Breckenridge

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

scumdevils86

Breckenridge

Post by scumdevils86 »

Buddy and I are headed up there next weekend. I haven't been in about 7 years so I don't really remember what is good to do this time of year and most importantly...where to drink and eat. We'll have a condo with a grill so we'll make some steaks one day but other than that I have no plans.
UAdevil

Re: Breckenridge

Post by UAdevil »

Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I do remember going to the brewery last time because I just turned 21. Will definitely go back
gumby

Post by gumby »

Fun fact. Roger Ebert wrote a movie called Myra Breckenridge. Panned by most critics.
Right where I want to be.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I don't know, man, the French are ***holes.
gumby

Post by gumby »

gumby wrote:Fun fact. Roger Ebert wrote a movie called Myra Breckenridge. Panned by most critics.
This is incorrect. Apologies to all who were inconvenienced.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

gumby wrote:
gumby wrote:Fun fact. Roger Ebert wrote a movie called Myra Breckenridge. Panned by most critics.
Or tried to google it.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

azgreg wrote:
gumby wrote:
Or tried to google it.
Guilty.

Knew about "beyond the valley of the dolls" but was curious for sure.
gumby

Post by gumby »

It was Siskel, not Ebert.

No, that's not right either. If only we could delete!
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Movie was based upon a Gore Vidal book. Had Raquel Welch in it. Roger didn't write it, he may have written about it. Btw, the book/movie is Breckinridge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myra_Breck ... %28film%29

Myra Breckinridge is a 1970 American comedy film based on Gore Vidal's 1968 novel of the same name, the film was directed by Michael Sarne, with Raquel Welch in the title role. It also starred John Huston as Buck Loner, Mae West as Leticia Van Allen, Farrah Fawcett, Rex Reed, Roger Herren, and Roger C. Carmel. Tom Selleck made his film debut in a small role as one of Leticia's "studs". Theadora Van Runkle was costume designer for the film, but Edith Head designed West's costumes.

Like the novel, the picture follows the exploits of Myra Breckridge as she goes to Hollywood to turn it inside out: also in the story are a former Hollywood siren named Leticia and Myra's alter ego, Myron, who originally was a man before he became Myra.

The picture was controversial for its sexual explicitness (including acts like pegging), but unlike the novel, Myra Breckinridge received little to no critical praise and has been cited as one of the worst films ever made.

True story:

Filming was also laden with controversy, due to Michael Sarne being granted complete control over the project. Sarne quickly went over-budget due to his unorthodox techniques, which included spending up to seven hours at a time by himself, "thinking," leaving the cast to wait around on set for him to return so that filming could commence. Additionally, Sarne spent several days filming tables of food, for a dream sequence which, in addition to being non-essential to the plot, appears in the film for only a few seconds. After the failure of this film, he was never asked by American studios to direct another film again. When author Gore Vidal supposely learned that Sarne was working at a restaurant waiting tables, he said "a God does exist".
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
gumby

Post by gumby »

I'm beginning to think Roger didn't write it.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Oscar's. Amazing tacos. Good margaritas.