Montana NAU finish

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Merkin

Montana NAU finish

Post by Merkin »

Crazy

2015 Big Sky Conference Semifinal:Montana vs Northern Arizona in Missoula, MT 3/13/15Sequence:NAU's Kris Yanku hits a free throw to tie the game at 59 with 8 seconds left.UM's Jordan Gregory goes the length of the floor for a layup to put Montana up 61-59 with .4 seconds.Mass confusion with buzzer going off, people flying onto the court, and referee's having to review things.NAU head coach Jack Murphy visibly upset.Yanku gets off (in time!) a full court heave that doesn't go in.Murphy still visibly upset at refs, he then firmly shakes hands with Griz head coach Travis DeCuire in an aggressive manner; DeCuire takes offense and all hell breaks loose. After a full team on team scuffle for about 30 seconds, DeCuire lets off some steam and celebrates with the student section and Dahlberg Arena. Griz win 61-59 to advance to the conference championship game.

Last edited by Merkin on Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
UAdevil

Re: Montana NAU finish

Post by UAdevil »

As my mother would say; there's a whole lot of testosterone poisoning going on out there.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Feel bad for Murph. Tough way to lose.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Chicat wrote:Feel bad for Murph. Tough way to lose.
Tough loss but he was in the wrong. Got to keep your cool and act professionally.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

He was right that it should have been a tech on the Montana bench, but he was wrong to curse out the Montana coach. It wasn't that guy's fault the refs were incompetent.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

Chicat wrote:He was right that it should have been a tech on the Montana bench, but he was wrong to curse out the Montana coach. It wasn't that guy's fault the refs were incompetent.
Pretty much how I see it. A technical foul there would have been discretionary, and either way within bounds. I might live in Montana, but I'm no Griz fan. The news here has been beating this to death, and in many shots it likes like Murphy poked/shoved him.
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Is that a fan on the court or a coach? If a fan did he jump over the bench? Watching the video I can't see why Murph would be mad at the Montana coach? He gave the officials an earfulll as they passed him on the way out and I would think any anger was directed at them but the other coach caught the brunt of it. He should have let it pass and thanked his stars that T wasn't called as at least 1 ref appears to be looking right at it

EDIT:Murph didn't touch him, at least initially but he did point at his chest. The refs went to the monitor to check time and ignored the coach diving back to the bench. I can see how Murph would feel ripped off. That was an obvious violation of the bench decorum rule and they just passed on it.

Wonder how Griz fans spin That one? Also wondering what the BigSky sayd about this game. Tough out for Murph
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I understand it's chaotic at the end of games so coaches should be able to request a review and the refs should have the ability to call stuff like Jahii hanging on the rim and premature court storms. You can't have people on the court while the opposing team still has time on the clock.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Coach being on the court was absolutely a technical and should have been called. My guess is he got called out and didn't like it.

That being said if your team plays an ounce of defense the game goes to overtime. Pick your battles.
Reydituto

Post by Reydituto »

I don't blame Murph for being angry at the Montana coach for failing to control his bench.

Game was on Montana's home court too, which I think may have influenced the replay review by the refs. From the ESPN recap ...
. Someone from the Montana bench, whom the Big Sky Conference has identified as Jermaine Edmonds, an academically ineligible player for the Grizzlies, went out to midcourt before realizing there was still time remaining and diving back to the sideline -- a violation that could have resulted in a technical foul. But officials determined that the commotion did not interfere with the play, and no technical was called.
I just wanna know what that Montana dude was thinking, when no one else from the bench even came close to coming out on the court.
But in my book, you gotta get to White Castle before the weirdos show up!
Tonight he gets Happy-Go-Jackie on the big white guy like a donkey eating a waffle!
Sweet Sassy Molassey, get out the checkbook and pay Grandma for the rubdown!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I just wanna know how anyone gets himself academically ineligible at the University of Montana. No surprise said doofus rushes the court with time on the clock.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

If NAU could have just kept #10 from having an easy layup in the last second we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

That 3/4 shot by NAU was THIIIIIIS close.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

Longhorned wrote:I just wanna know how anyone gets himself academically ineligible at the University of Montana. No surprise said doofus rushes the court with time on the clock.
Cracks me up that you're playing the Tucson Don card here.
A shortage of phony classes?

Rape is usually the think here that derails players. I hate the Grizz.
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

My eyeballs tell me that Murphy shook hand with DeCuire quite strongly while giving him an earfull and immediately tried to release and move on to the next coach in line. DeCuire refused to let go so he could return Murphy's 'congratulations' in kind. Both guys were in the wrong on the exchange.

NAU shouldn't have let the score happen unopposed, but I expect they were avoiding a foul at all costs. The ineligible player should not have been anywhere near the court. The ruling by the refs that the "ineligible player didn't affect play" is rubbish - for a start they had to stop the action to review what happened.

Sad way to end the game for everyone involved.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.