Caitlin Clark

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

wyo-cat

Re: Caitlin Clark

Post by wyo-cat »

Exactly, Merk.

A helluva good representative for the league.
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

It's very unfortunate and unfair that the right-wing fake grievance machine has latched onto her to generate stupid controversy. My Dad's wife, who as far as I know hasn't watched a game of basketball in her life, is really upset about the way CC is being treated.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Those “fans” who are over 40 and calling anyone who touches CC a “thug” and calling fouls “assaults” were probably huge Bill Lambeer fans back in the day.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Chicat wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:21 am Those “fans” who are over 40 and calling anyone who touches CC a “thug” and calling fouls “assaults” were probably huge Bill Lambeer fans back in the day.
How else do they speciously abide their natural insecurity over her Adam's Apple? If not for the "thug" excuse they'd be all in on her boyfriend being a prop. The enemy is always one of the Woke! Using one of them against the other makes the Shiteaters feel sophisticated.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

These people are WILD
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

They're so put upon. Should we offer reparations?
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

Merkin wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 11:54 am
And Angel Reese just tied the all time WNBA consecutive double-double streak. It's awesome that the two of them are living up to the hype. I hope the league can maintain the momentum it has right now because it's really good basketball and a lot of fun to watch.
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

She just got 19 assists in a game. Caitlin Clark is the female version of Larry Bird. She has the same court vision and high BB IQ. She is setting single season and single game records as a rookie. She is a very good rebounder too, as a PG. she averages 17.1 ppg, 5.8 reb, 8.2 ast, 1.5 stl per game.

When Caitlin was able to replace a player on the all-star team, her jersey sold out in 17 minutes. She is the Taylor Swift of the WNBA.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

FreeSpiritCat wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:53 am She just got 19 assists in a game. Caitlin Clark is the female version of Larry Bird. She has the same court vision and high BB IQ. She is setting single season and single game records as a rookie. She is a very good rebounder too, as a PG. she averages 17.1 ppg, 5.8 reb, 8.2 ast, 1.5 stl per game.

When Caitlin was able to replace a player on the all-star team, her jersey sold out in 17 minutes. She is the Taylor Swift of the WNBA.
The only problem is the rest of the WNBA players don't understand her success will better their lives and prospects so their petty jealousies will end up hurting the golden goose.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

TheCat wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:38 pm
FreeSpiritCat wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:53 am She just got 19 assists in a game. Caitlin Clark is the female version of Larry Bird. She has the same court vision and high BB IQ. She is setting single season and single game records as a rookie. She is a very good rebounder too, as a PG. she averages 17.1 ppg, 5.8 reb, 8.2 ast, 1.5 stl per game.

The only problem is the rest of the WNBA players don't understand her success will better their lives and prospects so their petty jealousies will end up hurting the golden goose.
They're learning
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Just don't insult her by putting a white girl on her! ;)
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

Great breakdown of Caitlin Clark. I love Angel Reese too. The more I watch the WNBA, the more I realize it is becoming a quality league. There is really good talent in the league. It is a great sport, and fun to watch during the dog days of summer.

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

I really like the women's game a lot. I see it as basketball in its purest form. The skill has skyrocketed in the last decade. I look at the women's game in comparison to the men's game the same as I see tennis. It is really enjoyable to watch, and I hope they have longer seasons. And I like the Indiana Fever with Clark, Mitchell, and Boston. They are very young and talented.

Women's basketball has come a long way. I feel this is the type of basketball I remember years ago in men's basketball. Love it!
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Team needs to get a female Bill Laimbeer.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Just don’t get the hate. She has elevated women’s basketball and will make all those women a lot more money going forward
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

azcat49 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:43 am Just don’t get the hate. She has elevated women’s basketball and will make all those women a lot more money going forward
You don't know women then lol
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

How many times did she shoot technical foul free throws list night? It was a lot. I saw the game. It was on Ion (YouTubeTV).
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I think everyone may be forgetting how Jordan was treated his rookie year.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:50 am I think everyone may be forgetting how Jordan was treated his rookie year.
Not well IIRC.
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

azcat49 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:43 am Just don’t get the hate. She has elevated women’s basketball and will make all those women a lot more money going forward
She plays really physical herself and she talks a lot of shit. It's a physical league.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

ASUCatFan wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:24 am
She plays really physical herself and she talks a lot of shit. It's a physical league.
Grown ass women balling out and butting heads at the professional level.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:03 am
Chicat wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:50 am I think everyone may be forgetting how Jordan was treated his rookie year.
Not well IIRC.
They beat the shit out of him. And his teammates were not at all interested in protecting him. It’s a very similar situation (minus the cocaine orgies I hope).