2014 Season

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UAdevil

Re: 2014 Season

Post by UAdevil »

Lol @ New England. Wow.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

ouch, talk about an ass kicking
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Packers are waxing the Vikings.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Every Sunday, Monday, and Thursday night showcase game has been a total shit show.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

The NFL needs a mercy rule.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Damn Bears
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

The Browns were down 28-3 to the Titans and won.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

PieceOfMeat wrote:Damn Bears
Same old Bears.

So frustrating
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

I like this. Enough buddy/buddy time.
No shirt for you: Steelers' Mike Tomlin bans jersey-swapping
The jersey that Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown wore last Sunday hangs in the locker of Tommy Streeter, who is on the Jacksonville Jaguars’ practice squad.

Brown autographed the jersey and gave it to Streeter, a childhood friend, after the Steelers’ 17-9 win at Jacksonville.

Pittsburg Steelers receiver Antonio Brown signed the jersey he wore in last Sunday's game against Jacksonville and gave it to his childhood friend, Jaguars practice squad player Tommy Streeter.
It will apparently be the last Steelers jersey Brown gives to an opposing player following a game – at least on the field.

“Jersey switching has been banned by the Steelers,” Brown said on Wednesday. “Coach [Mike Tomlin] doesn’t want us doing it anymore.”

The edict Tomlin handed down Tuesday apparently stems from his wanting players to be more discreet if they exchange jerseys – or not to do it at all.

In addition to Brown giving his jersey to Streeter -- the two played little league football growing up together in Miami -- Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell and Jaguars running back Denard Robinson exchanged jerseys after the game.

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said he has no problem with Tomlin putting the kibosh on players swapping or giving their jerseys to an opposing player right after a game.

“I’ve been asked a couple of times by guys, but if its someone that I really might exchange jerseys with, then we’ll do it off the beaten path, not in the middle of the field,” Roethlisberger told ESPN.com. “If I was lucky enough to play against Peyton Manning in his last game, I might try and get it, but that’s a different story. I’m sure everyone would try and get that.”

Brown traded jerseys with Detroit All-Pro wide receiver Calvin Johnson last November after the Steelers beat the Lions 37-27 at Heinz Field, and it is something he has done several times.

But Brown said he understands the message Tomlin is trying to send by prohibiting the swap of jerseys right after a game.

“We want a point of emphasis on winning games. We’re not here to trade apparel,” Brown said. “It’s the right way to do it.”
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_ ... y-swapping
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Rot in prison scum
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Another Thursday night blowout.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

texans just got fucked without lube by the refs on a PI call with just over 9 minutes left in the game.

ref from way behind the play throws the flag, complete bull shit

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

PieceOfMeat wrote:texans just got fucked without lube by the refs on a PI call with just over 9 minutes left in the game.

ref from way behind the play throws the flag, complete bull shit
Yep.

I just realized EMFM isn't on the Texans anymore-he's on the Dolphins. Just Brooks now.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Kind of amusing to watch a team shoot themselves in the foot like the Texans did.

I wonder if that's how fans of other teams feel when watching the Bears play.

I like being on this side of it better than being on the side of the team it's happening to.

UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Well we already knew Burfict was dirty, but now there's this:

Panthers TE Greg Olsen: NFL should suspend Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... ze-burfict
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

not surprising.

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Rams wearing throwbacks tonight.

P.S. Just had a nice piece on Maurice Alexander on the Monday Night Countdown show. Kid from Utah St. Cool story.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

My Chicago Bears are the most frustrating team ever to watch. No idea how they are going to get play week to week
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

The 49ers seem to struggle with any team whose defense has a pulse.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

And right after I say that they bust a long one. :lol:
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAdevil wrote:Well we already knew Burfict was dirty, but now there's this:

Vontaze being Vontaze

AKA- A total piece of crap.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Chicat wrote:

Vontaze being Vontaze

And with the fine handed down....it's just the NFL being the NFL.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
Chicat wrote:

Vontaze being Vontaze

And with the fine handed down....it's just the NFL being the NFL.
Someone should have accused him of smoking a joint.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Chicat wrote:Someone should have accused him of smoking a joint.
Yeah.

If the Bears keep playing this piss poorly at home, a lot of us fans are going to be in need of some medical relaxation.

F You Jay Intler. and F you bears management for paying him that much for that long.

::::

I remember when the Bears used to have a defense.

This team is years away from being able to compete for anything important. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh jay Fumbler

And if it isnt jay f'ing up, it's someone else on the team. sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh rosario

Maybe next year the Bears will do something. they're done this year.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Going to Bears games is no longer fun.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Chicat wrote:Going to Bears games is no longer fun.
how loud were the boos at the end of the game?

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

There weren't a ton of people booing, but it wasn't like there was a ton of cheering to drown them out.

The issue for fans is when it looks like the effort just isn't there from the coaching staff. They know the players are giving 100% but when you see them run the same up the middle running play for no gain time after time, and you know that at some point Forte is going to get hurt on just such a play, it's infuriating. If they don't have the confidence in Cutler to let him make plays and win the game from the opening whistle, then why did they sign him to that huge deal? If Trestman is such an offensive genius that he had to be plucked from Canada (where he will likely be hanging out again in a couple of years), then where is the innovation? The defense is too old and too banged up to win the game by the themselves any more. It has to be the offense, which by the way, has all of the talent.

Frankly, I'm not surprised that there were boos. I felt like booing myself. And in fact, I did boo when they wasted 40 seconds to call that timeout. That kind of shit reminds me of Stoops. In fact, I'm getting a serious Stoops/Canales vibe from this team, minus the idiotic, red-faced tirades on the sidelines of course.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Chicat wrote:There weren't a ton of people booing, but it wasn't like there was a ton of cheering to drown them out.

The issue for fans is when it looks like the effort just isn't there from the coaching staff. They know the players are giving 100% but when you see them run the same up the middle running play for no gain time after time, and you know that at some point Forte is going to get hurt on just such a play, it's infuriating. If they don't have the confidence in Cutler to let him make plays and win the game from the opening whistle, then why did they sign him to that huge deal? If Trestman is such an offensive genius that he had to be plucked from Canada (where he will likely be hanging out again in a couple of years), then where is the innovation? The defense is too old and too banged up to win the game by the themselves any more. It has to be the offense, which by the way, has all of the talent.

Frankly, I'm not surprised that there were boos. I felt like booing myself. And in fact, I did boo when they wasted 40 seconds to call that timeout. That kind of shit reminds me of Stoops. In fact, I'm getting a serious Stoops/Canales vibe from this team, minus the idiotic, red-faced tirades on the sidelines of course.
trestman sure does seem to love that WR screen call doesn't he. So frustrating to see play calling feels like it is 90% reliant upon YAC (and not just 1 or 2 YAC, but 8 or 9).

I think the longer he coaches, the more obvious it will become that there was a reason nobody offered him the head coaching gig in the NFL before the bears did.

I thought the cutler signing was a huge mistake at the time, and I've seen nothing that shows otherwise. Plus, like you point out, feels like they can't trust him to win the game from the get go.

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

Chicago is getting Gronked.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat wrote:Going to Bears games is no longer fun.

Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

It is very hard to watch an interview with Cam Newton. Comes off as so fake of an individual.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

That douchebag DC for the Raiders. He has face paint on...
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

So, after 9 games the 2 best records in the NFC belong to Arizona and Detroit. smh
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

I should just stop watching Bears games so long as Cutler is the QB.

Sigh.

Fucking bears management for signing this clown to that deal in the offseason.
and for signing trestman. talk about a coach who is in WAY over his head.

not to mention the defense. or lack thereof

Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

PieceOfMeat wrote:I should just stop watching Bears games so long as Cutler is the QB.

Sigh.

I am disgusted.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Alieberman wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:I should just stop watching Bears games so long as Cutler is the QB.

Sigh.

I am disgusted.
it starts at the top. and the owners won't ever change for the better until fans start showing their disgust with their wallets.

sigh.

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Does Trestman make it to the end of the year?

I'd fire his ass at half time.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Lovie went 10-6 in his last season. Trestman was supposed to be an improvement? I think they obviously misread that one in a big way.

But the Cutler extension is an unforgivable fuck up. He never was and never will be a championship caliber QB. Everyone knew that and the Bears front office decided to double down on their original mistake by signing him to that ridiculous deal. It may very well be the catalyst for a decade of futility.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

42-0 at half time.

at fucking half time.

just get on the bus, forfeit the game.

Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Trestman should be fired at halftime. The entire team should be fired. This is a whoop a$$ing.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Chicat wrote:Lovie went 10-6 in his last season. Trestman was supposed to be an improvement? I think they obviously misread that one in a big way.
I wasn't even that much of a Lovie fan, felt he really fucked up a few crucial times in his tenure....but I don't know if the Bears could have hired someone WORSE than Trestman to come in.

sigh.
Chicat wrote: But the Cutler extension is an unforgivable fuck up. He never was and never will be a championship caliber QB. Everyone knew that and the Bears front office decided to double down on their original mistake by signing him to that ridiculous deal. It may very well be the catalyst for a decade of futility.
Yet the Bears front office laughs all the way to the bank. Waiting lists for seasons tickets, etc.

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Cardinals need a QB right?

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:Yet the Bears front office laughs all the way to the bank. Waiting lists for seasons tickets, etc.
With the Bears, economics are not a driver so the season tickets situation isn't going to change anything. It's more a factor of pride. I've never seen an organization so willing to die alongside their bad decisions. Every front office makes mistakes, but the Bears will keep trotting those mistakes out there year after year. Other teams cut ties and move on.

The Bears have a misguided sense of their ability to coach guys up and then give second contracts to under-performers based on where they were drafted and their "potential". It's like every guy they draft is the next great Chicago Bear. They need to get out of that mentality and run with the guys who give them the best chance to win the next game.
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Carson out for the rest of the year. Confirmed the torn ACL. Too bad
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion