76ers Ask NBA To Delay Anti-Tanking Measures Until They Done

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Merkin

76ers Ask NBA To Delay Anti-Tanking Measures Until They Done

Post by Merkin »

Gotta love the NBA, right? Amirite?

http://deadspin.com/76ers-ask-nba-to-de ... socialflow

A couple weeks back, it was reported that the NBA was attempting to push through changes to its draft lottery system: a re-weighting of the odds that would discourage tanking. The Philadelphia 76ers would reportedly like the NBA to hold on a sec, because they're not finished being terrible.

The rough draft of this plan was met with opposition by 76ers management, which is in the midst of a multiseason rebuilding project that is dependent on a high pick next year. The 76ers, sources said, are hoping to get the NBA to delay the plan's implementation for at least a year because it would act as a de facto punishment while just playing by the rules that have been in place.
Longhorned

Re: 76ers Ask NBA To Delay Anti-Tanking Measures Until They

Post by Longhorned »

To:
City of Chicago

Longhorned

Dear Sirs,

It has come to my attention that it has come to your attention that a computer glitch has been crediting speeders ticketed on the Dan Ryan Expressway with Illinois state tax return refund checks, rather than charging them with a violation fee and placing a moving violation on their driving record. As a speeder, I have been depending on these checks to make a down payment on a Maserati. I was disheartened to hear that your correction to the system will take place immediately. I am writing to request that you please wait another year before enacting said change, so that I may complete my original plan of purchasing a Lamborghini as well. I thank you in advance for punishing only future lunatics, and not leaving me personally with the burden of your bright new ideas.

Sincerely,
Longhorned
Spaceman Spiff

Re: 76ers Ask NBA To Delay Anti-Tanking Measures Until They

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

****king NBA, just when the plan to acquire ultra talented big men with major body parts that are regularly breaking was falling into place.