Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

jsbowl16

Re: Sean Miller

Post by jsbowl16 »

Fuck off Greenberg. I had to say what I had to say on Gameday. No you didnt you piece of shit.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

SabinoDrifter wrote:Some random thoughts:

ESPN - the silence and passive edits to their story make me believe they know something isn't right with the story.

Miller - as others have noted, his absence today is no surprise. Given all the shit going on with Arizona athletics in general, it is very prudent they get this right.

Also, I went to Penn State. The NCAA buried us in 2012 and we won the Big 10 in 2016. It took smart coaching hires and a head coach/staff who recruit their balls off. Arizona basketball will be fine, my guess is the NCAA will go after the coaches to help 'clean' things up.
Welcome aboard dude!
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

OSCat wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:Not sure if already posted, but ABOR is meeting tomorrow and will probably issue a statement. Miller is also being held out of all team activities until a decision has been made.
not sure if good or bad?
Definitely not good unless they unanimously supoort Miller. Those guys just want attention, and something Miller does not want. Uhh.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Well this cleansing of ESPN is all great but I want Miller at practice and on the sideline Thursday. Don't want to lose the battle but win the war
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

TatetheGreat wrote:Not sure if already posted, but ABOR is meeting tomorrow and will probably issue a statement. Miller is also being held out of all team activities until a decision has been made.
This is not great news. Especially with facts in dispute, this is not a good time to make a statement.

Of course, that won't stop them.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

I'm sorry to nit pick, is he being held out, or is he taking a break as to not be a distraction? If being held out, who is holding him out?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

If Miller somehow coaches Thursday it would force the story as to why ESPN was wrong to go national. Hope for the best!
BibbysTowelDude

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

I really can't see the ABoR doing much or saying much of anything about this at this point in time. I'd be plenty surprised if it was anything more then generic non sense about nothing out of them.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Can you imagine, ABOR comes out in support tomorrow, ESPN retracts and fires people, Trier gets reinstated Wednesdsy, and the crowd goes bananas on Thursday night chanting "We Love Sean, We Love Sean" as we begin a demolishing of opponents through the Final Four and win the Natty vs Duke in an embarassing 30 point win?
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

Evan Daniels was just on CBSSports HQ and said that it just doesnt add up and they called ESPN wrong without coming out and saying it.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Bosy Billups wrote:Can you imagine, ABOR comes out in support tomorrow, ESPN retracts and fires people, Trier gets reinstated Wednesdsy, and the crowd goes bananas on Thursday night chanting "We Love Sean, We Love Sean" as we begin a demolishing of opponents through the Final Four and win the Natty vs Duke in an embarassing 30 point win?
Yes, please.
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

Can ABOR really be the final voice?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Bosy Billups wrote:Can you imagine, ABOR comes out in support tomorrow, ESPN retracts and fires people, Trier gets reinstated Wednesdsy, and the crowd goes bananas on Thursday night chanting "We Love Sean, We Love Sean" as we begin a demolishing of opponents through the Final Four and win the Natty vs Duke in an embarassing 30 point win?
The thought of that...well...just gave me a chubby.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

CatHoops wrote:Can ABOR really be the final voice?
Why wouldn't they be?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

What in the fuck is ESPN doing??
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Anyone know where they meet? I’ll go down and stand outside with a sign even if I’m the only one.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

jsbowl16 wrote:Evan Daniels was just on CBSSports HQ and said that it just doesnt add up and they called ESPN wrong without coming out and saying it.
Man I wish I wouldve heard this!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

BibbysTowelDude wrote:I really can't see the ABoR doing much or saying much of anything about this at this point in time. I'd be plenty surprised if it was anything more then generic non sense about nothing out of them.
That would be a best case scenario.

Troubling allegation...commitment to institutions and honesty...merits thorough investigation...important issue we will devote time and resources to.
Last edited by Spaceman Spiff on Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Chicat wrote:What in the fuck is ESPN doing??
Um ayton was no where in ”that” story?!?

Wtf?
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

They got that shit wrong too!!!!!
Ayton was not in the Yahoo story, they are trying to make it look like they didn't report it!!!!

That is some serious class!!
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Maybe they're trying to distance themselves from their own story. If we say it was Yahoo, maybe no one will remember we did that...
SteveKerrsStroke

Post by SteveKerrsStroke »

Was Ayton ever implicated in a Yahoo story? :|
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

SteveKerrsStroke wrote:
Is Schlabach a yahoo?
phxcat23

Post by phxcat23 »

CalStateTempe wrote:
jsbowl16 wrote:Evan Daniels was just on CBSSports HQ and said that it just doesnt add up and they called ESPN wrong without coming out and saying it.
Here's direct link to the video: https://www.cbssports.com/live/evan-dan ... re/401629/
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Fuck ESPN
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Add another bullet point to the “corrections” page
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

4D Chess...

If Miller has already let it be known, quietly, that this is his last year, why not make ABOR fire you which means you can recoop all of those future contractual obligations in damages, plus future earnings, plus punitives. All tied to that damn hit job. Seriously could be worth $50mm. Holy fuck that is genius.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote:
I'm sorry to nit pick, is he being held out, or is he taking a break as to not be a distraction? If being held out, who is holding him out?

Inquiring minds want to know.
The university has asked him to stay away for now. It's basically to cover their asses in case they do move to fire him.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

SteveKerrsStroke wrote:
No Ayton but several for "Ace in LLC" sounds like some Vegas puke who might have known Book...
Last edited by CatFanOneMil on Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

If the ABOR is meeting tomorrow then I think the writing is on the wall. They're looking for an exit strategy and a way to cut losses. I think the fanbase is going to be fractured: one side supporting Miller to the end (until the truth comes out) and another side believing it's time to mutually part ways given the circumstances.

I think reasonable arguments can be made for both decisions.

Then we wait and hopefully the truth comes out in the next few years. If Miller brought this on himself, then he has only himself to blame. If not, I hope whoever is responsible is punished harshly.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Thanks Tate
-Norlander.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I'm just waiting for ESPN to make the correction that the taped conversation was indeed between Dawkins and Miller but they got Millers first name wrong... it was Andy Miller
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

splitsecond wrote:
Anyone know where they meet? I’ll go down and stand outside with a sign even if I’m the only one.
ABOR sent an email to the AP, AZ Republic, AZ Daily Star, etc. saying they will be convening tomorrow in Tucson for an emergency meeting. They may or may not have have media availability but will likely issue a statement.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Having a hard time seeing why they'd have this meeting in order to keep him.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

zonagrad wrote:If the ABOR is meeting tomorrow then I think the writing is on the wall. They're looking for an exit strategy and a way to cut losses. I think the fanbase is going to be fractured: one side supporting Miller to the end (until the truth comes out) and another side believing it's time to mutually part ways given the circumstances.

I think reasonable arguments can be made for both decisions.

Then we wait and hopefully the truth comes out in the next few years. If Miller brought this on himself, then he has only himself to blame. If not, I hope whoever is responsible is punished harshly.
I don't know and honestly do not think this is the way things will go...the ABOR likes the power and attention it wields but right now if they let Miller go they have to do it without cause and stand a HUGE chance of that backfiring with a lawsuit as well...with the Rich Rod stuff staring them in the face and the Title 9 stuff coming down the pike as well throwing money away in haste is exactly what these old birddogs are NOT going to do...

They are going to want to move slow and wait for proof, meaning they MIGHT leave it up to the AD and Miller, or they might simply sideline him WITH pay for an extended time...they don't give a fuck about the Pac 12 or NCAA championship at this point all they care about is the bottom line and frankly UA basketball is the ONLY gravy train they have, with new construction costs and looming lawsuits they will hedge their bets...

Of course the fan base on Saturday will be more than a little pissed if Miller is not there...I think they realize that at this point they really have no option except to let Miller run his course this season...so he is suspended tomorrow or released to coach pending an investigation...

But I'm pretty sure they don't let him go until they find cause, they simply cannot afford it.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

You guys have an election coming up? I'd be keeping track, usually never care about the board of reagents election, but if I lived in Arizona I might be kicking myself for overlooking that item. Do you vote for them like we do?
-Norlander.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

CatFanOneMil wrote:Of course the fan base on Saturday will be more than a little pissed if Miller is not there...I think they realize that at this point they really have no option except to let Miller run his course this season...so he is suspended tomorrow or released to coach pending an investigation...

But I'm pretty sure they don't let him go until they find cause, they simply cannot afford it.
All good points, CFOM. Hope you're right.
Sean Olson

Post by Sean Olson »

Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Would be ninja-level-trolling if ABOR comes out with a statement supporting the preservation of cactus flowers in a joint venture between the community colleges and universities.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

The ABOR are such attention whores.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

What is the status of their own internal investigation, this little sclabach ditty isn't going to be the straw is it? I mean they've been investigating for 6 months and one poop piece of "journalism" makes this big of a stir?

Edit:
(Added air quotes)
Last edited by U.P. Zona Fan on Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Norlander.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

phxcat23 wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
Here's direct link to the video: https://www.cbssports.com/live/evan-dan ... re/401629/
Thanks man appreciate it.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I read a report, I thought, they were gonna meet anyway. This isn’t breaking news just now. I think it was like Saturday.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

CalStateTempe wrote:The ABOR are such attention whores.
Pretty much. Most of them don't know their head from their ass. Which of course makes them fully qualified for such a position. I'm sure 1 or 2 of them will put their full ignorance of the issue on display with a stupid question or two.
BibbysTowelDude

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

Olsondogg wrote:I read a report, I thought, they were gonna meet anyway. This isn’t breaking news just now. I think it was like Saturday.
Yeah, some guy named Bill said they we going to have an emergency meeting this week after they had the one on Saturday. It's not new news.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote:What is the status of their own internal investigation, this little sclabach ditty isn't going to be the straw is it? I mean they've been investigating for 6 months and one poop piece of journalism makes this big of a stir?
IIRC the FBI asked all parties involved (including the NCAA) to hold off on any investigations until they were finished, last I heard this is still and active FBI investigation (which might explain the cone of silence from Mark Shclamabach) and all parties are in sort of limbo with NDA's in place...with a sealed federal case Millers best defense to the ABOR and legal might actually be the silver lining here because it keeps everything in limbo with a 50/50 chance of complete guilt or complete innocence...

Would you as a board member want to roll the dice with 50/50 odds on nearly 8 million dollars or more?

These guys are finance guys not a chance they roll the dice if Miller is under a NDA.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Additionally if the terminate Miller there are implying there is some truth to the Schlabach report. Which if it is false they not only lose their chance the sue but will be sued heavily by team Miller.

He may not coach another game at Arizona but Miller holds all the cards right now.
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

I just don't see them firing him now after seeing the ESPN sham sink. The fact they didn't overreact and do it immediately like ESPN wanted favors Miller IMO.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

CalStateTempe wrote:Additionally if the terminate Miller there are implying there is some truth to the Schlabach report. Which if it is false they not only lose their chance the sue but will be sued heavily by team Miller.

He may not coach another game at Arizona but Miller holds all the cards right now.
Definitely does but never trust ABOR yo do the right thing

God I love Arizona basketball fans. Truly amazing to see the passion we have for our program
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS