Pokemon Go

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Alieberman

Pokemon Go

Post by Alieberman »

It's stupid but kind of addicting... Plus it's causing people to get in car accidents while they are playing, getting robbed at Pokemon stops, etc

The 1 positive in my household is its getting my kids to want to walk the dog and go on errands with me
Chicat

Re: Pokemon Go

Post by Chicat »

Saw a girl nearly walk straight into a pool yesterday staring intently at that app. Was kind of praying for it to happen.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I don't know anything about it, but did see a warning for black males they need to be extra careful.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Alieberman wrote:It's stupid but kind of addicting... Plus it's causing people to get in car accidents while they are playing, getting robbed at Pokemon stops, etc

The 1 positive in my household is its getting my kids to want to walk the dog and go on errands with me
All I know is I apparently have about a dozen grown up friends who play, share their finds on Facebook, and the Application can't be blocked. So now I guess I read stuff on Pokemon.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

If you think Pokemon Go is taking over, you may be right

http://myconnection.cox.com/article/tre ... 0MDA5MTMv/" target="_blank
Augmented reality is starting to take over real reality in the form of Pikachu and the rest of the Pokemon characters.

The wildly popular video game series, normally the realm of children, has taken over the lives of adults thanks to "Pokemon Go."

And if you think that the game has taken over your friends' and even your life since its release last week, you may be right.

According to web watchers, "Pokemon Go" is bigger than Tinder, Business Insider reported.

By July 7, it was installed on more US Android-based phones than the dating app, Similar Web found.

It's also giving Twitter a run for its money when it comes to engagement.

Similar Web said that the number of Daily Active Users is nearly as high as Twitter and could overtake the social media platform.

The game is only available officially in the US, Australia and New Zealand for now, but it is available through back channels using an apk, or Android application package used to bypass the company's app store.
TheBlackLodge

Post by TheBlackLodge »

The UA mall is usually dead during the summer, but around 9:30 PM last night there must have at least a couple hundred people with their phones hunting Pokemon.
Formerly McLurvin
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

That's insane. I have 0 interest in it because Pokemon came out when I was in junior high so only the super uncool and lame kids played it. If I was a few years younger I'm sure I might like it. I never have been into cartoon or super hero or fantasy things.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

MAN DIES PLAYING POKEMON GO

http://widyom.com/goster/64lyeWwYj1g" target="_blank

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

I'm playing because the girlfriend is playing...meh
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Don't worry but you've just given Pokemon Go complete access to your entire Google account, including e-mail if you use it...
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

I downloaded it and then went to Upstate New York for a week. Apparently Pokemen don't spawn in rural areas, so I got bored and uninstalled it. Looked sort of stupid anyways.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

God, what are people on with this game...calling it "the beginning of world peace"? More like the beginning of the end of any independent life.

How unbelievably brain-sucking.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

scumdevils86 wrote:That's insane. I have 0 interest in it because Pokemon came out when I was in junior high so only the super uncool and lame kids played it. If I was a few years younger I'm sure I might like it. I never have been into cartoon or super hero or fantasy things.
Agreed. Me either. This thread contains the sum total of my knowledge regarding the subject.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Merkin wrote:I don't know anything about it, but did see a warning for black males they need to be extra careful.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

God damn these idiots made SF a sh*tshow this weekend.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

CalStateTempe wrote:God damn these idiots made Boston a sh*tshow this weekend.

And by idiots I mean myself and my residency friends.

We were in town for a wedding of one of our crew.

Cards attending is really into it, and got our other cards fellow friend into it on a guys trip to Nashville I was unfortunately unable to join in on a few weeks back.

Soon the 6 of us have it down loaded, we are wasted, and it's 1am and we are cruising around bean town playing this damn game. Then did the same the next day on the freedom trail.

No so much playing the game but using it as an excuse to hangout catch up, give each other shit, and forget a little bit about our professional lives while reconnecting.

Damn good fun.