What are things that people do that piss you off?

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Puerco

Re: What are things that people do that piss you off?

Post by Puerco »

ASUHATER! wrote:Not a germaphobe at all. Just like washing my hands properly. One of the very few things I'm particular about.
This makes perfect sense to me. It fits all of the preconceived notions I had about you...

Hint: bacteria is more good than bad for your health. Give it a try sometime.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Puerco wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:Not a germaphobe at all. Just like washing my hands properly. One of the very few things I'm particular about.
This makes perfect sense to me. It fits all of the preconceived notions I had about you...

Hint: bacteria is more good than bad for your health. Give it a try sometime.
What that I think it's important to occasionally wash your hands properly? I didn't know that was such a strange and awful idea to the world. It's not like I Lysol everything and have panic attacks about anything. I'm about as far from a germaphobe as there is. I just think it's a good idea to wash your hands a couple times a day because it does prevent you from getting sick. But apparently washing your hands is now a faux pas and is a terrible thing to do.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

:lol:

Nah, but obsessing over whether your hands are completely dry or just damp on the way out of the restroom is odd. Particularly if you're worried about the effect it has upon microbial levels on your palms after the hand wash.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Puerco wrote::lol:

Nah, but obsessing over whether your hands are completely dry or just damp on the way out of the restroom is odd. Particularly if you're worried about the effect it has upon microbial levels on your palms after the hand wash.
Where was the obsession? All that was said is that it's generally a better idea to dry them completely if you want clean hands. Shrug. You can never wash your hands if you think it's so terrible. I won't judge.

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Hater, I'm the last person on earth who can rightfully push back on this, but what kind of "sick" are we talking here? Who in the First World suffers from complications of not drying his hands completely?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

...do people not know that washing your hands lowers the rate at which you'll get sick? I don't care if it's the sniffles or whatever. It helps. I can't afford to miss work so I was my hands occasionally to do something little to prevent getting sick. Are you guys all from the 18th century and don't know that keeping clean prevents sickness?

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

gumby

Post by gumby »

azgreg wrote:Image
If showered, he wouldn't have to work for Peanuts.
Right where I want to be.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Keeps happening. Somebody driving at night with their lights off, so I blink my lights at them, and they have no idea what I'm referring to.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote:Keeps happening. Somebody driving at night with their lights off, so I blink my lights at them, and they have no idea what I'm referring to.
In Michigan you're not allowed to flash your lights at people. Doesn't matter if they're driving with their headlights off, a hooker clinging to the roof of the car, and a rag that's been lit on fire hanging out of their gas tank. Flash your lights at them and a cop sees it and you get a ticket.

Only reason I know this is that a cop had a new service SUV with really bright regular lights and was pulling over anyone who flashed him. Then there was a kid who fashioned himself a constitutional scholar who argued with the cop and he ended up tased and then shot and killed. I'm sure it's buried in the Police Brutality thread somewhere...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
gumby

Post by gumby »

Is that a gang law? Didn't it used to be a thing (or urban legend ) that if you flashed, you were declaring war or something?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Western Michigan, north of Portage is one of the more rednecky places in America.

Nice beaches though on the southeast corner of Lake Michigan.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

gumby wrote:Is that a gang law? Didn't it used to be a thing (or urban legend ) that if you flashed, you were declaring war or something?
It's supposed to stop people from distracting or blinding on-coming drivers. Which sounds good in concept, except someone driving with their lights off at night is far more dangerous than someone who for a split second flashes their brights to inform them of that.

The other reason they probably put the law on the books was to stop people from warning other drivers of speed traps. But that's not stated (of course).

The urban legend was that it was a gang initiation thing. Gang members would drive around with their lights off and then if you flashed them they'd turn around, follow you, and kill you. Of course it's never happened and the fallacy is that criminals would drive around trying to attract attention from the police.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I hope that Michigan law doesn't spread. I and everyone else also flash our brights when somebody is driving with his brights on. What's worse? The distraction of blinking or everybody having to drive blind?

In May I had a guy driving behind me on a one-lane highway with his brights on. I flashed my brights, tapped my breaks, slowed down, and did everything I could. He had no idea what I was referring to. I had to duck down and try to watch the road through a corner of my windshield, while people going in the other direction flashed their brights at him head-on. Finally I found a spot to pull over, and honked and flashed at him while he passed by me. That's when it finally sunk in for him.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

People who write checks at the supermarket.

Hey you old bitch, step out of the 19th century. My fucking ice cream is melting.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

People at work who spend at least a couple of hours a day just sitting around talking crap and not doing any work.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Irish27 wrote:People at work who spend at least a couple of hours a day just sitting around talking crap and not doing any work.
Oh man, some of the people in my clinic. Exactly this.

_________

When wife takes a trip to La La land.

Her: Lets spend Thanksgiving with my family in LA, aren't the CATS playing there in some tournament?
Me: Yes, lets do it!
Her: Lets do VRBO or Airbnb, I know how much you like finding a place.
Me: Ok

Find a few condo's in Santa Monica.
Her: Thats a little expense
Me: What was the hotel per night you were looking at?
Her: 150 per night near LAX
Me: Well this is the same price, but not a hotel, in Santa Monica with a kitchen near the promenade/beach
Her: Thats a little much for 4 days.
Me: hm ok...

more searching

Me: look at these great places on Venice Beach
Her: But we are going to see my family, we are not going for beach vacation.
me: but its cheap, and nice, i.e., not shitty or in a bad location
Her: But it will be nice to walk to the promenade instead of the having to drive.
Me in head: there just isn't enough booze in the house...
Me: ok.

Listen woman, in what world do you think you'll find a nice condo, a few blocks from the beach/promenade on wilshire, for 100 per night, in Santa Monica?

The Persian Princess and Entitled Latina is strong in her tonight...
97cats

Post by 97cats »

anything Eric Hosmer does -- can't fucking stand him
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

CalStateTempe wrote:
Irish27 wrote:People at work who spend at least a couple of hours a day just sitting around talking crap and not doing any work.
Oh man, some of the people in my clinic. Exactly this.

_________

When wife takes a trip to La La land.

Her: Lets spend Thanksgiving with my family in LA, aren't the CATS playing there in some tournament?
Me: Yes, lets do it!
Her: Lets do VRBO or Airbnb, I know how much you like finding a place.
Me: Ok

Find a few condo's in Santa Monica.
Her: Thats a little expense
Me: What was the hotel per night you were looking at?
Her: 150 per night near LAX
Me: Well this is the same price, but not a hotel, in Santa Monica with a kitchen near the promenade/beach
Her: Thats a little much for 4 days.
Me: hm ok...

more searching

Me: look at these great places on Venice Beach
Her: But we are going to see my family, we are not going for beach vacation.
me: but its cheap, and nice, i.e., not shitty or in a bad location
Her: But it will be nice to walk to the promenade instead of the having to drive.
Me in head: there just isn't enough booze in the house...
Me: ok.

Listen woman, in what world do you think you'll find a nice condo, a few blocks from the beach/promenade on wilshire, for 100 per night, in Santa Monica?

The Persian Princess and Entitled Latina is strong in her tonight...
So glad the future wife is all about the vrbo and saving money (having a house or apartment to stay in that's the same price or cheaper than a 3-4 star hotel is the easiest choice on earth ). I haven't booked a hotel in a couple years now and probably won't for a long time.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I agree, my wife is the same way. She's way better with finances and saving than me.

Update, baby put to sleep, each had a glass of wine, and found a great place off the promenade that was nice and cheap.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

scumdevils86 wrote:
So glad the future wife is all about the vrbo and saving money (having a house or apartment to stay in that's the same price or cheaper than a 3-4 star hotel is the easiest choice on earth ). I haven't booked a hotel in a couple years now and probably won't for a long time.
It depends. Generally we prefer airbnb or vrbo and with kids it's just a better option, but sometimes it's still nice to get a hotel and not have to worry about anything. Sure you pay for it, but then again you have access to a pool fitness center, nice lounge and/or bar, generally is nice parts of town.

We visited NYC in April and went the four star hotel route because that's the type of trip we were looking for.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Can people really not use right turn blinkers anymore?

Airbnb, homeaway or vrbo are all great, especially when you have older kids and we would need to get 2 rooms anyway. Got a 3 bedroom house in Maui with a full kitchen and everything you would ever need for less than 2 hotel rooms. Even had some surf/beach equipment that we used. We did stay in a nice 2 bedroom suite in Kansas City a few weeks back that was a good deal. Had happy hour breakfast & dinner. Even had veggie food for us plant based eaters. All for $300/night right in the plaza district. The plaza district is pretty cool if you have never seen it. Built in the 1920's based on Spanish architecture.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

CalStateTempe wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
It depends. Generally we prefer airbnb or vrbo and with kids it's just a better option, but sometimes it's still nice to get a hotel and not have to worry about anything. Sure you pay for it, but then again you have access to a pool fitness center, nice lounge and/or bar, generally is nice parts of town.

We visited NYC in April and went the four star hotel route because that's the type of trip we were looking for.
If I could go this route in Anaheim, Placentia or Fullerton twice a year, I would. Disney hotels are jacking their prices up 20 to 30 percent every six months and daring you not to pay them. It's becoming less expensive to drive to Florida.

If it were just me, I could handle a Super 8 in Buena Park. Whatever. But with wife and daughter, I'd be thrilled to find a $100 a night room I could trust between Xmas and New Years anywhere in Orange County. They just don't exist, at least not on VRBO.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I decided to get a breakfast burrito off the roach coach at work the other day. I order a egg, cheese, and sausage burrito. I get back to my office, take a bite, and there's fucking hot dog in it. Mother fucker! I run back out there and I get a "Sorry bout dat."
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

azgreg wrote:I decided to get a breakfast burrito off the roach coach at work the other day. I order a egg, cheese, and sausage burrito. I get back to my office, take a bite, and there's fucking hot dog in it. Mother fucker! I run back out there and I get a "Sorry bout dat."
Hot dogs are sausages. I had a Spanish girlfriend who never even learned the word "hot dog" and always referred to them as "sausages."

"Did you get the carbon for cooking the sausages?"

"No but I got the charcoal for grilling the hot dogs."
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

A breakfast burrito isn't a breakfast burrito unless it has chorizo and potatoes in it.

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

This reminds me of a post I saw on FB today from an old friend in Seattle....the struggle is real.

the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Carrot sticks?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I approached an intersection this morning, put on my signal to turn right, and a woman immediately pulls out into street from a strip mall parking lot. I slam on my breaks, and she slams on hers. I barely avoid the collision.

She shouts, "Asshole! If you put on your blinker, turn!"

Into the strip mall? How about into somebody's front yard? Is it okay if I turn at the intersection? Do you know how to drive?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The lesson there is, never use your signal. Always keep your enemies guessing.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

When I teach someone to drive on the freeway, my message is simple: never signal a lane change until you're sure the other guy can't keep you from doing it!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Puerco wrote:When I teach someone to drive on the freeway, my message is simple: never signal a lane change until you're sure the other guy can't keep you from doing it!
They'll even speed up to block you when, finding yourself in an unfamiliar city, you accidentally end up in an exit-only or freeway change lane. It's like, "Oh, that guy is about to end up lost on the wrong freeway or in an unwanted part of town. Let me force him into that unfortunate circumstance." It's actually really unsafe when they do that, because the last thing a freeway or surface street needs is a driver who's distracted by his disorientation and sudden tardiness, and looking desperately to correct his situation.

But that's exactly when they deserve the Chicago expressway signal: Make sure there's space behind them, and then - with a sudden, jerking motion - turn directly into their lane, forcing them to tap their breaks, and then make your lane change with the available space. They won't even honk at you because they know they're the one being the asshole.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Longhorned wrote:Make sure there's space behind them, and then - with a sudden, jerking motion - turn directly into their lane, forcing them to tap their breaks, and then make your lane change with the available space.
And only after you're finished do you use the turn signal.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Longhorned wrote:They'll even speed up to block you when, finding yourself in an unfamiliar city, you accidentally end up in an exit-only or freeway change lane. It's like, "Oh, that guy is about to end up lost on the wrong freeway or in an unwanted part of town. Let me force him into that unfortunate circumstance." It's actually really unsafe when they do that, because the last thing a freeway or surface street needs is a driver who's distracted by his disorientation and sudden tardiness, and looking desperately to correct his situation.
This actually happened to my dad on the I-5 in San Diego in the '80s. I can still remember him hitting a full bag of aluminum cans that sprayed all over the southbound freeway near Mission Bay....and the assholes who cut him off in the other lane high-fiving each other in the back seat after they passed him.

Yeah, he drove a van. Yeah, he drove 55 to 65 out of old habit. Still no excuse for making a dangerous situation far worse just for jollies.

And Longhorned, usually the only drivers who yell "Asshole!" are the bad ones. Good on you not to engage the idiots.
gumby

Post by gumby »

When they could be posting? That's B.S.!
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

People who can't part between the lines in a parking garage. How hard is it?
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Irish27 wrote:People who can't part between the lines in a parking garage. How hard is it?
Almost as hard as spelling. :D
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Who taught you how to fart between the lines?
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Irish27 wrote:People who can't part between the lines in a parking garage. How hard is it?
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Autocorrect for parking is coming soon. I'm thinking of starting a parallel parking blog. Each day I look out my window, and see drivers below struggle. It's pretty funny. Last week, this guy tried to squeeze between a car and a Homeland Security SUV. He tapped the SUV several times but he got in there without a SWAT team descending on him.

The best are the people who do the same thing wrong over and over and then drive off. Or, end up too far from sidewalk and call it good.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I wonder if that's the same for everyone as it is for me. Parallel parking is just automatic, nothing to screw up. But every once in a while, I wake up and nothing works. I can't operate the toaster, gravity follows different rules, I'm tripping over my front step, and the sudden inability to parallel park is only the most public manifestation of nothing working that normally does.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

gumby wrote:Autocorrect for parking is coming soon. I'm thinking of starting a parallel parking blog. Each day I look out my window, and see drivers below struggle. It's pretty funny. Last week, this guy tried to squeeze between a car and a Homeland Security SUV. He tapped the SUV several times but he got in there without a SWAT team descending on him.

The best are the people who do the same thing wrong over and over and then drive off. Or, end up too far from sidewalk and call it good.
gumby

Post by gumby »

That is awesome.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Why do people use checks at a grocery store? They take forever and generally end up screwing the amount on the check up, causing a delay in the line. Why not use a debit card or, even better, a credit card?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

MrBug708 wrote:Why do people use checks at a grocery store? They take forever and generally end up screwing the amount on the check up, causing a delay in the line. Why not use a debit card or, even better, a credit card?
Because in our parents' generation, there was a time in the past when pulling out a credit card at the register in the supermarket was a moment of great shame, signaling to the checkout clerk, the bag boy, and everyone behind you in line that you were in such serious financial peril that you didn't even have enough money to pay for your own food. The clerk would have to reach down under the counter and pull out a heavy rectangular contraption, place it on the counter, and put your credit card in a designated slot, place over that a set of paper sheets attached to a carbon sheet, and then slide a device over the stack to create an imprint of the raised letters and numbers across the front of the card. Then she'd have to take a pen and fill out by hand all the transaction data: pre-tax total, tax, and sum total, hand the set of papers to you to sign, and then take it back, rip out the customer copy, and hand back it to you. Apparently, this ritual was humiliating, and your only hope was that nobody you know from the neighborhood saw it happen. For some people, that association remains too much to overcome.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

It is astonishing how many people over the age of 65 still refuse to use any plastic cards at all at my work.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

People that make pretty much the exact same post in a thread as someone else because they don't bother to read. ;)
Chicat wrote:People who write checks at the supermarket.

Hey you old bitch, step out of the 19th century. My fucking ice cream is melting.
MrBug708 wrote:Why do people use checks at a grocery store? They take forever and generally end up screwing the amount on the check up, causing a delay in the line. Why not use a debit card or, even better, a credit card?
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Chicat wrote:People that make pretty much the exact same post in a thread as someone else because they don't bother to read. ;)
Seriously. This has pissed me off since the early days of GOAZCATS. Especially on the football forums.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Oh god. Do you guys remember the football forums at TOS? Repetitive posts really piss me off.