BE4RDOWN21

Re: Sean Miller

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

Miller better start working on securing some grad transfers now
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:So I was thinking about the GOAT rapper's lyrics today. This one occurred to me about Sean Miller:

Five shots couldn't drop me, I took it and smiled
Now I'm back to set the record straight
I'm still the thug that you love to hate
Mothef***er, I hit 'em up

It's appropriate ESPN is on the East Coast and that Arizona wears red.
I always have way too much fun when we do these :lol:

Arizona vs ASU? You tell me who won?
I see Bobby, he runs, ha ha
ASU dont wanna see us
Whole "Guard U" bullshit, look at them tryin to be us
How the f-ck they gonna be Guard U when none of them gonna have NBA jobs?
Our ex-players are millionaires
Top 5 classes every year aint fair, but somebody else besides Calipari gotta do it
Oh yeah, Daily Star, you wanna f-ck with us?
Non-athletic ass motherf-ckers, arent one of you from Utah or somethin?
You mess with me, you f-ck around and get excommunicated from the mormon church and Tucson
You better back the f-ck up before you get smacked the f-ck up
This is how we do it at Arizona
Any of you ESPN clowns wanna bring it, bring it
Book may be singin but we bringin drama, f-ck Schlabach and his motherf-ckin mama
We winning a national title motherf-ckers
Now when I came out I told you I didn't pay Deandre
Then everybody had to open their mouth with a motherf_ckin opinion
Well, this is how we gonna do this: f-ck Schlabach, f-ck Dicky V
F-ck ESPN as a staff, television station and a motherf-ckin crew
And if you wanna be down with ESPN, f-ck you too
Jay Bilas, f-ck you too. All you Bristol motherf-ckers, f-ck you too.
All of yall motherf-ckers, hope your careers die slow
Motherf-cker, we goin to the final fo'
You motherf-ckers cant be us or see us
We motherf-ckin Wildcats, westside til we die
Out here in Arizona we'll dunk on you motherf-ckers. We do our job.
You think you the mob? We are the motherf-ckin mob
Aint nothin but shooters and real packline defenders, even Bobby Hurley feels us
Our boy Ayton goes triple and quadruple double
You clowns laugh cause your staff got awards under their motherf-ckin belts
You know how it is, when Trier dunks the McKale crowd is felt
You bitches cant feel it, we the realest
F-ck em, we ESPN killas
Great stuff. My only unanswered questions are if Schlabach is fat and whether he has a wife. It matters for the spoken word intro.
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

On the Bill Simmons podcast today they talk about Miller vs. ESPN open the show with it. Spreading more.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Olsondogg wrote:One note about Jay Bilas. I was struck at first about how hard he went into Miller a week ago, and about how he's defending himself and ESPN's reporting now...

Then I realized...he's a lawyer and clearly thinks that what he said was about a public figure and can be said without retribution, and he also knows how college basketball operates and is betting that even if a lawsuit is filed against ESPN, the discovery of that litigation is too scary for Arizona/Miller to proceed.

So really he feels safe saying whatever he wants, no matter how ridiculous.

I'm actually kinda sad over this because Bilas was one of the last analysts that I actually respected.
Yeah totally agree. Well, Gregg Doyel is still awesome but he has been relegated to Indianaopolis and B1G sports at the Indianapolis Star. Still a flamethrower though.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

splitsecond wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:One note about Jay Bilas. I was struck at first about how hard he went into Miller a week ago, and about how he's defending himself and ESPN's reporting now...

Then I realized...he's a lawyer and clearly thinks that what he said was about a public figure and can be said without retribution, and he also knows how college basketball operates and is betting that even if a lawsuit is filed against ESPN, the discovery of that litigation is too scary for Arizona/Miller to proceed.

So really he feels safe saying whatever he wants, no matter how ridiculous.

I'm actually kinda sad over this because Bilas was one of the last analysts that I actually respected.
Yeah totally agree. Well, Gregg Doyel is still awesome but he has been relegated to Indianaopolis and B1G sports at the Indianapolis Star. Still a flamethrower though.
Doyel has quite a history with Arizona fans. Not a good one...
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Merkin wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Merkin wrote:
UAtrue wrote:
btfd16 wrote:I nominate this Trey Mason person as the most jackass of former UA BB players.
Read this, and you might feel otherwise.

https://247sports.com/college/ucla/Boar ... y-54177023" target="_blank
I know the real story and I don't feel otherwise at all.
I do appreciate you bringing that up. Don't care to know the details, but if you say that's not the case, that's good enough for me. I withdraw my comment!
Choo is right, real story very different then that article. There is a reason Stanley called out Trey via Twitter
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Not sure if this was brought up, but based on Miller's statement I think the following happened (This by the way is just my opinion)

It is clear Miller has met and/or talked with Christian Dawkins - Said this
My best guess is it was for the first time last summer after Book met him - Has to be as he said he met or talked with Dawkins after Ayton committed
Dawkins was clearly working to get money for Bowen - This is proven
Bowen is the player Miller mentioned who wanted money - Seems so obvious
Miller and him did have a conversation about Bowen and my best guess it was recorded but Miller (Robbins told ABOR that he would not be shocked if Miller was recorded or there were 100 tapes on him) did not want to pay for Bowen hence we took Akot. That call might be the only time Dawkins and Miller ever spoke and I bet if the tape came out Dawkins talked about Money, Miller said he should deal with him and nothing happened. We clearly did not get Bowen
Bowen was mistaken for Ayton (Maybe intentially to hurt us as if they said Miller discussed paying Bowen, well he never signed with Arizona so no proof we paid him so would not be a big story)

Miller was very careful in his words in that speech so if a tape came out with him talking to Dawkins about Bowen and $100K comes out, Miller can go, I never denied that. Dawkins asked for $100K and I told him no or I said I would get back to him and clearly we never paid it as Bowen signed somewhere else. He was the recruit I mentioned in my original speech.

So yes, I believe Miller is on a call with Dawkins and Dawkins made a financial ask and it went no where. Dawkins is probably trying to make this thing bigger to save his own ass.

And this is what Miller told to the U of A on Saturday so this is why Ayton played. And then the U of A had to access the damage of keeping Miller knowing a tape could still surface. That's why Miller's statement to me leaves them this out. Miller all but gift wrapped there being a tape of him discussing things with Dawkins about a "recruit".

Again just my opinion and someone gave ESPN somewhat correct intel they didnt verify and just ran with. They probably now know a tape is out there, they got the player wrong, but dont want to look stupid

In the end it was probably a whole lot of nothing
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Newportcat wrote:Not sure if this was brought up, but based on Miller's statement I think the following happened (This by the way is just my opinion)

My best guess is it was for the first time last summer after Book met him - Has to be as he said he met or talked with Dawkins after Ayton committed
Miller and him did have a conversation about Bowen and my best guess it was recorded but Miller (Robbins told ABOR that he would not be shocked if Miller was recorded or there were 100 tapes on him) did not want to pay for Bowen hence we took Akot. That call might be the only time Dawkins and Miller ever spoke and I bet if the tape came out Dawkins talked about Money, Miller said he should deal with him and nothing happened. We clearly did not get Bowen
Bowen was mistaken for Ayton (Maybe intentially to hurt us as if they said Miller discussed paying Bowen, well he never signed with Arizona so no proof we paid him so would not be a big story)

Miller was very careful in his words in that speech so if a tape came out with him talking to Dawkins about Bowen and $100K comes out, Miller can go, I never denied that. Dawkins asked for $100K and I told him no or I said I would get back to him and clearly we never paid it as Bowen signed somewhere else. He was the recruit I mentioned in my original speech.

So yes, I believe Miller is on a call with Dawkins and Dawkins made a financial ask and it went no where. Dawkins is probably trying to make this thing bigger to save his own ass.

And this is what Miller told to the U of A on Saturday so this is why Ayton played. And then the U of A had to access the damage of keeping Miller knowing a tape could still surface. That's why Miller's statement to me leaves them this out. Miller all but gift wrapped there being a tape of him discussing things with Dawkins about a "recruit".

Again just my opinion and someone gave ESPN somewhat correct intel they didnt verify and just ran with. They probably now know a tape is out there, they got the player wrong, but dont want to look stupid

I started a thread with the same basic thesis. I think the unexpected return of both Trier and Rawle probably saved us. But, I don't know.

http://www.beardownwildcats.com/viewtop ... f=8&t=5017" target="_blank
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Got it sorry, will discuss in that thread
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Newportcat wrote:Got it sorry, will discuss in that thread
No biggie. This is America, and you can discuss what you want in whatever thread you want.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
No biggie. This is America, and you can discuss what you want in whatever thread you want.
In that case: Biggie > Pac
Joethestuff

Post by Joethestuff »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Newportcat wrote:Not sure if this was brought up, but based on Miller's statement I think the following happened (This by the way is just my opinion)

I started a thread with the same basic thesis. I think the unexpected return of both Trier and Rawle probably saved us. But, I don't know.

http://www.beardownwildcats.com/viewtop ... f=8&t=5017" target="_blank
This...perfect summation!

Been glued to this thread all week...I'll never laugh at another Cosplay or X-Men fanboy again. I get it.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Here is a list of "People close to the Investigation" that would have reason to leak this info on Miller with motive to make it about AYTON, who would also be close enough to Mark Sclabach (anyone else in Florida) to feed him a line and perhaps are dishonest...

Pitino.
Pitino.
UofLousiville
Pitino
Dawkins lawyer
Book Richardson
Pitino
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

CatFanOneMil wrote:Here is a list of "People close to the Investigation" that would have reason to leak this info on Miller with motive to make it about AYTON, who would also be close enough to Mark Sclabach (anyone else in Florida) to feed him a line and perhaps are dishonest...

Pitino.
Pitino.
UofLousiville
Pitino
Dawkins lawyer
Book Richardson
Pitino
You forgot the person I think who is the actual leak, James Gatto
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

PHXCATS wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:Here is a list of "People close to the Investigation" that would have reason to leak this info on Miller with motive to make it about AYTON, who would also be close enough to Mark Sclabach (anyone else in Florida) to feed him a line and perhaps are dishonest...

Pitino.
Pitino.
UofLousiville
Pitino
Dawkins lawyer
Book Richardson
Pitino
You forgot the person I think who is the actual leak, James Gatto
What motive would Gatto have for naming the wrong recruit, wrong time, wrong years?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
America also gives you the freedom to be wrong...depending on the standard you're using.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

I will say this is one of my favorite tweets on this whole saga
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

PHXCATS wrote:I love you Sean. I mean that. I hope you are our coach for a long time. Sometimes it takes losing or almost losing things go change your perspective and mine certainly did this last week. Bear Down coach and thanks for representing UA well this week.
Mad Props to you. Seriously.

You have been a Cat to the core during the course of this entire past week, and contributed some helpful & appreciated input on the BoR.

Good on ya
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

^ amazing gif

I do like the summary above, only thing that would still give pause would be the part, if were somehow true, that "Dawkins asked for $100K and I told him no or I said I would get back to him and clearly we never paid it." If the recordings of Miller's conversation made it seem like Miller was considering paying a player, and not committing to a definite no, that would be a problem, probably/possibly a fire-able offense in the current climate. That was just a theory of course proposed, and I hope and believe Miller didn't go even close to that far. Think a lot of people believe Sean, especially those who know him, and on national media today a lot of people did believe him. What I hope for is some sooner rather than later reveal from these recordings so everyone can move on, and ncaa passes their proposed reforms on player/agency rules and recruiting rules to start with.

Who also got alot of bang for their buck in this whole ordeal is the FBI. They really didn't appear to put a ton of resources to this task, yet what they did made everybody on red alert to shape and force the ncaa into reforms. The charges brought were against the low level assistants, they have allegedly caught some easy prey, and the bigger fish realized they needed to make some changes in an attempt to curtail a bribery culture. The FBI has already accomplished a lot already, even if nobody ever gets convicted of anything.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

rgdeuce wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Biggie is a much larger person then Pac but Pac is ten times better then biggie

Anyways but back to the subject at hand I am glad people can see my logic. Seems like those words and statement were very carefully scripted
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

I believe this is exactly what happened and have since last Sunday... and I suspect that Miller knew the conversation was recorded, and possibly knew that it would be ahead of time.

Others will disagree, but I also believe the "All money discussions go through me" comment could be exculpatory. No freaking way would he be the point person in a pay-for-recruits scheme, unless he is an idiot. He is not an idiot.

It's more believable that he did NOT want Dawkins getting one of his assistants involved where he could not control directly what happened, namely Book. 97Cats said from the start that Miller got ahead of this...

And why might Dawkins (through his attorney) have an incentive to leak a story about the presence of this tape to the media? What might he want revenge for?
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Harvey Specter wrote:

I believe this is exactly what happened and have since last Sunday... and I suspect that Miller knew the conversation was recorded, and possibly knew that it would be ahead of time.

Others will disagree, but I also believe the "All money discussions go through me" comment could be exculpatory. No freaking way would he be the point person in a pay-for-recruits scheme, unless he is an idiot. He is not an idiot.

It's more believable that he did NOT want Dawkins getting one of his assistants involved where he could not control directly what happened, namely Book. 97Cats said from the start that Miller got ahead of this...

And why might Dawkins (through his attorney) have an incentive to leak a story about the presence of this tape to the media? What might he want revenge for?
If this is the scenario, then it really is in Miller's best interest that the tapes are released. Or the FBI gives some context to the situation.
SteveKerrsStroke

Post by SteveKerrsStroke »

So from the above,

It's starting to sound like a reasonable hypothesis that Dawkins was offering Bowen for 100k in exchange for steering Ayton to signing with ASM, and Miller told him to only deal with him on the issue and essentially to fuck off.

Not sure where the 100k comes from - Adidas, UofA boosters, ASM?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

SteveKerrsStroke wrote:So from the above,

It's starting to sound like a reasonable hypothesis that Dawkins was offering Bowen for 100k in exchange for steering Ayton to signing with ASM, and Miller told him to only deal with him on the issue and essentially to fuck off.

100K is the going rate for a 5 star recruit. All across the NCAA.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

Olsondogg wrote:
SteveKerrsStroke wrote:So from the above,

100K is the going rate for a 5 star recruit. All across the NCAA.
See Munish Sood
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Game Day today: ESPN still stands by their report. Bilas still trusts the ESPN report and Schlabach
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

dmjcat wrote:Game Day today: ESPN still stands by their report. Bilas still trusts the ESPN report and Schlabach
True but there was no Az bashing - Jay was "we don't know" Greenberg said "this is personal so I hope Miller was right" and over-the back Williams says it could provide us with extra motivation in the Tourney.

Weenies.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

EastCoastCat wrote:
dmjcat wrote:Game Day today: ESPN still stands by their report. Bilas still trusts the ESPN report and Schlabach
True but there was no Az bashing - Jay was "we don't know" Greenberg said "this is personal so I hope Miller was right" and over-the back Williams says it could provide us with extra motivation in the Tourney.

Weenies.
ESPN hasn't responded to the fourth paragraph of Sean Miller's statement. The burden of proof is on ESPN because they're using an unnamed source and their timeline has changed multiple times. As has their allegation that it was Ayton and not some other player.
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

Wonder why Bilas has to take the stance that he stands by the report, when all he really has to do is say I don't know either way we'll see how it plays out. His digging in on defending a report he has absolutely no way of knowing is true or not is ironic given how he was on the 30 for 30 espn show about the Duke lacross debacle. He basically was advocating for the same position we feel, how everyone jumped the gun on Duke when the allegations came out and that we should wait to see how things develop before convicting anyone. Those players, and the coach, ended up having nothing to do with what they were accused or charged with.

That seems likely to be the case with Miller here, so wonder if he only applies that standard if it is Duke being accused of something? I think when he visits here he does a nice job with his videos he makes with the players and touring the facilities, a balanced viewpoint, so this stance of his just seems weird...like this whole ESPN story to begin with.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

Doesn't he really only say "I trust Schlabach's reporting"? Maybe just giving himself an out when it proves to be false. Then he can just say, "I still trust that he was accurately reporting what was told to him. It just turned out that his source was lying."
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Well Cat fans this is the original TheCat from the old site. I have read this site from day 1 but never posted before. I decided to post today because I have some expertise in investigating allegations of wrong-doing. I work for a major corporation that you would all recognize in the Office of Internal Governance. I coordinate investigation with Law (investigative lawyers), Corporate Audit Investigation (mainly CPA’s), and Corporate Investigation (ex FBI, former cops and a few MP’s). I have investigated folks that make 10X what Sean makes (yes I know that is $30M), a former Admiral, a former Ambassador, SOx allegations, supplier kickback schemes, TINA violations(truth in negotiations act), improper gratuities (Bribes) etc.
I asked some of my colleagues to review the incitements and give me there thoughts in relation to the Sean Miller accusations. The following is a synopsis of what they found.
While you don’t know what the tapes say you do know what the folks said on tapes that are in the incitement. I have no idea whether Sean did any of this but here is another look.
1. As stated in the Book incitement on page 24 “According to DAWKINS, the path to securing commitments was through assistant coaches such as Evans because “the head coach….ain’t willing to take bribes ‘cause they’re making too much money. And it’s too risky”.
2. Same page of the indictment –“DAWKINS stated during a car ride it was “better” to work with assistant coaches – as opposed to a head coach – because then you got direct access to the athletes.
3. Just who is DAWKINS. A 24 y/o who was terminated for use of a professional athlete’s credit card to pay for his own expenses from a ride service Co. - page 20 ( goes to credibility)
4. The only reference to when Dawkins wiretap started that I could fine was August 10th 2017. It references the Dawkins Wiretap.. it may have been before that but it was on at least by then. – page 35.
5. So the meeting under FBI surveillance in Vegas on March 8, 2017 with two coaches assumed to be Book and Past (they were referred to as two unidentified males and one unidentified female). The Corporate Investigation guys thought this was weird because you obviously know what your subjects look like when doing surveillance. Why couldn’t they identify them. It was on video. Page 37.
6. Another thing that the former FBI guy thought was peculiar was the funding structure of Dawkin’s new company. The UC (undercover) was bankrolling 80% and SOOD 20%. – page 42. He said that the FBI tried to get the conspirator in matters like this to fund more so there was never a perception of entrapment.
7. When Dawkins was asked to send us a list top 10 or 15 coaches, Dawkins specifically clarified SOOD meant assistant coaches and SOOD responded in the affirmative. Page 43
8. Other general impressions they had was DAWKINS was a liar and a thief. He was given $25K to give to a recruits dad and only gave him $19.5K – accountants want to know what happened with the rest. page 18/19 of James Gatto inditement. He also asked Book to say they were close and had known each other a long time which was not true.
9. They all wanted to know who leaked the info because if it was the gov’t it is probably true.
10. Other impressions were Book was a novice…a bubbling novice. The rifleman was smooth and may have actually ripped these guys off a little. Bland was smug and over confident.
11. The accountants wanted to know where the $100K was coming from. Sean Miller going to pay out of this pocket ? NO other coach did this and the shoe companies are the ones with that kind of doe. You would have to believe Sean was willing to give about 7% of his BASE pay. They couldn’t figure out where the 100K was coming from so they were very skeptical about that unless Nike was involved.
My thoughts…..Dawkin’s was selling a business model and said he has some assistant’s in his pocket (Book, Bland, Evans etc.) Tell me why he didn’t mention the big fish…Miller. Don’t you think that would make your business infinitely more valuable?
Anyway my contribution on this day.…….TheCat
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

TheCat wrote:Well Cat fans this is the original TheCat from the old site. I have read this site from day 1 but never posted before. I decided to post today because I have some expertise in investigating allegations of wrong-doing. I work for a major corporation that you would all recognize in the Office of Internal Governance. I coordinate investigation with Law (investigative lawyers), Corporate Audit Investigation (mainly CPA’s), and Corporate Investigation (ex FBI, former cops and a few MP’s). I have investigated folks that make 10X what Sean makes (yes I know that is $30M), a former Admiral, a former Ambassador, SOx allegations, supplier kickback schemes, TINA violations(truth in negotiations act), improper gratuities (Bribes) etc.
I asked some of my colleagues to review the incitements and give me there thoughts in relation to the Sean Miller accusations. The following is a synopsis of what they found.
While you don’t know what the tapes say you do know what the folks said on tapes that are in the incitement. I have no idea whether Sean did any of this but here is another look.
1. As stated in the Book incitement on page 24 “According to DAWKINS, the path to securing commitments was through assistant coaches such as Evans because “the head coach….ain’t willing to take bribes ‘cause they’re making too much money. And it’s too risky”.
2. Same page of the indictment –“DAWKINS stated during a car ride it was “better” to work with assistant coaches – as opposed to a head coach – because then you got direct access to the athletes.
3. Just who is DAWKINS. A 24 y/o who was terminated for use of a professional athlete’s credit card to pay for his own expenses from a ride service Co. - page 20 ( goes to credibility)
4. The only reference to when Dawkins wiretap started that I could fine was August 10th 2017. It references the Dawkins Wiretap.. it may have been before that but it was on at least by then. – page 35.
5. So the meeting under FBI surveillance in Vegas on March 8, 2017 with two coaches assumed to be Book and Past (they were referred to as two unidentified males and one unidentified female). The Corporate Investigation guys thought this was weird because you obviously know what your subjects look like when doing surveillance. Why couldn’t they identify them. It was on video. Page 37.
6. Another thing that the former FBI guy thought was peculiar was the funding structure of Dawkin’s new company. The UC (undercover) was bankrolling 80% and SOOD 20%. – page 42. He said that the FBI tried to get the conspirator in matters like this to fund more so there was never a perception of entrapment.
7. When Dawkins was asked to send us a list top 10 or 15 coaches, Dawkins specifically clarified SOOD meant assistant coaches and SOOD responded in the affirmative. Page 43
8. Other general impressions they had was DAWKINS was a liar and a thief. He was given $25K to give to a recruits dad and only gave him $19.5K – accountants want to know what happened with the rest. page 18/19 of James Gatto inditement. He also asked Book to say they were close and had known each other a long time which was not true.
9. They all wanted to know who leaked the info because if it was the gov’t it is probably true.
10. Other impressions were Book was a novice…a bubbling novice. The rifleman was smooth and may have actually ripped these guys off a little. Bland was smug and over confident.
11. The accountants wanted to know where the $100K was coming from. Sean Miller going to pay out of this pocket ? NO other coach did this and the shoe companies are the ones with that kind of doe. You would have to believe Sean was willing to give about 7% of his BASE pay. They couldn’t figure out where the 100K was coming from so they were very skeptical about that unless Nike was involved.
My thoughts…..Dawkin’s was selling a business model and said he has some assistant’s in his pocket (Book, Bland, Evans etc.) Tell me why he didn’t mention the big fish…Miller. Don’t you think that would make your business infinitely more valuable?
Anyway my contribution on this day.…….TheCat

Great post, my first question would be what motive would the FBI have for leaking this info?

As I read the follow up out of Forbes the Prosecution actually complained to the Judge about the leaks and it was interesting because Sood/Gatto team felt the confidential aspects of the gag order covered too much material, BUT there had been no motion to modify the gag order, and as it stands the Judge said "This ends now" and was drafting new rules on the sealed portion of the case (here)

Although Blands lawyer is blaming the FBIfor the Yahoo leaks...
phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

PJ Carlesimo...starting to like that dude. Just said...paraphrasing..."I've known Sean for 30 years, I watched him in high school, coached against him when he was at Pitt...I believe Sean. I am in the Sean Miller camp unless someone can come out with some actual proof, not hearsay."
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

phenom5 wrote:PJ Carlesimo...starting to like that dude. Just said...paraphrasing..."I've known Sean for 30 years, I watched him in high school, coached against him when he was at Pitt...I believe Sean. I am in the Sean Miller camp unless someone can come out with some actual proof, not hearsay."
Great. I always have liked him.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Anyone else notice that Miller has specifically thanked Robbins, but made no mention of Heeke?

I wonder how that affects things going forward if Heeke was the one who suggested Miller not coach at Oregon and Robbins got behind Sean in spite of the AD's position?

Could there be some tension that might be the exit papers and why the ABOR met?

I wonder if there was some behind the scenes tit-for-tat between Miller and Heeke and Robbins threw the deciding vote?

I can understand why Heeks might be trigger happy, not a good start for him, but come on man...and frankly going forward I wonder how this flushes out? Is Heeks going to find out that the ABOR/Boosters want to kepe Miller and he basically has no power there?
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Miller held back some tears. Great experience to be at tonight
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

CatFanOneMil wrote:Anyone else notice that Miller has specifically thanked Robbins, but made no mention of Heeke?

I wonder how that affects things going forward if Heeke was the one who suggested Miller not coach at Oregon and Robbins got behind Sean in spite of the AD's position?

Could there be some tension that might be the exit papers and why the ABOR met?

I wonder if there was some behind the scenes tit-for-tat between Miller and Heeke and Robbins threw the deciding vote?

I can understand why Heeks might be trigger happy, not a good start for him, but come on man...and frankly going forward I wonder how this flushes out? Is Heeks going to find out that the ABOR/Boosters want to kepe Miller and he basically has no power there?
I mentioned it in game thread.
I believe he also only mentioned Robbins in the statement on Thursday too
TyAbbottGotOwned

Post by TyAbbottGotOwned »

Stupid question is a stupid question I know.. none of us has any real idea but,
for someone who hasn't been able to follow the online rumors that closely since the Miller conference on Thursday due to work, what is the prevailing feeling on the board whether CSM leaves after the tourney or not? Has Scheer or 97 leaned one way or the other or is it still entirely up in the air to us right now?
Oderint Dum Metuant
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

TyAbbottGotOwned wrote:Stupid question is a stupid question I know.. none of us has any real idea but,
for someone who hasn't been able to follow the online rumors that closely since the Miller conference on Thursday due to work, what is the prevailing feeling on the board whether CSM leaves after the tourney or not? Has Scheer or 97 leaned one way or the other or is it still entirely up in the air to us right now?
I only read about 1/3rd the posts in this thread since every time I checked in there were pages more of posts.

But the key I think was 97 stating that both Miller and the UA both wanted "a fresh start".

That does not bode well for him staying.

If the UA self imposed a post season ban and lost of scholarships, that would probably just seal it.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

With everything that has happened who is to know. Let the post season play out and re evaluate.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
HaCats

Post by HaCats »

I’ve heard a lot of comparisons to Byrne and Heeke. Has anyone stopped to think how this all might have played out if Ann Weaver Hart was Prez instead of Robbins? That is a scary thought. I said when Robbins was brought on that his arrival would be very beneficial for the athletic department. I had no idea how much, and how soon that would become reality.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Merkin wrote:
TyAbbottGotOwned wrote:Stupid question is a stupid question I know.. none of us has any real idea but,
I only read about 1/3rd the posts in this thread since every time I checked in there were pages more of posts.

But the key I think was 97 stating that both Miller and the UA both wanted "a fresh start".

That does not bode well for him staying.

If the UA self imposed a post season ban and lost of scholarships, that would probably just seal it.
97 also mentioned (and I’m paraphrasing here...) the way the admin and fans got behind Miller through this whole ordeal might have squashed any mutual feelings that separation would be best for all parties.

I could see Miller coming back knowing that the school has his back and that the fans have stopped comparing him to Lute and have embraced him wholeheartedly even though he hasn’t broken through to the Final Four. This may have been the catalyst for him becoming re-energized and ready to rebuild from the ground up.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I'll speak for myself, but I think I'm consistent with what 97 has said: I think Miller is here for the long haul. And whatever happens in the tournament, he's going to wake up the morning after and devote himself fully to putting together another championship season next year, as best as the circumstances permit, and with renewed energy.

1) Take it from the horse's mouth: Sean Miller has never knowingly committed an NCAA violation.

2) Take it from the world: Sean Miller may have committed an NCAA violation.

Now try to square those two. Does it add up to a quality program "winning the press conference" and hiring Sean Miller? Does Miller really strike anyone as the kind of guy who would move to a lower level program after the University of Arizona has supported him in this truly nightmarish instance of bad reporting, and rushes to judgement in the media and public opinion outside of Arizona Basketball, and the strong, loud outpouring of love he's gotten in Tucson?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

You can tell the standing ovation meant a lot to him.

And as difficult as it was for him to leave Xavier, I imagine it will even harder to leave Arizona.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Think Chi nailed it.

We may end up keeping our guy. Hopefully.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

and if so, then the unexpected consequences of ESPN's libel is to give our program a tremendous assist.
prh

Post by prh »

97cats wrote:lets look at this another way, lets say that the ESPN fuck up was actually a blessing in disguise for Sean Miller and the University of Arizona.

how you say...stay with me --

what is the sides were on a mutual track to separate amicably at the end of the season before the bogus ESPN report and, because of the bogus report, the two sides (Miller & the University) were forced to communicate and together resulting in a restructured a long term deal that gave the university protection if future implication that are VALID ever arise.

if they don't, incentives in the deal for Miler to be satisfied and protection to the university in case of more blind-sides.

both sides get support and leadership from each other and the relationship gets stronger through this conflict, avoiding a amicable separation after the season.

however, in the event Miller would get reinstated, and Trier gets cleared, i would not be shocked if Arizona made a passionate and deep run in March resulting in a Final Four.

stay tuned
From morning of March 1, hours prior to CSM's statement. Seems like he might be staying for a while longer
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »