Baseball and softball returning to the Olympics?

Futbol/Soccer, Golf, Cricket, Motor Sports, or anything else

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Merkin

Baseball and softball returning to the Olympics?

Post by Merkin »

RichardCranium

Re: Baseball and softball returning to the Olympics?

Post by RichardCranium »

That is a pretty good list for expansion. Of the candidates that didn't get a mention, I would think that 'flying disk' would be the only other 'world' sport. Certainly bowls and netball are really only played at a high level in ex-UK empire countries - Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica. They just played the Netball World Cup in Australia (Oz beat NZ, of course), and they really had to struggle to fill out the field. It did give some of the African countries a 'feel good' experience though. Is Lawn Bowls actually played anywhere other than Oz, NZ, UK, and SithEfrika? Even Croquet is wider spread than that - the Egyptians are wicked good at golf croquet - and Croquet refuses to apply even to the Commonwealth Games due to lack of wide spread participation.

The other sports, I just don't see the international profile for - but what do I know. Korfball in the olympics, really? Chess? OK, I won't argue whether it is a sport or not, but it doesn't fit my idea of the Olympics. Why not 'Spelling Bee' or 'Jeopardy'? They have Equestrian in the Olympics, why not Dog Show?
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.