Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

jsbowl16

Re: Sean Miller

Post by jsbowl16 »

jsbowl16 wrote:I said yesterday morning on this thread that we wouldnt get an announcement yesterday so I am going to try for two for two here. I have a feeling we will hear today that Miller will be allowed to coach but his contract will be changed to year to year. That way the University doesnt just go on hearsay and get rid of him but also has some protection if something else comes out. To top it off, Miller comes back next year because at this point I am not sure if he has any other feasible options in coaching.

This might be wishful thinking but I am hoping this is how it plays out.
If the news is true, I need to buy a lottery ticket today.
walk-on-wildcat

Post by walk-on-wildcat »

Merkin wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:i swear when i first saw that picture i thought Miller was getting ready to puff an inhaler

Same here, exactly what I thought.
I was thinking maybe it was this...he needs a little Maui Wowie right now!
jajoyce

Post by jajoyce »

NYCat wrote:Miller is a fucking witch if he survives this
Truer words have never been spoken. #FREEZO
SandwichGuy

Post by SandwichGuy »

Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

97.... you da man...

Please be true!!!!!
jajoyce

Post by jajoyce »

SandwichGuy wrote:Image
I've missed you.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Exactly 97, I can’t help but wonder what Miller is feeling toward the fan base right now , all of us big and small.

If anything I hope it fills his “tank” a little on being at Arizona.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Hell yeah its great day!!!

Sandwich guy made an appearance!
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

SandwichGuy wrote:french toast picture
heyyyyy that's not a sandwich!
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

NYCat

Post by NYCat »

-_-
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

FREE MUTHAFUCKIN ZO
SandwichGuy

Post by SandwichGuy »

Prepare yourself
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

SandwichGuy wrote:Image
Holy shit, haven’t seen one of your posts in ages.
phxcat23

Post by phxcat23 »

97cats wrote:lets look at this another way, lets say that the ESPN fuck up was actually a blessing in disguise for Sean Miller and the University of Arizona.

how you say...stay with me --

what is the sides were on a mutual track to separate amicably at the end of the season before the bogus ESPN report and, because of the bogus report, the two sides (Miller & the University) were forced to communicate and together resulting in a restructured a long term deal that gave the university protection if future implication that are VALID ever arise.

if they don't, incentives in the deal for Miler to be satisfied and protection to the university in case of more blind-sides.

both sides get support and leadership from each other and the relationship gets stronger through this conflict, avoiding a amicable separation after the season.

however, in the event Miller would get reinstated, and Trier gets cleared, i would not be shocked if Arizona made a passionate and deep run in March resulting in a Final Four.

stay tuned
If this is true and the relationship has strengthened, then Miller is going to be around for a while. I like his intensity, and think he can eventually take us to the Holy Land, and with the Romar hire, hopefully like many have said, his style will change a bit. I don't even know what to think right now. So up and down the last week.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

97cats wrote:lets look at this another way, lets say that the ESPN fuck up was actually a blessing in disguise for Sean Miller and the University of Arizona.

what is the sides were on a mutual track to separate amicably at the end of the season before the bogus ESPN report and, because of the bogus report, the two sides (Miller & the University) were forced to communicate and together resulting in a restructured a long term deal that gave the university protection if future implication that are VALID ever arise.

if they don't, incentives in the deal for Miler to be satisfied and protection to the university in case of more blind-sides.

both sides get support and leadership from each other and the relationship gets stronger through this conflict, avoiding a amicable separation after the season.

however, in the event Miller would get reinstated, and Trier gets cleared, i would not be shocked if Arizona made a passionate and deep run in March resulting in a Final Four.

stay tuned
Frankly, I think ESPN also helped us by outkicking their coverage Friday. If they had waiting and relased in smaller chunks, I think Miller would be gone. The story would be digging him in deeper.

Instead, they dropped a huge allegation that they couldn't sustain and is getting slowly walked back. Instead of the momentum being bad for Miller, there's backlash against ESPN for going too far without facts to support it. The momentum is actually somehow in our favor.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

And if Miller and Zo are somehow back tonight...BRING EM OUT!!!

Beefcurtainsandwich

Post by Beefcurtainsandwich »

Did you ever have something in your life that you take for granted and maybe even complain about and only when you are faced with losing it do you realize it's true value and how much it adds to your life and how much you would lose if it was gone and how hard it would be to replace?
Me neither
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

I need Barstool to come back out with those "ESPN LIES" shirts custom to Arizona.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

I think most of us have lived under the shadow of Morder fearing the eye of the NCAA and convinced on some level that Miller is guilty...

I know I have and that latent fear has a way of making you forget the shire that Miller quite possibly IS completely innocent of everything, with the caveat that he allowed a rogue assistant to remain without checking his pockets for a ring (tone).

I get the idea that there is a narrative of Miller being a recruiting bull in a china shop pissing off other programs with booster resources that never cross his desk but provide a steady flow of top recruits...but that narrative is apparently harder to prove than the existence of Bigfoot.

What if he is totally innocent? Even of the innuendo and suspected darkweb recruiting?

We should at least entertain that notion.
In re UofA

Post by In re UofA »

I hope the rumors are true.

Let’s get it!
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I've always thought if the UofA honestly backs him up there was no way for him to just walk away right now
phxcat23

Post by phxcat23 »

CatFanOneMil wrote:I think most of us have lived under the shadow of Morder fearing the eye of the NCAA and convinced on some level that Miller is guilty...

I know I have and that latent fear has a way of making you forget the shire that Miller quite possibly IS completely innocent of everything, with the caveat that he allowed a rogue assistant to remain without checking his pockets for a ring (tone).

I get the idea that there is a narrative of Miller being a recruiting bull in a china shop pissing off other programs with booster resources that never cross his desk but provide a steady flow of top recruits...but that narrative is apparently harder to prove than the existence of Bigfoot.

What if he is totally innocent? Even of the innuendo and suspected darkweb recruiting?

We should at least entertain that notion.
And now with Book out of the way, hopefully we find someone more competent that doesn't make poor choices and we don't have to deal with any of this kind of crap again.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

PieceOfMeat wrote:i swear when i first saw that picture i thought Miller was getting ready to puff an inhaler
Me too
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

That’s where I’m at too A.

No fucking way.

As spiff said, there is some major codependency between Miller and arizona and we are getting more than a walk in the park out of this!
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

btfd16 wrote:I need Barstool to come back out with those "ESPN LIES" shirts custom to Arizona.
In Vegas we need to do something for this. Maybe at the TV timeouts we all chant this?
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

maybe 97 knows if Miller has seen the outpouring of support from us fans?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
phxcat23

Post by phxcat23 »

PHXCATS wrote:
btfd16 wrote:I need Barstool to come back out with those "ESPN LIES" shirts custom to Arizona.
In Vegas we need to do something for this. Maybe at the TV timeouts we all chant this?
It would be money to have some signs or banner printed up so when free throws are shot, in the background the cameras are picking up "ESPN LIES"
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

If this goes down like we think it might I wouldn't want to face this team in any round in the Tourney (assuming Zo is set free).

Can you imagine the friggin chip on their shoulders?
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

I think it's fairly agreeable that this team's biggest weakness was a lack of fire/effort on defense. This really could turn into an amazing 30 for 30. What a crazy week.

Also - not uncommon for us Arizona Wildcats it seems. :lol:
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

phxcat23 wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
It would be money to have some signs or banner printed up so when free throws are shot, in the background the cameras are picking up "ESPN LIES"
These were what they had before. They discontinued them, but every once in a while will come back out with them
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Bear Down Vegas wrote:I think it's fairly agreeable that this team's biggest weakness was a lack of fire/effort on defense. This really could turn into an amazing 30 for 30. What a crazy week.

Maybe this is what Miller planned to finally get through to the team?

4D chess baby, millers a witch!

:)
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

CalStateTempe wrote:
Bear Down Vegas wrote:I think it's fairly agreeable that this team's biggest weakness was a lack of fire/effort on defense. This really could turn into an amazing 30 for 30. What a crazy week.

Hmmm. I like it. Kind of like Coach K fakes an injury whenever the team isn't playing well?
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

Its funny you say that. I was thinking earlier this week that maybe the lawyer or whoever leaked the info to Schlongenberger has a lot of money on us to win it all and needed us to play with a chip on our shoulder.
Last edited by jsbowl16 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

pokinmik wrote:I am emotionally erect
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

azgreg wrote:
This is the greatest gif I have ever seen...
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

If the rumors are true this day will live in infamy for all of us. On my deathbed I will remember where I was sitting as I typed this.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

azgreg wrote:
Lol
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

pokinmik wrote:If the rumors are true this day will live in infamy for all of us. On my deathbed I will remember where I was sitting as I typed this.
Just as much as 12/15/12.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

btfd16 wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:

Hmmm. I like it. Kind of like Coach K fakes an injury whenever the team isn't playing well?
Sure! Miller see that and says “whatever K I’m gonna restructure my contract under the guise of getting terminated! Up that bitch, nastiness is required!”
BE4RDOWN21

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

azgreg wrote:
pokinmik wrote:If the rumors are true this day will live in infamy for all of us. On my deathbed I will remember where I was sitting as I typed this.
Just as much as 12/15/12.
I was at a bar in Austin, Texas on that day. Pretty sure I was the only Cats fan in the bar
Pop McKale

Post by Pop McKale »

azgreg wrote:
Good gravy... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Hilarious. Miller and AZ does kind of soar alone like an eagle!
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
prh

Post by prh »

stay tuned
ok i'm listening...
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Yes!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

MrBug708 wrote:Yes!
Was the question, "Do you miss corduroy?"
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Did he touch the ball?
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

I am afraid to say anything right now. Or think anything. Or feel anything.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Longhorned wrote:
Was the question, "Do you miss corduroy?"
I can't be happy that Miller is staying?
ZONACAT

Post by ZONACAT »

stay tuned
Fire Heeke. I mean it.

The decision being made today should have been made last Friday. The contract details could have been negotiated with Miller as still acting HC. If new valid information came out that would force Robbin's hand, you could then proceed to make a move but we ALL KNEW THAT WASN'T COMING. Instead, there were days of apparently sometimes acrimonious discussions between lawyers and a program in complete limbo.

I am pissed Heeke acted on baseless media narrative. It is fucking obvious ESPN was upset that Yahoo beat them to those documents and let Schlabach release a terribly unethical story in an effort to one up Yahoo and drive narrative. Heeke should have forcefully made that argument to Walton and Pasch on Saturday. Instead we got shit on all day by ESPN.

If Heeke thought there should be a mutual separation after the season. Fire him. If Miller wanted to walk that is on him, but this administration should have been backing Sean the entire time. I do not want to see Heeke make a hire under the cloud of NCAA sanctions.

Another thing. Outside of Scheer, the local journalists were a disgrace and it is up to Arizona fans to force these jokers out. There were clear red flags with the story and Pascoe and Hansen did fuck all to explore those ethical issues. Instead, they jumped on the narrative. Hansen should be ran out of town. Miller should tell Pascoe to go fuck himself and go learn some journalism ethics.

There should be a statue of Scheer outside of McKale for saving this program from Tim Floyd and going to bat for Miller.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »