Nor would canceling the meeting...
Speaking of questionable career moves, I just emailed the president of his agency and the EVP of Marketing for the client and told them how disrespectful it was for him to cancel on us last minute and how they were missing out on a golden opportunity to corner the Chicago market all because of his ego and a silly power play.

I could have a whole lot more time on my hands to post on the boards coming up here shortly...
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Chicat wrote:
Puerco wrote:That wouldn't be a good career move. Nor would canceling the meeting...
Speaking of questionable career moves, I just emailed the president of his agency and the EVP of Marketing for the client and told them how disrespectful it was for him to cancel on us last minute and how they were missing out on a golden opportunity to corner the Chicago market all because of his ego and a silly power play.

I could have a whole lot more time on my hands to post on the boards coming up here shortly...
Here's a book to add to your stack-in-progress:

I'm currently not in a very important and mandatory start-of-the-academic year meeting. Nor will I be in any more mandatory meetings going forward. I'm in full revolt.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

This is now the 2nd time that American Airlines has texted me the moment I get to the airport that my flight is 2+ hours late

This certainly qualifies as something that pisses me off
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Alieberman wrote:This is now the 2nd time that American Airlines has texted me the moment I get to the airport that my flight is 2+ hours late

Now onto step 2: Getting you and everyone else crammed into the gate. They say, "We're currently delayed two and a half hours, but please remain in the gating area. We could get the go-ahead at any minute and leave earlier." That never happens, and I don't even think it's possible. At the expense of your own comfort and relaxation, it's just a way to calm you with false hope.

And while they're texting us, why won't they text us to let us know that our bag has been displaced? Bags are tracked by the bar code. Why not let us know in advance that it didn't make it onto the right plane? Why make us go to baggage claim and wait the whole thing out, and then have to inquire?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Things are now getting comical here. So my plane is not here but my crew is.

The flight at the next gate over has a plane but no crew. (Their crew is on MY plane)

So now both these flights are delayed

I may not know jack shit about the airline industry... But shouldn't there be a way to get one of these flights moving?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Alieberman wrote:Things are now getting comical here. So my plane is not here but my crew is.

The flight at the next gate over has a plane but no crew. (Their crew is on MY plane)

I may not know jack shit about the airline industry... But shouldn't there be a way to get one of these flights moving?
It really is too bad that you had to go and preempt the only appropriate response.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Longhorned wrote:
Alieberman wrote:This is now the 2nd time that American Airlines has texted me the moment I get to the airport that my flight is 2+ hours late

Now onto step 2: Getting you and everyone else crammed into the gate. They say, "We're currently delayed two and a half hours, but please remain in the gating area. We could get the go-ahead at any minute and leave earlier." That never happens, and I don't even think it's possible. At the expense of your own comfort and relaxation, it's just a way to calm you with false hope.

And while they're texting us, why won't they text us to let us know that our bag has been displaced? Bags are tracked by the bar code. Why not let us know in advance that it didn't make it onto the right plane? Why make us go to baggage claim and wait the whole thing out, and then have to inquire?
I know shit about the airline industry...and have indeed seen that happen several times. People were told it was an hour + delay and not to leave the gate area...lo and behold they all wandered off and suddenly they had a change and a plane available so they boarded immediately. About 5 people missed the flight because they wandered off and didn't hear their name called 35 times to get back to the damn gate. I laughed.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Okay, then, I didn't even know that was possible. I have pretty bad travel luck, so happy surprises are unfamiliar to me. Things usually get so bad that people are crying at my gate and throwing a fit. I'm like, "Doesn't this happen every time you fly?" "No! I've never seen anything like it!" Wow, lucky you.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Alieberman wrote:Things are now getting comical here. So my plane is not here but my crew is.

Not always. Airlines don't have unlimited extra planes laying around in every airport. If there isn't a plane there, there's a darn good reason why not. They don't create delays or a missing plane just for the hell of it because it's fun.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

ASUHATER! wrote:

Not always. Airlines don't have unlimited extra planes laying around in every airport. If there isn't a plane there, there's a darn good reason why not. They don't create delays or a missing plane just for the hell of it because it's fun.
I know they don't have spare planes laying around.... They do have a plane.... And a crew.... But they ar scheduled for different destinations. I just don't know why they can't change this from 2 delayed flights to 1 delayed flight
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

There's always a reason. Maybe one flight crew can't go on the other plane because it will put them over their allowed flight time because of the flight destination, maybe one plane needs a certain kind of crew, there could be dozens of valid reasons.

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

ASUHATER! wrote:There's always a reason. Maybe one flight crew can't go on the other plane because it will put them over their allowed flight time because of the flight destination, maybe one plane needs a certain kind of crew, there could be dozens of valid reasons.
You sound like salty in the police brutality thread. j/k
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Not at all haha. There is always a reason for such delays, and nearly all have to do with the safety of passengers and or crew.

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

ASUHATER! wrote:Not at all haha. There is always a reason for such delays, and nearly all have to do with the safety of passengers and or crew.
They did a special on 20/20 like 15 years ago that investigated the over-scheduling of domestic flights without the supporting infrastructure. This was back when they backed the plane out of the gate and let it sit for unlimited time on the tarmac. Retired pilots being interviewed said that pilots were instructed on the false explanations to give to the passengers, with the understanding that if you were caught being candid, you'd get called to the chief pilot's office to have a conversation.

Did that change? All I know is that there are limits to tarmac delays.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

holy shit, Ari this is the fucking worst --- now try leaving the house at 5am to get to LAX by 6:15 for a 7:15 flight, clearing security and getting the text that your American Airlines flight is delayed.

last time it was to OKC and was delayed 4 hours -- i got up at 4:15am and didnt gt into OKC till 6:30pm with the time change.

ah that shiiiit really pisses me off.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Think of the amazing fact that you get to pay a reasonable price to soar thousands of miles across the country in an aluminum tube (with television, internet and booze) in just a few hours with almost perfect safety. Then reconsider the level of annoyance when the plane is delayed just a few hours! Methinks the outrage is not warranted.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

scumdevils86 wrote:Think of the amazing fact that you get to pay a reasonable price to soar thousands of miles across the country in an aluminum tube (with television, internet and booze) in just a few hours with almost perfect safety. Then reconsider the level of annoyance when the plane is delayed just a few hours! Methinks the outrage is not warranted.
Sounds like a Louis CK skit. Anyways, with all this technology why can't they figure out a way so everybody can have 2 armrest to themselves.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Cause people are fat and youd have to lose a ton of seats haha
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I've found this site really helpful:

http://www.seatguru.com/

Every flight, every plane.

Not all seats are the same.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

scumdevils86 wrote:Think of the amazing fact that you get to pay a reasonable price to soar thousands of miles across the country in an aluminum tube (with television, internet and booze) in just a few hours with almost perfect safety. Then reconsider the level of annoyance when the plane is delayed just a few hours! Methinks the outrage is not warranted.
Thank you Louis CK.... Yes air travel is amazing..... It still doesn't mean they can't do a better job. Some airlines are much better than others. I wish I wasn't stuck with AA because they are the worst

And for the record, I may get pissed off and annoyed but I pretty much keep it to myself and don't take out my frustrations on the gate agents and flight attendants
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Longhorned wrote:I've found this site really helpful:

http://www.seatguru.com/

Every flight, every plane.

Not all seats are the same.
good stuff
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Alieberman wrote:
Thank you Louis CK.... Yes air travel is amazing..... It still doesn't mean they can't do a better job. Some airlines are much better than others. I wish I wasn't stuck with AA because they are the worst

And for the record, I may get pissed off and annoyed but I pretty much keep it to myself and don't take out my frustrations on the gate agents and flight attendants
People that do that are the fucking lowest form of human. Would you scream at a tollbooth operator because you were stuck in traffic?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

seriously. many years ago when I was starting out as a lowly teller at my job I would get screamed and cussed at because someone's job/social security or whatever didn't send them their direct deposit on time. happened a ton.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Was in Munich airport last year, waiting with my wife and four year old daughter for our connecting flight to NYC. I paid a couple hundred extra to fly Lufthansa because I still had gold status and thus access to the lounge (six hour layover with a 4yo). Theoretically. So we pull up to the lounge, and the German Matriarch presiding over the whole affair takes a look at my Singapore Airlines frequent flyer card and says, 'Nein, you cannot come in! Your card is expired!' I proceeded to apologize and then pointed out that my ticket expressly stated Elite Gold in bick block letters. 'Nein, zis eez not sufficient to enter my lounge!' I then proceeded to go berserk as my wife covered her face and crept out of the lounge with my daughter in tow...

I then went to customer service, where I explained the whole situation and logged into Singapore Airlines' web site on my iPad to prove I was Gold. The very nice young lady at the counter then called the lounge and instructed them to let us in. When I got there, Frau Matriarch says, 'Ja sir, please come in. But you can only bring in your wife OR your daughter. Not both!'

I smiled, and as I was leaving turned and said, 'You have just lost a customer forever. Congratulations.'

Funny thing is, on the way back in NYC we were using the US Air lounge and the German Lufthansa woman started to pull the same spiel. When I started to get nasty with her, she turned and asked a US Air employee about it. The American woman then took my ticket, looked at the German strangely, pointed out that the ticket said Elite Gold in big block letters, and then smiled at me and said, 'Go on in, sir.' I almost sang the national anthem out loud.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

What is it with the carry-on luggage limitation on Lufthansa recently? I'm ready for them to make me take off my pants and check in those as well.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

What pisses me off is when people don't warn you that the locally sourced ground beef you're about to consume may have a small bone fragment in it.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Longhorned wrote:What is it with the carry-on luggage limitation on Lufthansa recently? I'm ready for them to make me take off my pants and check in those as well.
It seems airlines are slowly enforcing carry-on sizes back to normal levels. It really got out of control over the past decade with passengers bringing bigger and bigger bags onboard (noted - due to baggage fees I'm sure). Once again, everyone in the gen pop think they're so damn special they can bring an over-stuffed and oversized rolling suitcase onboard that they think the flight attendant will magically wedge into the overhead bin somehow, ruining it for everyone else in the future that is barely over the size restriction, as I'm guessing you were. It had to happen though. Humans abuse everything.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Sounds like by hardly flying anywhere I'm missing out on all kinds of aggravation.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

pokinmik wrote:
Longhorned wrote:What is it with the carry-on luggage limitation on Lufthansa recently? I'm ready for them to make me take off my pants and check in those as well.
It seems airlines are slowly enforcing carry-on sizes back to normal levels. It really got out of control over the past decade with passengers bringing bigger and bigger bags onboard (noted - due to baggage fees I'm sure). Once again, everyone in the gen pop think they're so damn special they can bring an over-stuffed and oversized rolling suitcase onboard that they think the flight attendant will magically wedge into the overhead bin somehow, ruining it for everyone else in the future that is barely over the size restriction, as I'm guessing you were. It had to happen though. Humans abuse everything.
No, that's not it at all. I'm talking about the standard 6" thick, 19" length, 16" wide carry-on roller. The size that's made to meet current requirements.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

I assumed you were barely over the requirements you listed above, and they made you check the bag. You must have beef with the size requirements? Or my bad, I'm not following what happened in your situation.

The carry-on concept started as a laptop bag, small backpack, big purse, tiny roller bag, etc and then people (like Longhorned haha) got out of control! Now they're busting out tape measures and shit at the gate.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

pokinmik wrote:I assumed you were barely over the requirements you listed above, and they made you check the bag. You must have beef with the size requirements? Or my bad, I'm not following what happened in your situation.

The carry-on concept started as a laptop bag, small backpack, big purse, tiny roller bag, etc and then people (like Longhorned haha) got out of control! Now they're busting out tape measures and shit at the gate.
In my opinion, the accepted size of the carry-on bag for domestic flights should set the social expectations for travelers. I'm not squeezing a bag that's bigger than the size allowed (which is a courtesy thing, as you observe), and I'm not checking in a bag, so the world has to live with the limitations of whatever I can fit in my bag. If your wedding requires me to have six different changes of clothes for six different events, then I'm only going to one of your wedding events.
gumby

Post by gumby »

I'd go to your wedding regardless, and yet I wasn't invited. Pisses me off!
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Longhorned wrote:
pokinmik wrote:
No, that's not it at all. I'm talking about the standard 6" thick, 19" length, 16" wide carry-on roller. The size that's made to meet current requirements.
I only have carry-on issues in the US, so I assume anything you bring on that's okay at home should be okay on Lufthansa or anywhere else.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

It's the DC-Munich Lufthansa flight that has the problem. The first time I took it, I noticed that people who take it regularly didn't even try to take a carry-on. On the flight, the bins are practically empty. I have no explanation.

Another weird one is Turkish Airlines Istanbul to Berlin, and no other TKY flight I know of. It's a regular Airbus whatever. Every time and without explanation, I hand them my boarding pass and they tell me to please leave my bag next to the door as I board the plane. I say, "okay!" and then proceed to take it on the plane and put it in the storage bin. Other passengers do as told, and the bins remain largely empty.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Most intercontinental flights don't really enforce carry on limitations, do they? Dunno, because I mostly fly those for work and that means business class. Except for that one with those Lufthansa @ssholes.