Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Postmaster

Re: Sean Miller

Post by Postmaster »

I was looking for a bit more detail
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

CatHoops wrote:Does anyone find it interesting we are no longer on the espn ticker???? Az is doing work behind the scenes guaranteed.
I have Arizona as my favorite team on ESPN.com. Usually there are 4 or 5 stories referencing Arizona under a big block A logo. There is nothing showing on my ESPN front page now except a small NCAA scandal sections with links to the articles. Something is definitely going on.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

BE4RDOWN21 wrote:Someone is cutting onions over here...

https://twitter.com/kfogg21/status/968284868328206337" target="_blank
Fogg is the most underrated Wildcat of all time, in every way. I would chop off a pinky to have him on this year's team.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Postmaster wrote:I was looking for a bit more detail
i will answer this later, give me some time
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

I know I don't know i enjoy the game so don't really care what goes on behind the scenes
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

97cats wrote:
Bosy Billups wrote:
1. The leak was timed to deflect from Yahoo - i dont think so, but it was rushed to keep up with the Jones's, and resulted in inaccuracies.
2. Known it's poorly sourced, lacks credibility, designed amd worded to not just deflect, but take down Miller's career. i dont think so
3. The coordinated attacks by the talking heads are nothing but talking points given to them to inflict maximum damage. maybe, i cant say
4. The geriatric monarchs want Miller gone. who is this exactly??
5. No unaffiliated but credible journalist will pursue this for fear of ruining future career prospects. not sure but the initial reporting was beyond irresponsible
6. Camp Miller and Arizona know this and are treading carefully to respond, like WUSSIES, rather than hit them back harder with truth bombs about the industry. dont know
7. Bonus: ESPN sat on this story for months waiting for the perfect time to deflect and/or destroy Miller dont know but the sloppy and inaccurate reporting leads me to think otherwise and hence the knee-jerk reaction.
'97, listen to Greenburg:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... d/22559284" target="_blank

Said Schaulfuck had been working diligently on this. One doesn't work diligently for 24-48 hours. States as fact the voice on the tape and transcript. Yet they've admitted they havent heard or read it? Come on bro, this stated as matter of fact and reported as such by even Bilas who is as fair and reasonable as they come, all of a sudden becomes the anti of himself? Someone gave them mafching orders.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

If I was a recruit and I saw all this going on, I would want to go to a program whose coach stuck up for himself and his players in the midst of a huge battle where the odds of winning are low and the naysayers are many. But he did it anyway and stormed the Black Gate.
I would want to go to a school that fearlessly backed their coach, even though there was, on the face of it, damming propaganda. But they believed him, because that's what you do, you believe your guy.

I want to see CSM ride out on frigging Shadowfax with white hair and a beard. Then I will call him not a witch but Gandalf, and he will correct me and tell me his name is Mithrandir!

I would want to play ball for Gandalf the white, that guy, he will do what it takes to make this program succeed! He will be my ally, he will fight for me. I want to be on his side!

There's your storybook ending!!!
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CatHoops wrote:
Postmaster wrote:97, can you elaborate a bit on the well oiled machine?
Not looking for names, just some idea of what miller does better than the others
Funnels money so well the feds can't find it.....
I posted in the Book thread that the entire recruiting system is built on influence, either money, personal connection or both. Scoring big time recruits is about manipulating those factors to your advantage without leaving traces behind.
prh

Post by prh »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:
CatHoops wrote:Does anyone find it interesting we are no longer on the espn ticker???? Az is doing work behind the scenes guaranteed.
I have Arizona as my favorite team on ESPN.com. Usually there are 4 or 5 stories referencing Arizona under a big block A logo. There is nothing showing on my ESPN front page now except a small NCAA scandal sections with links to the articles. Something is definitely going on.
I have never, ever, visited espn and not had the Arizona basketball favorite group. Literally first time ever today. I went all the way to bottom, every favorite had their section except Arizona. There's definitely something going on.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Bosy Billups wrote:
Said Schaulfuck had been working diligently on this. One doesn't work diligently for 24-48 hours. States as fact the voice on the tape and transcript. Yet they've admitted they havent heard or read it? Come on bro, this stated as matter of fact and reported as such by even Bilas who is as fair and reasonable as they come, all of a sudden becomes the anti of himself? Someone gave them mafching orders.
hes an even bigger fucking idiot than i anticipated if he fumbled the story and facts of his investigation as badly as he did if indeed this was a few month operation - not suprising given how bad the claim was.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

97cats wrote:
i will answer this later, give me some time
But all the geriatric matriarchs will be dead by then.

CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

prh wrote:
ByJoveByJingle wrote:
I have never, ever, visited espn and not had the Arizona basketball favorite group. Literally first time ever today. I went all the way to bottom, every favorite had their section except Arizona. There's definitely something going on.
Fight!!looks like we're finally playing Miler defense get em
prh

Post by prh »

LETSSSSSS GOOOOOOO FUCK ESPN
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

No reporting during halftime of duke vs va tech. Jay will and seth looked like they've been raked over the coals
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

prh wrote:LETSSSSSS GOOOOOOO FUCK ESPN
I support this position. God, I love the loyalty of our fans, especially everyone contributing on this board. Bear Down!!!
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

So I’m interested in the 247 report.

Especially being released at the end of the day when millers presumably been in meetings.

I think people are trying to get a handle on the narritive. ESPN had first shot and damn was it a haymaker, but they have nothing left no follow up.

Weather the storm and use the time before the game to get everything in order, administrively, legally, public relations-ly, etc etc.

I dunno but if you asked me at this moment, know sources in the article are close to Miller, I think he’ll be coaching on Thursday. Just get everything in place so the uni and you own legal team can go to bat for you.
Last edited by CalStateTempe on Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

CatHoops wrote:No reporting during halftime of duke vs va tech. Jay will and seth looked like they've been raked over the coals
Really how so?
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

97cats wrote:
Bosy Billups wrote:
hes an even bigger fucking idiot than i anticipated if he fumbled the story and facts of his investigation as badly as he did if indeed this was a few month operation - not suprising given how bad the claim was.
That's the revelation. He didn't fumble this and ESPN allowed this because it was an intentional hit piece to deflect from Yahoo WHILST ruining a career. It was designed this way and then move on on Sunday assuming no one fact checks. Damage dome, next news cycle, Yahoo report old news, Miller the fall guy, two birds killed with one stone. ESPN, bilad, vitale, very cautious, try to be fair (see Patino), and they all focus on Miller, stating as fact that this is the truth. The wording is too perfect it's obvious (intercepted wiretaps, caught Miller, secured Ayton). Yet journo 101 is always have multiple sources for a scoop, don't rely on an uncredible source, etc. For 24 hours they became different people and then revert back? Come on.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Plus, they are barely talking about it now?

LOL, this is MSM's MO

Sorry for typos, phone writing
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I just want to hear a lawyer ask some ESPN editor in a courtroom “DID YOU ORDER THE CODE RED”

And then editor cracks and says “ YOURE DAMN RIGHT I ORDERED THe CODE RED!!!”

:lol:
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Words cannot express how much I want this to be true.

Edit: For clarity, I mean that ESPN is going to have to eat this. Not that their story is true.
Last edited by Spaceman Spiff on Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Team Ride or Die update:

Last week, pre-EBF (ESPN Butt-Fuckery) I had plans in place to fly to San Diego to attend the presumed NCAA first/second round games. Post-EBF, I canceled the plans. But after watching the Oregon game and the fan base with “the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity” rally to attack the ESPN buttfuckers and their poorly constructed hit job, I’m ready to run through a wall. I’m just waiting to hear that Miller is hopping on Shadowfax to ride in aid of Rohan along with Eomer/Trier and the Rohirrim will be there with them. You only live once . . . and Team Ride or Die are mounted up. I’m coming along for the ride. F you, Vitale and Bilas, you malformed orcs!

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

CalStateTempe wrote:I just want to hear a lawyer ask some ESPN editor in a courtroom “DID YOU ORDER THE CODE RED”

Wait, so who is Nicholson in this scenario? Vitale?
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Two Shadowfax references in the same thread?
This is heavy!!
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote:Two Shadowfax references in the same thread?
This is heavy!!
You started it—I’m just riding your coattails!
tucsonsean

Post by tucsonsean »

Is it true that ESPN talking heads are not making any mention of Miller or UA during the current college basketball broadcasts?
BibbysTowelDude

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

tucsonsean wrote:Is it true that ESPN talking heads are not making any mention of Miller or UA during the current college basketball broadcasts?
I personally haven't heard a peep but I'm not invested in them tonight. Had a chat with my dad, he said at halftime of Duke/Va Tech they talked up Ayton and talked down Bagley. Had myself a nice chuckle.
Last edited by BibbysTowelDude on Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

“Son we live in a world that has blue bloods and those blue bloods have to print money. Who’s gonna do it? You? You? Paul Kelly? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You believe in a level playing field, amateurism in college basketball, of upsets and one shining moment. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not know what I know — that the end of Miller’s career, while tragic, probably saved elite programs, and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehension to you, SAVES programs.”

“You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at sports books, watch parties, and alumni bars, you want those blue bloods, you NEED those blue bloods. We use words like diaper dandy, prime time, and Mr. Pac Man, we use those words as a backbone of a career supporting something, you use them as a punch line.”

“I have neither the time or inclination to explain myself to a man who cheers, and gambles, and makes love to his wife after a big win under the very blanket of high level basketball that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it.”

“I would rather that you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise i suggest you purchase an ESPN subscription and retweet our analysts. Either way I don’t give a damn what you think your entitled to, BABY!!!”
Last edited by CalStateTempe on Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tucsonsean

Post by tucsonsean »

BibbysTowelDude wrote:
tucsonsean wrote:Is it true that ESPN talking heads are not making any mention of Miller or UA during the current college basketball broadcasts?
I personally haven't heard a peep but I'm not invested in them tonight. Had a chat with my dad, they said at halftime of Duke/Va Tech they talked up Ayton and talked down Bagley. Had myself a nice chuckle.
The old “maybe if we pretend we didn’t do it, everyone will forget” approach?
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

If heads don't roll at ESPN for this travesty, and I mean high profile heads, then you will have full acknowledgement and an open admission that this was a well planned and targeted character assassination of Sean Miller and by association UofA BB program.

There is zero probability that this level of incompetence and malice in a failure to report corroborated facts and sources were accidental.

Not a chance.

Now the next most important question becomes .......... why and for what reason?
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

There's some dark forces out to get Miller and they got caught.

The geriatrics of course are K leading the pack, Williams, Boeheim, maybe Izzo (hard to believe, but he was granted access to the club). Calipari definitely in that camp, but probably wouldn't actively lobby against Miller. Although he of all people I expected a "wait and see the facts first" statement, his omission is curious.

Where's Gottlieb, friday night periscope Gottlieb, asking questions about this report?

The words from Bilas are haunting "this is career ending for Sean Miller. I used to think he had integrity." This is the reasonable lawyer who argues all sides talking? Who gave him the orders?

Dark forces.
Now not a peep or ticker tape on this non-stop breaking news for 3 days? All of a sudden, not a huge story?

Wake up people!
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Greenberg was talking about him today the radio, they played back his comments from the weekend and he kind of walked it back a little, talked about his history with Miller, but then he defended schlabach and espn and said they wouldn't report something that wasn't vetted thoroughly. So basically I wasn't impressed!!! It was on espnu at around 10:30 or 11 am est.
-Norlander.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Beachcat97 wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:I just want to hear a lawyer ask some ESPN editor in a courtroom “DID YOU ORDER THE CODE RED”

Wait, so who is Nicholson in this scenario? Vitale?
Olbermann
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

That editorial staff at ESPN...jeez. I don't know how people aren't, or will be, fired over this. Even as we wait to hear about Miller, it's already plainly clear that Schlabach and his team published a story that wasn't vetted. I would think this would be grounds for termination at any reputable journalistic organization. ESPN isn't one, so maybe I answered my own question.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Mark Schlabach must be on vacation somewhere without internet service. Not a peep on Twitter all day.

I hope he’s having fun in the sun!
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Chicat wrote:Mark Schlabach must be on vacation somewhere without internet service. Not a peep on Twitter all day.

I hope he’s having fun in the sun!
Oh how I hope that fucker got canned.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Beachcat97 wrote:That editorial staff at ESPN...jeez. I don't know how people aren't, or will be, fired over this. Even as we wait to hear about Miller, it's already plainly clear that Schlabach and his team published a story that wasn't vetted. I would think this would be grounds for termination at any reputable journalistic organization. ESPN isn't one, so maybe I answered my own question.
Media entities don't care anymore. They are dying out and take and spew any story that gets them more views and clicks. It's really that simple.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Beachcat97 wrote:That editorial staff at ESPN...jeez. I don't know how people aren't, or will be, fired over this. Even as we wait to hear about Miller, it's already plainly clear that Schlabach and his team published a story that wasn't vetted. I would think this would be grounds for termination at any reputable journalistic organization. ESPN isn't one, so maybe I answered my own question.

This is not just some sloppy lack of checks and balances of a so called editorial team. Someone at a high level willfully signed off on the story being published knowing it lack sufficient vetting for publication.

This was a willful act and everyone at that place went along with it.

That's some scary shit.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote:Greenberg was talking about him today the radio, they played back his comments from the weekend and he kind of walked it back a little, talked about his history with Miller, but then he defended schlabach and espn and said they wouldn't report something that wasn't vetted thoroughly. So basically I wasn't impressed!!! It was on espnu at around 10:30 or 11 am est.
Greenberg is an opportunistic fucktard, not to be trusted. He's known Miller since he was a kid and is close with Miller's pops and he doesn't give him any benefit of the doubt? Can't believe he was even considered as a replacement for Lute.

See here, Boeheim, who is STILL coaching, afyer not only having a PEDOPHILE (with warning signs galore) on his team for 10 years... but "The trangressions include "academic misconduct," repeated drug violations and a booster doling out cash to Syracuse players and staff members."

YET..

"ESPN's Jay Bilas and Seth Greenberg rip NCAA over Syracuse penalties"

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketbal ... lties.html" target="_blank

Even if the 100k is accurate (highly dubious), 1.) Pedophile preying on your kids, 2.) Drug violations, 3.) Academic misconduct, and 4.) CASH doled out to PLAYERS.

Yet, not a career ending situation per Bilas and Greenfuck?

Are you seeing the contradictions here people?

Wake up. This isn't east coast bias, it's a coordinated hit job.
SteveKerrsStroke

Post by SteveKerrsStroke »

More traction, 247 article aggregated to new audience

https://www.barstoolsports.com/barstool ... nt-line-up" target="_blank
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Do like how the tide is turning.
phxcat23

Post by phxcat23 »

SteveKerrsStroke wrote:More traction, 247 article aggregated to new audience

Desertswarm and other UofA fan based pages are sharing the story. It's starting to get shared and put out there for more and more people to see.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Barstool is a decent sized platform. Hopefully this picks up traction.

Look, even if Miller did it and gets nailed, it should be with facts, not that rumor.

Of course, my actual hope is that Miller rams it so far into ESPN's ass that it tickles the P.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

If there are any true wildcats fans, that after the last few days still have any subscription fee based accounts, or are paying for content in any way with ESPN after this crap...............shame on you.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Parrish is a bonehead and Norlander is actually almost going to bat for Miller, or logic anyway. On cbs podcast.
-Norlander.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Tonight, not a peep about Miller from Vitale...

Just 48 hours ago:
Check out @DickieV’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/DickieV/status/9674 ... twterm%5E0" target="_blank
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Gladiator Cat wrote:If there are any true wildcats fans, that after the last few days still have any subscription fee based accounts, or are paying for content in any way with ESPN after this crap...............shame on you.
I've never given them a penny, except via cable bundles.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Barstool is a decent sized platform. Hopefully this picks up traction.

Look, even if Miller did it and gets nailed, it should be with facts, not that rumor.

Of course, my actual hope is that Miller rams it so far into ESPN's ass that it tickles the P.
I am a big time Stoolie. They are very anti-ESPN and a good platform to have on our side. If they have a grudge online, stoolies will absolutely swarm. Even if you hate their "bro" persona, it's actually a sight to behold.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

I hope Miller/UofA rip the arms off ESPN and beat their talking heads with the wet ends.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Pretty much the meat of the 247 article. Timeline doesn't make sense and ESPNs corrections make even less sense.
On Friday, ESPN reported that FBI wiretaps intercepted calls between Arizona head coach Sean Miller and former ASM sports associate Christian Dawkins, “in which Miller discussed paying $100,000 to ensure star freshman DeAndre Ayton signed with the Wildcats.” During a TV report, ESPN said that the phone call took place in the spring of 2017. The network then issued a correction, stating that the phone call between Miller and Dawkins took place in the spring of 2016. ESPN then corrected its first correction, stating that the phone call between Miller and Dawkins took place in the year 2016, removing the "spring" designation.

But the timeline doesn't add up.

A source told 247Sports that Dawkins (who had his phone tapped by the FBI) and Miller had calls intercepted between the timeframe of June 19 of 2017, through Sept. 25.

Sources say that the U.S. Attorney's office notified multiple parties who had conversations with Dawkins that their phone calls had been recorded specifically during the dates of June 19, 2017 and Sept. 25, 2017.
I'm still leaning to my earlier theory that Dawkins & Miller had conversation(s) in which Dawkins offered the money to Miller to get Ayton to sign with Dawkins. A Dawkins/Miller conversation happened in which $100k was discussed to secure Ayton. Schlabach's single source lied to him or misled him by being vague.