Kansas

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Frybry02

Re: Kansas

Post by Frybry02 »

The KSU and KU game was almost unwatchable with all the whistles in the 2nd half
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Lol, that Kansas game winning basket the guy took like 15 steps.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

And then they miss the easiest call of the night. Holy travel batman
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

KSU got hosed. I mean you didn't even need a replay to see that
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Technical loss
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Merkin wrote:Jason Gardner was the best I ever saw running the baseline on the 1-3-1.

Shakur was the worst. I think Lute eventually gave up running it when he was out there.
Daniel Dillon was pretty good at it. Pity that was all he was good at while he was at Az.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

RichardCranium wrote:
Merkin wrote:Jason Gardner was the best I ever saw running the baseline on the 1-3-1.

Shakur was the worst. I think Lute eventually gave up running it when he was out there.
Daniel Dillon was pretty good at it. Pity that was all he was good at while he was at Az.
According to Bob Elliot he wa good at taking the ladies 'down under'. I almost fell out of chair when he said that during a broadcast.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

UAEebs86 wrote:Technical loss
I came here just for this. Enfuego gave us a "loss" when we won the game a couple years back. But he won't say that about the blown call. Too funny how often trolls will always eventually look ridiculous.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Bear Down Vegas wrote:
I came here just for this. Enfuego gave us a "loss" when we won the game a couple years back. But he won't say that about the blown call. Too funny how often trolls will always eventually look ridiculous.
Yeah, he's been a real tool lately.....KSU got robbed too....should have been OT in that game, at least.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
Bear Down Vegas wrote:
Yeah, he's been a real tool lately.....KSU got robbed too....should have been OT in that game, at least.
There were a lot of bad calls in the second half. Give me a break. This win was in no way as appalling as the three Colorado made 20 seconds before the game buzzer sounded which was called off, which gave UA the win at home.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
Bear Down Vegas wrote:
There were a lot of bad calls in the second half. Give me a break. This win was in no way as appalling as the three Colorado made 20 seconds before the game buzzer sounded which was called off, which gave UA the win at home.
:lol:

Never change, enfuego. And based on your past YEARS of posts on Arizona boards I'm confident you never will....
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

Walk, Chalk, Jayhawk.
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I would say this is far worse fuegs. In our game they reviewed it over and over and while most of us think it looked like a good shot they must have had a view where they felt compelled to waive it off.

This one the refs just simply swallowed the whistle and said let the players decide it. Only problem is that the kid clearly traveled and the home team benefited from the center ref deciding to pass on the call that can't be reviewed.

Very much a tainted win or a technical loss depending on your point of view
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Bangkok Wildcat

enfuego wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
Bear Down Vegas wrote:
I've always agreed that the shot by Colorado looked good and felt like that was a bad call.......and I would love to give you a break if you'd stop acting like a tool and trying to provoke pissing contests here so often.

It's called 'good manners'......why don't you try practicing them in our house like we would in yours?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

that shot by CU never looked good to me.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I don't know how he was able to acquire them, but poster Katzenfreund got the pictures from the high def cameras in McKale after that Colorado game.

This was back in the GOAZCATS days - he posted a pic with the light red and Chen's fingertips still on the ball.

Definitely not good, but enfuego brings it up two or three times a year based on the crappy video ESPN showed. :lol:
-JB
Bangkok Wildcat

UAEebs86 wrote:I don't know how he was able to acquire them, but poster Katzenfreund got the pictures from the high def cameras in McKale after that Colorado game.

This was back in the GOAZCATS days - he posted a pic with the light red and Chen's fingertips still on the ball.

Definitely not good, but enfuego brings it up two or three times a year based on the crappy video ESPN showed. :lol:
Wow, I never knew that....but I do recall that I had to look at the ESPN video multiple times before I felt that it was a good shot.....Haven't looked at it in several years but the fact that ASUHATER and I disagreed on it is another example of how damn close that call was.....also that the Refs reviewed it multiple times before agreeing on the call that it wasn't good.

Anyways, thanks UAE! I'll take Katz's word (from a 3rd party here) anyday......still miss that Dude. Funnier than all hell. Wish he would come back. We miss you Katz!! !
Bangkok Wildcat

ASUHATER! wrote:that shot by CU never looked good to me.
Based on UAEs post, I stand corrected sir :-). Glad to get that shot guilt off my back, lol.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
Based on UAEs post, I stand corrected sir :-). Glad to get that shot guilt off my back, lol.
Of course you believe UAEs post. It supports a UA win. I however remember a high def photo produced here that shows the ball was about 3 feet out of the Colorado player's hands with time still left on the shot clock. A clear loss.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Bullshit
-JB
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

High def :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's the fucking ESPN shot.

The shot of the clock ESPN shows is not in sync with the clock in McKale.

Keep digging enflamo
-JB
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

enfuego wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
Of course you believe UAEs post. It supports a UA win. I however remember a high def photo produced here that shows the ball was about 3 feet out of the Colorado player's hands with time still left on the shot clock. A clear loss.
His name was Sebatino Chen, and he was a left-handed shooter. You have a photo with space between his left hand and the official game clock or the shot clock? Or just that blurry shot above where his hand is still on the ball with 0.1 seconds? Not even the Colorado fans seated near me at McKale thought the shot was on time. Then we ripped them to pieces in OT. Cry me a river, enfuego.
Last edited by Longhorned on Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Longhorned wrote:
enfuego wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
His name was Sebastiano Chen, and he was a left-handed shooter. You have a photo with space between his left hand and the official game clock or the shot clock? Or just that blurry shot above where his hand is still on the ball with 0.1 seconds? Not even the Colorado fans seated near me at McKale thought the shot was on time. Then we ripped them to pieces in OT. Cry me a river, enfuego.
Are you kidding me? That's worse than the grassy knoll conspiracy in reverse. That photo clearly shows the shot was out of his hands before the shot clock expired. Anyway, bad calls are made all the time.
Bangkok Wildcat

enfuego wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:Bullshit
Well in any case, it certainly was a hell of a lot more difficult call (and was reviewed multiple times prior to the final call being made) than the travel last night.....which, even with my basic hoops skills, I could tell that was a travel.

Whatever.....it's a moot point now. Amazing game KSU played at Allen Field House....major props to them. Also I'd guess you guys would have won it in OT and it's too bad it didn't get there. Enough said and moving on.

OAT, any word of a future series between us? Would love to see that go down in the near future.
prh

Post by prh »

Just when I was starting to think fuegs was less annoying than BC...let's move that ban discussion from whatever real thread it's in to this joke of one
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

enfuego wrote:
Are you kidding me? That's worse than the grassy knoll conspiracy in reverse. That photo clearly shows the shot was out of his hands before the shot clock expired. Anyway, bad calls are made all the time.
The clock on the ESPN shot does not match the actual game clock. How fucking hard is that for you to understand?

-JB
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

enfuego wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
enfuego wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
His name was Sebastiano Chen, and he was a left-handed shooter. You have a photo with space between his left hand and the official game clock or the shot clock? Or just that blurry shot above where his hand is still on the ball with 0.1 seconds? Not even the Colorado fans seated near me at McKale thought the shot was on time. Then we ripped them to pieces in OT. Cry me a river, enfuego.
That photo clearly shows the shot was out of his hands before the shot clock expired.
Here's a clear photo for you:

This is what a clear moment of release looks like for a Sabatino Chen shot. Your photo is pure blur, but the hand positioning is the same prior to release, and is nothing like your claim of three feet of air between the ball and hand.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

UAEebs86 wrote:
enfuego wrote:
The clock on the ESPN shot does not match the actual game clock. How fucking hard is that for you to understand?

What are you talking about? Do you see a red light or zeros on the shot clock above the backboard, that's what they go to, because that is what players play to.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

prh wrote:Just when I was starting to think fuegs was less annoying than BC...let's move that ban discussion from whatever real thread it's in to this joke of one

If I say, "rah rah rah for the home team" will you love me then?
prh

Post by prh »

enfuego wrote:
prh wrote:Just when I was starting to think fuegs was less annoying than BC...let's move that ban discussion from whatever real thread it's in to this joke of one

If I say, "rah rah rah for the home team" will you love me then?
Cheer for Kansas but bring more intelligence than a snail and we'll be all good
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

The shot Katz posted and the refs saw showed red on the backboard and the ball on Chen's fingertips. The shot was no good. And I know you saw it because you were constantly lurking at TOS. And now your are in denial because you hate Arizona because of one game in 1997.

There are delays in the shots that ESPN shows.

You honestly think the refs reviewed the shot you posted and said, aw what the hell, let's just give the game to Arizona? :lol:
-JB
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Beside the point, because Colorado had a full 5:00 to win the game again in OT and blew it.

I love these Little League fans claiming a team was robbed of a win because it unjustly had to play an overtime period. They never address how badly the team got beat in OT. No, all that matters is that one person, overruled on review and everywhere else, thinks a clean shot got off in regulation.

That was nearly five years ago. Holy crap, has enfuego even noticed how many times Arizona and everyone else not named Kansas have gotten jobbed worse since then? The Duke wins alone are in a whole other league of corruption.

But no, enfuego says the Sabatino Chen shot is more highway robbery than any other game in D-1. :lol: Keep being you, man. You can't let your petty troll grudges go.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

This website has a video at the top of the page that shows just how close it was:

http://www.ralphiereport.com/2013/1/3/3 ... rsial-call

It was a bang-bang play that when it was slowed down on the high def McKale cameras showed a fingertip or two still on the ball when the backboard went red.
-JB
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

Your picture proves our point, fuegs.

You do realize some of the basic physics of a jumpshot, correct? If the ball is still directly above the hand/forearm, and the hand has not followed through, the fingers are still touching the ball. It may be blurred, because the hand is in the process of following through, but the fingers are still on the ball. Once the hand has snapped forward past vertical, then (and only then) are the fingers no longer touching the ball. Neither the ball has moved passed being directly above the hand/forearm, nor has his hand snapped forward beyond the ball. There is absolutely no way his fingers are not still on the ball in your picture. Thanks for playing!

Go Cats!!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

You're the best enfuego. Love you, love your show.

Back on earth, no one in the history of basketball has ever shot a basketball and snapped their fingers straight up into the air instead of following through. The physics of it are hilarious. So Chen's fingers continued forward in their follow through on the ball.

Grab a basketball and try to shoot a three pointer while losing contact with the ball when your fingers are totally vertical. In fact, film it and post it here. I'm guessing you're going to look like Jim Carey imitating a special needs person and that the ball goes no further than 10 feet.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Okay, okay, okay. We can all agree to disagree.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

enfuego wrote:

If I say, "rah rah rah for theERRR MY home team" will you love me then?

You do that already. Kid took four steps the other night, it's all people talked about that night and the next day - blue bloods getting the call at home, rock walk jayhalk, etc...

You've finally jumped the shark, if that's possible. What you're claiming was a clear loss for us, while yours was just a badly officiated game all the way around is absolutely ridiculous. You went from an annoying (but sometimes entertaining) troll who has an odd obsession with another fanbase to all of those things that a clown has dressed up in.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

enfuego wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:Bullshit
I don't see what posting a pic of the ball on his fingers with .1 remaining does. It was either a quarter inch off or barely on, and even most TV replays weren't conclusive. There was a series of stills published that actually had the release between video frames. One frame was .1 in hand, the next was 0.0 with it a quarter inch out.

That call gets referenced all the time, but I really don't see how either side can get mad about it.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

That beat down of the 97 KU team is the gift that keeps on giving the whole year long. Love those tears and the torment it has caused Enfuego. Cryin Roy, oh what a night
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Bangkok Wildcat

I am so glad Enfuego brought this up and now I don't have to feel guilty for that shot anymore :-)...I had missed the previous thread which showed the stills and the ball still on Chen's fingertips.

Very cool.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

What does Chen's shot years ago have to do with the Kansas guy who got the game winner taking 5,6 steps?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

enfuego is weird.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Heh

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

That was an easy one to see coming. No shame in losing at WVU. They're tough at home.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Yeah but still. Always good to see them lose.

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Kansas will now jump Villanova in the ranking, and rightfully so.
Bangkok Wildcat

KU losing on any day makes it a good day to me :-)
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

Longhorned wrote:Kansas will now jump Villanova in the ranking, and rightfully so.
They will if they beat Kentucky this weekend.
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/ ... li=BBnba9I" target="_blank

I saw this on MSN this afternoon. It doesnt say if any players were involved for sure but it sounds like the alleged scene of the crime was the basketball players new dorm.