Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

CatFanOneMil

Re: Sean Miller

Post by CatFanOneMil »

BibbysTowelDude wrote:I’m still of the belief that Miller passing over documents means he wants to be here.

Did the documents satisfy those who control his employment?
This is a very important argument...Miller was said to give up all of his phone records and knows that they vindicate him...this information is now squarely in the hands of the board...and they are apparently seriously questioning the ESPN report...

That should tell us a lot about their current posture in this...there is a very high possibility that they come out and defend Miller...

I think the odds are as equal that we hear Miller is free to coach the rest of the season as we do that he is sidelined, mainly because they know the FBI case is going to SHUT DOWN anymore leaks...

Think it through like an administrator...no more leaks, do we make noise and verify the suspicion that Miller is dirty or do we stand by him and discuss departure later in the year?

No brainer here folks.

The only people I see calling for the President to act now are people with axes to grind and very little vitality in their dicks...

What does it hurt to wait for hard core evidence to fire him with cause?

They could drop the boom on him like they did Book in a heartbeat if the evidence comes out as real, to do so prematurely is just impatience and bad management.
Last edited by CatFanOneMil on Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
BibbysTowelDude wrote:I’m still of the belief that Miller passing over documents means he wants to be here.

Did the documents satisfy those who control his employment?
This is a very important argument...Miller was said to give up all of his phone records and knows that they vindicate him...this information is now squarely in the hands of the board...and they are apparently seriously questioning the ESPN report...

That should tell us a lot about their current posture in this...there is a very high possibility that they come out and defend Miller...

I think the odds are as equal that we hear Miller is free to coach the rest of the season as we do that he is sidelined, mainly because they know the FBI case is going to SHUT DOWN anymore leaks...

Think it through like an administrator...no more leaks, do we make noise and verify the suspicion that Miller is dirty or do we stand by him and discuss departure later in the year?

No brainer here folks.
That's what is taking long it's the law attorneys for miller and school calling the feds and getting it squared away not legal what's going on. Like I keep saying boys. Zo and miller back soon
BE4RDOWN21

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

I think it also comes down to..
Heeke/Robbins: “Sean, do you want to stay here...”
Sean: “Idk”
Heeke/Robbins: “okay, let’s look at an amiclible split”
phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

CatHoops wrote: That's what is taking long it's the law attorneys for miller and school calling the feds and getting it squared away not legal what's going on. Like I keep saying boys. Zo and miller back soon
I have no idea if that's what's actually happening, but I want to believe.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Whelp Noon came and went with nothing...did it go to the media clearinghouse or is it another nothing burger for lunch day?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I've got to leave for a meeting in 5 minutes. This has gotten ridiculous.
phxcat23

Post by phxcat23 »

BE4RDOWN21 wrote:I think it also comes down to..
Heeke/Robbins: “Sean, do you want to stay here...”
Sean: “Idk”
Heeke/Robbins: “okay, let’s look at an amiclible split”
I don't think it's a matter of him wanting to stay, but he sees bigger picture as it being too much of a distraction to come back.
I hope you're right HoopCat, and that they are going through everything so they can lay it down hard, and have 100% certainty to back him and Zo.
Dosia

Post by Dosia »

Longhorned wrote:I've got to leave for a meeting in 5 minutes. This has gotten ridiculous.
No kidding. I'm way too anxious
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

ugh.

f5

ugh.

f5

i'm getting twitchy.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Simply torture at this point.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Here is the thing, if the position of the AD and ABOR was to move on and eliminate the distraction regardless of personal feelings about Miller or his guilt or innocence, the only protocol is to get advice on the implications of firing him now vs putting him on leave. PERIOD.

This has now gone one for almost 5 days.

Read into that however you want.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

I feel the minute I stop pressing F5 and leave for 3 hours to be a functional human everything will go down.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

cats101 wrote:I feel the minute I stop pressing F5 and leave for 3 hours to be a functional human everything will go down.
This.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Longhorned wrote:I've got to leave for a meeting in 5 minutes. This has gotten ridiculous.
Bad Fan
phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

cats101 wrote:I feel the minute I stop pressing F5 and leave for 3 hours to be a functional human everything will go down.
okay, can you hurry up then.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Alieberman wrote:
Bad Fan
lmao
jigsaw

Post by jigsaw »

Board of Regents meeting tomorrow. Notice includes this, "The board will convene in executive session pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.03 (A) (1), (3) and (4) for legal advice and discussion regarding University of Arizona men’s basketball and the multiple-year employment contract for head men’s basketball coach."
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I kind of feel like if Sean Miller ever read this thread he would quit immediately and leave the country in fear of a pack of rabid crazy obsessive fans. (Myself included)
jigsaw

Post by jigsaw »

jigsaw wrote:Board of Regents meeting tomorrow. Notice includes this, "The board will convene in executive session pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.03 (A) (1), (3) and (4) for legal advice and discussion regarding University of Arizona men’s basketball and the multiple-year employment contract for head men’s basketball coach."
Forgot to add, meeting at 2:00, although the notice tells you pretty much everything you need to know.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Alieberman wrote:I kind of feel like if Sean Miller ever read this thread he would quit immediately and leave the country in fear of a pack of rabid crazy obsessive fans. (Myself included)
Would that make him a bad fan of himself?
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Maybe you all should step away so the rest of us can hear some news
In re UofA

Post by In re UofA »

jigsaw wrote:Board of Regents meeting tomorrow. Notice includes this, "The board will convene in executive session pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.03 (A) (1), (3) and (4) for legal advice and discussion regarding University of Arizona men’s basketball and the multiple-year employment contract for head men’s basketball coach."
It’s over.
BE4RDOWN21

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

He's done.

"...discussion regarding University of Arizona men’s basketball and the multiple-year employment contract for head men’s basketball coach."

They are probably looking to see the financial ramifications of terminating his contract
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

NYCat wrote:
I sent a letter to the editor requesting his dismissal.

You ALL should
jigsaw

Post by jigsaw »

In re UofA wrote:
It’s over.
Yep. I'm pretty confident they will not be discussing extending the employment contract.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Why would they decide to recommend letting him go on game day
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Could they be discussing altering to conclude at the end of the basketball season?

Or is that just naïve, wishful thinking?
BibbysTowelDude

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

Lmao at the reactions to that memo.... :lol: :lol:
jigsaw

Post by jigsaw »

jigsaw wrote:
Forgot to add, meeting at 2:00, although the notice tells you pretty much everything you need to know.
here is the link https://public.azregents.edu/Public%20N ... otice.pdf/" target="_blank
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

EastCoastCat wrote:Could they be discussing altering to conclude at the end of the basketball season?

Or is that just naïve, wishful thinking?
Nobody really knows
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

NYCat wrote:
Because its the last day they can NOT respond...

Discuss get plan, go to media at game day...

Of course just because they are discussing his contract with legal does not mean he's gone , this would be the ONLY technical answer they could give for an emergency closed door meeting...you can't just make up a reason for an emergency session it has to have a legal condition.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Well I guess the ABOR doesn't really have the power to get rid of Miller
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

He better be on that fucking sideline tomorrow. That's all I've got to say.

This just sucks to no end.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

EastCoastCat wrote:He better be on that fucking sideline tomorrow. That's all I've got to say.

This just sucks to no end.
He's missed every practice this week, he's not going to coach
jigsaw

Post by jigsaw »

NYCat wrote:
Chances are that Coach Miller and the University reached an agreement for his termination/buyout today. Open Meeting Law requires 24 hour notice of the ABOR meeting so the soonest they can meet to discuss is tomorrow.

The school still can announce the "agreement, subject to ABOR approval" before that meeting.
Last edited by jigsaw on Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BE4RDOWN21

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

NYCat wrote:Well I guess the ABOR doesn't really have the power to get rid of Miller

Maybe they are looking at ways that the can restructure, pay him less? Breach of original contract? Sorry, naivety at its finest
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

NYCat wrote:Well I guess the ABOR doesn't really have the power to get rid of Miller
The university president usually goes with the ABOR bit Robbins has final final say
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Maybe wishful thinking but maybe ABOR wants protection on the contract if more shit hits the fan?
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

https://www.azleg.gov/ars/38/00431-03.htm" target="_blank

I'm a little concerned about the subsection 4 cite, but the rest of the language is boilerplate.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Well shit, this is not how I wanted the Sean Miller era to end. I feel really bad for the kids. They deserve better all this fud
BibbysTowelDude

An awful lot of jumping to conclusions.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

BE4RDOWN21 wrote:
He's done.

"...discussion regarding University of Arizona men’s basketball and the multiple-year employment contract for head men’s basketball coach."

They are probably looking to see the financial ramifications of terminating his contract
A.R.S 38-431.03(a)(1): "Discussion or consideration of employment, assignment, appointment, promotion, demotion, dismissal, salaries, disciplining or resignation of a public officer, appointee or employee of any public body....."

(a)(3): "Discussion or consultation for legal advice with the attorney or attorneys of the public body."

(a)(4): Discussion or consultation with the public body in order to consider its position and instruct its attorneys regarding the public body's position regarding contracts that are the subject of negotiations, in pending or contemplated litigation or in settlement discussions conducted in order to avoid or resolve litigation."

Both good and bad options covered in all that.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

NYCat wrote:
What a punchable face.
phxcat23

Post by phxcat23 »

CatHoops what happened to both Zo and Miller coming back soon??!?
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

NYCat wrote:
Lawyers of both Arizona head coach Sean Miller and the University of Arizona spent Tuesday in deep negotiations regarding Miller's future with the school, sources told 247Sports. By the end of Tuesday, the sides had yet to reach an amicable agreement regarding options for Miller to return to the sideline. Miller missed practice yet again on Tuesday.

Negotiations have continued into Wednesday, and as of this report he's not expected to be at practice today, sources told 247Sports.
BibbysTowelDude

Miller missing practices is not a big deal. He’s not barred from the game plan.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:
BE4RDOWN21 wrote:
He's done.

A.R.S 38-431.03(a)(1): "Discussion or consideration of employment, assignment, appointment, promotion, demotion, dismissal, salaries, disciplining or resignation of a public officer, appointee or employee of any public body....."

(a)(3): "Discussion or consultation for legal advice with the attorney or attorneys of the public body."

(a)(4): Discussion or consultation with the public body in order to consider its position and instruct its attorneys regarding the public body's position regarding contracts that are the subject of negotiations, in pending or contemplated litigation or in settlement discussions conducted in order to avoid or resolve litigation."

Both good and bad options covered in all that.
Funny, I posted that link right above.

If they put in the cite to a4 for a reason, that worries me. If it's just an all options list, the rest is pretty blah. Just about authority for a meeting.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

lifetime contract :)
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion