Re: Damion Lee

Post by FightWildcatsFight »

Merkin wrote:Image
Any publicity is good publicity, right?
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
We have a coach that doesn't look like a melted version of his former self, a coach who can have sex for more than 15 seconds, our roster hole wasn't created by a sexual assault allegation, we have actually produced NBA players recently (where did you go, Peyton Siva) and we generally recruit better than the Ville.

You don't have to worry about the football coach trying to steal your girl. You don't have to eat KFC or Papa Johns. Nike 》adidas. Less grass.
:lol:

Wow.

That is a great fucking post. Still chuckling.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

KaibabKat wrote:Should have been pretty easy to see this one coming from a mile away - if you look at it from Lee's point of view. What could Arizona offer that Louisville could not? What could Louisville offer that Arizona could not? Facilities? Exposure on TV and to scouts? Reputation of HC getting players to the NBA? Just where does anyone suppose that Arizona truly had an advantage?
Have you ever BEEN to Louisville, Kentucky? Obviously not.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

My family's from Louisville. What the hell's your point?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I love Louisville. Beautiful country, beautiful campus.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

Chicat wrote:I love Louisville. Beautiful country, beautiful campus.
I saw the Grateful Dead play in Louisville. My mother's side is from Lexington (only seen Lexington once when I was very young). I think Kentucky overall is a beautiful state, and it isn't as cold as further north. I can see why someone could fall in love with the area. After all it does have grass. Plus Louisville is a fairly big city where they bleed college sports (like Tucson). I would never blame anyone for choosing Louisville to play basketball.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Who in their right mind would?

So much green, so relaxed, so much down-home there. For decades, native Pee Wee Reese ran a bowling alley my uncle always used to go to before he passed on last year.

Muhammad Ali and Johnny Unitas from there as well. And of course Churchill Downs.

One of America's richest sports regions outside of Ohio. And some posters here actually wonder why Lee would want to finish his college experience there?

Go out and see the world, please. There's a helluva lot more to it than Tucson.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I like Louisville. Nice book stores, beer stores (as opposed to liquor stores), restaurants, and it's the home of the famous Hot Brown sandwich:

If you ever get a chance, stay at the Brown Hotel:

Puerco

Post by Puerco »

catgrad97 wrote:Who in their right mind would?

So much green, so relaxed, so much down-home there. For decades, native Pee Wee Reese ran a bowling alley my uncle always used to go to before he passed on last year.

Muhammad Ali and Johnny Unitas from there as well. And of course Churchill Downs.

One of America's richest sports regions outside of Ohio. And some posters here actually wonder why Lee would want to finish his college experience there?

I'm happy that you have such lovely feelings toward that part of the country. Let's just say our tastes differ. Southern Indiana, Kentucky, and West Virginia have some pros, but none of them would be high on my list of places to settle down. You may not agree, and that's perfectly fine, but please allow me to have my own opinions.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Puerco wrote:

I'm happy that you have such lovely feelings toward that part of the country. Let's just say our tastes differ. Southern Indiana, Kentucky, and West Virginia have some pros, but none of them would be high on my list of places to settle down. You may not agree, and that's perfectly fine, but please allow me to have my own opinions.
"Have you been to Louisville?" is less an expression of opinion and more an expression that anyone who has seen what you have shares your opinion. Disputing that is not stifling your opinion but instead countering it.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
thenewazcats

Post by thenewazcats »

I love Pitino as a basketball coach but he's an adulterer who writes books about his leadership vision. I don't think I'm being unfair calling him kind of a douche.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Chicat wrote:
Puerco wrote:

"Have you been to Louisville?" is less an expression of opinion and more an expression that anyone who has seen what you have shares your opinion. Disputing that is not stifling your opinion but instead countering it.
As is this... 'Go out and see the world, please. There's a helluva lot more to it than Tucson.' But it's all cool. I'm just not a big fan of that part of the world: Roanoke through to Carbondale.

EDIT: It's probably worth saying that I'd move to Louisville well before I ever moved to Lawrence.
FightWildcatsFight

Post by FightWildcatsFight »

az91

Post by az91 »

Sucks to be him. He should have gone here instead and been in the tournament.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

And he wouldn't have had to rely on Louisville hiring hookers to get laid
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Not a good year for kids who had Arizona in their final schools and went elsewhere. One year self-imposed postseason ban for all that? LMAO..... Need a little more than that. They tryin to be smart here.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:Not a good year for kids who had Arizona in their final schools and went elsewhere. One year self-imposed postseason ban for all that? LMAO..... Need a little more than that. They tryin to be smart here.
It reeks of trying to stave off a bigtime smackdown by self imposing a fairly minimal thing. It also smells sleazy, in that it screws the current players but allows them to tell incoming recruits that they won't play under sanctions.