Enfuego

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UAdevil

Enfuego

Post by UAdevil »

So. How long until Enfuego shows up and should I permaban him if he does?
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
ASUHATER!

Re: Enfuego

Post by ASUHATER! »

nah i think he's hilarious. besides it's good to have him around since anything he posts...the opposite comes true. provides some comedy.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Can you, 1. Keep him from starting threads? And 2. Can you limit him to 3 posts a day?

If so, give him a shot. If not, let him sit in the awaiting cache.
4Life

Post by 4Life »

I enjoy the banter as well...

and second the notion that he shouldn't be able to create threads
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Personally, I feel that if this is done correctly, nobody is excluded and nobody is ignored.

If people are to be banned from the site, it comes down to a vote. A simple 60% gets you booted.

That's my 2 cents....
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

As long as there aren't personal attacks I'm good with anybody.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

azgreg wrote:As long as there aren't personal attacks I'm good with anybody.
Listen you SOB, if someone calls you an SOB, put it to a vote and ban that SOB
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Olsondogg wrote:
azgreg wrote:As long as there aren't personal attacks I'm good with anybody.
Listen you SOB, if someone calls you an SOB, put it to a vote and ban that SOB
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I fully want enfuego having full reign in Arch Rivals.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

He has been a bit of a good luck charm for the Cats.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I like enfuego. He's like the fattest kid at fat camp. You have to have someone to point and laugh at.

Only time I'm going to vote for a ban is if a poster goes out of their way to disrupt the board. Like when KyleCollins went for days and days posting the same attacks and ruining threads. He deserved to be banned and the admin wouldn't do so (and then lied and said he would be banned if we signed up for premium, yadda yadda yadda). Or anything overtly racist or disgusting (like some of WeakSauce's anti-Black and anti-Gay "jokes")

I agree on allowing ban polls and sticking to them. This has to be a community. Even if some people will never vote for banishment, if everyone else feels like a poster is so disruptive that they need to be gone, then so be it. Also, if you can do stealth bans, that would be great. TOS (the OLD site) had that option where people could post but no one could see what they wrote so it was like everyone had them on ignore and eventually they would slink away. I think that was the case with one poster way back in the day but I can't remember who.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I do see a section in the user control panel to designate friends or foes. Maybe that is the analogous ignore function?
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

One thing I think we'll like about this software ia the 'friends' and 'foes' feature when you look at a user's profile. Adding friends and creating user groups could be fun and adding someone as a foe basically hides all posts from that person.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

From the user panel.

"Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators."

Thats cool. I'm still in like early 2000's, what would a user group allow us to do? I hope it wouldn't cause our co-op to become animal farm with some users being more equal than others.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Chicat wrote:I like enfuego. He's like the fattest kid at fat camp. You have to have someone to point and laugh at.

Only time I'm going to vote for a ban is if a poster goes out of their way to disrupt the board. Like when KyleCollins went for days and days posting the same attacks and ruining threads. He deserved to be banned and the admin wouldn't do so (and then lied and said he would be banned if we signed up for premium, yadda yadda yadda). Or anything overtly racist or disgusting (like some of WeakSauce's anti-Black and anti-Gay "jokes")

I agree on allowing ban polls and sticking to them. This has to be a community. Even if some people will never vote for banishment, if everyone else feels like a poster is so disruptive that they need to be gone, then so be it. Also, if you can do stealth bans, that would be great. TOS (the OLD site) had that option where people could post but no one could see what they wrote so it was like everyone had them on ignore and eventually they would slink away. I think that was the case with one poster way back in the day but I can't remember who.
Wasn't that Jessie? Gershon executed that experiential condemnation of memory.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Yes, good call. But it fell flat because The Jethie didn't read any posts other than his own anyway so he probably couldn't tell if people were ignoring him or not.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

OK so maybe Jessie can't be allowed here.

Percy will register through some kind of wire in his pants.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Chicat wrote:I like enfuego. He's like the fattest kid at fat camp. You have to have someone to point and laugh at.

Yeah, after last football season I pretty much had to delete any of the crap kyle posted on the PT board. He was becoming as bad as killervibe, only for weeks on end. It was getting to where you'd talk about anything with another poster on the football boards and he'd chime in with, "Why should you, when everyone in here is immature/vile/attacking/and the mods/admin don't do anything about it."

Beyond ridiculous, and it became clear after a month that it was never going to stop from him.

HSP reportedly 'likes' the new upgrade over there. It's all his. I agree that we need to be a lot swifter on the ban hammer--and we will, as long as the community's behind it.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I really enjoyed all the beat downs Enfuego took and yet he always came back for more.

He was banned once at Goazcats, it can always be done again.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I say let him in but he can only post in the arch rivals forum. I would grant him the ability to start a thread as well but only in that forum. Let the Mod decide if that thread should be deleted.

This community is great because we rise above all things and come together. Enfuego is just a gnat, annoying at times but easily swatted away.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
etank34

Post by etank34 »

No Jessie though. Under any circumstances. And yes, there should be a faster way to ban his numerous socks when they inevitably pop up.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

etank34 wrote:No Jessie though. Under any circumstances. And yes, there should be a faster way to ban his numerous socks when they inevitably pop up.
How about Guert?
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

merkin wrote:
etank34 wrote:No Jessie though. Under any circumstances. And yes, there should be a faster way to ban his numerous socks when they inevitably pop up.
How about Guert?
I'd say if he can post his guertisms in one main thread then, not constantly start new threads on nonsense phrasings, and generally post as a contributing member, it's worth a shot.

But he's never been one to participate in an organized, approachable forum posting.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

UAdevil wrote:He has been a bit of a good luck charm for the Cats.
He is the embodiment of a reverse jinx.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

I want Les Grossman to appear as well as Jerryd's Kids.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
Jerryd's Kids

Post by Jerryd's Kids »

I know Jim Storey;
So I am really getting a kick out of most of these replies. Some of you guys are very good at making it sound like you know what you are talking about.
But trust me.... You don't.
I think you just want to make yourself sound smart, when in reality you don't know what you are talking about.
This is how bad info gets passed around.
If you dont know about the topic....Dont make yourself sound like you do.
Cos some people believe anything they hear.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Jerryd's Kids wrote:I know Jim Storey;
So I am really getting a kick out of most of these replies. Some of you guys are very good at making it sound like you know what you are talking about.
But trust me.... You don't.
I think you just want to make yourself sound smart, when in reality you don't know what you are talking about.
This is how bad info gets passed around.
If you dont know about the topic....Dont make yourself sound like you do.
Cos some people believe anything they hear.
:lol:

Welcome aboard!
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

We need people like enfuego around to allow the rest of us to blow off steam, frustration, anger, etc. If we don't have them we'll end up eating each other alive. And that's no fun. Right, ODogg? ;)
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy