Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Let's all come together to give the first 6 months of the most fucked up year of my lifetime a collective FUCK YOU. We've all been through a lot. Lots of different shit from lots of different perspectives. I post this not judging anyone else or saying anyone's experience is worse than someone else's, especially mine (as a still upper middle class privileged white man who still is gainfully employed).

Started out with a bang when my father returned home from Honduras gravely ill and basically stranded in Arizona. My wife is essentially suffering from PTSD from some of the shit she's had to deal with as a nurse during this pandemic. I've been locked in my house for 4 months and even as a not very social person it's killing me. Our dog is getting old and has a bad back. I just really got into hiking and truly appreciating the natural beauty of Tucson after 15 years and now it all just burned down. I haven't even addressed the anxiety and pain I feel when seeing the hell that POC have to endure and my own complicit past guilt. I can't even mention the fear I have of the election this fall. My brother, dad, mom, and myself might all be moving in the next 3 months. And to top it all off my mom was laid off today after 21 plus years at America West/US Airways/American Airlines.

Fuck this god damn forsaken hellscape of the last 6 months. I know we have other threads to talk about individual subjects and depression/anxiety. But I just wanted somewhere to send off the first half of this year.

FUCK FUCKING 2020.
Merkin

Re: 2020

Post by Merkin »

Only halfway through 2020 too.

A good read on 2020, make sure you click all the way through.

https://www.facebook.com/Komitet.Gosuda ... 878472479/" target="_blank
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I think he about covered it
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Don’t need another depressing thread.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

For all that already alarms us about 2020 - Australia on fire, Floods in China and Indonesia, and of course the coronavirus, resulting bad economy, and also the George Floyd tragedy, 2020 can also be thought of as the year of the Conspiracy Theory self-legitimizing itself. In no small part thanks to the wasteland Facebook has become. "Plandemic." Jeffrey Epstein. Bill Gates apparently hoarding a Covid cure. The Deep State. Clinton Body Count. Q-Anon. It goes on an on.

It's been in the works for a while thanks to people like Alex Jones, but from all the chaos of this year, Conspiracy Theories have really been used as an outlet to find their own mainstream presence among politicians and major media bullhorns.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

You all remember Chief no doubt
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

You mean Tatanka?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »