http://www.collegesports-fans.com/colle ... oards.html

Site, sponsor, activity rating
WildcatAuthority.com - Scout - 7
Bear Down Wildcats - Independent - 6
PointGuardU.com - Independent - 5
Wildcat Sports Report - 247 Sports - 5
GoAZCats.com - Rivals - 3
ArizonaSportsFans.com - Independent - 1

Wonder what their scale is based on? What is a "3"? Just went over to TOS and there hasn't been a single post in 3 weeks. On a cursory review, it looks like only a handful of posts over the past 2-3 months.
Maybe they build in past performance, kind of like a cheeseburger that's now just a fart.
Puerco

Re: TOS Discussion

Post by Puerco »

You are a funny, funny man.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

UAtrue wrote:
Merkin wrote:#2 baby!

http://www.collegesports-fans.com/colle ... oards.html

Site, sponsor, activity rating
WildcatAuthority.com - Scout - 7
Bear Down Wildcats - Independent - 6
PointGuardU.com - Independent - 5
Wildcat Sports Report - 247 Sports - 5
GoAZCats.com - Rivals - 3
ArizonaSportsFans.com - Independent - 1

Wonder what their scale is based on? What is a "3"? Just went over to TOS and there hasn't been a single post in 3 weeks. On a cursory review, it looks like only a handful of posts over the past 2-3 months.
I think those numbers mean how many forums each site has.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Just got 2 auto-generated emails from Goazcats.com alerting me that someone has had multiple failed login attempts on my account...hmm.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UAdevil wrote:Just got 2 auto-generated emails from Goazcats.com alerting me that someone has had multiple failed login attempts on my account...hmm.

Same here:

Someone has tried to log into your account on GOAZCATS.com Message Board with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 117.169.1.207

All the best,
GOAZCATS.com Message Board

IP address is in China: http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/117.169.1.207
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

Same thing here - offending IP was from Japan.
"Yeah, well, I always heard there were three kinds of suns in kansas: sunshine, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Sidewinder wrote:Same thing here - offending IP was from Japan.
Those wacky Japanese.
77HoyaCat4Ever

Post by 77HoyaCat4Ever »

azgreg wrote:
Sidewinder wrote:Same thing here - offending IP was from Japan.
Those wacky Japanese.
That would be an interesting thread topic and title :)
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Not sure where to put this, but seems related to the Gershon/Scheer/Inna and so on migration from Rivals to Scout.

Karpman always seemed a decent sort of chap for a Scummie.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Scout and Rivals are owned by the same person IIRC. The new guy at Devils Digest...er..sundevilsource, just had a pretty funny article written about this class they just signed. 6 of them are going to be All PAC-12, AA candidates, 12 of them are All PAC-12 caliber and all but one are destined to be PAC-12 starters for ASU.

Pretty impressive but strikes me as pretty homerish
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

MrBug708 wrote:Scout and Rivals are owned by the same person IIRC.
Founded by the same person, sold one to Fox and the other to Yahoo.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Merkin wrote:
UAdevil wrote:Just got 2 auto-generated emails from Goazcats.com alerting me that someone has had multiple failed login attempts on my account...hmm.

Same here:

Someone has tried to log into your account on GOAZCATS.com Message Board with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 117.169.1.207

All the best,
GOAZCATS.com Message Board

IP address is in China: http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/117.169.1.207
Same thing just happened to me.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

On an unrelated topic, there's a GOAzCats bracket on Yahoo. Anyone joining?
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Puerco wrote:On an unrelated topic, there's a GOAzCats bracket on Yahoo. Anyone joining?
Do they allow empty brackets?
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Do they verbally abuse those who enter for free?
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Merkin wrote:Do they verbally abuse those who enter for free?
Someone should join with the bracket name: Play Free Board!

Followed by: I'm As Free As A Board, Now

Followed by: And This Board Will Never Change
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I know there are several here who are also paid members of "the other" TOS... the good one. I've been trying to go over there more. The info is good... but the posters over there are horrible. I've tried to post over there a few times but the discussion is just not very interesting. I still think it's a great resource but the discussion over here is far superior.

So glad we created this site.

Bear Down.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Alieberman wrote:I know there are several here who are also paid members of "the other" TOS... the good one. I've been trying to go over there more. The info is good... but the posters over there are horrible. I've tried to post over there a few times but the discussion is just not very interesting. I still think it's a great resource but the discussion over here is far superior.

Bear Down.
Exactly. And this is nothing new because it was a problem on premium going way back over 10 years. But all you need to do is spend a short time there today or any day to see that the community is far less knowledgeable, far less sophisticated, far less interesting, and far less funny and entertaining. While the staff provides excellent information, posters generally know shockingly little about even the most basic details of the sport under discussion. Why would somebody who isn't even sure of the difference between a point guard and a power forward subscribe to a paid site devoted to Arizona athletics?

But wait, it gets worse. And this is something that somebody who isn't on that site would never believe. While our site has its expected trolls, that site has this unexplainable widespread tendency to accuse other posters and the staff of things for reasons that are paranoid, childish, and beyond understandable. The repeated pattern is that a poster or staff member says something with only the best intentions, and then some poster starts accusing that poster or staff member of something absurd. Then the original poster offers clarification, and then, for some unknown reason, the accusing poster gets offended and screams that he's under attack. You can almost see the tears as he demands to have his subscription cancelled, and as bystanders try to intervene and help pick up the crying poster out of the dirt, he starts screaming at everybody for being part of some kind of plot aimed at helping the staff to oppress innocent posters.

This actually happens, and with disturbing frequency. I have no explanation. It's just bizarre. More often than not, Reydituto gets implicated. Scheer, Gershon, and 97cats are framed as bullying enforcers of groupthink, who themselves lack any kind of connection to the program or special training that should lend value to the information they provide. Most of all, these staff members and posters and their "countless minions" are supposedly just out to disparage Gabe York.

Most of the threads offer absolutely no information and no basis for discussion. They're started by a poster who has a casual observation that he wants everybody to read. Forget that there are already 14 threads on the screen about Frank Kaminsky. Just start a new one called, say, "Kaminsky". When people click on it, they read something like, "He's a good player and deserves respect". Oh, really? Thank you. When you say, "Hey, can we keep these bland observations to existing threads?", crying ensues, along with the insistence that "I can do what I want!" And you know that you have yet another poster on the edge of spontaneous self-ignition.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

There are TV channels you watch for a few specific things, and then there are TV channels that offer such diversity or overarching quality, you almost always turn to it first regardless of what you're looking for.

Scout=Headline News
GOAZCATS=DIY Network ;)

I think this site is like a favorites list. It offers so much. Not just sports. Not just talk.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Longhorned wrote:
Alieberman wrote:I know there are several here who are also paid members of "the other" TOS... the good one. I've been trying to go over there more. The info is good... but the posters over there are horrible. I've tried to post over there a few times but the discussion is just not very interesting. I still think it's a great resource but the discussion over here is far superior.

Bear Down.
Exactly. And this is nothing new because it was a problem on premium going way back over 10 years. But all you need to do is spend a short time there today or any day to see that the community is far less knowledgeable, far less sophisticated, far less interesting, and far less funny and entertaining. While the staff provides excellent information, posters generally know shockingly little about even the most basic details of the sport under discussion. Why would somebody who isn't even sure of the difference between a point guard and a power forward subscribe to a paid site devoted to Arizona athletics?

But wait, it gets worse. And this is something that somebody who isn't on that site would never believe. While our site has its expected trolls, that site has this unexplainable widespread tendency to accuse other posters and the staff of things for reasons that are paranoid, childish, and beyond understandable. The repeated pattern is that a poster or staff member says something with only the best intentions, and then some poster starts accusing that poster or staff member of something absurd. Then the original poster offers clarification, and then, for some unknown reason, the accusing poster gets offended and screams that he's under attack. You can almost see the tears as he demands to have his subscription cancelled, and as bystanders try to intervene and help pick up the crying poster out of the dirt, he starts screaming at everybody for being part of some kind of plot aimed at helping the staff to oppress innocent posters.

This actually happens, and with disturbing frequency. I have no explanation. It's just bizarre. More often than not, Reydituto gets implicated. Scheer, Gershon, and 97cats are framed as bullying enforcers of groupthink, who themselves lack any kind of connection to the program or special training that should lend value to the information they provide. Most of all, these staff members and posters and their "countless minions" are supposedly just out to disparage Gabe York.

Most of the threads offer absolutely no information and no basis for discussion. They're started by a poster who has a casual observation that he wants everybody to read. Forget that there are already 14 threads on the screen about Frank Kaminsky. Just start a new one called, say, "Kaminsky". When people click on it, they read something like, "He's a good player and deserves respect". Oh, really? Thank you. When you say, "Hey, can we keep these bland observations to existing threads?", crying ensues, along with the insistence that "I can do what I want!" And you know that you have yet another poster on the edge of spontaneous self-ignition.
Bravo!
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Bear Down.
THIS THIS THIS. Info is cool but some (about 80%) of the takes there are just facepalm worthy
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Longhorned hit the nail on the head, and such quasi - immaturity is why I can never pay for a subscription there.

Most posters on Scout aren't looking for any answers. Just a cocoon. Way too many places we get that already. Why not a more constructive alternative?
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

catgrad97 wrote:Longhorned hit the nail on the head, and such quasi - immaturity is why I can never pay for a subscription there.

Most posters on Scout aren't looking for any answers. Just a cocoon. Way too many places we get that already. Why not a more constructive alternative?
You don't pay for the discussion there, you pay for the inside info.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The discussion isn't worth $.06. I just scan threads for the Scout guys and a very select few posters.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Chicat wrote:The discussion isn't worth $.06. I just scan threads for the Scout guys and a very select few posters.
I think I vastly improved the discussion with a thread about Jahlil Okafor's hand size.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Daryl Zero wrote:
Chicat wrote:The discussion isn't worth $.06. I just scan threads for the Scout guys and a very select few posters.
I think I vastly improved the discussion with a thread about Jahlil Okafor's hand size.
That thread would have been epic here.

#MissedOpportunity
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

Paid for a subscription when the initial migration happened. Could not stand to spend mere minutes in that place then. It's sad nothing has changed. I'm happy to be in the dark on the super secret info, which is probably about 75% noise to me anyhow.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

It's a site for insider information, right? And yet there are several posters without any connection to the program who completely ignore the insider information, and proceed to post their own strongly stated, completely misinformed opinions. So basically they think we're all paying to read their thoughts. Once in a while, out of the blue they'll ask a question about something that the staff has been discussing in detail for days. They don't even know the topics at hand because they don't read the threads or the articles. They simply start a new thread to something with absolutely no base in reality whatsoever. When called on it, they play the "I can do what I want!" card, and then disparage the staff. Presumably out of jealousy.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I know everyone makes fun of the mega threads at GoAZCats and now here, but holy shit is it annoying to have 5 different threads on the same topic. As you said Longhorned, it's like posters don't read the articles/threads and just jump in with new topics that talk about the same thing.

"So what's going on with Rabb?"
"I don't know. Why don't you check the other 8 threads that are currently going and report back to us?"

:roll:
gumby

Post by gumby »

So what IS going on with Rabb? Any news?

Also, I heard there was this pool party. True?
Right where I want to be.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

gumby wrote:So what IS going on with Rabb? Any news?

Also, I heard there was this pool party. True?
That's how you do it!

I heard there was a pool party, too. Glad I was too old to attend. I remember being at parties where there were late 80s/early 90s players, but I never thought to fight them.

And yes, what IS going on with Rabb?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

What about now?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Chicat wrote:I know everyone makes fun of the mega threads at GoAZCats and now here, but holy shit is it annoying to have 5 different threads on the same topic. As you said Longhorned, it's like posters don't read the articles/threads and just jump in with new topics that talk about the same thing.

:roll:
Longhorned wrote:It's a site for insider information, right? And yet there are several posters without any connection to the program who completely ignore the insider information, and proceed to post their own strongly stated, completely misinformed opinions. So basically they think we're all paying to read their thoughts. Once in a while, out of the blue they'll ask a question about something that the staff has been discussing in detail for days. They don't even know the topics at hand because they don't read the threads or the articles. They simply start a new thread to something with absolutely no base in reality whatsoever. When called on it, they play the "I can do what I want!" card, and then disparage the staff. Presumably out of jealousy.
Main Event wrote:

Bear Down.
THIS THIS THIS. Info is cool but some (about 80%) of the takes there are just facepalm worthy
I generally agree with all of these. I don't really think you get much in the way of "insider" information per se, but you do get a certain level of reporting from Scheer and the other Scout staff/analysts that post and chime in pretty regularly. So there is new information to be had. That's what the subscription fee pays for. The bits and pieces trail over here eventually.

You've also got the usual suspects that participate more over there and their posts are worth reading whatever the topic. Basketball or football, you know who they are. On the football side there's the always excellent HHM and a guy called excatdb who is the best at breaking things down. He obviously has access and attends practice, etc. He's careful to respect and protect those privileges, but he knows what he's talking about and his observations are the best posts on the board. You look for the names of the posters you know and like, and skip right over everything else.

And yes, there are multiple threads on the same topics over and over again. Old threads are rarely, if ever, bumped to continue a discussion on topic. It's like diarrhea of thought over there when it comes to starting threads. I would suggest, however, that the thread-Nazism, er . . . uh . . . management on this board and the former GoAzCats is unique to these communities. As far as I can tell, no other board manages its threads and topics in such an orderly fashion. Go take a look at 247Sports/Wildcat Sports Report sometime. Every thought is a new thread - sometimes there are literally tens of threads on the same topic. It's impossible to have any continuity in the conversation.

The things that make this place special are the community discussion beyond just sports, the lower boards, thread management and especially mega-threads.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I agree, BD 89. Well said.

And not to give away too much insider information, but I just started a thread over there titled "My thoughts about Rabb's decision." I wrote:
LonghornedWingFat wrote:What this board needs is a new thread devoted to what I think about the matter. So let's have a detailed and (for me) pleasantly gratifying discussion about all of the dimensions of my own unique, personal reaction to this topic. And should you have your own thoughts, why don't you start a different thread about Rabb's decision that's separate from the existing threads? Or perhaps you can start a new thread asking a question that's already been asked and answered in the existing threads, even multiple times.

Okay, here goes.... My reaction is: I'm sad.
gumby

Post by gumby »

WingFat. Book 'em, Danno!
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

There are about 20 active Rabb threads going on at TOS right now
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Alieberman wrote:There are about 20 active Rabb threads going on at TOS right now
How many have WingFat?
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Alieberman wrote:There are about 20 active Rabb threads going on at TOS right now
I'll be danged.
salim'sheadband

Post by salim'sheadband »

To piggyback off of what LWF said:

I post there a lot because enjoy the interaction with Scheer, Gershon, a few others. The thing that bothers me the most about TOS is that people will make threads with analysis or interesting points, that get maybe two or three responses. Someone makes a whole thread breaking down Player X's game . . . crickets. Then mental masturbation threads like "How about York_City tonight?!?!?!?" get 200. It's weird to me. There's a psychological phenomenon behind it that I don't understand.

I've said this before over there: People don't pay Scheer and Gershon for their opinions. They pay for the privilege of arguing with them. I just don't understand why people choose to pay for "insider" or whatever you want to call it information and then refuse to listen to the information those sources provide. It's like buying a newspaper and writing letters because you think the news is objectively incorrect. I can't think of a better analogy but maybe someone else will.

