Non Pac 12 thread 2015/16

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

gumby

Re: Non Pac 12 thread 2015/16

Post by gumby »

Florida up one on Sparty. Great day of hoops.
Right where I want to be.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

gumby wrote:Florida up one on Sparty. Great day of hoops.
I'm watching but it still is a little early with 8 minutes to go. And the game is in E. Lansing. I'm trying to wait to comment. But this weekend has been great for college basketball. Seven minutes to go and the game going back and forth.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

I thought this would probably happen. MSU killer instinct is taking over at the end. This game could end up in a double digit win by MSU. It is extremely hard to win on the road, especially against the #1 team in the country (who deserves the ranking).
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Bo Ryan expected to announce immediate retirement

https://mobile.twitter.com/JimPolzinWSJ ... 1411049474" target="_blank
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
carolinacat

Post by carolinacat »

Craig Victor seeing first action with LSU. 1-10 from FT line. Looks like the FT curse is transferrable as well.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Gumby thanks for the awesome vid!
az91

Post by az91 »

carolinacat wrote:Craig Victor seeing first action with LSU. 1-10 from FT line. Looks like the FT curse is transferrable as well.
At least Victor got to the line to attempt those free throws. I think he would have eventually become a very good player for us, and he certainly would have have received some significant time on the court with our current injury situation. Too bad he ended up getting impatient and transferring.
carolinacat

Post by carolinacat »

az91 wrote:
carolinacat wrote:Craig Victor seeing first action with LSU. 1-10 from FT line. Looks like the FT curse is transferrable as well.
At least Victor got to the line to attempt those free throws. I think he would have eventually become a very good player for us, and he certainly would have have received some significant time on the court with our current injury situation. Too bad he ended up getting impatient and transferring.
He looked promising last year and could've easily been a contributor. He asserted himself in the post a lot better than Ashley did that's for sure.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I hear SDSU just lost to Grand Canyon.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Yep. 52-45

RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

How's the Aussie going? :wink:

He's wasted at LSU (I'm talking about Ban Simmons, of course).

If only... we had him for his one year, we'd have a killer offense and Miller could have taught him how to play defense so he'd have a chance in the NBA.

He's gonna be drafted high, Australia is gonna go ape-shit, and he's going to be one of the biggest flops ever.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Longhorned wrote:I hear SDSU just lost to Grand Canyon.
They have lost to Utah (yeah, OK), Little Rock(!), West Virginia(again, OK), [strike]Mission Bay Catholic[/strike], um/... I mean U of San Diego (!), and now GCU.

How the 'mighty' have fallen.

Grand Canyon meanwhile has been blown out by Louisville and lost by 4 in OT to Nebraska-Omaha.

The State of Arizona might just have two teams in the tourny after all. Whooda-thunk-it?
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

Utah getting Dooked by bad calls.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Dukie V fellating K...
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Catintheheat wrote:Utah getting Dooked by bad calls.
Still getting Dooked. :x
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Awful way to lose a game

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

RichardCranium wrote:

If only... we had him for his one year, we'd have a killer offense and Miller could have taught him how to play defense so he'd have a chance in the NBA.

He's gonna be drafted high, Australia is gonna go ape-shit, and he's going to be one of the biggest flops ever.

Kid is way too gifted to flop. He's definitely stunting his growth playing there though
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Gonzaga playin back and forth with Tennessee late into the 2nd. Smh
az91

Post by az91 »

RichardCranium wrote:

Johnny Jones at LSU has to be the best recruiter who cannot coach a lick.
az91

Post by az91 »

Tonight, Grand Canyon beat Houston, who has a win over LSU, LOL.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

az91 wrote:Tonight, Grand Canyon beat Houston, who has a win over LSU, LOL.

Beat San Diego St at SDSU in the game Just prior to this game. Marleje has recruited a bunch of 3 point shooters that mirrored his game. 8-15 tonight
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
carolinacat

Post by carolinacat »

azcat49 wrote:
az91 wrote:Tonight, Grand Canyon beat Houston, who has a win over LSU, LOL.

Beat San Diego St at SDSU in the game Just prior to this game. Marleje has recruited a bunch of 3 point shooters that mirrored his game. 8-15 tonight
SDSU is gonna be lucky to reach the NIT. Already with losses to USC & Arkansas Little Rock...at home no less. Remember when their fans were ready to declare they were going to be the new West Coast basketball power? Me neither.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Wonder what the status is on Fishers alleged violations. That program is about to fade into oblivion
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Sparty looks severely average without Valentine
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

az91 wrote:
RichardCranium wrote:

Johnny Jones at LSU has to be the best recruiter who cannot coach a lick.
It's funny this got posted a week before tonight's loss to a mediocre Wake Forest team. They have Simmons, Blakeney and a few good returners, and this season is a debacle.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

People going in on Jeff Goodman on twitter for using the "calm your shorts people, they didn't have Valentine" excuse. :lol: Good for the rest of the nation to know that one player makes or breaks the (soon to be former) #1 team in the country. Be interesting to see how far they drop in the polls.....
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

rgdeuce wrote:People going in on Jeff Goodman on twitter for using the "calm your shorts people, they didn't have Valentine" excuse. :lol: Good for the rest of the nation to know that one player makes or breaks the (soon to be former) #1 team in the country. Be interesting to see how far they drop in the polls.....
Well that's what the consensus is for MSU fans and everyone. "Well we didn't have Valentine. "

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

What was Providence's excuse when they didn't have Dunn for three games? They still won. And they are a team ranked in the teens, MSU was #1. Now, they may not have played an Iowa team on the road, but Michigan State labored to push Oakland into overtime, and Iowa pretty much destroyed them the whole game anyhow.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I had to stop following Goodman on Twitter. He takes "douchetastic" to a whole new level. Seriously, 60% of his tweets are him bickering with people like Brian Snow and random egg avatar accounts.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Penn State just choked big time.....unimpressed with Maryland EXCEPT Diamond Stone....that guy is a beast. Neutralize him though and they look very beatable to me so far.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Its still early, but like people were saying earlier, there isn't one extremely great team and all the top teams are very flawed. Not much separating a lot of the better teams. Makes you wish last year's team could have been pushed back a year, doesn't it? or that Smith had not gotten hurt. On the flip side, this year's team can do final four or better and it wouldn't take an absolute miracle or amazing run.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Chicat wrote:I had to stop following Goodman on Twitter. He takes "douchetastic" to a whole new level. Seriously, 60% of his tweets are him bickering with people like Brian Snow and random egg avatar accounts.
How isnt Goodman an Arizona homer after he went here? Was he one of those east coast guys that would go to Arizona and show up to games in plain clothes and secretly root for the other team?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Villanova torched #6 undefeated Xavier by 31 this morning

gumby

Post by gumby »

rgdeuce wrote:
Chicat wrote:I had to stop following Goodman on Twitter. He takes "douchetastic" to a whole new level. Seriously, 60% of his tweets are him bickering with people like Brian Snow and random egg avatar accounts.
How isnt Goodman an Arizona homer after he went here? Was he one of those east coast guys that would go to Arizona and show up to games in plain clothes and secretly root for the other team?
I don't imagine his employer would want a homer. What good are they anyway?
gumby

Post by gumby »

ASUHATER! wrote:Villanova torched #6 undefeated Xavier by 31 this morning
96-64. Might the stunner of the season, so far.

It's official: Karnowski out for the year. Surgery for bulging disc.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/d ... k-surgery/" target="_blank
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Goodman blocked me last year after I called him out on some Stanley tweets that had no basis in reality. He then unblocked me sometime later, but I have elected not to follow for the same exact reason.

Rothstein is about to be unfollowed though. He is increasingly douchetastic.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Providence beat Butler on the road. So much for that mic drop by enfuego

gumby

Post by gumby »

Zags squeak by Santa Clara, 79-77. Brownridge "only" scored 26.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

rgdeuce wrote:

Didn't his official bio recount the 3 early NCAA exits by Arizona during his 4 years there, but omitted the Final 4 year?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Merkin wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:

Didn't his official bio recount the 3 early NCAA exits by Arizona during his 4 years there, but omitted the Final 4 year?
Yep. He's an ass.

The only thing I like about him is that when they've got him on ESPN, he looks and sounds like someone hit him in the face with a shovel when he was a baby.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Zero

Post by Zero »

So many good games on today. Time to get a pizza and a six pack and relax.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Minny giving Mich St all it can handle.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Looks like IU is recovering from a miserable Maui Tournament showing and the beatdown from Duke to begin the season. Since then IU has notched 7 straight wins including today's road win against Nebraska to start conference 2-0. Crean's IU tenure reminds me a lot of Tommy Bowden's at Clemson's where they accomplish the absolute minimum to hold onto their job for another year, while all the while the fan bases wish not only that they could fire him, but could've fired him years ago. Hard to believe this is Crean's EIGTH season in Bloomington.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

I don't see any defense in this Oklahoma/ISU game. Both teams running the floor for open looks.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

CatsbyAZ wrote:Looks like IU is recovering from a miserable Maui Tournament showing and the beatdown from Duke to begin the season. Since then IU has notched 7 straight wins including today's road win against Nebraska to start conference 2-0. Crean's IU tenure reminds me a lot of Tommy Bowden's at Clemson's where they accomplish the absolute minimum to hold onto their job for another year, while all the while the fan bases wish not only that they could fire him, but could've fired him years ago. Hard to believe this is Crean's EIGTH season in Bloomington.

Cream is married to the Harbaugh brothers sister. Peas in a pod
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Gonzaga 13-0 run in closing minutes to go up 3 on USF. Then the Tucson boy hits a prayer 3 off the dribble to tie w 6 seconds left. OT. Gonzaga was down 16 in second
carolinacat

Post by carolinacat »

Providence drops one at home to Marquette. I'm not really surprised. Dunn is a great player and Bentil is really good, but I wasn't impressed with the other members of the Friars. They're vulnerable if those two can be neutralized.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

First time watching Victor @ LSU.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Not sure how anyone can watch LSU play with the sound on
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

It will be awesome reading tigerdroppings if LSU wins this. Every half decent win they have, they get convinced they're going to the Final Four. Hell, I think they thought they were going when they beat Gardner-Webb by 18. Then, if they have a disappointing loss, they want to fire their coach.