Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UAEebs86

Re: Sean Miller

Post by UAEebs86 »

I think Taylor is still on Scout Premium
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

BREAKING NEWS: Arizona admin still silent on Sean Miller
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

ughhghhghhhhhg
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

Was at a concert last night and couldn't put my phone down from twitter
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

Hope everyone is ready for the double fuck you to the basketball world.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

scumdevils86 wrote:ughhghhghhhhhg
" .... just when I think I'm out ..... they pull me back in ...."
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

I need to take a lunch, people. I need to drive home today during lunch...that is 12 long minutes with Phoenix radio (or satellite, but, really...is there a Scheer Media Network on XM 1423? I need the phone, and I am not that dick).

Something definitive either way...these shelled sunflower seeds are not sustaining me
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

CatHoops wrote:Hope everyone is ready for the double fuck you to the basketball world.
To

not

From?
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

This shit is not healthy... we need answers! And Miller coaching thru April is the answer we need!
BibbysTowelDude

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

I want CatHoops to be a board legend.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I just had a job candidate lunch with faculty at the University of Illinois and the faculty members were talking about this, all under the assumption that Miller is heinous criminal.

No safe places for this crap.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Longhorned wrote:I just had a job candidate lunch with faculty at the University of Illinois and the faculty members were talking about this, all under the assumption that Miller is heinous criminal.

Well, they may be unforgivably wrong, but at least they had their priorities straight.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Luuuuuuuute

Post by Luuuuuuuute »

EVCat wrote:I need to take a lunch, people. I need to drive home today during lunch...that is 12 long minutes with Phoenix radio (or satellite, but, really...is there a Scheer Media Network on XM 1423? I need the phone, and I am not that dick).

Something definitive either way...these shelled sunflower seeds are not sustaining me
No kidding. I'm working from home today, and like the previous 2 days this week, I've gotten nothing done. My wife and I are about to leave for a long run, probably an hour and a half. It'll be therapeutic to work out some stress and aggravation, but I already warned her I'll be glued to my phone the entire time and might have to keep stopping to refresh the boards and Twitter :).
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

dovecanyoncat wrote:
Longhorned wrote:I just had a job candidate lunch with faculty at the University of Illinois and the faculty members were talking about this, all under the assumption that Miller is heinous criminal.

Well, they may be unforgivably wrong, but at least they had their priorities straight.
One of them was a Kansas fan. It sucked.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Where can we watch this thing?
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

CalStateTempe wrote:Give me one last walk in the park Miller, just one more time before I go on a cure and Ryan Adams bender.
Yesterday I broke down after a long day in the office... it was probably 7:30pm when I jogged out to keep the janitor from seeing tears rolling down my face. The grief finally hit me, brought out by Spiff's eulogy.

When I got home my wife and I talked in the kitchen. She's a Wildcat but she's also had to put up with my ridiculous fandom. I figured there'd be some tut-tuts of disapproval to how silly I was being, taking it all so seriously. But she saw it really hurt me and she gave me some time to talk. I told her how much I love Coach Miller, how much the program means to me and how much hope I'd lost.

"I just want one more run with Miller, one more go," I finished.

"We always want one more go, because we rarely see the end coming" she softly replied.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

I am getting nothing done at work. I am not feeling positive as 97 Cats has not posted lately.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Wise words from your wife. She’s a keeper.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

CatHoops wrote:Hope everyone is ready for the double fuck you to the basketball world.
You'll be a legend if you're right
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

EVCat wrote:
To sheeples, glass eye dick and friends,sounds like "jansen"

not

From?
Last edited by CatHoops on Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Longhorned wrote:
dovecanyoncat wrote:

One of them was a Kansas fan. It sucked.
Probably wasn't an economics academic, was he/she? One has to admit, in Kansas the University is the only economic entity that's in the black.

~ Wilhoit's Law
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

I am going to lunch so I fully expect an announcement soon
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

YoDeFoe wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:Give me one last walk in the park Miller, just one more time before I go on a cure and Ryan Adams bender.
Yesterday I broke down after a long day in the office... it was probably 7:30pm when I jogged out to keep the janitor from seeing tears rolling down my face. The grief finally hit me, brought out by Spiff's eulogy.

When I got home my wife and I talked in the kitchen. She's a Wildcat but she's also had to put up with my ridiculous fandom. I figured there'd be some tut-tuts of disapproval to how silly I was being, taking it all so seriously. But she saw it really hurt me and she gave me some time to talk. I told her how much I love Coach Miller, how much the program means to me and how much hope I'd lost.

"We always want one more go, because we rarely see the end coming" she softly replied.
And then, "I've decided to be a single woman again."
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

You know what's funny? Players in other NCAA sports can sign with agents.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/1/20/1691 ... basketball" target="_blank

But we're criminals if a kid get money people are dying to give him.
phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

Alright guys, I need to run to the datacenter and swap out a bad PSU on a storage array...so no news for the next 20 minutes or so.
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

This thread is updating faster than in game threads when UA plays a huge game.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Catintheheat wrote:This thread is updating faster than in game threads when UA plays a huge game.
The future of the program hangs in the balance, so yeah.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

YoDeFoe wrote:

I came home from high school basketball games on Friday...an hour drive home, and my battery was at 1% when I got a text from a friend noting the ESPN story and Miller on wiretaps. My battery died as I opened the link and saw the headline. I drove home...fast. Too fast, probably. Listening to some sanctimonious crap about basketball in general on ESPN radio waiting for the headlines to be read. I got them just as they told me Eddie House would be up next to discuss the Miller thing and so on.

I drove faster. I got home, and walked in and my wife just hugged me. Like a death in the family. Yeah...she gets me
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Yes, plus we have a bunch of guest lurking.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

It's Illinois. There's some unpleasant history with that school.
ecurbh

Post by ecurbh »

YoDeFoe wrote:Yesterday I broke down after a long day in the office... it was probably 7:30pm when I jogged out to keep the janitor from seeing tears rolling down my face. The grief finally hit me, brought out by Spiff's eulogy.

Beautiful. My wife is not a Wildcat, but has always put up with my fandom. I haven't even been able to talk to her about any of this yet.

My beloved dog, who always sat on the couch with me during games, just died unexpectedly a few weeks ago. This feels like an extension of that grief. I know I'm just a lurker and therefore somewhat a stranger, but having all of you to go through this with means a lot.
BibbysTowelDude

That is why I end up laughing about all of this, the people calling us crooks and slime balls all agree the players should get scrilla but oh no when we find out most of them are under the table it’s heinous criminal behavior. Fuck All Of Them!!!!
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

It’s over 12p in Arizona and nothing happened?

What the hell is going on?

Need more azgreg gifs
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

ABOR member Jay Heiler is questioning the veracity of the ESPN report???

Am I the only one here who missed this? Schnebly just sent it to me:
Sarah Harper, a spokesperson for the Arizona Board of Regents, which oversees UA and other state universities, said the governing board hasn't issued a statement on the Miller situation since the weekend when ABOR chairman Bill Ridenour commented.

ABOR member Jay Heiler did say the university governing board, along with UA President Robert Robbins, will follow the facts of the Miller case.

"ABOR is acting in concert with President Robbins and his team to find the essential facts as quickly as posssible and take the course indicated by those facts," said Heiler.

Heiler, an attorney and former journalist, did say he had some concerns about the ESPN story, which has benched Miller.

“Speaking for myself, as a former editor and prosecutor, the ESPN story published regarding the continuing investigation may not have been worthy of publication and in any case was deficient in its sourcing and context as the basis for immediate decision. Efforts have been under way since to address that deficiency and proceed accordingly,” Heiler said.
https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/new ... ssion=true" target="_blank
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

Longhorned wrote:ABOR member Jay Heiler is questioning the veracity of the ESPN report???

Am I the only one here who missed this? Schnebly just sent it to me:
Sarah Harper, a spokesperson for the Arizona Board of Regents, which oversees UA and other state universities, said the governing board hasn't issued a statement on the Miller situation since the weekend when ABOR chairman Bill Ridenour commented.

ABOR member Jay Heiler did say the university governing board, along with UA President Robert Robbins, will follow the facts of the Miller case.

"ABOR is acting in concert with President Robbins and his team to find the essential facts as quickly as posssible and take the course indicated by those facts," said Heiler.

Heiler, an attorney and former journalist, did say he had some concerns about the ESPN story, which has benched Miller.

“Speaking for myself, as a former editor and prosecutor, the ESPN story published regarding the continuing investigation may not have been worthy of publication and in any case was deficient in its sourcing and context as the basis for immediate decision. Efforts have been under way since to address that deficiency and proceed accordingly,” Heiler said.
https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/new ... ssion=true" target="_blank
That was mentioned in this thread about one hour ago, or 5 pages back.
BibbysTowelDude

Yeah I posted the article about an hour ago LH.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Thanks, I had to attend a lunch.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

The Bloomberg article is really interesting, it was the Prosecutors who went to the judge complaining about the leaks endangering their investigation, defense attorneys say "It wasn't us" however the Adidas Gotto attorney had complained that the prosecution was overhanded in designating to many DOCUMENTS as confidential...

It seems to me the outcry form the Prosecution is not really about the wiretap story, it is about the Yahoo story...and Pat Forde (one of the authors of that story) said NOTHING in those documents (apparent hundreds of them) indicted Sean Miller.

There will be no more leaks.

And if there are Sean Miller will not be in them.

The ESPn shit was most definitely Dawkins team I am convinced of it now, and the Yahoo stuff was most likely team Gotto/Adidas

Although Dawkins could have leaked both once they saw how much attention the first leak got.
Last edited by CatFanOneMil on Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Well I see there is nothing new here and no azgreg. I think i will resume working.
BibbysTowelDude

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... g-his-job/

Just more stuff.. Parrish and Norlander in case anyone hates them and wants to avoid.
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

What could they be waiting for to release something? If they are parting ways are they trying to decide who gets to keep the frequent flier miles?
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

ecurbh wrote:
YoDeFoe wrote:Yesterday I broke down after a long day in the office... it was probably 7:30pm when I jogged out to keep the janitor from seeing tears rolling down my face. The grief finally hit me, brought out by Spiff's eulogy.

Beautiful. My wife is not a Wildcat, but has always put up with my fandom. I haven't even been able to talk to her about any of this yet.

My beloved dog, who always sat on the couch with me during games, just died unexpectedly a few weeks ago. This feels like an extension of that grief. I know I'm just a lurker and therefore somewhat a stranger, but having all of you to go through this with means a lot.
I'm really sorry to hear that... too much grief in a short period, keep at it.

EVCat: Your wife is an angel.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

YoDeFoe wrote:
ecurbh wrote:

I'm really sorry to hear that... too much grief in a short period, keep at it.

EVCat: Your wife is an angel.
Take good care, ecurbh. Very sorry to hear.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

BibbysTowelDude wrote:https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... g-his-job/

Just more stuff.. Parrish and Norlander in case anyone hates them and wants to avoid.
Their thesis is basically:

There's a legit chance the ESPN report is off base because it doesn't correspond with any external information and is suspect in sourcing. That said, it's done so much damage to Arizona and Miller that they may have to part ways.

How ****ed up is that?
Sid

Post by Sid »

BibbysTowelDude wrote:That is why I end up laughing about all of this, the people calling us crooks and slime balls all agree the players should get scrilla but oh no when we find out most of them are under the table it’s heinous criminal behavior. Fuck All Of Them!!!!
Yep, fucking hypocritical scum.

I remember being introduced to Chris Mills as a freshman. Chris rolled up outside the Green Dolphin shortly after his transfer in a brand new ride I would’ve given my left nut for. After he bailed and in my typical freshman oblivion I asked my friends how the fuck can he afford that ride? They just laughed. I then quickly remembered he had Kentucky plates.....
Last edited by Sid on Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BibbysTowelDude

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
BibbysTowelDude wrote:https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... g-his-job/

Their thesis is basically:

There's a legit chance the ESPN report is off base because it doesn't correspond with any external information and is suspect in sourcing. That said, it's done so much damage to Arizona and Miller that they may have to part ways.

How ****ed up is that?
Beyond comprehension.
BibbysTowelDude

I’m still of the belief that Miller passing over documents means he wants to be here.

Did the documents satisfy those who control his employment?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Sid wrote:
BibbysTowelDude wrote:That is why I end up laughing about all of this, the people calling us crooks and slime balls all agree the players should get scrilla but oh no when we find out most of them are under the table it’s heinous criminal behavior. Fuck All Of Them!!!!

I remember being introduced to Chris Mills as a freshman. Chris rolled up outside the Green Dolphin shortly after his transfer in a brand new ride I would’ve given my left nut for. After he bailed and in my typical freshman oblivion I asked my friends how the fuck can he afford that ride? They just laughed. I then quickly remembered he had KY plates.....
Was that the pickup truck on lowrider rims?
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

I'm still a bit confused on how this scheme works.

Runner gets in with high school kid. Pizza, pocket money, maybe a loan.
Runner Gets kid to go to a certain college.
In turn the college coaches steer college players to runner after they leave school.
Runner gives asst coach some money to keep relationship good. "Keep it, give it to player. Whatever you want."

Where does the $100k come into play? Who pays it to whom?
Sid

Post by Sid »

rgdeuce wrote:
Sid wrote:

I remember being introduced to Chris Mills as a freshman. Chris rolled up outside the Green Dolphin shortly after his transfer in a brand new ride I would’ve given my left nut for. After he bailed and in my typical freshman oblivion I asked my friends how the fuck can he afford that ride? They just laughed. I then quickly remembered he had KY plates.....
Was that the pickup truck on lowrider rims?
No, it was so long ago, but I thought it was a tricked out Mustang. Definitely had Kentucky plates and a world class sound system.