Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

TatetheGreat

Re: Sean Miller

Post by TatetheGreat »

If the admin listened to players we'd have HC Marcel Yates instead of Kevin Sumlin
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

NYCat wrote:Well at least the ESPN report inconsistencies are getting more traction. Even if it ultimately doesn't change the end result.
I don't appreciate being referred to as a gibbering loon. I prefer verbose moron.

The timeline only matter in terms of potentially invalidating the wire because it falls outside the time Dawkins was tapped. If that's the case, the entire existence of the wire is suspect. That's what this ultimately needs, the wire itself.

Lay that out and the argument(s) are over. I'm shocked ESPN doesn't appear to have filed a FOIA request.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Came home from work. Just can't get anything done and I have too many scum devil colleagues telling me Miller is a cheater blah blah blah.

Just want him to coach it out and tell them all the F off. I am in with Deuce to do all we can for coach in his fight. If I have to learn twitter I am in. We will need some coordination on our attack
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
tucsonsean

Post by tucsonsean »

My money is on “both parties have agreed that it is in the best interest of the program to part ways” as the result. Hope I’m wrong.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

The issue with the ESPN report isn’t whether an Arizona coach helped facilitate Ayton being paid the significant amount of money he deserves for his services—Book Richardson almost certainly did, though 24/7's sources doubt the price tag of $100,000, which is a shame because it means Ayton, one of the best players in the game, got short-changed.

Not sure how Deadspin got to "almost certainly" unless they're operating under the assumption that every big name player gets paid, though even if that is the case I don't see how it's almost certain that Book was the one to facilitate that payment.

Anyways - just more loose facts and speculation from sports "journalists" fucking with people's lives.

Rumors are like feathers in the wind. It's easy to scatter them but impossible to get them all back.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... rosecutors" target="_blank
College Hoops-Scandal Leaks Draw Foul Call From U.S. Prosecutors
By
February 28, 2018, 10:23 AM MST
A different type of March Madness found its way into New York federal court.

Federal prosecutors looking into bribery at the highest levels of college basketball protested leaks of court documents detailing payments to players, saying the premature disclosure of evidence could endanger their investigation. The revelation contributes to a cloud hanging over the sport just days before the field of teams for the national tournament is unveiled.

Assistant coaches, agents and sportswear company representatives have been charged with facilitating bribes and kickbacks to entice high school basketball players to join premier college programs. The indictments follow a three-year probe into National Collegiate Athletic Association basketball. The investigation was thrust back into the spotlight last week when Yahoo Sports reported that hundreds of pages of documents from the probe showed an "underground recruiting operation."

During a pretrial hearing Wednesday, Assistant U.S. Attorney Ted Diskant called the leak "very, very concerning." He urged U.S. District Judge Lewis A. Kaplan to look into the matter.

Defense attorneys denied that they were the source of the leaks and said the judge should investigate further. Michael Schachter, a lawyer for former Adidas AG executive James Gatto, said he had raised concerns with prosecutors that they had designated too many documents as confidential and urged Kaplan to push them to see if law enforcement was the source of the leak.

Kaplan told both sides to expect a revised order on procedures for confidential documents in order to not jeopardize the probe or a fair trial.

"This stops now," the judge said, "wherever it came from."
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

PHXCATS wrote:https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... rosecutors
College Hoops-Scandal Leaks Draw Foul Call From U.S. Prosecutors
By
February 28, 2018, 10:23 AM MST
A different type of March Madness found its way into New York federal court.

Federal prosecutors looking into bribery at the highest levels of college basketball protested leaks of court documents detailing payments to players, saying the premature disclosure of evidence could endanger their investigation. The revelation contributes to a cloud hanging over the sport just days before the field of teams for the national tournament is unveiled.

Assistant coaches, agents and sportswear company representatives have been charged with facilitating bribes and kickbacks to entice high school basketball players to join premier college programs. The indictments follow a three-year probe into National Collegiate Athletic Association basketball. The investigation was thrust back into the spotlight last week when Yahoo Sports reported that hundreds of pages of documents from the probe showed an "underground recruiting operation."

During a pretrial hearing Wednesday, Assistant U.S. Attorney Ted Diskant called the leak "very, very concerning." He urged U.S. District Judge Lewis A. Kaplan to look into the matter.

Defense attorneys denied that they were the source of the leaks and said the judge should investigate further. Michael Schachter, a lawyer for former Adidas AG executive James Gatto, said he had raised concerns with prosecutors that they had designated too many documents as confidential and urged Kaplan to push them to see if law enforcement was the source of the leak.

Kaplan told both sides to expect a revised order on procedures for confidential documents in order to not jeopardize the probe or a fair trial.

"This stops now," the judge said, "wherever it came from."
Interesting
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

A little too late
Phylek

Post by Phylek »

Mentions the Yahoo leak, but not the ESPN. Though, in context, may not be significant.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

YoDeFoe wrote:The issue with the ESPN report isn’t whether an Arizona coach helped facilitate Ayton being paid the significant amount of money he deserves for his services—Book Richardson almost certainly did, though 24/7's sources doubt the price tag of $100,000, which is a shame because it means Ayton, one of the best players in the game, got short-changed.

Not sure how Deadspin got to "almost certainly" unless they're operating under the assumption that every big name player gets paid, though even if that is the case I don't see how it's almost certain that Book was the one to facilitate that payment.

Anyways - just more loose facts and speculation from sports "journalists" fucking with people's lives.

Rumors are like feathers in the wind. It's easy to scatter them but impossible to get them all back.
I'd be comfortable saying (insert top ten recruit's name) almost certainly got paid 100k plus. Ayton, Bowen, Williamson, Bagley, you name the kid.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

YoDeFoe wrote:The issue with the ESPN report isn’t whether an Arizona coach helped facilitate Ayton being paid the significant amount of money he deserves for his services—Book Richardson almost certainly did, though 24/7's sources doubt the price tag of $100,000, which is a shame because it means Ayton, one of the best players in the game, got short-changed.

Deadspin is garbage journakism just like Gawker was. Whatever they decide is almost certain they will say is almost certain. Was hoping they might actually resort to analyzing facts or lack thereoff to get one over on ESPN here, but apparently they would rather feels their way through things as per usual.
OSCat

Post by OSCat »

Why do I have the feeling all hell is about to break loose
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

I'd be comfortable saying (insert top ten recruit's name) almost certainly got paid 100k plus. Ayton, Bowen, Williamson, Bagley, you name the kid.
I think we're all comfortable assuming the top recruits are being paid.

However, we're not journalists - who ought to operate with restraint with phrases like "almost certain." Further we're not attributing the payment with almost certainty to specific people within programs.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

The guy that said there will be a noon announcement: The University doesn't want to let him go but that may not be in the best interest of the program. It feels like a funeral in athletics today, no one wants to see him go. These same people were not upset when Rodriguez was fired. From what I was told, they are not considering firing him at all but he will resign if it is in the best interest of the program
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Give me one last walk in the park Miller, just one more time before I go on a cure and Ryan Adams bender.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

YoDeFoe wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

I think we're all comfortable assuming the top recruits are being paid.

However, we're not journalists - who ought to operate with restraint with phrases like "almost certain." Further we're not attributing the payment with almost certainty to specific people within programs.
I think the last sentence about a bargain refers to the FBI statement that 150k is the going rate. I think that's a fair commentary and adequate basis.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

CalStateTempe wrote:Give me one last walk in the park Miller, just one more time before I go on a cure and Ryan Adams bender.
Disintegration. Great break up album. Just be prepared to leak water from your eyes during Pictures of You...

Some Death Cab, too? Sean Miller...I Will Follow You Into the Dark. And then come back, because I am a UA fan, but I love you, bro. Please make something happen to change this. You walked up to our crater of a program and filled the hole back in. Make them give us one last ride.

Along this line...how much blood is gonna spill in Vegas next weekend?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Jefe wrote:The guy that said there will be a noon announcement: The University doesn't want to let him go but that may not be in the best interest of the program. It feels like a funeral in athletics today, no one wants to see him go. These same people were not upset when Rodriguez was fired. From what I was told, they are not considering firing him at all but he will resign if it is in the best interest of the program
I'm still concerned by the push for action now. I see very little time pressure, except from media outlets who want a pound of flesh to vitiate their reporting.
BibbysTowelDude

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

I am really hoping for an announcement at 12... My work productivity needs it.
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

Has Scheer mentioned anything about info coming out at noon today? I dont see anything on his or WildcatAuthority twitter.
phxcat23

Post by phxcat23 »

Jefe wrote:The guy that said there will be a noon announcement: The University doesn't want to let him go but that may not be in the best interest of the program. It feels like a funeral in athletics today, no one wants to see him go. These same people were not upset when Rodriguez was fired. From what I was told, they are not considering firing him at all but he will resign if it is in the best interest of the program
If this is true, then that shows how much Miller cares about the players. From all the responses of support from former players, and how they tell stories of him being like a 2nd father, you can tell he really does care about the players and their well-being. And with that, if the University doesn't want to let him go, it might be hard for him to come to terms of coming back and finishing because of the dagger of ESPN and the media he'd have to deal with from here on out. Probably views it as more of a distraction instead of vengeance to go on a tourney run.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

phxcat23 wrote:
If this is true, then that shows how much Miller cares about the players. From all the responses of support from former players, and how they tell stories of him being like a 2nd father, you can tell he really does care about the players and their well-being. And with that, if the University doesn't want to let him go, it might be hard for him to come to terms of coming back and finishing because of the dagger of ESPN and the media he'd have to deal with from here on out. Probably views it as more of a distraction instead of vengeance to go on a tourney run.
This was the most telling thing. Every single player has come to his defense save for Trey "Your a coward for this straight up" Mason.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

So a member is questioning the ESPN report. Still doesn't clear us with Heeke/Robbins
BE4RDOWN21

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

I feel like I'm waiting for the OJ verdict
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

I'm guessing Miller will be placed on paid leave while facts are gathered and Romar will finish out the season.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

The Witching Hour approaches.
cat77

Post by cat77 »

CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Merkin wrote:
I feel like FakeKevSumlin is a member of the board lol
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Don't play with my emotions like this. Now I have a glimmer of hope.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

btfd16 wrote:
Merkin wrote:
I feel like FakeKevSumlin is a member of the board lol
They should out themselves!

C'mon, it's noon!

In total there are 295 users online :: 74 registered, 11 hidden and 210 guests (based on users active over the past 30 minutes)
Most users ever online was 606 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:19 pm
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Come on cats admin, Take the bold new approach. #keepmiller
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Stay of execution?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I literally just faked a “call from my boss” to stop what I was doing to head to the office to check in.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I’m in my weekly sales meeting ...... posting this and updating Twitter.

Fuck everything else.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CalStateTempe wrote:Stay of execution?
The ESPN article did suck and is a horrible basis for action. That tweet above gives me hope that the process at least involves seeking facts and not just knee jerk firing based on ESPN's "information."
SteveKerrsStroke

Post by SteveKerrsStroke »

Sounds like they won’t use the ESPN report as the basis for terminating or parting ways

More likely it’s just going to be the straw that broke the camels back
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Miller took a leave of absence

http://www.espn.com/ncb/story?id=11629108" target="_blank
OSCat

Post by OSCat »

Chicat wrote:I’m in my weekly sales meeting ...... posting this and updating Twitter.

Fuck everything else.
Monthly reports are not getting done
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

NYCat wrote:Miller took a leave of absence

YOU'RE A SON OF A BITCH

but I laughed
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

That was NOT funny.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

Don't fuck with us like that. LOL
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Thanks Taylor!
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Thats sort of shit will get you locked in the DickVitale room where strap ons are tested out
Last edited by CatFanOneMil on Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

ur dead.
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

Just waiting for triers results.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

UAEebs86 wrote:

Thanks Taylor!
my first thought. where is that asshole anyway?
NCWildcat

Post by NCWildcat »

I just spit Mountain Dew all over my keyboard YOU BASTARD!