Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

scumdevils86

Re: non conference game thread

Post by scumdevils86 »

down they go
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Lots of dog crap match ups among the 100+ teams playing today.

UA vs SDSU is the marquee game on today's slate.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

The zags are looking really good
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I like how Georgetown matches up with Wisconsin. Should be a pretty good game.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

That's how you play against an unranked opponent (Rhode Island). Up by 18 at the half, instead of down at the half like Arizona. I think you all are missing Nick Johnson too much with this team to make too deep a run in the tourney this year.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
az91

Post by az91 »

enfuego wrote:That's how you play against an unranked opponent (Rhode Island). Up by 18 at the half, instead of down at the half like Arizona. I think you all are missing Nick Johnson too much with this team to make too deep a run in the tourney this year.
Nice game against Kentucky.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

enfuego wrote:That's how you play against an unranked opponent (Rhode Island). Up by 18 at the half, instead of down at the half like Arizona. I think you all are missing Nick Johnson too much with this team to make too deep a run in the tourney this year.

I am surprised you can walk much less talk after Kentucky butt raped you
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Well, if anyone knows what a team who is unlikely to make a deep run in the tourney looks like, it would be a Kansas fan.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Pretty weak effort by enflamo. Guess he couldn't find any special needs kids or injured Arizona players to make fun of today.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

UAEebs86 wrote:Pretty weak effort by enflamo. Guess he couldn't find any special needs kids or injured Arizona players to make fun of today.
That's weak sauce.

I made a valid point. Nick Johnson made McConnell (sp?) look better than he actually is. You have no consistent shooters on the perimeter, hands of stone Tarczewski in the post (still looking for his first patented post move) and a stud post player in Ashley. Johnson and Jefferson are a load, but Arizona is going to have to figure out how to create offense off their defense and look to score in transition this year. I'd play zone against Arizona all day every day.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
az91

Post by az91 »

Chicat wrote:I like how Georgetown matches up with Wisconsin. Should be a pretty good game.
It has been so far. It will be interesting to see if they can keep up with them in the second half.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Kansas fans should really stop worrying about Arizona and focus more on how they have ZERO signed players for 2015.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

enfuego wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:Pretty weak effort by enflamo. Guess he couldn't find any special needs kids or injured Arizona players to make fun of today.
That's weak sauce.
Weak sauce is all you ever bring.

You are talking smack on an Arizona message board on Thanksgiving.

Get a fucking life troll.
-JB
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Now, tell us, how do you play against a ranked opponent?
cats101

Post by cats101 »

UAEebs86 wrote:
enfuego wrote:
That's weak sauce.

Pounding his chest over RI. Is this what KU basketball has come to?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:
That's weak sauce.

I made a valid point. Nick Johnson made McConnell (sp?) look better than he actually is. You have no consistent shooters on the perimeter, hands of stone Tarczewski in the post (still looking for his first patented post move) and a stud post player in Ashley. Johnson and Jefferson are a load, but Arizona is going to have to figure out how to create offense off their defense and look to score in transition this year. I'd play zone against Arizona all day every day.
Arizona has faced zones in 5 of their 6 games. Still undefeated.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

cats101 wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
enfuego wrote:
That's weak sauce.

Pounding his chest over RI. Is this what KU basketball has come to?
The funny thing was Kansas was only an 8 point favorite! I guess we know what Vegas thinks of Kansas this season.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

KU knows how to roll. Lose to the mid majors in the tourney and be a marquee upset victim and get rolled by elite teams like Kentucky.

Then they whine when Miller beats them up on the recruiting trail and won't play us anymore. They prefer to watch us from the friendly confines of a military base hanger or on the deck of a carrier.

A true trifecta
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

az91 wrote:
Chicat wrote:I like how Georgetown matches up with Wisconsin. Should be a pretty good game.
It has been so far. It will be interesting to see if they can keep up with them in the second half.
I honestly thought GTown had them. Oh well...
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Yeah I thought Wisconsin was going down as well, but they really battled back to win. Maybe Oklahoma can take them down tomorrow.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Wisconsin hold off GT and they are gritty and close team but we beat KSU and its they are doomed in the tourny and are overrated. Funny how that works!!!
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

This UNC UCLA game coming up is like a throw-back to greatness game. :lol:

Would've been a marquee match up in the 80s.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Yeah even the headline yesterday was Arizona "eked" out a win over SDSU.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Blame Larry Scott. If the PAC TV contract was solely with ESPN the headline would have been, "Arizona Dominates Maui".
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Chicat wrote:Blame Larry Scott. If the PAC TV contract was solely with ESPN the headline would have been, "Arizona Dominates Maui".
A 4 point win over K-State and a 2 point win over SDSU does not equal "domination."
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:
Chicat wrote:Blame Larry Scott. If the PAC TV contract was solely with ESPN the headline would have been, "Arizona Dominates Maui".
A 4 point win over K-State and a 2 point win over SDSU does not equal "domination."
The difference between how ESPN frames stories and reality are often quite different. That was my point.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat wrote:
enfuego wrote:
The difference between how ESPN frames stories and reality are often quite different. That was my point.

One network seems happier than others about Duke.

cats101

Post by cats101 »

enfuego wrote:
Losing 71-40 does, though.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

cats101 wrote:
enfuego wrote:
To be fair, Kentucky would beat Arizona by 40.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

enfuego wrote:
cats101 wrote:
enfuego wrote:
Buffalo was more competition for Kentucky than Kansas
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:
cats101 wrote:
enfuego wrote:
When you say things like this it makes me question your Kansas fandom. I mean, no real fan of such a storied program could know so little about basketball matchups and fundamentals.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Chicat wrote:
enfuego wrote:
cats101 wrote:
enfuego wrote:
When you say things like this it makes me question your Kansas fandom. I mean, no real fan of such a storied program could know so little about basketball matchups and fundamentals.
I mentioned Arizona's weaknesses. Arizona is squeaking by non ranked teams. Kansas is blowing non-ranked teams out of the gym.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Way to rep the Pac12 UCLA.

Looks like kicking ass falls on UofA's shoulders again, as usual.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Today I learned that beating a #97 KenPom team by 10 and a #106 KenPom team by 16 is "blowing them out of the gym".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:
Chicat wrote:
enfuego wrote:To be fair, Kentucky would beat Arizona by 40.
I mentioned Arizona's weaknesses. Arizona is squeaking by non ranked teams. Kansas is blowing non-ranked teams out of the gym.
Arizona just beat a ranked team. Has Kansas had a result against a ranked team this year that was anything other than a prison rape?

In games against unranked teams Kansas has won by an average of 19 points while Arizona has won by an average of 16 points. If you think that means Kentucky would beat Arizona by 10 more points than they destroyed Kansas, you're so much dumber than I thought you were.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Florida/UAB is some horrible basketball so far.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Chicat wrote:
enfuego wrote:
Chicat wrote:
enfuego wrote:To be fair, Kentucky would beat Arizona by 40.
Arizona just beat a ranked team. Has Kansas had a result against a ranked team this year that was anything other than a prison rape?

In games against unranked teams Kansas has won by an average of 19 points while Arizona has won by an average of 16 points. If you think that means Kentucky would beat Arizona by 10 more points than they destroyed Kansas, you're so much dumber than I thought you were.
-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Shabazz Muhammad's younger brother plays for San Jose St. He's 33 years old.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Washington state lost by 28 to uc Santa Barbara
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
gumby

Post by gumby »

So, once again, we achieve something significant in the OOC and the other Pac teams mess themselves. If this tradition holds true, some fans here will later say the conference isn't that bad. Sorry, but November, December and March are the only months to prove that.
Right where I want to be.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Another solid double digit win against a pesky Tennessee squad.
gumby

Post by gumby »

En fuego glossary:

Unranked KU opponents -- pesky, good.
Ranked opponents -- *crickets*

Ranked Arizona opponents -- *crickets* (especially when it's one that went into Allen Fieldhouse and won last year)
Unranked Arizona opponents -- should've won by more.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

gumby wrote:En fuego glossary:

Ranked Arizona opponents -- *crickets* (especially when it's one that went into Allen Fieldhouse and won last year)
You've played one ranked opponent this year which was playing without its best player and almost lost.
The Goat

Post by The Goat »

SDSU was missing their best player now. :lol: Your hot takes get better and better.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

enfuego wrote:

You've played one ranked opponent this year which was playing without its best player and almost lost.
That was it. But then again, Miller only gave 11 minutes to Arizona's best player: Gabe York.
gumby

Post by gumby »

nm
Last edited by gumby on Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gumby

Post by gumby »

enfuego wrote:

Lordy. Don Knotts could kick this post's ass.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Chicat wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:
az91 wrote:This St. Mary's - NMSU game is a bit of a dud. NMSU hasn't hit a basket in forever.
Teams can play in domes and on aircraft carriers, but what do even college basketball players have in the tank between 1 and 5 a.m.?
At Oregon they have enough to run a train on some poor passed-out coed.
Ha! You hang out at the Arcadia Tavern, too? We've probably sat beside each other at the bar. I would have been the guy booing the Wildcats!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:
Chicat wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:
az91 wrote:This St. Mary's - NMSU game is a bit of a dud. NMSU hasn't hit a basket in forever.
Teams can play in domes and on aircraft carriers, but what do even college basketball players have in the tank between 1 and 5 a.m.?
Ha! You hang out at the Arcadia Tavern, too? We've probably sat beside each other at the bar. I would have been the guy booing the Wildcats!
I wouldn't be caught dead there. You've probably been hanging out with Machina. You two are a match made in heaven.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Chicat wrote:
enfuego wrote:
Chicat wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:
I wouldn't be caught dead there. You've probably been hanging out with Machina. You two are a match made in heaven.

Chicat