Josh Jackson

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dmjcat

Re: Josh Jackson

Post by dmjcat »

Josh Jackson article:

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf ... ckson.html" target="_blank

It being a hometown, it was definitely one of my favorites," Jackson said. "I'm leaning towards Michigan State and Arizona and a couple of other schools, but I think Michigan State's a real nice place. Love coach Izzo, I think he's one of the best college basketball coaches there is right now.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

dmjcat wrote:Josh Jackson article:

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf ... ckson.html" target="_blank

It being a hometown, it was definitely one of my favorites," Jackson said. "I'm leaning towards Michigan State and Arizona and a couple of other schools, but I think Michigan State's a real nice place. Love coach Izzo, I think he's one of the best college basketball coaches there is right now.

"I'm leaning towards Michigan State and Arizona and a

Horse race going down to the wire eh ;)

The 6-foot-6 Jackson also had nice things to say about Arizona and Sean Miller, who coached him on a USA Basketball team, saying “I could definitely see myself playing there.”

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/colle ... /73384848/" target="_blank
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I like this quote from an earlier interview:

I love the hot weather, coming from Michigan where it snows all the time.

I grew up in MI, and have to say it has pretty horrible weather, unless you do like the 4 seasons, which are extreme in each one.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

i can't remember, is JJ confirmed for an official during red-blue weekend? the campus atmosphere will be so much better with students around in session. too bad there's no football game scheduled to give him a preview of the 'zoo.
A1RZONA

Post by A1RZONA »

dirtbags wrote:i can't remember, is JJ confirmed for an official during red-blue weekend? the campus atmosphere will be so much better with students around in session. too bad there's no football game scheduled to give him a preview of the 'zoo.
Don't believe he has set a visit yet. Here are some from 247. Looks like Lauri will be there for red/blue. Lightfoot this weekend.

October 16, 2015
Official Visit:
Lauri Markkanen official visit to Arizona Wildcats

October 10, 2015
Official Visit:
Mitch Lightfoot official visit to Arizona Wildcats
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Merkin wrote:I like this quote from an earlier interview:

I grew up in MI, and have to say it has pretty horrible weather, unless you do like the 4 seasons, which are extreme in each one.
I can securely affirm that "the 4 seasons" conceals campus talent from October through April, and undermines the motive to develop and live up to that talent. It's one thing to live with that when you're old like me, and another thing when you're an 18-year-old basketball player and they're all lining up for some time with you.

EOCT

Post by EOCT »

Longhorned wrote:

I can securely affirm that "the 4 seasons" conceals campus talent from October through April, and undermines the motive to develop and live up to that talent. It's one thing to live with that when you're old like me, and another thing when you're an 18-year-old basketball player and they're all lining up for some time with you.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Prof. Longhorned, your talents are valuable in teaching Art History; but I hope you know you would make millions in marketing management.
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

EOCT wrote:
Longhorned wrote:

Brilliant!

Prof. Longhorned, your talents are valuable in teaching Art History; but I hope you know you would make millions in marketing management.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

A few layers of skin will be lost at Arizona between the tail and all the fapping in between.
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

Josh has commented many times about his wish and need to improve ball handling and shooting. He's also stated many times he's looking for a coach who will "push me toward my potential."

Does it strike anyone that Coach Sean Miller's demonstrated coaching approach nails each of these issues which Josh recognizes as critical to player development?

Does it seem like Michigan State could make enough floor time for Josh to develop in areas needing improvement when the other contenders are Bridges, Langford, Winston, and Ward?

Does it seem the logic of joining Arizona is becoming clear?

Then there's that weather difference between Lansing, Mich., and Tucson? And the implications Prof. Longhorned alludes to so subtly?

I can't wait for Josh's apparently upcoming visit so he can reinforce his already positive feeling about Coach, Tucson, our new facilities; and most important, the skill and family characteristics of our terrific players.
Last edited by EOCT on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Imagine this lineup:

PJC
Trier
Smith
JJ
Ristic

Bench: Pitts, Allen, Simon, A Jones, Lauri
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Izzo checks all those boxes too. Can't blame the kid if he chooses MSU. Only thing we have on them is the weather and possibly JJ's relationship with CSM.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

females, facilities
A1RZONA

Post by A1RZONA »

84Cat wrote:Izzo checks all those boxes too. Can't blame the kid if he chooses MSU. Only thing we have on them is the weather and possibly JJ's relationship with CSM.
unfortunately izzo also holds a natty and 7 final fours....
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

rgdeuce wrote:A few layers of skin will be lost at Arizona between the tail and all the fapping in between.
Aww, rgd, now you're going all onomatopoeic on us. :)
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Not current, but you get the idea.

ARIZONA
Brandon Ashley Dallas Mavericks PF
Jerryd Bayless (19) Milwaukee Bucks PG
Chase Budinger (10) Indiana Pacers SF
Channing Frye (8) Orlando Magic C
Aaron Gordon (00) Orlando Magic PF
Jordan Hill (27) Indiana Pacers PF
Solomon Hill (44) Indiana Pacers SF
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (24) Brooklyn Nets SF
Andre Iguodala (9) Golden State Warriors SG
Richard Jefferson (24) Cleveland Cavaliers SF
Grant Jerrett (17) Utah Jazz PF
Nick Johnson (13) Denver Nuggets SG
Stanley Johnson (3) Detroit Pistons SF
T.J. McConnell (12) Philadelphia 76ers PG
Jason Terry (31) Houston Rockets SG
Derrick Williams New York Knicks PF

MICHIGAN STATE
Alan Anderson (6) Washington Wizards SG
Keith Appling (15) Orlando Magic PG
Branden Dawson (22) Los Angeles Clippers SF
Draymond Green (23) Golden State Warriors SF
Gary Harris (14) Denver Nuggets SG
Adreian Payne (3) Minnesota Timberwolves PF
Zach Randolph (50) Memphis Grizzlies PF
Travis Trice New York Knicks PG
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

A1RZONA wrote:
84Cat wrote:Izzo checks all those boxes too. Can't blame the kid if he chooses MSU. Only thing we have on them is the weather and possibly JJ's relationship with CSM.
unfortunately izzo also holds a natty and 7 final fours....

Spartans feeling good

"Me and Miles are real good friends," Jackson said. "Him going to Michigan State, I think it was a great decision for him. I think they really fit his style of play -- and also mine. Their point guard they got for the class of 2016, Cassius Winston, I've been knowing him since I was about eight years old. I got a real good relationship with the guys over at Michigan State. A lot of the players are from Michigan as well, so I know a couple of the players. I feel real comfortable with Michigan State."

Read more: http://en.yibada.com/articles/73061/201 ... z3oYOrqeKU" target="_blank

http://en.yibada.com/articles/73061/201 ... e-best.htm" target="_blank
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Analysis and Highlights: Josh Jackson
Josh Gershon
Yesterday at 5:45 AM

Oct. 18 -- Scout's number two 2016 prospect, Josh Jackson, was one of the top performers at USA Basketball's Junior National Minicamp. Here are highlights and analysis of the five-star Napa (Calif.) Prolific Prep small forward from the event...

Analysis: Josh Jackson was arguably the top performer in Colorado Springs. The 6-foot-7 small forward is a freak athlete who, defensively, will be able to guard most positions on the court at the college level. He's a competitive kid who has an elite approach to the game on the defensive end he brought that mentality to this event. Jackson's talent on defense don't just apply to on the ball, but he also plays the passing lanes well and is a terrific out of area rebounder for the position.

Offensively, Jackson's physical gifts and motor make him a tough player to stop in transition, as he gets down the court quickly and makes it easy for teammates passing up court. The lack of ball pressure in transition makes driving to the basket easier, but he also has impressive vision and is an unselfish player who did a good job finding open teammates. He scores on the offensive glass and has pretty good touch so he finishes well around the rim.

While he'll ultimately need to improve his handle, it's adequate at this stage of his development. Jackson has improved his jumper and hit some difficult step-backs from deep in midrange, but that will be another place for him to improve for him to hit his ceiling. These are the two areas of his game which will determine his ultimate success as a player.

Nothing that happened at this event would make Scout second guess its choice for Jackson as its number two prospect in 2016. His elite physical gifts, competitive spirit and motor give him an extremely high floor on defense, and his handle and jumper have both made steady progress over the last three years, giving hope for the future.

Recruiting: The three teams to beat for Jackson, according to sources, are Arizona, Kansas and Michigan State. He's also considering Maryland and UCLA.
http://www.scout.com/college/ucla/story ... sh-jackson" target="_blank
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

He'll make whichever program he chooses very happy, but in truth, we're going to be fine in '16 with or without him.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

dirtbags wrote:i don't know anything about the "amerileague", but saw recently that they've allocated something like $1.25M of seed money towards recruiting McD AAs and elite prospects like JJ into their league:
story: Vegas Semipro League to Target 2016 High School Stars Like Josh Jackson
Well, so much for that....

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/ ... fake-lines" target="_blank
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Chicat wrote:
dirtbags wrote:i don't know anything about the "amerileague", but saw recently that they've allocated something like $1.25M of seed money towards recruiting McD AAs and elite prospects like JJ into their league:

I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you... That somehow in his Las Vegas, felonious, basketball stew that Ace has yet been linked. Always tomorrow. My guess is this con artist once bought Ace's home, and maybe provided the funds for them to hire strippers to model PGU swag.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Oh no, not Hot Sauce!
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Amerileague seamed bizarre even before this happened. I was looking at their website a couple weeks back and was like, WTF?
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

JMarkJohns wrote:
Chicat wrote:

I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you... That somehow in his Las Vegas, felonious, basketball stew that Ace has yet been linked. Always tomorrow. My guess is this con artist once bought Ace's home, and maybe provided the funds for them to hire strippers to model PGU swag.

!!!!
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

That third ref in line to shake his hand was thinking that one day he'll bore the shit out of everyone in the neighborhood about that time he reffed Josh Jackson's high school game and how he knew way back then that he'd be special.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

EOCT wrote:
Longhorned wrote:

Those girls are in their early 40's by now aren't they. That photo is ancient. Gonna need to see some recent evidence that UA has attractive girls because all I can find is this:

"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

enfuego wrote:
EOCT wrote:
Longhorned wrote:

Those girls are in their early 40's by now aren't they. That photo is ancient. Gonna need to see some recent evidence that UA has attractive girls because all I can find is this:

Really? That photo is like maybe 5 years old. You're truly just trolling now.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

What's your point, enfuego? That's my sister on the right.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Every college has hot girls man. You're dumb if you think Arizona doesn't have hot chicks.

Either way in regards to this thread I hear from a reliable source that Josh Jackson is a perfect fit. I like perfect fits.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Trying to imagine where he wouldn't be a perfect fit. Cleveland Cavaliers?
Right where I want to be.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

gumby wrote:Trying to imagine where he wouldn't be a perfect fit. Cleveland Cavaliers?
Maryland, Kansas, Michigan State, Duke, Kentucky, any other school not named The University of Arizona, etc...

Oh, and Enfuego....

gumby

Post by gumby »

Chicat wrote:
gumby wrote:Trying to imagine where he wouldn't be a perfect fit. Cleveland Cavaliers?
Maryland, Kansas, Michigan State, Duke, Kentucky, any other school not named The University of Arizona, etc...
True. Very specific talent. My bad.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Alpha Phi is probably the fourth best looking sorority at the U. Cannot get over how young college kids look to me these days.
gumby

Post by gumby »

rgdeuce wrote:Alpha Phi is probably the fourth best looking sorority at the U. Cannot get over how young college kids look to me these days.
Even lower back in my day. Nice comeback, girls.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

In my day (2004-2008) alpha phi was top 2-3 in hotness.

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

In my day (1997-01), it was DG, Theta, and Pi Phi. Gamma Phi was good too.

Loving that the JJ thread has taken a turn to sorority row.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

ASUHATER! wrote:In my day (2004-2008) alpha phi was top 2-3 in hotness.
We overlapped several years. I remember Kappa Kappa Gamma (marginally, carried by their best girls), Theta, Pi Phi, and Delta Gamma all being better. So I'd have them 5th.

Derailed Josh Jackson thread.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Josh Jackson, Alpha (Dog)
gumby

Post by gumby »

rgdeuce wrote:
We overlapped several years. I remember Kappa Kappa Gamma (marginally, carried by their best girls), Theta, Pi Phi, and Delta Gamma all being better. So I'd have them 5th.

Same, and I'm older than Merkin! Toss in Gamma Phi and AD Pi ahead of Alpha Phi, too. My squeeze was KKG.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

gumby wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:

Same, and I'm older than Merkin! Toss in Gamma Phi and AD Pi ahead of Alpha Phi, too. My squeeze was KKG.
In my day ad pi was known as the Arizona dog pound...it was 2nd to last only ahead of tri delt

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

If you haven't got a date by eight, Tri Delta!
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Forgot about Kappa. They were good too.

Anyway, so back to JJ...
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Back to JJ! Do you think the winner of the possible Cats and Spartans game pull ahead land JJ?
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

rgdeuce wrote:

I was a decade + ahead of you, and the Alpha Phi's must have made a dramatic move, because they were definitely in the "those not receiving votes" category. (Of course there were a few hotties in every one).

Way back when it was KKG, Gamma Phi, DG, Pi Phi, and Theta. Order of those five was debatable... But there was a big drop-off to #6.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Harvey Specter wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:

I was a decade + ahead of you, and the Alpha Phi's must have made a dramatic move, because they were definitely in the "those not receiving votes" category. (Of course there were a few hotties in every one).

Way back when it was KKG, Gamma Phi, DG, Pi Phi, and Theta. Order of those five was debatable... But there was a big drop-off to #6.
Replace kkg with alpha phi and that's how it was for my time. Although the hottest individual girl I ever saw at the ua was in kkg.

Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Main Event wrote:
wow :shock:
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

The Wiggins comparison is spot-on.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

what a player
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

97cats wrote:what a player
...who loves pool parties?

Want like I wanted Thornton, and I didn't get that wish, so I am due one...