Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

CatzManiac

Re: Sean Miller

Post by CatzManiac »

May be i am the only one out of loop, what is Winger's handle on this site?
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

ZONACAT wrote:
97cats wrote:lets look at this another way, lets say that the ESPN fuck up was actually a blessing in disguise for Sean Miller and the University of Arizona.

how you say...stay with me --

what is the sides were on a mutual track to separate amicably at the end of the season before the bogus ESPN report and, because of the bogus report, the two sides (Miller & the University) were forced to communicate and together resulting in a restructured a long term deal that gave the university protection if future implication that are VALID ever arise.

if they don't, incentives in the deal for Miler to be satisfied and protection to the university in case of more blind-sides.

both sides get support and leadership from each other and the relationship gets stronger through this conflict, avoiding a amicable separation after the season.

however, in the event Miller would get reinstated, and Trier gets cleared, i would not be shocked if Arizona made a passionate and deep run in March resulting in a Final Four.

stay tuned
Fire Heeke. I mean it.

The decision being made today should have been made last Friday. The contract details could have been negotiated with Miller as still acting HC. If new valid information came out that would force Robbin's hand, you could then proceed to make a move but we ALL KNEW THAT WASN'T COMING. Instead, there were days of apparently sometimes acrimonious discussions between lawyers and a program in complete limbo.

I am pissed Heeke acted on baseless media narrative. It is fucking obvious ESPN was upset that Yahoo beat them to those documents and let Schlabach release a terribly unethical story in an effort to one up Yahoo and drive narrative. Heeke should have forcefully made that argument to Walton and Pasch on Saturday. Instead we got shit on all day by ESPN.

If Heeke thought there should be a mutual separation after the season. Fire him. If Miller wanted to walk that is on him, but this administration should have been backing Sean the entire time. I do not want to see Heeke make a hire under the cloud of NCAA sanctions.

Another thing. Outside of Scheer, the local journalists were a disgrace and it is up to Arizona fans to force these jokers out. There were clear red flags with the story and Pascoe and Hansen did fuck all to explore those ethical issues. Instead, they jumped on the narrative. Hansen should be ran out of town. Miller should tell Pascoe to go fuck himself and go learn some journalism ethics.

There should be a statue of Scheer outside of McKale for saving this program from Tim Floyd and going to bat for Miller.
This is now the second major decision that Heeke has been tepid little bitch about. He absolutely should be fired. Frankly, Robbins should be fired as well for his aloof answer from the golf course about this issue. I have to give Doug and Wolf on the Phx radio show this morning big time credit for calling both Heeke and Robbins out for their piss poor leadership from a public perspective. Just awful.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

EVERYBODY BREATHE.... I CANT WAIT UNTIL 2:30...
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

[tweet][/tweet]https://twitter.com/DickieV/status/969258468027916291

Dick Vitale‏Verified account
@DickieV
Tom Izzo speaks out on various issues ! Take moment to read #Dont RushtoJudgement https://amp.freep.com/amp/383641002" target="_blank
Last edited by Irish27 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

1230 presser here we go
Junior

Post by Junior »

Press conference at 12:30 Tucson time!
phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

okay, seriously that eagle x-ray boner gif may get me fired. LOL
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

ZONACAT wrote:
97cats wrote:lets look at this another way, lets say that the ESPN fuck up was actually a blessing in disguise for Sean Miller and the University of Arizona.

what is the sides were on a mutual track to separate amicably at the end of the season before the bogus ESPN report and, because of the bogus report, the two sides (Miller & the University) were forced to communicate and together resulting in a restructured a long term deal that gave the university protection if future implication that are VALID ever arise.

if they don't, incentives in the deal for Miler to be satisfied and protection to the university in case of more blind-sides.

both sides get support and leadership from each other and the relationship gets stronger through this conflict, avoiding a amicable separation after the season.

however, in the event Miller would get reinstated, and Trier gets cleared, i would not be shocked if Arizona made a passionate and deep run in March resulting in a Final Four.

stay tuned
Fire Heeke. I mean it.

The decision being made today should have been made last Friday. The contract details could have been negotiated with Miller as still acting HC. If new valid information came out that would force Robbin's hand, you could then proceed to make a move but we ALL KNEW THAT WASN'T COMING. Instead, there were days of apparently sometimes acrimonious discussions between lawyers and a program in complete limbo.

I am pissed Heeke acted on baseless media narrative. It is fucking obvious ESPN was upset that Yahoo beat them to those documents and let Schlabach release a terribly unethical story in an effort to one up Yahoo and drive narrative. Heeke should have forcefully made that argument to Walton and Pasch on Saturday. Instead we got shit on all day by ESPN.

If Heeke thought there should be a mutual separation after the season. Fire him. If Miller wanted to walk that is on him, but this administration should have been backing Sean the entire time. I do not want to see Heeke make a hire under the cloud of NCAA sanctions.

Another thing. Outside of Scheer, the local journalists were a disgrace and it is up to Arizona fans to force these jokers out. There were clear red flags with the story and Pascoe and Hansen did fuck all to explore those ethical issues. Instead, they jumped on the narrative. Hansen should be ran out of town. Miller should tell Pascoe to go fuck himself and go learn some journalism ethics.

There should be a statue of Scheer outside of McKale for saving this program from Tim Floyd and going to bat for Miller.
This is where it gets difficult and I agree with what Washingtons coach had to say. Someone could post something on social media tomorrow and if it gets picked up by the right media, it could keep a player from playing or a coach from coaching for weeks or even months until someone can figure out what is right or wrong about that info. At the end of the day all college sports programs need support from boosters and if a news article paints a bad picture, the sports program could be clouded and have little to no support from boosters if they do not do the right thing. This is why it took so long to make a decision because all the ducks needed to be in a row. This doesnt happen in pro sports because they dont have to keep the boosters happy. This situation in college sports of falsely accusing players and coaches will continue until someone (hopefully ESPN) gets their pants sued off.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Where do we watch the presser?
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Longhorned wrote:Where do we watch the presser?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

ZONACAT wrote:

stay tuned
Fire Heeke. I mean it.

Heeke was placed in an awfully difficult position, but that's what he signed up for, and he dropped the ball.

This is a great post. Glad to see you back, Zonacat.
phxcat23

Post by phxcat23 »

CSM at the end of his presser saying he's staying: "Oh and one more thing.....Trier is playing."
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

phenom5 wrote:okay, seriously that eagle x-ray boner gif may get me fired. LOL
Lol I thought your had a mutual destruction pact with your colleuge? :lol:
prh

Post by prh »

I think hiring Heeke and Robbins right now would be similar to the idea of firing Miller on Saturday. Let's allow this to play out and see where it goes. There are so many factors and people involved, and they have to do what's best for the university, not just today or Saturday, but going forward into the future. That includes avoiding egg on their or the university's face.
Last edited by prh on Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

1 hour until we know our fate

If Milker and Trier are back we are winning this whole mother fucker
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

phxcat23 wrote:CSM at the end of his presser saying he's staying: "Oh and one more thing.....Trier is playing."
Like his U of A commercial or like Tebow when he said he was coming back? Either way would be awesome
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

PHXCATS wrote:
phxcat23 wrote:CSM at the end of his presser saying he's staying: "Oh and one more thing.....Trier is playing."
Like his U of A commercial or like Tebow when he said he was coming back? Either way would be awesome
Do it like the UofA commercial, but just say "Oh and one more thing..." then have Trier walk in to the press conference game ready.
SteveKerrsStroke

Post by SteveKerrsStroke »

btfd16 wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Perfect timing for this gif
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

Whatever happens with Miller we need to work on Sean's PR, especially whoever puts these public statements out. He never specifically denies anything in particular, just "I'll be vindicated"? Any of the following could easily have been added to make the statement much less suspicious:

- "I have never spoken to Dawkins or ASM regarding any kind of payment to any recruit."
- "Yes we talked but we only discussed income inequality in America and the Bahamas"
- "I dialed the wrong number."
- "I was being treated for exhaustion"

cmon this is PR 101 deny deny deny!
Last edited by RiseAndFire on Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
phxcat23

Post by phxcat23 »

btfd16 wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Do it like the UofA commercial, but just say "Oh and one more thing..." then have Trier walk in to the press conference game ready.
I'd be so jacked if he did that. Would definitely be showing off his balls.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

I sent my emails to Heeke and Robbins last night so know I did what I could to keep Miller
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

RiseAndFire wrote:Whatever happens with Miller we need to work on Sean's PR, especially whoever puts these public statements out. He never specifically denies anything in particular, just "I'll be vindicated"? Any of the following could easily have been added to make the statement much less suspicious:

- "I have never spoken to Dawkins or ASM regarding any kind of payment to any recruit."
- "Yes we talked but we only discussed income inequality in America and the Bahamas"
- "I dialed the wrong number."
- "I was being treated for exhaustion"

cmon this is PR 101 deny deny deny!
Get bent. Your ban poll is scheduled for 1 p.m. MST.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

btfd16 wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
I am a little concerned if that happens that Trier will have to be game ready for 7 hours or so until the game actually starts but I fucking love it
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

phxcat23 wrote:
btfd16 wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
I'd be so jacked if he did that. Would definitely be showing off his balls.
And then "PS... were suing the shit out of ESPN, Dickie V, Schlabach, Bilas and Hansen. Good day"
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

ZONACAT wrote:

stay tuned
Fire Heeke. I mean it.

Miss seeing your takes Zonacat. Couldn't agree more, Heeke has been acting like a chickenshit manager not a leader of a top Athletic program that has a 10 Basketball program to protect.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Hopefully Miller's comes guns a blazing if he is being retained
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

NYCat wrote:Hopefully Miller's comes guns a blazing if he is being retained
Glad Myron Medcalf is in Tucson for this one. That way Miller personally can tell ESPN to eat a dick.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Heeke was put in an impossible position

ESPN reported this as fact and it was assumed they had the tape.

Heeke took his time, facts were gathered and here we are today.

What more could you ask of him?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Getting on a plane back to Tucson from DFW at that exact time.

Will I be landing to scorched earth or party?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

These next 30 minutes are going to feel like days
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

UAEebs86 wrote:Getting on a plane back to Tucson from DFW at that exact time.

Will I be landing to scorched earth or party?
Buy WiFi... It's like $8 and I think this warrants it...
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

btfd16 wrote:
Longhorned wrote:Where do we watch the presser?
The amount of traffic from this site alone will crash P12.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

97cats wrote:
NYCat wrote:Miller is a fucking witch if he survives this
that was my exact quote on September 29, 2017 on this exact very site just days after the scandal hit.
That was (and continues to be) one of my favorite posts on this site.
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

Myron Medcalf just tweeted about the press conference and the first commentor asked him where Schlabach is hiding.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

If Miller stays that is a giant fuck you to ESPN.

Will they be forced to issue a statement and come out of radio silence?
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Will Hansen be at the press conference,
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

CalStateTempe wrote:
Lol I thought your had a mutual destruction pact with your colleuge? :lol:
That only applies to data on our machines...doesn't help for people walking by seeing a star-spangled eagle dick getting erect all over my screen!
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Irish27 wrote:Will Hansen be at the press conference,
Dear lord I hope so.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

By the way it's NSFW.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

i'm going to lunch at 1230. perfect timing
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

btfd16 wrote:
Irish27 wrote:Will Hansen be at the press conference,
Dear lord I hope so.
If Hansen is there I hope Miller announces he is staying and then promptly...

Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

You Arizona fans are freaking rabid nuts.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Bosy Billups wrote:
Love it.
Osborn

Post by Osborn »

Alieberman wrote:Heeke was put in an impossible position

How about: "The ESPN report is troubling if true and is not consistent with my understanding and regard for Coach Miller, whose integrity has been unimpeachable and his representation of the University, unqualifiedly superb. Rest assured we will investigate the allegations contained in the ESPN report and do what we feel is best for the University and our student-athletes. Bear Down (motherfuckers)!"
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Alieberman wrote:Heeke was put in an impossible position

Agree wholeheartedly.

A lot of ADs would have just written him off...the future risk and all that.

If they have found a way to put Sean on the sideline AND mitigate risk? I am all in for Heeke. He also got the money for Sumlin and they floated some massive balloons. This story has allowed Scheer to reclaim some position lost in that process, but it seems Heeke played it perfectly. And if the president of the school is cool with it, too? Good on both of them.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Longhorned wrote:You Arizona fans are freaking rabid nuts.
Thank you. I resemble that remark.
elriop20

Post by elriop20 »

btfd16 wrote:
Bosy Billups wrote:
Love it.
Right before they charge miller and take him to prison :lol: