Lakers

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Alieberman

Re: Lakers

Post by Alieberman »

It is truly amazing how he was forced to collapse (the 2nd time) because of a sore shoulder. Generally an injury to your shoulder doesn't effect your legs.

It's also worth noting that the all the techs were called because of LeBron's theatrics.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Big Cat is such a complete twat. He comes on ESPN1000 in Chicago every week and basically talks down to everyone like he's some sports media god, including guys who have been doing for years what he's just now copying.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

azgreg wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:40 am
This has to be one of the worst takes I've ever heard.

I love when "analysts" who look like the only competition they've ever been in was a cheeseburger eating competition go into Columbo mode.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I dislocated my shoulder once in a soccer game running into an opponent when neither of us was looking.

After a minute on one knee I got up, walked about 20 steps to our sideline, jostled my shoulder a little with a weird step and literally collapsed to the ground from the pain.

Big Cat would tell you of course that I was the biggest faker ever for that display if I had been playing against his team. Because he, like the rest of Barstool, are internet trolls come to life.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

It would be one thing if this was a freak thing... but this seems to happen to LeBron every single game. I honestly don't know how he isn't paralyzed by now
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Foul was called on LBJ wasn't it?
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

These 2 have a lot of history together
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

History? They are like BFFs
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

"We're going to take away everything else and make Lebron and AD beat us." - Phoenix coach during one of the last timeouts, i guess
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

UAEebs86 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:51 pm
So I imagine you're all upset about Kristaps Porzingis going to a club last night and not getting suspended right? That's way more dangerous than what LeBron did and still no suspension. Seems pretty consistent to me
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Must be nice to be on the team the Refs favor which allows you to not get thrown out for a Flagrant 2 on an obviously intentional and unnatural groin kick and then be awards 21 FTs, half of which had non-Suns Twitter wondering where the foul was:
But, yeah, allowing an impact player to not be ejected in the first few minutes of a playoff game and then gifting him about 10 extra FTs than he deserved couldnt be the league/ref bias I have discussed.

Had that been Draymond, he’s have been kicked out. But because it’s Davis on LeBron’s team already down in the series, he’s not only allowed to continue playing, he’s ludicrously helped by the refs all game long to bolster his impact.

Fuck all that and anyone who doesn’t see the game is fucking rigged.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Wait, the Lakers shot 31 FT's and the Sun's had 30? Somebody missed a memo.

AD stepped up big time and Schroder was outstanding. Lakers haven't been that good at home this year so they better come out focused.
Oh, and Chris Paul has something more than a contusion which is unfortunate.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

JMarkJohns wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:50 am Must be nice to be on the team the Refs favor which allows you to not get thrown out for a Flagrant 2 on an obviously intentional and unnatural groin kick and then be awards 21 FTs, half of which had non-Suns Twitter wondering where the foul was:
But, yeah, allowing an impact player to not be ejected in the first few minutes of a playoff game and then gifting him about 10 extra FTs than he deserved couldnt be the league/ref bias I have discussed.

Had that been Draymond, he’s have been kicked out. But because it’s Davis on LeBron’s team already down in the series, he’s not only allowed to continue playing, he’s ludicrously helped by the refs all game long to bolster his impact.

Fuck all that and anyone who doesn’t see the game is fucking rigged.
Right on cue...
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

If you're going to be mad that the refs and league favor marquee players when they are playing against the Suns, you should be equally as mad when they do the same thing against other teams you don't give a fuck about.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Non Suns fans-

Leave us alone!!!!!!! It sucks being a Suns fan. And it's right on point that the Suns have their best team in years, only to have to face the defending champs in round 1.... and then our HOF pg goes down in game 1.

Let us vent!!!!!!
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Alieberman wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:58 am Non Suns fans-

Leave us alone!!!!!!! It sucks being a Suns fan. And it's right on point that the Suns have their best team in years, only to have to face the defending champs in round 1.... and then our HOF pg goes down in game 1.

Let us vent!!!!!!
Then vent in the damn Suns thread. Is the pain that deep you need to use this one too?

And if I was a Suns fan I'd rather face the Lakers now when they are still WIP playing together because of the injuries instead of the later rounds. BTW, it's no day at the beach for the Lakers to face the second best team in league based on record like the Suns in the first round because of injuries.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

EastCoastCat wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:12 am

Let us vent!!!!!!
Then vent in the damn Suns thread. Is the pain that deep you need to use this one too?
Yes
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

EastCoastCat wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:12 am

Let us vent!!!!!!

And if I was a Suns fan I'd rather face the Lakers now when they are still WIP playing together because of the injuries instead of the later rounds. BTW, it's no day at the beach for the Lakers to face the second best team in league based on record like the Suns in the first round because of injuries.
These are good points. Facing the Lakers in the conference finals would be much worse because they'd have gelled and would obviously be playing championship level basketball. Right now they still look out of sorts which is good for the Suns obviously.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

If Chris Paul gets his arm back... I predict the winner of this series goes to the finals
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Is there any possibility Williams will keep CP home for treatment and fly him in late for game 4? That would give him five days of rest, which would be meaningful if the injury is a stinger.

The Lakers needed a ridiculous game from Schröder last night, and an off night on Suns shooting and foul trouble. And I really think the Suns suffered not just by the fact of One-Armed Paul and his reduced minutes, but trying to fold his unpredictability into the game flow. Along with that, the Lakers still needed a lot to go their way in order to be in a position for LeBron to take over and exploit the Paul-less Suns at the end.

So I'm curious about aiming for game 4, letting Paul heal instead of rushing his travel and trying to force him into game 3. The Suns are obviously good enough to even take game 3 without Paul if they game plan for it. If Paul can heal enough, Suns in 6, maybe 7. If not, and Booker somehow earns enough respect from the officials, I still wouldn't be surprised by Suns in 7.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Since it’s so obvious the league wants Lebron in the Finals, wouldn’t it make sense for the Lakers to win in 5 to ensure he doesn’t get tired or reinjured?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Chicat wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:47 am Since it’s so obvious the league wants Lebron in the Finals, wouldn’t it make sense for the Lakers to win in 5 to ensure he doesn’t get tired or reinjured?
No. They're worried about the other series going 7, which would give LeBron time off to break more covid protocols that they'd have to excuse him for.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Best performance by James and Davis all year. If they continue playing at that level they will be a tough out.
Ayton is just a beast. Shooting 82%!
Lakers shooting not so good still but their defense in the last 2 games have saved them.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

This is looking like a repeat of last year in that the Laker d shuts the other team down once the playoffs start. I almost felt sorry for the Suns last night until they brought Kaminsky in. Why do the Suns have this guy on their team? One of the most hated guys in AZ who is average as hell and you bring him to AZ.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

KCP is one of the Lakers' best perimeter defenders, and he supposedly strained a quad, so we'll see whether he can play and how effectively on Sunday. As for Frank the Tank, he's definitely hated in Tucson, but Phoenix is a different animal these days. You've got a certain amount of catering to ASU fans and tweaking UArizona fans (hence my media thread responding to the fat ugly guy at the Republic), and then you've got the rest of the population there which doesn't particularly care about either school and doesn't pay much attention to them. As a bit of an old-timer myself, IMO it's different in the 2020s than it was in the 60s, 70s, and 80s. Seems like a totally different city from when I lived there in the 70s. Tucson hasn't changed anywhere near as much, whether in appearance, culture, or attitude.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

TheCatInTheHat wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:45 am Tucson hasn't changed anywhere near as much, whether in appearance, culture, or attitude.
Wow, I went back to Tucson a few years back having not seen the place in 30 years and I had a different take. The city and especially the campus had changed dramatically...except for the mall green, old main and Lucky Wishbone on Campbell.😬
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

The east end of campus has changed a lot, as well as the downtown area, and there's a lot of residential sprawl. But, I think the midtown grid (such as it is) seems about the same, and the character and personality of Tucson seems more or less unchanged...at least from my perspective. It's still a big small town, maybe with somewhat limited vision sometimes, but with a pretty big heart, a lot of character, and a real sense of community. When I lived in Phoenix, it was pretty big, but it still had some of the vestiges and character of a smaller town. Long-time local TV personalities like Wallace and Ladmo, Legend City, the Suns at the funky old Coliseum, Monti's on Mill, the Phoenix Giants at Muni, a fairly small group of spring training teams, etc. Now, it's a real megalopolis, with the extensive freeway system and every pro sports team, and the population has tripled or quadrupled with a recent influx of people from wherever with no local ties or particular buy-in. It comes off to me as kind of cookie-cutter endlessly cloned development, with little sense of community and kind of a dystopian feel to it. If you blindfolded somebody, threw them in a car, then took it off, I'm not sure if they could tell if they were in Buckeye or east Mesa. So that's the distinction I was trying to make. Tucson is all about UArizona, but Phoenix is about their pro teams, ASU, UArizona, GCU, and whatever teams much of their recently arrived population used to root for before moving.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I don’t know what to tell those of you who refuse to believe the Lakers have an advantage with the refs.... Lebron is now allowed to pass the ball to himself right in front of 2 refs....
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

DA just grabbed by the neck and no call! This is hilarious
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

And yet Booker has 3 more fta's than the Lakers do
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

But the fix!
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Chicat wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 2:24 pmBut the fix!
I don't think the refs can decide who gets injured or not? Even they have limits on what they can control
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

I'll stick with my original prediction, Suns in 6. 2 starters out is tough to overcome
Last edited by 84Cat on Sun May 30, 2021 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

How did small market San Antonio win all those championships? I guess the fix is only against the Suns
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

84Cat wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 2:31 pm
How did small market San Antonio win all those championships? I guess the fix is only against the Suns
Don't get me started on San Antonio vs Suns.... Fuck Robert Horry!
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Donaghy admitted the Spurs Suns series was fixed.
-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Alieberman wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 2:29 pm
I don't think the refs can decide who gets injured or not? Even they have limits on what they can control
Gonna have to start fouling out Suns players in bunches.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I'm gonna give credit to the refs... they fucked up by not calling a flagrant against the Lakers earlier on Ayton... and they just fucked up again by not calling a flagrant against Suns on Lebron.

Their suck is evening out!
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Alieberman wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 2:29 pm
Damn Right! They gave AD an overly aggressive blow job and look what happened!
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Alieberman wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 2:39 pm
Don't get me started on San Antonio vs Suns.... Fuck Robert Horry!
That cocksucker single-handedly made me hate the Spurs for years.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

That AD injury is going to be a big factor. Groin injuries have a tendency to linger for quite a while.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

azgreg wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:38 pm That AD injury is going to be a big factor. Groin injuries have a tendency to linger for quite a while.
I see lots of Laker fans saying no way the Suns win with AD out there... quickly forgetting about how the CP3 injury changed this series...
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Alieberman wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:40 pm
azgreg wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:38 pm That AD injury is going to be a big factor. Groin injuries have a tendency to linger for quite a while.
I see lots of Laker fans saying no way the Suns win with AD out there... quickly forgetting about how the CP3 injury changed this series...
Please tell me you are not comparing AD to CP3. Just please.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

After adding CP3, the Suns went from 34-39 to 51-21 (+17)

After adding AD, the Lakers went from 37-45 to 52-19 (+15)

CP3 is just as important to the Suns as AD is to the Lakers
-JB
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

EastCoastCat wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 4:35 pm
Alieberman wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:40 pm
Please tell me you are not comparing AD to CP3. Just please.
You are right.... this Suns team.... the #2 seed in the west... is basically the same team that hasn't even made the playoffs in over a decade.... there wasn't 1 significant change to the team in the offseason....
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

You Suns fans are hilarious. Do you think you would have been a #2 seed if the Lakers had a healthy Lebron and AD plus the plethora of other injuries the Lakers have had including Kuzma and KCP?

Just enjoy your fortune and take advantage of a fortunate situation.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

EastCoastCat wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:28 pm You Suns fans are hilarious. Do you think you would have been a #2 seed if the Lakers had a healthy Lebron and AD plus the plethora of other injuries the Lakers have had including Kuzma and KCP?

Just enjoy your fortune and take advantage of a fortunate situation.
If healthy the Lakers should be the #1 seed.

And if CP3 was hurt all year, the Suns may have been in the play-in game.... what's your point?