Venting Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

CalStateTempe

Re: Venting Thread

Post by CalStateTempe »

Fuck you piece of lettuce with salad dressing that jumped off the fork and o to my brand new dress pants.

Teaches me to eat a salad for lunch.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I twisted my ankle today........while sitting at my desk.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Dealer repair prices are ridiculous.

Found a good independent mechanic who specializes in VW. And found this before talking with the wife.

CST lives to see another day.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

In the hospital getting gallbladder surgery tomorrow... been in agonizing pain since last night. Great Wednesday for me.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Get better man.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

ASUHATER! wrote:In the hospital getting gallbladder surgery tomorrow... been in agonizing pain since last night. Great Wednesday for me.
Damn, I’m sorry man. This is a real vent!

Get better soon hater.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Jesus, we’re falling apart....

I blame Larry Scott and Mark Schlabach.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

CalStateTempe wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:In the hospital getting gallbladder surgery tomorrow... been in agonizing pain since last night. Great Wednesday for me.
Damn, I’m sorry man. This is a real vent!

Get better soon hater.
Thanks. Morphine is a hell of a drug.

WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Had something similar happen to me back in July 2017. Just pancreatitis, they couldn’t find anything wrong with the gallbladder till December 2017 and I had it removed. Recovery is not too bad, and it is a huge relief when you never longer get the feeling that your insides are being torn apart.
Last edited by WildcatStunner on Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

T minus 3 hours till asuhater parts with his gallbladder!
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

WildcatStunner wrote:
Had something similar happen to me back in July 2017. Just pancreatitis, they couldn’t find anything wrong with the gallbladder till December 2017 and I had it removed. Recovery is not too bad, and it is a huge relief when you never longer get the feeling that your insides are being torn apart.
Until I got pumped with morphine it was 12 hours of pure agony. I don't wish that on anyone. How long did it take for you to heal and recover?

WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

ASUHATER! wrote:
WildcatStunner wrote:
Until I got pumped with morphine it was 12 hours of pure agony. I don't wish that on anyone. How long did it take for you to heal and recover?
I actually felt pretty good after the surgery and was able to move around with minimal pain within two days. However, the pain from the cuts was on and off for about 3 weeks. Doctor will probably tell you to avoid intense physical activity for 5-6 weeks
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

scumdevils86 wrote:T minus 3 hours till asuhater parts with his gallbladder!
That’s not even a real organ.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

It's a good one to have to lose haha
cpt

Post by cpt »

I hate the process of buying/selling a home
I hate sellers (especially men) who think negotiating the price of the house is a test of manhood
I hate realtors and their ridiculous commissions for not doing very much
I hate home inspectors that make your house - that you've lived in quite comfortably for 15 years - sound uninhabitable
I hate buyers who use said inspection report to renegotiate the price - especially for things that were obvious when they made their offer and there was a meeting of the minds
I hate closing costs where hundreds of people seem to have their hand in your pocket
I hate buyers that want to buy in an established neighborhood (mine is 62 years old) and then wonder why everything isn't new
I hate buyers that bail on a contract (apparently legally) leaving you high and dry two days before the contingency deal you had to buy your new home expires and wastes three months of your and your family's time, work and tremendous inconvenience

I fucking hate all this shit.
Last edited by cpt on Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

WildcatStunner wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
WildcatStunner wrote:
I actually felt pretty good after the surgery and was able to move around with minimal pain within two days. However, the pain from the cuts was on and off for about 3 weeks. Doctor will probably tell you to avoid intense physical activity for 5-6 weeks
Good thing I'm sedentary!

catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

cpt wrote:I hate the process of buying/selling a home
I hate sellers (especially men) who think negotiating the price of the house is a test of manhood
I hate realtors and their ridiculous commissions for not doing very much
I hate home inspectors that make your house - that you've lived in quite comfortably for 15 years - sound uninhabitable
I hate buyers who use said inspection report to renegotiate the price - especially for things that were obvious when they made their offer and there was a meeting of the minds
I hate closing costs where hundreds of people seem to have their hand in your pocket
I hate buyers that want to buy in an established neighborhood (mine is 62 years old) and then wonder why everything isn't new
I hate buyers that bail on a contract (apparently legally) leaving you high and dry two days before the contingency deal you had to buy your new home expires and wastes three months of your and your family's time, work and tremendous inconvenience

I fucking hate all this shit.
So is it worse than writing pro-education bills for the Arizona legislature?

Because I've been through everything you've been through on that list. Would still take it all over the latter.
cpt

Post by cpt »

.[/quote]

So is it worse than writing pro-education bills for the Arizona legislature?

Because I've been through everything you've been through on that list. Would still take it all over the latter.[/quote]

Well, after working for them, with them and against them for 26 years, I'm used to who they are (or at least what they've become). These days I find it more frustrating dealing with education advocates that want to use super-progressive methods to accomplish a goal we all agree on and could be more easily accomplished with more moderate methods. They literally are pissing away a once in a generation opportunity to do something that would completely change the game in Arizona education all for ideological purity.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

cpt wrote:Well, after working for them, with them and against them for 26 years, I'm used to who they are (or at least what they've become). These days I find it more frustrating dealing with education advocates that want to use super-progressive methods to accomplish a goal we all agree on and could be more easily accomplished with more moderate methods. They literally are pissing away a once in a generation opportunity to do something that would completely change the game in Arizona education all for ideological purity.
So, Bernie Sanders voters?

I have officially given up on any meaningful educational progress in this state. We're at or right next to the bottom in way too many categories. With a family, the sacrifice is no longer noble nor worth the effort.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

So I'm alive, gallbladder is out. Stomach is sore but I'll live. Glad that's over

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:So I'm alive, gallbladder is out. Stomach is sore but I'll live. Glad that's over
Did you get to keep the superfluous organ? Great conversation starter....
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Chicat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:So I'm alive, gallbladder is out. Stomach is sore but I'll live. Glad that's over
My sister in law(the almost graduated nursing student) wanted me to keep it for science but I didn't get to ask.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Chicat wrote:
My sister in law(the almost graduated nursing student) wanted me to keep it for science but I didn't get to ask.
That’s some bullshit. God gave you that thing ..... for some reason.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

I'm in sales, had a region and was doing well, we hired someone else and I had to hand-off a chunk of my region, the new sales person was totally spoon-fed a huge opportunity with a super high profile client..think one of the highest profile tech co's out there. They closed the deal and our team killed it. I should be happy for them and happy for our firm, but I am totally jealous. The timing of things were just so that this slipped through my fingers. I guess I have super bad karma..need to work on that I guess. :evil:
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

My dad just got diagnosed with prostrate cancer. Don't know how bad yet, he has to get a bunch of tests next Tuesday. Fuck, I'm feeling so many mixed emotions right now. Just had to happen the week I'm going to Vegas. Fuck timing in life sometimes and especially fuck cancer
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

I'm with you man; let us know what stage it is. My Dad was given the same diagnosis in January 2016 and fortunately it was discovered at Stage 1. Once removed (surgery at Northwest Medical Center in Oro Valley) it has not since returned, which unfortunately was not the case for his brother, diagnosed at a much later stage.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Shit, that is just awful. Thoughts are with you, your dad, and your family, Lando.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Sorry to hear about that Lando.
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

CatsbyAZ wrote:I'm with you man; let us know what stage it is. My Dad was given the same diagnosis in January 2016 and fortunately it was discovered at Stage 1. Once removed (surgery at Northwest Medical Center in Oro Valley) it has not since returned, which unfortunately was not the case for his brother, diagnosed at a much later stage.
Thank you Catsby. We will know the stage in about 2 weeks from today. I'm hoping for the best. I'm still kind of in shock, for the biopsy they do a rating of 1-10 and gave him a 9... so I'm just hoping it's in the early stateges he's only 67 still got a little life left to experience I just want him to be able to enjoy some of his life since he's spent 35+ years teaching. He deserves to have some fun and enjoy his life that he has left.

Thank you Chicat and Azgreg. apprecite the support, any thoughts, prayers, or good vibes will be met with open arms. He's gonna need all the support he can get!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

This new windows update is taking for god damn ever.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

On week 5 of short term disability and week 8 of not being able to drive. It appears Achilles' weakness is shared by me, except I survived. Sorta. Nothing like having a sinewy string in your leg that basically controls the entire functionality of said leg snap in half, all because you had to win and didn't stop when the warning sign (seized muscles) presented itself. In my 40s, but never a day older than 12 upstairs some days. 3 casts, a scooter, 2 more weeks of no weight bearing, 4 to 6 more of not driving, 5 months to being able to play sports again, and a herniated C4/5 and 5/6 get injections next week (taking this short term disability from 4 to 6 weeks).

It sounds like fun....watching every movie or show, catching up on every book you wanted to read...just one little surgery gets you all that! Except I see the same 3 people every day, Febreze is the only thing keeping my couch from needing to be burned after this is over, until Tuesday, I had to put an oversized condom over my leg cast to get clean, depending on your 17 year old daughter for rides is scary, and I am a bit concerned I may have caused some issues or at least aggravated the shit out of the ankle simply doing what people say married people don't do with each other. So FML...

I really, really wanted the baseball team to make the post season to give this weekend purpose.

Hopefully the shots work and I am not back on this couch after a month or So following neck surgery (Achilles was a sports injury, neck disc herniations pushed over the edge in a sporting event, probably initially herniated in January. Throwing a ball as hard as you can apparently can further herniate a disc)
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Damn EV, that blows. Well done on the venting though. A+ work. Will read again when I pull a muscle sneezing.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

One coat paint my ass.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Please put the pens back where they belong. Where the fuck else am I supposed to find them?
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

TucsonClip wrote:Please put the pens back where they belong. Where the fuck else am I supposed to find them?
At my house it’s underneath my kids’ dressers or the bottom of my wife’s purse. I just assumed that’s where they belong.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

The cleaning lady/man apparently bumped my keyboard tray, dislodging the comma button.

I write procedures for a living (I mean, most of what I do is that). The comma button is one of the more important buttons, right up there with T and E and enter.

I, clearly, have secured a new keyboard, but this one sucks. What happened to the comma button? I have yet to find it (I am not exactly mobile right now so my looking is limited, but...dang).

Return the pens AND the comma button, please.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

EVCat wrote:The cleaning lady/man apparently bumped my keyboard tray, dislodging the comma button.

I write procedures for a living (I mean, most of what I do is that). The comma button is one of the more important buttons, right up there with T and E and enter.

I, clearly, have secured a new keyboard, but this one sucks. What happened to the comma button? I have yet to find it (I am not exactly mobile right now so my looking is limited, but...dang).

Return the pens AND the comma button, please.
Holy shit that’s AWFUL.

I thought I was annoyed because the ‘V’ button acts weird on my work keyboard maybe once or twice a week for a few minutes. A button going missing would drive me insane.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

The 9 on my office phone gets stuck when you press it.

We have to press 9 to exit the internal system.

Sacramento’s area code is 916

You see the potential problem beyond the annoyance of making calls to the wrong people. And the idiots in facilities still haven’t addressed it.
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

Update on my dad. The cancer has not spread to the bones or lymph nodes. My dad is electing to do radiation and gene therapy. High success rate of survival has been given to him. Appreciate all the support from the people who reached out. Thank you.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

That’s awesome news!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Great news Lando.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Good to hear
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Awesome Lando!!!
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Insecure bosses sure are fun.

Any tips on how to deal?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Fucking assholes

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

CalStateTempe wrote:Insecure bosses sure are fun.

Any tips on how to deal?
Make it seem like every good idea you’ve ever had was because of their incredible leadership.

Or frame them for killing the second to last known jaguar in the US.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Had an elderly family member pass in an assisted living facility that we helped for the past year after her stroke. We were the only family that was close to her for the better part of the past decade. Found out from other family members, who didn't lift a finger to help us when she was alive, that they are the beneficiaries and for us to step aside as they are in control all of the estate (which isn't much at all tbh).

They did this all via text/email to my wife, even though they had the chance to talk face to face. Unreal.

I will never understand human beings as long as I live. Even family.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Olsondogg wrote:Had an elderly family member pass in an assisted living facility that we helped for the past year after her stroke. We were the only family that was close to her for the better part of the past decade. Found out from other family members, who didn't lift a finger to help us when she was alive, that they are the beneficiaries and for us to step aside as they are in control all of the estate (which isn't much at all tbh).

They did this all via text/email to my wife, even though they had the chance to talk face to face. Unreal.

It's awful but legally there isn't a damn thing you can do. Saw this kind of thing dozens of times when I worked on these kind of situations for a financial institution.

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:Had an elderly family member pass in an assisted living facility that we helped for the past year after her stroke. We were the only family that was close to her for the better part of the past decade. Found out from other family members, who didn't lift a finger to help us when she was alive, that they are the beneficiaries and for us to step aside as they are in control all of the estate (which isn't much at all tbh).

It's awful but legally there isn't a damn thing you can do. Saw this kind of thing dozens of times when I worked on these kind of situations for a financial institution.
It's not even that. I couldn't care less about what money or items they get, we don't need or want any of that. It's the fact that they didn't do shit to help a dying woman when she was alive, but swooped in like vultures to pick apart a carcass.

Her body had literally not been taken to the morgue before they had texted that they were in control, and this was from people who were as close to us as anyone in our lives at one point.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Olsondogg wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

It's not even that. I couldn't care less about what money or items they get, we don't need or want any of that. It's the fact that they didn't do shit to help a dying woman when she was alive, but swooped in like vultures to pick apart a carcass.

Her body had literally not been taken to the morgue before they had texted that they were in control, and this was from people who were as close to us as anyone in our lives at one point.
It sucks. I saw this stuff happen with families every day when I was doing that. All kinds of nasty stuff people did to try to worm their way in and take money.