Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

catgrad97

Re: Sean Miller

Post by catgrad97 »

Chicat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:So much smoke around Miller right now
How hard is your dick?
No kidding. Even enfuego has more respect than to come in here and post something like that, which says nothing about Miller but plenty about the poster.

We can read and wait to form our own conclusions, TYVM.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

I've felt for a long time Miller wouldn't make it through this season without resigning or being fired. At this point it's really looking to me like Sean Miller will not be our HC in the very near future. Brace for impact.
Captain Obvious

I've felt for a long time Miller wouldn't make it through this season without resigning or being fired. At this point it's really looking to me like Sean Miller will not be our HC in the very near future. Brace for impact.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote:Could it not just be that Phelps did something wrong or that could appear wrong and the AD wants to get ahead of it to say, hey, we are trying to do the right thing, like we always do. We disciplined Phelps when there was enough evidence for us to take action, and we stood behind Miller when there was only a pile of bs.
Yes. But transparency isn't an option. The administration needs to show why a university employee was fired.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Good thing luke Walton is getting canned by the L.A.Bronekers. we could have his dad call all of our games!
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

CalStateTempe wrote:Heeke is a giant pussy.
How? The NCAA is investigating and Phelps has now had to have been investigated twice when he needed to be perfect. This is a smart move in terms of handling the NCAA investigation
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

PHXCATS wrote:
How? The NCAA is investigating and Phelps has now had to have been investigated twice when he needed to be perfect. This is a smart move in terms of handling the NCAA investigation
Shareef didn't even come here. Why are we firing Phelps over transcripts of a student who never came here?
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

catgrad97 wrote:
Chicat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:So much smoke around Miller right now
How hard is your dick?
No kidding. Even enfuego has more respect than to come in here and post something like that, which says nothing about Miller but plenty about the poster.

We can read and wait to form our own conclusions, TYVM.
Miller hired three assistants who are in hot water, and is the HC of a program being investigated by the NCAA,how is there not smoke around him?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

PHXCATS wrote:
You don't even know what he is accused of doing, let alone whether he did it.
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

Wouldn't make any sense to get rid of Miller now. If it happens, everyone in the athletic department needs to be fired.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Pope machina speaks ex cathedra.

Just a general sense heeke gives off.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

AZCatGirl wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Shareef didn't even come here. Why are we firing Phelps over transcripts of a student who never came here?
That does not matter at all. Why was he being investigated then? He obviously did something not correct or there would be no investigation and he needed to be perfect when the FBI investigation started and when he fucked up with Pinder. No excuses. Firing 100% the right thing to do right now
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Preach good doctor.

If miller goes I want a fucking house cleaning.

Thanks Greg Byrne. All we got out of your slampigging our program was a giant fucking screen.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

PHXCATS wrote:
AZCatGirl wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
That does not matter at all. Why was he being investigated then? He obviously did something not correct or there would be no investigation and he needed to be perfect when the FBI investigation started and when he fucked up with Pinder. No excuses. Firing 100% the right thing to do right now
"Why was he being investigated then? He obviously did something not correct or there would be no investigation"

You don't know what he was being investigated for.

If the existence of an investigation is the standard for it happened, you'd better hope the board doesn't investigate you for being a sex predator or you'll have to take a hard look in the mirror.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

PHXCATS wrote:
AZCatGirl wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
What?
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Feels like we should be asking how long until Miller is fire or placed on leave or whatever they want to call it.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Unc fake classes good

UofA fake classes = end of a program.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

If this shit goes down as I fear I am DONE with college sports until players at unionized and paid and all this shit is transparent.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Miller gonna walk because heeke is a milquetoast midmajor AD out of his league.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

If this move is anything like what public school administrators do to coaches, this is a move to avoid the school being liable in a lawsuit.

Not from Miller. From a parent.
PHXCATS wrote:
AZCatGirl wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Circular logic. Still a logical fallacy. That is to say, not a valid argument.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

CG. You’re a smart guy and have seen the inner workings of an AD what is your take?

Power play between heeke and miller?
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

I wonder if they'll even let Miller coach tomorrow.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

CalStateTempe wrote:Unc fake classes good

UofA fake classes = end of a program.
It was a high school recruit. Why do we think the online course was a U of A course?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I dont...I just think it sucks that unc got of Scott free
Captain Obvious

AZCatGirl wrote:I wonder if they'll even let Miller coach tomorrow.
I'm wondering the same thing. Who would be our coach? Unreal.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Bah. I’m done with Arizona basketball until a new coach is hired. Not worth the time.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

CalStateTempe wrote:CG. You’re a smart guy and have seen the inner workings of an AD what is your take?

Power play between heeke and miller?
I haven't worked in a major college AD since the salad days of Sunny Jim. I was deluded by its mid-90s success into a higher estimation of Livengood's competence than subsequent results proved.

So I don't want to draw too many conclusions from a distance. This is a different century with far different administrative priorities.

I will say that if his tweets and handling of the football coaching transition were any indicators, Heeke's too obtuse to play power games at this level. He may just be tired of the power struggles between Miller and Larry Scott and want someone more, shall we say, subordinate to coach.

Again, just using public school admins and the patterns of their approach to personnel as a model. Hopefully this is just a bad dream we all can wake up from soon.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Thanks man enjoy your take from the public school perspective
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Heeke about to burn down his one huge money maker cause he’s scared. He gets to be a mid major AD again after all. SMH.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Olsondogg wrote:Heeke about to burn down his one huge money maker cause he’s scared. He gets to be a mid major AD again after all. SMH.
Heeke can't burn down Arizona basketball without university support.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

He’s off to a fantastic start
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Olsondogg wrote:Heeke about to burn down his one huge money maker cause he’s scared. He gets to be a mid major AD again after all. SMH.
Wtf is that cuckold scared of? I just don’t get any of this right now.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

Phelps has been fired
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Maybe heeke is really working for Larry Scott!!! Did I just blow your minds?
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Mind blown. Lol
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I bet heeke didn’t even have the balls to tell Miller, I bet this was done with miller finding out about it like the rest of us.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Heeke wants his own guy, whomever that is. He wants a clean start and wants a way to fire Miller or get him to go.

Robbins should decide who’s more valuable to Arizona. Heeke or Miller.

My 2 cents...
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I hope the hell the boosters are lighting up Robbins tonight and letting him know who is more valuable to the university
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

I'm going to take a view from the cheap seats and say this is going to be a bad decision on Heekes part, but in the long run it will only hurt us a little bit...to be completely fair...we have to look at it from realities perch:

Phelps apparently did something wrong...this is not the first time and this was during a time when he should have been crossing all the T's and dotting all the I's with a precision known only to ancient Jewish scribes...and he failed here... this is on Phelps and Phelps alone.

Heekes is an idiot...but I doubt if the attributes assigned to him of malignant AD egophrenia are all that accurate...he's just used to doing things his own way.

Miller is compliant here...Phelps fucked up...that is all.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Two things. If Phelps fucked up, why did the ncaa do nothing? Arizona fired him before the ncaa even determined what, if anything, was done wrong by Phelps.

Two. How did Shareef get accepted to UCLA if there was a transcript prob at Arizona?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Arizona can't fire an employee without having a concrete reason. Despite what anyone is saying and feeling, there are scenarios where Arizona could have a concrete reason before an NCAA investigation completes. If administrators are conspiring to fire Phelps without a concrete reason, and as a pretext for firing someone else, then those admins are dead in the water. The idea that administrators are conspiring to fire Sean Miller because of fear about a Yahoo article, which was a pretty bad article by any standard, doesn't ring true. Especially after standing by Miller after the Schlabach article. Inside and outside Arizona basketball, something about these speculations and reactions isn't adding up.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Olsondogg wrote:Two things. If Phelps fucked up, why did the ncaa do nothing? Arizona fired him before the ncaa even determined what, if anything, was done wrong by Phelps.

Two. How did Shareef get accepted to UCLA if there was a transcript prob at Arizona?
If Phelps fucked up it starts with our own internal investigation...thats the NCAA rules ALL NCAA investigations are cooperation events per their guidelines...

It could be that the NCAA noticed something fishy about Shareefs transfer at UCLA and as far as I can tell his not playing is due to him NOT being eligible (which was initially masked by a heart surgery and a lot of Media "Feel sorry for Shaq" bullshit)...

Since he was no longer going to be here Phelps may have buried whatever bullshit eligibility online program he was going to use...

But if the NCAA or even our own internal investigation brought it to light I can pretty surely promise you that if Miller is honest he would be the first in line to agree that any and all violations are reason for termination post haste...hence Heekes fucking trigger finger.

Why did it come out now? Who fucking knows, but it is clear LOTS of media folks have a hard dick to see Az and Miller go down...Goodman and Shclabadick being prime examples because they suck Dick Vitales shrivelled appendage like vampires...at any rate ANYONE associated with Az BB should have known that every fucking detail about their life and recruitment would be under the microscope like Darwin looking for proof of fruit fly mutations...all it takes is one mutation and the argument is made (As Dick-Fucking-Die-Already-Vitale-Duke-Jerk has posted)...

For the record Shareef has not played one game of college basketball...that rich private education on the basketball courts does not a freshman make...as much as we like to think these guys get a free pass they do not as of yet.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Do we actually know that Phelps has been fired??? as opposed to just being placed on paid leave??

Has the athletic dept. actually issued a PR??

Personally, I believe about 1% of what I read on the internet.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

dmjcat wrote:Do we actually know that Phelps has been fired??? as opposed to just being placed on paid leave??

Has the athletic dept. actually issued a PR??

Personally, I believe about 1% of what I read on the internet.
He hasn't been fired. He's in the process of being fired, and administrative leave is part of that process.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Longhorned wrote:Arizona can't fire an employee without having a concrete reason. Despite what anyone is saying and feeling, there are scenarios where Arizona could have a concrete reason before an NCAA investigation completes. If administrators are conspiring to fire Phelps without a concrete reason, and as a pretext for firing someone else, then those admins are dead in the water. The idea that administrators are conspiring to fire Sean Miller because of fear about a Yahoo article, which was a pretty bad article by any standard, doesn't ring true. Especially after standing by Miller after the Schlabach article. Inside and outside Arizona basketball, something about these speculations and reactions isn't adding up.
I'd agree with you LH, except for the RichRod precedent. There was plenty of reason to let him go without the sexual harassment pretext, which in retrospect seems to be estimated by most people as overblown--and possibly cooked up.

This is the age of Trump and Twitter. There doesn't have to be a concrete reason to fire anybody an admin doesn't want to keep on. That much I have come to understand.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Longhorned wrote:Arizona can't fire an employee without having a concrete reason. Despite what anyone is saying and feeling, there are scenarios where Arizona could have a concrete reason before an NCAA investigation completes. If administrators are conspiring to fire Phelps without a concrete reason, and as a pretext for firing someone else, then those admins are dead in the water. The idea that administrators are conspiring to fire Sean Miller because of fear about a Yahoo article, which was a pretty bad article by any standard, doesn't ring true. Especially after standing by Miller after the Schlabach article. Inside and outside Arizona basketball, something about these speculations and reactions isn't adding up.

Building a case to fire with cause.

For Phelps, it could easily be some minor infraction that was the final straw after the Pinder incident.

For Miller is the ol “lack of institutional control” and self sanctioned bullshit.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

I don't want to hear what Heeke has to say about what "Miller fully supports..." Until Miller makes a statement about the suspension/firing and his level of support within the administration I'm gonna put a tourniquet around my prolapsed sphincter and return to my original level of misery.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Lol.
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

Two crooked assistants (one arrested by FBI), wiretaps, Ncaa bans incoming, a HC who will possibly be subpoenaed in federal court in April, $1M wasted on legal, and now a THIRD assistant caught now for the second time himself??

i can’t believe there are still ppl defending this bum tonight!

(not to mention the garbage system of his that has resulted in the most offensively inept teams which have overachieved just ONE time in a decade of lottery picks