Oh yeah, and the incessant posting of the same topics. I mean I never felt like the one thread spanning five years was necessary like we had on the old site but they take it to a whole new level over there. Ex: Swanigan to MSU. Scheer starts a thread very obviously about that. Six hours later, another poster: "Swanigan to MSU." Twelve hours later: "Hey I don't know if anyone has seen this but . . . " And heaven forbid you say anything otherwise it's "Well I don't have 12 hours a day like you do to check the forums constantly!" No, but in the time you made that post you could have just seen what was on the forum.

The free forum is beyond bad. I tried it once and couldn't go back.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Premium Football board over there is good, but not nearly active as the premium basketball one. I have to stay away from the basketball one occasionally because of the posters. I love Gershon (Anyone know if he still plans on contributing as much with his promotion?), Scheer obviously, and Dukaru writes some good articles. Cody doesn't really do much or make many contributions.
gumby

Post by gumby »

salim'sheadband wrote:To piggyback off of what LWF said:

I post there a lot because enjoy the interaction with Scheer, Gershon, a few others. The thing that bothers me the most about TOS is that people will make threads with analysis or interesting points, that get maybe two or three responses. Someone makes a whole thread breaking down Player X's game . . . crickets. Then mental masturbation threads like "How about York_City tonight?!?!?!?" get 200. It's weird to me. There's a psychological phenomenon behind it that I don't understand.

I've said this before over there: People don't pay Scheer and Gershon for their opinions. They pay for the privilege of arguing with them. I just don't understand why people choose to pay for "insider" or whatever you want to call it information and then refuse to listen to the information those sources provide. It's like buying a newspaper and writing letters because you think the news is objectively incorrect. I can't think of a better analogy but maybe someone else will.

Oh yeah, and the incessant posting of the same topics. I mean I never felt like the one thread spanning five years was necessary like we had on the old site but they take it to a whole new level over there. Ex: Swanigan to MSU. Scheer starts a thread very obviously about that. Six hours later, another poster: "Swanigan to MSU." Twelve hours later: "Hey I don't know if anyone has seen this but . . . " And heaven forbid you say anything otherwise it's "Well I don't have 12 hours a day like you do to check the forums constantly!" No, but in the time you made that post you could have just seen what was on the forum.

The free forum is beyond bad. I tried it once and couldn't go back.
It's an apt analogy, and I don't get it either. But it's a very real phenomenon. I live it daily. "Why don't you print the 'true facts?' "
Merkin

Dear Abby, color me confused.

Post by Merkin »

Shouldn't Cattracks (aka Scout) be TOOS?

If I read the first post correctly, Goazcats is TOS.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Even behind the curtain at Scout, the average poster is beyond awful...I mean some of the discussions on there are bad. I can only imagine what it is like at PGU.

Don't get me wrong, I have issues with idiots here too. But for some reason they are easily ignored...I mostly read at Scout, but really only a few solitary posters. The rest are unreadable.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Olsondogg wrote:Even behind the curtain at Scout, the average poster is beyond awful...I mean some of the discussions on there are bad. I can only imagine what it is like at PGU.

Don't get me wrong, I have issues with idiots here too. But for some reason they are easily ignored...I mostly read at Scout, but really only a few solitary posters. The rest are unreadable.
Elitist.
UAEebs86

Re: Dear Abby, color me confused.

Post by UAEebs86 »

Merkin wrote:Shouldn't Cattracks (aka Scout) be TOOS?

nTOS
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

azgreg wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:Even behind the curtain at Scout, the average poster is beyond awful...I mean some of the discussions on there are bad. I can only imagine what it is like at PGU.

Elitist.
Been called worse
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

True.

:D
Chicat

Re: Dear Abby, color me confused.

Post by Chicat »

Merkin wrote:Shouldn't Cattracks (aka Scout) be TOOS?

"The Other SiteS"
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

7 total threads on Modster on the first page of Scout premium. 4 started by Scheer and 3 started by Biggins. So what are you going to do when that's how Scout staff runs the board?
gumby

Post by gumby »

Makes it look more hopping.