Re: Sean Miller

Post by prh »

btfd16 wrote:
BE4RDOWN21 wrote:
billk78 wrote:
btfd16 wrote:
How credible is this? Is that you Mark?
this made me lol for sure
He has been shoddy in the past, actually used this board as a source once or twice. But he was dead on about Sumlin a week before and maintained it even though everyone was overreacting about Ken N and others.
Chief said Sumlin well before they did though. That's where they got it from.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Longhorned wrote:I'm delivering a lecture on the Byzantine emperor Justinian right now.
:lol:

I’m missing out on one of my best staff members going away breakfast party.

Lol fuck yeah NCC

Double birds up!!!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Longhorned wrote:
97cats wrote:
Longhorned wrote:I'm delivering a lecture on the Byzantine emperor Justinian right now.
you put the what in the what?
For the sake of these students, you all let me know anything I can add about this dude:

He couldn't sit still long enough to smile when they made this mosaic of him?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Merkin wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
97cats wrote:
For the sake of these students, you all let me know anything I can add about this dude:

He couldn't sit still long enough to smile when they made this mosaic of him?
That doesn't look anything like Sean Miller

Horrible
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Does look like Larry Scott.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Longhorned wrote:
97cats wrote:

He Expanded His Empire To A Significant Degree
Utilizing the assistance of his strong, wealthy wife Theodora, Justinian made the leap to expand his empire in the west. Justinian did not succeed in reclaiming all of that territory, but he did make considerable gains. Belisarius, who acted as Justinian’s general, also played a significant role in the success of Justinian in this regard.

He Helped Put Constantinople Back Together
High taxes left the people of Constantinople deeply unhappy. In fact, they were so unhappy, they rioted quite frequently. Justinian put a stop to this. Introducing a Justinian version of Roman Law, Justinian was able to bring down the frequency of the riots. With a strong measure of law and order established, rebuilding this crucial city became possible

His Part In Hagia Sophia
The Hagia Sophia quickly established itself as one of the most extraordinary marvels in the eastern world. This massive church was built as a dedication to Christianity, and it was a stunning accomplishment for the emperor during his reign.

He Conquered
If the mark of a successful emperor is determined by how much land they conquer, then there is no question that Justinian had a rule that was significant. Not only did he conquer Italy, but the leader of the Byzantine Empire also took control of much of the North African coast. Furthermore, Justinian even got as far as Spain.

He Utilized Others
Justinian wasn’t just brilliant and cunning on his own. One of the secrets to his success was the fact that he knew to respect the potential that others could bring to a given situation. For example, he greatly respected the exceptional, deeply political mind of his wife Theodora. He trusted his general Belisarius to handle military operations. His reign was a successful one for a number of reasons. There is no question that one of his most significant accomplishments was enjoying a reign that took full advantage of those around him. It could certainly be one of main keys to his success, during a reign that lasted for several decades.

Just off the top of my head of course... :D
BE4RDOWN21

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

https://247sports.com/Bolt/Washington-H ... -115664343" target="_blank

I thought this was interesting...Also, Boozer admits that he received benefits while at Dook.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

I remember writing a paper about the Hagia Sophia with Ray Owes in Middle Eastern Studies nearly 25 years ago.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Take it for what its worth, and its not a source I trust 1000% but did hear the same thing about Heeke and Robbins backing Miller. Heard the big boosters were VERY strong in backing Miller.
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
ecurbh

Post by ecurbh »

Gilbertcat wrote:I am sure Miller would settle with ESPN if they gave him the full rights to Star Wars. Should be simple enough.
"Make it so, Number One." (Or am I mixing my metaphors?)
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Newportcat wrote:Take it for what its worth, and its not a source I trust 1000% but did hear the same thing about Heeke and Robbins backing Miller. Heard the big boosters were VERY strong in backing Miller.
This is where I am at. I always take it with a grain of salt, but use clues from other rumblings. Until I hear otherwise, I believe it.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Longhorned wrote:
97cats wrote:

He was caught on a FBI wiretap with Christian Dawkins in spring 2017 discussing paying $100,000 to make sure Belisaurus committed to being general of his army.

-Mark Schlabach
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Greg's shelf life was gone a long time ago.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
97cats wrote:

He was caught on a FBI wiretap with Christian Dawkins in spring 2017 discussing paying $100,000 to make sure Belisaurus committed to being general of his army.

-Mark Schlabach
*espn correction. the year was 516.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

walk-on-wildcat

Post by walk-on-wildcat »

Get his name right! It’s Mark Schlimeball...
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

btfd16 wrote: Greg's shelf life was gone a long time ago.
So now we're into the "Miller should go just because" zone where we just stop referring to any specifics and just push the controversy itself as a reason to let him go? Eff Hansen.
mrqsjhnsnsux

Post by mrqsjhnsnsux »

Longhorned wrote:
97cats wrote:

Looks like the Mr. Bean of the Byzantine
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Newportcat wrote:Take it for what its worth, and its not a source I trust 1000% but did hear the same thing about Heeke and Robbins backing Miller. Heard the big boosters were VERY strong in backing Miller.
The only person I believe is Mark Schlabach
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

EastCoastCat wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
97cats wrote:

Utilizing the assistance of his strong, wealthy wife Theodora, Justinian made the leap to expand his empire in the west. Justinian did not succeed in reclaiming all of that territory, but he did make considerable gains. Belisarius, who acted as Justinian’s general, also played a significant role in the success of Justinian in this regard.

High taxes left the people of Constantinople deeply unhappy. In fact, they were so unhappy, they rioted quite frequently. Justinian put a stop to this. Introducing a Justinian version of Roman Law, Justinian was able to bring down the frequency of the riots. With a strong measure of law and order established, rebuilding this crucial city became possible

His Part In Hagia Sophia
The Hagia Sophia quickly established itself as one of the most extraordinary marvels in the eastern world. This massive church was built as a dedication to Christianity, and it was a stunning accomplishment for the emperor during his reign.

He Conquered
If the mark of a successful emperor is determined by how much land they conquer, then there is no question that Justinian had a rule that was significant. Not only did he conquer Italy, but the leader of the Byzantine Empire also took control of much of the North African coast. Furthermore, Justinian even got as far as Spain.

He Utilized Others
Justinian wasn’t just brilliant and cunning on his own. One of the secrets to his success was the fact that he knew to respect the potential that others could bring to a given situation. For example, he greatly respected the exceptional, deeply political mind of his wife Theodora. He trusted his general Belisarius to handle military operations. His reign was a successful one for a number of reasons. There is no question that one of his most significant accomplishments was enjoying a reign that took full advantage of those around him. It could certainly be one of main keys to his success, during a reign that lasted for several decades.

Reads like a great recruiter who was also excelled at the X's or O's.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

How does Hansen honestly still write for the paper?
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Ironic isn't it?
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
97cats wrote:

-Mark Schlabach
*espn correction. the year was 516.
*correction 2, the conversation is believed to have occurred at some point in the Dark Ages, and perhaps not precisely in 516. Also, it appears the name of the general is incorrect and the general in question is not a dinosaur.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Merkin wrote:
EastCoastCat wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
97cats wrote:

His Part In Hagia Sophia

He Conquered

He Utilized Others

Reads like a great recruiter who was also excelled at the X's or O's.
Also appears if he cared for destroying his rivals.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Hey i noticed that UFC fight night is on fs1 before our game tonight.
walk-on-wildcat

Post by walk-on-wildcat »

MountainCat wrote:
Ironic isn't it?
You are right Greg...Nothing last forever including your job.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

1580 here in Phoenix just said multiple sources say Miller returning and the deal will be restructured. Not sure if PPU is one source. Just passing it on.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

me thinks some news that is good is around the corner.....97
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

I would absolutely LOVE to see Miller walk onto the court tonight before the game!
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

i swear when i first saw that picture i thought Miller was getting ready to puff an inhaler
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

97cats

Post by 97cats »

azcat49 wrote:me thinks some news that is good is around the corner.....97
Winger is the man

stay tuned....
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

BBQ wildcat wrote:I would absolutely LOVE to see Miller walk onto the court tonight before the game!
Imagine the cheer that will arise.

Deafening.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PieceOfMeat wrote:i swear when i first saw that picture i thought Miller was getting ready to puff an inhaler

Same here, exactly what I thought.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Hmmmm
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

97cats wrote:
azcat49 wrote:me thinks some news that is good is around the corner.....97
Winger is the man

stay tuned....
I need some Winger in my life, bring it on!
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

I bet our emails to the AD and prez worked their magic and helped guide them. Along with the big boosters of course haha.
Dosia

Post by Dosia »

I have my tickets for tonight and I am fucking HYPED
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

I ♥️ Miller
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Dosia wrote:I have my tickets for tonight and I am fucking HYPED
Lose your voice Dosia!
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Miller is a fucking witch if he survives this
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

CalStateTempe wrote:
Dosia wrote:I have my tickets for tonight and I am fucking HYPED
Lose your voice Dosia!
Might be one of the loudest games since Gonzaga or Florida. Plus imagine if Trier is cleared. I am very jealous.
OSCat

Post by OSCat »

In Millers Son I trust
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

NYCat wrote:Miller is a fucking witch if he survives this
Fucking Gandalf

Maybe he has a change of heart after all this and wants to stay at Arizona.
OSCat

Post by OSCat »

Win and Vindicate
97cats

Post by 97cats »

lets look at this another way, lets say that the ESPN fuck up was actually a blessing in disguise for Sean Miller and the University of Arizona.

how you say...stay with me --

what is the sides were on a mutual track to separate amicably at the end of the season before the bogus ESPN report and, because of the bogus report, the two sides (Miller & the University) were forced to communicate and together resulting in a restructured a long term deal that gave the university protection if future implication that are VALID ever arise.

if they don't, incentives in the deal for Miler to be satisfied and protection to the university in case of more blind-sides.

both sides get support and leadership from each other and the relationship gets stronger through this conflict, avoiding a amicable separation after the season.

however, in the event Miller would get reinstated, and Trier gets cleared, i would not be shocked if Arizona made a passionate and deep run in March resulting in a Final Four.

stay tuned
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

TOLD YA SO!!!
#FREE ZO COMING SOON
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

I am emotionally erect
BE4RDOWN21

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

CalStateTempe wrote:
Fucking Gandalf

Maybe he has a change of heart after all this and wants to stay at Arizona.
Well he should. This past week was a clear demonstration of the passion this fan base exudes. Damn proud and I'll be there tonight to lose my voice along with Dosia
97cats

Post by 97cats »

that was my exact quote on September 29, 2017 on this exact very site just days after the scandal hit.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Who ever posted that their son said “maybe I shouldnt care about sports so much” should pull him aside and say that everything works out in the end. ;)

Bear down!