Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Lando05

Re: Sean Miller

Post by Lando05 »

I've been critical of Coach Miller in the past, but there is no one I want to coach this program except coach Miller. I want him here for life and I hope the support the fans ans boosters showed help make that a reality. Ride or die Coach Miller 4 life
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Guy you are all totally wrong. Hansen said Ua would be really really bad next year and Miller wouldn't coach a team like that. When I think trust I think Greg Hansen.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

:D
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

What's the story on Miller V. ESPN/Slabach/Hansen defamation lawsuit? what's the holdup?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

RiseAndFire wrote:What's the story on Miller V. ESPN/Slabach/Hansen defamation lawsuit? what's the holdup?
I'll have my people get right on that.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

RiseAndFire wrote:What's the story on Miller V. ESPN/Slabach/Hansen defamation lawsuit? what's the holdup?
It’s gonna take a little time. Miller is about to do something he's never done before and swore he would never do.

He's implementing a zone lawsuit
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

I have given you the benefit of the doubt before but come on now. You think Miller should be getting on these lawsuits now instead of focusing on the PAC12 and NCAA tournaments?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PHXCATS wrote:I have given you the benefit of the doubt before
Wait, seriously?

I’m glad Rise&Fail was never banned and he’s had the opportunity to reveal just how much he hates Miller and how it has nothing to do with scheme, results, or personnel.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:
Wait, seriously?

I’m glad Rise&Fail was never banned and he’s had the opportunity to reveal just how much he hates Miller and how it has nothing to do with scheme, results, or personnel.
A lawsuit will probably never happen. A libel/defamation claim against a public figure is a low probability of success. Add in that ESPN can always go back to the claim that they reported accurately on what sources said, and....
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Chicat wrote:
Wait, seriously?

The benefit of the doubt expired a long long time ago
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Whats the story on this guy being banned. I know he provides comedic entertainment but at some point you operate on anal fissures. We should cut him out
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Just mute him, turn him into a foe and problem solved.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
prh

Post by prh »

azcat49 wrote:
Whats the story on this guy being banned. I know he provides comedic entertainment but at some point you operate on anal fissures. We should cut him out
Comedic entertainment? I've never seen that. Agree with ODogg, put him on foe and hope no one quotes him.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

prh wrote:
azcat49 wrote:
Comedic entertainment? I've never seen that. Agree with ODogg, put him on foe and hope no one quotes him.
Yea I get that but I would rather bring the pain. Posting here is not a right its a privilege IMO.
mofo

Post by mofo »

Seems like a lot of your time is spent trolling. There's nothing wrong with having a different opinion, but doing it with the intent to stir things up without actually contributing seems like a waste of time. I would hope you have better things to do with your time but you consistently prove me wrong. Get out from in front of your monitor and go do something productive. If everything works out and (god forbid) you decide wasting your time is not in your best interest, you may even be able to move out someday.
prh

Post by prh »

azcat49 oh yeah I'd prefer a ban but I know the board is categorically hesitant to do that
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

You have to keep him, and don't put him on ignore. It helps you remember just how enduringly weird some people are. That's good for when you're at work or the DMV or stuff like that.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Miller is never going to sue, ever. If he was fired he likely would have, but as long as he's a coach he'll never do it. Too much to risk people don't factor in. Discovery & cross examination could be even worse to someone who isn't clean.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

He could always file a lawsuit for the headline and then withdraw it. Perhaps he wants to move on (currently) and focus on the season, but the recruiting damage has to piss him off the most.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
cpt

Post by cpt »

Listening to Bill Simmons podcast...unsurprisingly, he's on Team Arizona, says ESPN report and whole FBI investigation has major holes. Basically they are saying the whole investigation is based on what somebody said they paid - with no receipts, no bank trail, etc which won't hold up in a court of law. Also, that everyone knows best college basketball players get paid and that all coaches have a system in place to keep it ever from coming back to them.

Also, lots of parallels to Deflategate for the Pats and ESPN's rush to judgment on that which was totally bogus.
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

cpt wrote:Listening to Bill Simmons podcast...unsurprisingly, he's on Team Arizona, says ESPN report and whole FBI investigation has major holes. Basically they are saying the whole investigation is based on what somebody said they paid - with no receipts, no bank trail, etc which won't hold up in a court of law. Also, that everyone knows best college basketball players get paid and that all coaches have a system in place to keep it ever from coming back to them.

Also, lots of parallels to Deflategate for the Pats and ESPN's rush to judgment on that which was totally bogus.
Which is why many experienced attorneys said this thing likely gets tossed at some point. They have wire taps but it's all around what the hustler dawkins did with the money. He's not credible.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I put Rise & Fire in the Walmart category. When I'm feeling down about myself I either go to Walmart or read Rise & fire. Both make me feel infinitely better about myself within minutes.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I would be highly surprised if we see any kind of lawsuit.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

azgreg wrote:I put Rise & Fire in the Walmart category. When I'm feeling down about myself I either go to Walmart or read Rise & fire. Both make me feel infinitely better about myself within minutes.

When I'm down I watch Hoarders or Intervention but maybe I should try the R&F route you suggested.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

There will be no lawsuit, but I did notice today that the front page of Espin no longer has any links to Mark Schlabachs article...

There is a possibility that Espn and SchlaNOTbach knew immediately they got the story wrong after 247/et al pointed out the obvious hole in the timeline...but "legal" at the network said "No malice" you can always stand by your story that some source told you "X"...

Schlabach made it clear that the wiretaps were under seal and either outed his source or borderline admitted he did not hear them...

But what if ESPN realized within a few days that the story was a fucking trainwreck if they admit any fault?

Admitting it was erroneous DOES open up the possibility of lawsuit...(not a big possibility but some)...

So the plan of action is leave the story intact wait for the dust to settle, quietly shutter it off the front, and send Mark Schlabach to cover doping scandals in curling players from Siberia...

He hasn't tweated in over a week...his social media presence is ghosted...

Story went from greatest possible scandal to a non story with a ton of fallout for UA...

But ESPN survives regardless...
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

If the ncaa allows players to get money like Olympic athletes starting next year. Agents and sponsors. Will that ruin the feds case? Being how the victims are the universities in the case?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Miller should be Pac COY. He got absolutely ambushed by ESPN, had the entire country question his integrity and character, and still won his league.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Beachcat97 wrote:Miller should be Pac COY. He got absolutely ambushed by ESPN, had the entire country question his integrity and character, and still won his league.
I love Miller but I don't know how it could go to anyone other than UW's coach. What he did is a borderline miracle.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:Miller should be Pac COY. He got absolutely ambushed by ESPN, had the entire country question his integrity and character, and still won his league.
I love Miller but I don't know how it could go to anyone other than UW's coach. What he did is a borderline miracle.
I like what Stanford's coach did as well, but I'd award it to Hopkins for sure.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Winning the conference pretty much excludes you from COY, especially when you were picked to win the conference. Injuries don't seem to matter, and scandals never help. And "Coach" in the sense of "Coach of the Year" doesn't refer to recruiting success, only to team development.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

YoDeFoe wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
I like what Stanford's coach did as well, but I'd award it to Hopkins for sure.
Stanford laid a good groundwork for a resurgence. I like what they did, but UW was such a shock. The fact that they're anywhere around the tourney...I would have laughed at that in the preseason.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

No doubt it should be Hopkins.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

I would bet a lot of money miller is coach of the year next year when we are not as bad as all the pundits will have us at
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Omg, Irish. Legendary.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

It’s like we signed the Ayton of messageboard posters.
BE4RDOWN21

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

Damn dude. That was legit. Specially the Diaper Dandy reference.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Excellent!!!

Staf weights in:
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

IrishAzCat wrote:Image
This post needs to be pinned! Irish making a quick trip to a Legendary Poster Status....Dude, you need your own thread! BTFD.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

IrishAzCat wrote:Image
Iconic. I have emailed this to the very corners of the world.

edit: South Africa; Scotland; Italy; Portugal; Chang Mai; (the furthest of all) Montana.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Bangkok Wildcat

Hey Dove, have you ever been to Chiang Mai? Cool place.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:Hey Dove, have you ever been to Chiang Mai? Cool place.
Sorry for the misspelling. Chiang Mai was a pivotal and foundational moment in my youth, if one is allowed to so define one's own youth. I have a friend there to this day, and friends who reside elsewhere whose meaning to me were founded there.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I nominate IrishAZCat as the official graphic artist of BearDownWildcats
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

Thanks everybody - I can do a lot cooler/better quality things with adobe after effects, but the gif files would be huge - I guess I could make them video files and put them on a free server that allows it - or just make a youtube channel...
Bangkok Wildcat

dovecanyoncat wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:Hey Dove, have you ever been to Chiang Mai? Cool place.
Sorry for the misspelling. Chiang Mai was a pivotal and foundational moment in my youth, if one is allowed to so define one's own youth. I have a friend there to this day, and friends who reside elsewhere whose meaning to me were founded there.
That’s very cool Dove, Vietnam War era?...I can’t believe I’ve really only done the town once right before I got married a long time ago....got to ride the elephants on those steep mountain trails....my badass Mom (RIP) insisted on riding her own bull elephant while taking pics of me and my fiancée on the other bull...only problem was our two elephants were getting irritable with each other and that was a pretty damned scary time...only had some small Thai Dude in between keeping them from fighting. Lol, 55.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

CalStateTempe wrote:It’s like we signed the Ayton of messageboard posters.
Just don’t ask what kind of extra benefits we had to fork over to get him to sign here.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:
Just don’t ask what kind of extra benefits we had to fork over to get him to sign here.
Free premium?
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Merkin wrote:Excellent!!!

Staf weights in:
I scrolled down and just saw the title and didn't see who it was and thought "nice Sean Elliott or Miles are publicly backing Miller " saw it was Staf and just busted out laughing :lol:
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I like how they called staf an “Arizona legend”
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Chicat wrote:
Well, those questions are best fielded by experts. By the way, what exactly is Condoleeza Rice doing with this committee?
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "