Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

PHXCATS

Re: Sean Miller

Post by PHXCATS »

SCCats wrote:An excuse for every season.

A justification for any action.

But this one made me laugh the most...
PHXCATS wrote: And if U of A beat asu and Oregon no one would care about this quote.
“If we hadn’t lost to the 90th ranked team by 20 points, you wouldn’t care about this quote.”

“If we hadn’t then blown a 22 point lead against our crappy rival you wouldn’t care about this quote.”

“If we had just beat a team we lost to, you wouldn’t care about this quote.”

But those things happened.

I wonder if we can transfer this Machinism to football. “You’re only complaining about the defense because we can’t stop anyone. If we could stop anyone, you wouldn’t be complaining at all.”

Such is the nature of complaints. But I’m sure there will be some excuse to sort this all out.
You are showing a complete lack of knowledge of the game of basketball and of what happened on Saturday. Same with Oregon. It took perfect shitstorms to lose those games. U of A is still good. Unlike Arizona Football in part due to having less money to pay for the best coaches available to Arizona which is due to shit fans like me. I see the shit fans like me have moved into basketball now. Needing to do family discount packs and all that bullshit.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

I feel like every time I see the team slow down as they cross midcourt and then have the center come above 3 point line to set a meaningless screen, I see that he hasn’t lossened the reins.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

“It’s a perfect shitstorm!”

:lol:

Keep ‘em comin’!!!
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

You forgot the excuses for multiple last minute set plays and missed shots and how If and only if one of those hit, we are in an alternative universe of multiple final fours to the disregard of the cumulative nature of coaching, preparedness, and in-game management that lead to the reliance on those missed shots in the first place.

Those excuses are my favorite.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

CalStateTempe wrote:You forgot the excuses for multiple last minute set plays and missed shots and how If and only if one of those hit, we are in an alternative universe of multiple final fours to the disregard of the cumulative nature of coaching, preparedness, and in-game management that lead to the reliance on those missed shots in the first place.

Some have asked in this thread, “What’s this discussion all about?”

My answer for them would be: “Those who wish to make excuses, will.”

That’s what it’s all about.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

(holding my breath) OK...B.E.A.R.D.O.W.N...OK, Google knows where I am going.

OK...click on basketball thread...

Click on Sean Miller...Wait! Do I want to click...?

(reads half a page)...Fuck it. I'm going to go do something else.
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

CalStateTempe wrote:You forgot the excuses for multiple last minute set plays and missed shots and how If and only if one of those hit, we are in an alternative universe of multiple final fours to the disregard of the cumulative nature of coaching, preparedness, and in-game management that lead to the reliance on those missed shots in the first place.

And all in the first half of Miller’s tenure. The second half hasn’t had a tournament run close to a final four, even though there have been one or two favorable NCAA regional draws.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

midnightx wrote:

And all in the first half of Miller’s tenure. The second half hasn’t had a tournament run close to a final four, even though there have been one or two favorable NCAA regional draws.
Right, this season’s last second shots are in largely pedestrian (not Baylor/Gonzaga) regular season games that shouldn’t have come down to those last second shots in the first place.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

Merkin wrote:Explains a lot when Miller treats college adults like elementary school kids.

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildca ... 8747f.html" target="_blank

To Miller, these were all justifiable decisions.

“It’s no different than a teacher in the classroom,” Miller said. “There’s certain rules that you have to have in place for the classroom to be able to learn and for every student to have a chance to grow.

“If you want to go to the restroom, you have to use a hall pass. If you have a question, you need to raise your hand and you can’t talk when the teacher is talking. There’s certain protocol. In basketball it’s the same thing.”
Those few sentences speak volumes and confirms what a micro-manager Miller is. I call Miler 3M now. It can mean Mid Major Miller or Micro-Manager Miller. Either works just fine.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Captain Obvious wrote:
Merkin wrote:Explains a lot when Miller treats college adults like elementary school kids.

“It’s no different than a teacher in the classroom,” Miller said. “There’s certain rules that you have to have in place for the classroom to be able to learn and for every student to have a chance to grow.

“If you want to go to the restroom, you have to use a hall pass. If you have a question, you need to raise your hand and you can’t talk when the teacher is talking. There’s certain protocol. In basketball it’s the same thing.”
Those few sentences speak volumes and confirms what a micro-manager Miller is. I call Miler 3M now. It can mean Mid Major Miller or Micro-Manager Miller. Either works just fine.

You OBVIOUSly didn't read the same article I did...after seeing what Miller had to say about the turn of events, and players KNOWING that bad play and ignoring the coach will get you benched, there is no way I disagree with what Miller did there...this is not a professional basketball team, this is an amatuer college athletics department team...if Hazzard had done that in an NBA team he'd be kicked back down to D-league...benching him half a game when he knew better was the right thing to do.

You can disagree but you'll be wrong...its not "micro managing" its called coaching, and since you are not one on Millers level you can't say for a fact you'd do anything differently in the exact same situation.
Captain Obvious

CatFanOneMil wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:

You OBVIOUSly didn't read the same article I did...after seeing what Miller had to say about the turn of events, and players KNOWING that bad play and ignoring the coach will get you benched, there is no way I disagree with what Miller did there...this is not a professional basketball team, this is an amatuer college athletics department team...if Hazzard had done that in an NBA team he'd be kicked back down to D-league...benching him half a game when he knew better was the right thing to do.

You can disagree but you'll be wrong...its not "micro managing" its called coaching, and since you are not one on Millers level you can't say for a fact you'd do anything differently in the exact same situation.
I don't give a frogs fat behind what you agree or disagree with. This isn't an isolated event with Miller; it's a pattern of stubborness and inability to evolve as a coach. When we're getting bounced in the first game of the NCAA tournament (again) you can celebrate the loss with Miller and the rest of his blowhards all you want.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:

It's not micromanaging, it's following protocol! Win or lose, we must DWWD!

zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

CalStateTempe wrote:
midnightx wrote:

Right, this season’s last second shots are in largely pedestrian (not Baylor/Gonzaga) regular season games that shouldn’t have come down to those last second shots in the first place.
The best last second shot was an open15 footer by Zeke against Oregon, a shot that was a clean look and a nice pass from Mannion. You can either believe that it was a clean block or a foul but it was a well designed play and not a play of indecisiveness. Oregon was lucky as fuck the ref swallowed his whistle.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

zonagrad wrote:How do you know Miller hasn’t loosened the reins and this is the result? How do you know Miller hasn’t been more lenient and given more latitude and players took advantage?
Because the actual results of the games tell a different story. When I watch these games, I don't see a loosey-goosey team coached by a guy who's loosened the reins. I see a tight AF team whose coach yanks guys the second they make a mistake.

Look, zg, I've tried to give Miller the benefit of the doubt. He's earned it. But at some point, the deja vu effect is undeniable. I can hit pause on this discussion until the season's concluded so we have yet another data set to add to our assessment. But why does it seem like any outcome this season, no matter how abysmal, will just get you guys defending him again? Is he beyond reproach in your eyes?
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

zonagrad wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
midnightx wrote:

The best last second shot was an open15 footer by Zeke against Oregon, a shot that was a clean look and a nice pass from Mannion. You can either believe that it was a clean block or a foul but it was a well designed play and not a play of indecisiveness. Oregon was lucky as fuck the ref swallowed his whistle.
It was a good play design but Zeke and Nico were too close to each other which allowed the Oregon guy to guard Nico and slid over to block shot.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

In the Oregon game, Dana adjusted, Miller didn’t.

They we had to rely on a last shot and a ref whistle...
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Beachcat97 wrote:
zonagrad wrote:How do you know Miller hasn’t loosened the reins and this is the result? How do you know Miller hasn’t been more lenient and given more latitude and players took advantage?
Because the actual results of the games tell a different story. When I watch these games, I don't see a loosey-goosey team coached by a guy who's loosened the reins. I see a tight AF team whose coach yanks guys the second they make a mistake.

Look, zg, I've tried to give Miller the benefit of the doubt. He's earned it. But at some point, the deja vu effect is undeniable. I can hit pause on this discussion until the season's concluded so we have yet another data set to add to our assessment. But why does it seem like any outcome this season, no matter how abysmal, will just get you guys defending him again? Is he beyond reproach in your eyes?
You either have not watched a game all year or you have zero clue what the game of basketball is
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

CalStateTempe wrote:In the Oregon game, Dana adjusted, Miller didn’t.

They we had to rely on a last shot and a ref whistle...
What were the exact adjustments Altman put in the game that Miller did not adjust to? Bet you cant name them
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I dunno, but we were kicken ass for the 3/4 of the first half and then the team got tight and Oregon got ahead in the second
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

CalStateTempe wrote:I dunno, but we were kicken ass for the 3/4 of the first half and then the team got tight and Oregon got ahead in the second
Good on you for admitting you have no idea what you are talking about
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Captain Obvious wrote:

I take it you have no rules. That's good for your kids. If Max Hazzard ignored my directions and I was coach he would not play for a long while. Had Hazzard followed that direction even if he held the ball till the clock ran out we would have won that game. Paying attention and listening to instructions is important. Just ask your boss.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Miller has the best of these kids for a year.

Many of them have never had true coaching/team discipline before.

If rolling the ball out and encouraging them they'd be undefeated now, and actually play defense for forty minutes a game.

They aren't. and don't.

He's basically got 4-5 months to change their focus, attitudes and behavior....

They need discipline; he has to get their attention....
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

TheCat wrote: I take it you have no rules. That's good for your kids. If Max Hazzard ignored my directions and I was coach he would not play for a long while. Had Hazzard followed that direction even if he held the ball till the clock ran out we would have won that game. Paying attention and listening to instructions is important. Just ask your boss.
I take you have no rules for other players. Dylan Smith had 4 TOs, the worst ones beginning of the 2nd half when ASU was continuing their run. Smith also missed 2 FTs near the end of the game that would have won it for Arizona.

Not screwing up is important. Just ask your boss.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Can I just say how amazing the haters are.

Haters-Miller does not make adjustments and the other coaches do.

Non Haters-Please give us some examples of the adjustment other coaches make the Miller doesn't.

Hangers-I can't name any
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

I find it more amazing how in denial you are about how much we suck.

I guess after we lose tomorrow it'll be "another perfect shitstorm". :lol:
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

I"m just glad nobody else was out there making mistakes, else he might have had to bench nearly the entire starting lineup. Phew.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

AZCatGirl wrote:I find it more amazing how in denial you are about how much we suck.

You can't judge Miller because bad reporting robbed us of Jahvon Quinerly and Shareef O'Neal. There would be no complaints about coaching if we had won the games we lost. This great team will be even better in a couple of months. Fans are too emotional.
Captain Obvious

TheCat wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:

I take it you have no rules. That's good for your kids. If Max Hazzard ignored my directions and I was coach he would not play for a long while. Had Hazzard followed that direction even if he held the ball till the clock ran out we would have won that game. Paying attention and listening to instructions is important. Just ask your boss.
Oh that's right. I'm in violation of the DWWD ethos. Perhaps I should go up to the board and write I WILL OBEY THE RULES even if they don't make any sense or serve any actual purpose. And what I do with regard to my kids is none of your business or concern. Off limits dude. Do better.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

TatetheGreat wrote:
AZCatGirl wrote:I find it more amazing how in denial you are about how much we suck.

You can't judge Miller because bad reporting robbed us of Jahvon Quinerly and Shareef O'Neal. There would be no complaints about coaching if we had won the games we lost. This great team will be even better in a couple of months. Fans are too emotional.
1 you are extremely wrong thinking the espn article's only impact was O'Neal and Quinerly

2 it is true that many things went very wrong for UA vs Oregon and asu down the stretch. One less thing likely wins the game vs both

3 the team is young and inexperienced (freshman and transfer players make up the bulk of the roster and production) so why would you not expect them to be better over time if healthy?

4 you are 100% correct about the fans being too emotional
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

PHXCATS wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:

1 you are extremely wrong thinking the espn article's only impact was O'Neal and Quinerly

2 it is true that many things went very wrong for UA vs Oregon and asu down the stretch. One less thing likely wins the game vs both

3 the team is young and inexperienced (freshman and transfer players make up the bulk of the roster and production) so why would you not expect them to be better over time if healthy?

You think our season would have been any different with injured Bol Bol and Nassir Little? Miller can’t do anything with this group FFS. He even managed to run off Barcello who could have helped off the bench right now, never mind next season. Are you absolving Miller of all responsibility for roster mismanagement? What will be the excuse when there isn’t a big turn around?
Last edited by TatetheGreat on Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
SabinoDrifter

Post by SabinoDrifter »

Arizona was 7-25 from the field, 0-8 from the 3 in the second half against ASU - you think Hazzard might have helped!?!?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

TatetheGreat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:

You think our season would have been any different with injured Bol Bol and Nassir Little? Miller can’t do anything with this group FFS. He even managed to run off Barcello who could have helped off the bench right now, never mind next season. Are you absolving Miller of all responsibility for roster management? What will be the excuse when there isn’t a big turn around?
You are too funny and too emotional. You have about ten posts talking shit about Barcello now you wish he were still here.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

SabinoDrifter wrote:Arizona was 7-25 from the field, 0-8 from the 3 in the second half against ASU - you think Hazzard might have helped!?!?
Maybe. Maybe not.

But one more shot in wins the game most likely and IA is one of the best shooting teams in the nation.

As far as Hazzard it is known that there were far more issues than just one bad shot so maybe teaching an important player off the bench a lesson is important to the rest of the season?
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

PHXCATS wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:

You think our season would have been any different with injured Bol Bol and Nassir Little? Miller can’t do anything with this group FFS. He even managed to run off Barcello who could have helped off the bench right now, never mind next season. Are you absolving Miller of all responsibility for roster management? What will be the excuse when there isn’t a big turn around?
You are too funny and too emotional. You have about ten posts talking shit about Barcello now you wish he were still here.
You’re so full of shit. Not even a competent troll.
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

Postmaster wrote:I feel like every time I see the team slow down as they cross midcourt and then have the center come above 3 point line to set a meaningless screen, I see that he hasn’t lossened the reins.
Might as well be Gene Hackman's four pass rule. Hell I expect the picket fence play every time they set up.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

TatetheGreat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:

You think our season would have been any different with injured Bol Bol and Nassir Little? Miller can’t do anything with this group FFS. He even managed to run off Barcello who could have helped off the bench right now, never mind next season. Are you absolving Miller of all responsibility for roster mismanagement? What will be the excuse when there isn’t a big turn around?
Arizona would've had Little, Bol, Quinerly, Williams, and O'Neal. Little was ad inconsistent as could be for a one and done, Bol was always destined to get hurt with his frame and did, Quinerly would've been an awful fit for Miller and obviously was for Wright, Williams knee is broken perpetually, and O'Neal had a bum heart and was as awful a fit for Miller as he was for Cronin. If we actually enrolled all those guys we would've been fed up with Miller long ago as opposed to giving him the deserved mulligan he got for last season.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

threenumberones wrote:
Postmaster wrote:I feel like every time I see the team slow down as they cross midcourt and then have the center come above 3 point line to set a meaningless screen, I see that he hasn’t lossened the reins.
Might as well be Gene Hackman's four pass rule. Hell I expect the picket fence play every time they set up.
Used to irk me to no end when Miller had one of the best big men in the nation with DeAndre Ayton and yet they would bring him out to set screens on the 3 point line for Trier. Along with completely forgetting about him on offense. Not that any UA guards could get the ball to him.

And why is Ayton defending on the perimeter? Although it was good defense.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Gonna be interesting to see how the Miller defenders react to going 0-2 this week. Feels like there's far more to lose than gain in Washington tonight and Saturday. If we win both games, it's more or less what we were supposed to do, and won't affect our tourney prospects in a significant way. If we lose both or split, it'll just further weaken our metrics and move us slightly closer to the bubble.

Will this be the week we get our first road win? It's almost February, people.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

For fuck sake
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Beachcat97 wrote:Will this be the week we get our first road win? It's almost February, people.
Much crappier teams than we are find a way not to start 0-5 on the road in PAC play.

We will find a way, too.

But it won’t mean much, if anything.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

We should have known hazzard was doomed when CSM said he was going to get Max more playing time
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Postmaster wrote:We should have known hazzard was doomed when CSM said he was going to get Max more playing time
Truly the kiss of death here.
Statfreak77

Post by Statfreak77 »

Merkin wrote:
threenumberones wrote:
Used to irk me to no end when Miller had one of the best big men in the nation with DeAndre Ayton and yet they would bring him out to set screens on the 3 point line for Trier. Along with completely forgetting about him on offense. Not that any UA guards could get the ball to him.

Look at that offensive set from Buffalo.

Spacing 101.

You get the ball to the wing with one of your best offensive threats, clear that side with a baseline cut, and watch him go one on one. Everyone else is on the other side of the lane/3 point line.

If that were Miller, it'd be constant ball handoffs on the perimeter with absolutely not movement TOWARDS the hoop. Truly remarkable.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Statfreak77 wrote:
Merkin wrote:
threenumberones wrote:

Look at that offensive set from Buffalo.

Spacing 101.

You get the ball to the wing with one of your best offensive threats, clear that side with a baseline cut, and watch him go one on one. Everyone else is on the other side of the lane/3 point line.

If that were Miller, it'd be constant ball handoffs on the perimeter with absolutely not movement TOWARDS the hoop. Truly remarkable.
I imagine the players recruited at Buffalo would listen and perform coaching directions better for Miller than his blue-chip recruits who have never had to do so previously....
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Merkin wrote:
threenumberones wrote:

Putting Ayton on the low block guaranteed a double-team by the defense. The trouble for Arizona was that they had a point guard who could not attack the rim and finish with any degree of consistency. PJC was really easy to defend. Really easy. He could not create his own shot and was not capable of getting into the lane to score unless he had a clear, uncontested path to the rim. PJC's only offensive threat was to hit open, uncontested jumpers. And even that is somewhat easy to defend because of PJC's height. Defenders can offer tremendous help defense away from PJC and STILL RECOVER to disrupt his shot because he's so small. That was Arizona's achilles heel all season long. Opponents consistently doubled Ayton. At times, PJC was left SO OPEN he was able to make opponents pay.

If you were game planning for Arizona -- the strategy would always be to not allow Ayton to beat you. You would swarm Ayton with defenders and make him pass out of the post (see Alkins vicious dunk against USC). It's also why Ristic became such a threat shooting jumpers from the top of the circle throughout the season.

Buffalo made PJC and everyone but Ayton beat them. If you're Sean Miller, what do you do? You move Ayton out away from the basket to free up driving lanes for other players to take advantage. Alonso Trier was completely out of sync by Buffalo's defense -- could beat his man off the dribble and settled for a lot of bad shots. This is Miller's fault?? PJC shot 3-9. Remember, PJC is not having to create shots for himself. He's gifted shots by the defense daring him to be the guy to beat them because they sure as hell aren't going to allow Ayton to get open looks. If Ayton is going to score, it's going to be over two or three defenders. Ayton shot 6-13. Not great. But not awful. Trier shot 4-15, 0-5 from 3.

The players who did the most against Buffalo took advantage of the Ayton double teams and score inside: Ristic and Pinder. Look it up. Perimeter players who shoot first and pass later struggled. FYI - Alkins led the team with 5 assists. PJC, the POINT GUARD, has zero assists. ZERO!!!!! It shows you what players were understanding the opponent's strategy and attacking properly and which players were trying to take the game over themselves. A head coach can scream and yell to get the ball to the right people. That doesn't always translate on the court when players are making decisions.

Buffalo shot 50% from 3 against Arizona. The above clip of the Buffalo 3 is the exact type of shot you want if you're the defense. A big man pounding the ball 20 feet from the basket and taking a shot with a 7 footer in his face? Yes, I'd take that all day long. Buffalo had a crazy good shooting game. Imagine if Arizona had played zone. Gonna put PJC at the top of that??? Opponents would shoot right the fuck over him, no problem. Buffalo might've shot 75% from 3 if Arizona had done that.

The problem with that game wasn't strategy. It was execution by Arizona's personnel. And PJC and Trier failed miserably. Period.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Beachcat97 wrote:Gonna be interesting to see how the Miller defenders react to going 0-2 this week. Feels like there's far more to lose than gain in Washington tonight and Saturday. If we win both games, it's more or less what we were supposed to do, and won't affect our tourney prospects in a significant way. If we lose both or split, it'll just further weaken our metrics and move us slightly closer to the bubble.

Why are you on this board? Why are you even following Arizona basketball? It's still January and you're miserable. Go hibernate and wake up in April and maybe your dreams will have come true and Miller will be gone.

There's a ton to gain on this road trip, starting with two W's on the road in conference. Add to that the needed experience and confidence that our roster desperately needs. If we win both games, it absolutely will affect our tourney prospects in a significant way. Other teams around the country are losing games left and right. Arizona loses a game to a very respectable ASU team and it's the end of the world.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

zonagrad wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:Gonna be interesting to see how the Miller defenders react to going 0-2 this week. Feels like there's far more to lose than gain in Washington tonight and Saturday. If we win both games, it's more or less what we were supposed to do, and won't affect our tourney prospects in a significant way. If we lose both or split, it'll just further weaken our metrics and move us slightly closer to the bubble.

Why are you on this board? Why are you even following Arizona basketball? It's still January and you're miserable. Go hibernate and wake up in April and maybe your dreams will have come true and Miller will be gone.

There's a ton to gain on this road trip, starting with two W's on the road in conference. Add to that the needed experience and confidence that our roster desperately needs. If we win both games, it absolutely will affect our tourney prospects in a significant way. Other teams around the country are losing games left and right. Arizona loses a game to a very respectable ASU team and it's the end of the world.
I'm with you, zonagrad. Hell, back in Lute's day, it was a cause for joy getting a breakthrough on the road, not a cause for misery when the team didn't get the breakthrough. "Defend our home court and look for some breakthroughs on the road" was pretty much his mantra.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Lute's mantra was: win all the home games, and go for a split on the road.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Lite said win at home and split on road
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Lote sat at home and spit on the road.