Out Of Town Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

CatsbyAZ

Out Of Town Thread

Post by CatsbyAZ »

For any and all excursions away from home.

Down to Norfolk Virginia the rest of the week for work. Made sure our travel system booked me into the Double Tree airport location with the snazzy sports bar in the lobby; so you know when the Thursday workday is complete what I'm going to be watching with bottles of Goose Island coming.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
ASUCatFan

Re: Out Of Town Thread

Post by ASUCatFan »

Leaving for San Angelo, TX for a couple of days as early as I can get myself out of bed tomorrow. I'm going to see my sister and her family. From what I hear, they have a river there that actually has water running through it!
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

So was there a river in San Angelo?

Might as well have flown to/from Norfolk last week, the roads are so bad. Driving back on I-64 the interstate came to a two hour standstill after a truck carrying corn flipped. (See Picture). Helicopters came landing right onto the road. This after last Sunday I got stuck behind a car pile up involving a semi-truck outside of Wheeling WV. Cars just ripped apart. Slow down big guys.

“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Going to LA this Thursday-Saturday to see David Gilmour at the Hollywood Bowl.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I go lots of places for work but excited to be doing a Brooklyn, NYC, Washington DC trip with the family as soon as the boys are done with school this year. Kids have never been on the east coast and are super excited. They think we will run into President Obama.
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

CatsbyAZ wrote:So was there a river in San Angelo?

There was! Water and everything! Very impressive.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

UAdevil wrote:Going to LA this Thursday-Saturday to see David Gilmour at the Hollywood Bowl.
Need S16 & E8 tickets? :oops:
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Jefe wrote:
UAdevil wrote:Going to LA this Thursday-Saturday to see David Gilmour at the Hollywood Bowl.
Need S16 & E8 tickets? :oops:
Lol. In fact I need to unload 2 pair of Gilmour tickets... :-)
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
gumby

Post by gumby »

Driving to Yakima and back on Friday to watch daughter's dance team at state. I know you're all jealous.
Right where I want to be.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Only thing I remember from the one time I stopped through Yakima was having dinner at a Taco Time.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Downtown Seattle all week. Beautiful week of weather; beautiful city really, with Rainer, Baker, and the Cascades visible in the distance, and all the water front.