What are things that people do that piss you off?

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Macho Grande

Re: What are things that people do that piss you off?

Post by Macho Grande »

Check writing lady is nothing compared to extreme couponing lady. You haven't lived until you've been stuck behind extreme couponing lady in the checkout line. She has cart overflowing with items, and has a coupon for every. single. damn one of them. The barcodes on half the coupons won't scan properly, so the coupon number has to entered in manually on the keyboard. At some point, something will go wrong, and the manager has to be called over.

Twice last month I got stuck behind one of these people. If you ever see a lady with a 3 ring binder full of coupons, get your ass to another line, fast.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Chicat wrote:People that make pretty much the exact same post in a thread as someone else because they don't bother to read. ;)
Chicat wrote:People who write checks at the supermarket.

Hey you old bitch, step out of the 19th century. My fucking ice cream is melting.
MrBug708 wrote:Why do people use checks at a grocery store? They take forever and generally end up screwing the amount on the check up, causing a delay in the line. Why not use a debit card or, even better, a credit card?
Ha!

But we know repetitive posts are in some poster's wheelhouse :)

Speaking of grocery stores, does Stater Brothers gave a rule in not opening another checker until 8 people in line? Even Walmart is faster. I never have to wait at Ralphs. Can't compare Vons because I live on the wrong side of the tracks
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

My wife changed our cable package and "accidentally" got rid of Pac12 Network and Red Zone.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Brutal.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

When people call you and don't inform you that you are on speaker phone.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

azgreg wrote:When people call you and don't inform you that you are on speaker phone.
It bugs me more when I get called on speaker and I can instantly tell because it sounds like they're shouting at me from the bottom of a canyon and you just have to deal with the weird reverb the entire conversation.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I hate when I get a call and they're on speaker but the other people in the room with them don't say a freakin' word. Yeah, great, you got to listen in on our call, couldn't you have just asked for a summary later so I didn't have to try to make out what the speaker was saying half the time through that mess?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Chicat wrote:My wife changed our cable package and "accidentally" got rid of Pac12 Network and Red Zone.
My wife signed us back up for those channels. Was told it would be an extra $10 a month. But the channels still don't work. We were then told it was a signal issue (even though the on screen message said we needed to add it to our subscription). So they send out a tech. Tech comes out, checks everything, calls his home office, and is told that those channels are not a part of our package and that we'd need to pay an extra $37 a month to get them.

About to call Comcast right now to tell them we're switching to DISH.

Edit: Just got it for free for a year. Told them they could have some of my money or they could watch it go to a competitor. They ended up seeing my logic.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

You should switch to dish anyways
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

scumdevils86 wrote:It is astonishing how many people over the age of 65 still refuse to use any plastic cards at all at my work.

Why is it that the new chipped debit cards are twice as much work as the old sliding ones? And half the machines aren't ready to use the chipped cards, although they have the reader slots for them.

At Rite-Aid, in order to use the chip you need to slide it first. How is this progress?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

dunno why it takes longer (the chipped cards also cost us about 5 times as much as well so we've been told to start charging a fee for people who lose their cards to have them replaced more than once a year) but it is definitely annoying. the chipped cards generate a unique identifier per transaction that makes the information much more secure than the magnetic swiping.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Merkin wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:It is astonishing how many people over the age of 65 still refuse to use any plastic cards at all at my work.

Why is it that the new chipped debit cards are twice as much work as the old sliding ones? And half the machines aren't ready to use the chipped cards, although they have the reader slots for them.

At Rite-Aid, in order to use the chip you need to slide it first. How is this progress?
Was wondering that too. The other day I had people looking at me at Target like I was writing a check. And it was a Target card!
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

it will lower the amount of fraud which is good (at least for me because that is a huge thing we have to deal with). but other than that there aren't many benefits to me from what i can see. it takes longer to process the transaction and like i said before costs a lot more money. but fraud costs even more than that.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I took the day off today. Spent it with my kids downtown in Chicago. Had a great time. I come home to a bunch of work emails (of course), but one really stood out.

Sent at 4:15pm. Potential client needs info by close of business today.

So they got my out of office reply. Which by the way lists full contact info for both of my assistants. Do they email or call them? No, they call my cell. Leaving me a message at 4:30 letting me know that they need the information for a meeting on Monday.

So here I am. Working after hours on my day off. I could be cuddling with my kids watching a show after a fun but tiring day. But some fucking people suck at fucking life.....
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

When you have to explain to a bartender what a negroni is.

it’s like one of the easiest drinks to make, you just have to have Campari and decent enough vermouth.

In fairness, the bartender at restaurant last nights did know, but the waitress didn’t; and I was scared she was gonna fuck it up because she was really confused by my explanation (1/3 Campari, 1/3 vermouth, 1/3 tanquery). But then she also needed me to explain how to say her special, chicken cacciatore. She’s new, bless her heart.

But back to the point, I’ve been in enough places where this drink should be standard fare for any legit bartender and have received too many blank stares to realize that it isn’t.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Chicat wrote:I took the day off today. Spent it with my kids downtown in Chicago. Had a great time. I come home to a bunch of work emails (of course), but one really stood out.

Sent at 4:15pm. Potential client needs info by close of business today.

So they got my out of office reply. Which by the way lists full contact info for both of my assistants. Do they email or call them? No, they call my cell. Leaving me a message at 4:30 letting me know that they need the information for a meeting on Monday.

So here I am. Working after hours on my day off. I could be cuddling with my kids watching a show after a fun but tiring day. But some fucking people suck at fucking life.....
So, send them the information at 4:30 on Sunday.... :lol:
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

(Read the first 2 pages of this thread...hooo daddy!)

I hate it when crossing the street in downtown SA the moron drivers on my left don't realize 1) pedestrians exist 2) they are 10 feet away 3) in America they have right of way AND 4)the little white man is signaling it's time to cross. My wife and I call it the left shoulder stink-eye because you have to pivot before stepping off and glare at the baboons behind you lest you have a come-to-jesus moment in the crosswalk during which said baboons have to stop texting in order to yell back at you.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

:lol:

You’re welcome Dove, here another layer to this sites “onion”. ;)

When I bumped it the AM, I was secretly hoping you’d get a kick out of this thread and start contributing.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Sales Manager: “Your pipeline is way too skinny. You need more opportunities ASAP.”

Me: “You turned down the last three things I proposed because we don’t have the bandwidth to handle them.”

SM: “Make it happen!”
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

CalStateTempe wrote::lol:

You’re welcome Dove, here another layer to this sites “onion”. ;)

When I bumped it the AM, I was secretly hoping you’d get a kick out of this thread and start contributing.
You dirty dog, you knew I would be powerless to resist!!!
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

BearDown89 wrote:I hate the automatic paper towel dispensers. The motion detectors are finicky. They're always adjusted wrong and don't dispense enough towel. Waiting for them to reset before they dispense another sheet is annoying while my hands are dripping. Those in my office are the worst. The Y across the street changed back to manual dispensers.

Speaking of the Y, I find that women are the worst at wiping down gym equipment after they use it. They all do a shit job with a scrap of towel, barely any spray and a cursory wipe. I'm very thorough myself.
Quoted for truth!!

I will sit there and get my 5 sheets of paper to properly dry my hands dammit.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I love this site because this is like a personal written history in which I remember nearly ever circumstance and location where and why I wrote a post.

Update to the discussion about Airbnb vs hotels with the wife in 2015.

Last night we were discussion saving for a down payment on a car because the lease is up later in the year on the current people mover. Getting back to wife’s internal struggle between her frugality and avarice, last night she says:

“I can’t help it, I’m a simple women who likes nice things. Let a woman dream”

:lol: you got that right baby. I told her that’s going on her epithet.

99% of the time her frugality wins out and in the rare times where her consumer desires do, it doesn’t kill us, so it’s all good.