Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ASUHATER!

Re: Sean Miller

Post by ASUHATER! »

Wonder what kind of back handed compliment victim whiny response mrbug would have to that
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

58-1
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

AZCatGirl wrote:Miller got in a nice little jab at the UCLA and most other fans just now. Said at Arizona we don't make excuses for attendance such as traffic or anything else. Also mentioned how he turns on games and sees 1,000 people there and wonders if there was a misprint on people's tickets. :lol:
There's always an excuse in UCLA land.

Weather. Traffic. My AD sucks balls. My coach sucks balls.

And so on.

It's all pretty :lol:
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Were you listening Mr. Leaf, LOL
Last edited by azcat49 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azcat49 wrote:We're you listening Mr. Leaf, LOL
Maybe some people like playing in front of sparse, apathetic crowds. Less pressure.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

I'd rather see Traffic than the Bruins....

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I wonder what program, whether a bball school Or a football school, plays to over 90% capacity overall in both programs. Me thinks very few if any
gumby

Post by gumby »

wyo-cat wrote:I'd rather see Traffic than the Bruins....

Bruin fan: Sometimes I Feel So Uninspired.

Problem with our crowd is that introverts won't come play for us.
Right where I want to be.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Miller on Trier: “He is the hardest worker I’ve ever been around. …"

Has one every year who's the hardest worker he's ever seen.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Chicat wrote:
azcat49 wrote:We're you listening Mr. Leaf, LOL
Maybe some people like playing in front of sparse, apathetic crowds. Less pressure.
Here's a CBS Sports article on it:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... de-at-ucla" target="_blank

Arizona's Sean Miller uses press conference to throw shade at UCLA

Arizona beat Bradley on Monday. Then Sean Miller used his press conference to rave about the crowd at the McKale Center -- and to take shots at another school's lack of crowds.

"I watched a couple of games last night like, 'Wow, that is amazing, who's not at the game," Miller said, according to a tweet from Ezra Amacher of The Daily Wildcat. "I know there's a lot of traffic. But you wonder if the season ticket was not printed the right way."

Now let's piece this together.

Because Miller said he was watching games in empty arenas Sunday night, then you know he had to be talking about a school that played in an empty arena Sunday night -- like UCLA. And the "lot of traffic" comment ensures he was talking about UCLA.

Which is just terrific, right?

College football for years had those glorious Steve Spurrier press conferences, where the iconic coach would jab rivals. But there really isn't too much of that in this sport.

Perhaps Sean Miller is trying to change that.

If you're wondering, UCLA played Cal Poly on Sunday night at Pauley Pavilion.

Pauley Pavilion holds 13,800.

The announced attendance was 6,595.

Meantime, Arizona got 14,238 for Monday's win over Bradley.

"As a young kid, why would you ever want to come to a program or a place where nobody comes to the game?" Miller said late Monday, proving that there's never a bad time to talk to potential recruits. "I mean, that puts a lot of pressure on their recruiting. For us, you come here, you have an opportunity to play in front of 14,500. You've got that pregame introduction. You have the ZonaZoo. It feels like college basketball."

Throw that shade, Sean Miller.

Throw that shade.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

There is no competition in terms of western fan bases. It's Arizona, a vast empty space, then New Mexico, SDSU, etc. The next most western big time CBB fan base is Kansas.

Picking on UCLA, well, it's easy. They have the Wooden history and a fan base that can't be bothered to show up unless it is a really big game.

The fan support is a selling point. We are the only west coast school that can sell a packed house every night. I'm happy to see SM selling it.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Gonzaga is good. But it's really Arizona, then a tier of gonzaga, unm then maybe utep, sdsu, Utah, Utah state

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

And this is in a largely front running and apathetic (sports wise) city. We struggle with football attendance and heaven forbid the team has a few bad weeks in a row. We lost minor league and spring training baseball teams. The basketball team is consistently putting up those numbers, obviously because the Lute years tugged at the hearts of so many and it is a love affair we will take to our graves after we pass it on to our kids.

I must say though, I was rather disappointed last night: I had an extra ticket, last minute so not enough time to phone a friend and them to travel, find parking, then walk and meet me before the game. I asked at least 15 different students if they liked basketball, and after a yes, if they wanted my ticket, for free. I specifically asked males (to not appear like a creeper) wearing some form of Arizona gear, who were standing or seated by themselves in and around the union and on the way to the arena from there. All 15 declined. Only one would have taken the ticket but his buddy was meeting him with an extra already. The last kid I asked said, "Depends, where are the seats," and I just walked away without saying a work.

My friend thinks it is a generational thing, with the younger kids who would rather go home and play Call of Duty or watch the game on their flat screen and do not appreciate being in an atmosphere like McKale. I would have killed for that when I was a student there, even if the dude was a weirdo with B.O. Unless I had a hot date or a final to study for, I would be going. With minutes before tipoff, Greg Byrne was up visiting with the woman who has the seat behind me. Really cool guy. I got a photo and asked him what is up with the college kids and told him about the students who all turned down the ticket. He didn't have an answer, he didn't need to give one and I'm not even sure why I told him. Just thought it was interesting.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Sean's ran all out of fucks to give and I love it.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ASUHATER! wrote:Gonzaga is good. But it's really Arizona, then a tier of gonzaga, unm then maybe utep, sdsu, Utah, Utah state
Gonzaga has a 6k seat arena. I did not include them bc it is apples and oranges.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Cannot believe Miller didnt get a T last night. It looked like he wanted one
rgdeuce wrote:I must say though, I was rather disappointed last night: I had an extra ticket, last minute so not enough time to phone a friend and them to travel, find parking, then walk and meet me before the game. I asked at least 15 different students if they liked basketball, and after a yes, if they wanted my ticket, for free. I specifically asked males (to not appear like a creeper) wearing some form of Arizona gear, who were standing or seated by themselves in and around the union and on the way to the arena from there. All 15 declined. Only one would have taken the ticket but his buddy was meeting him with an extra already. The last kid I asked said, "Depends, where are the seats," and I just walked away without saying a work.
Wow thats crazy. So where are your seats? :) There's usually a guy or two near the ambulance entrance or across the street buying/selling.
Last edited by Jefe on Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Machina going full Machina with the Miller hate on twitter, stating that what he said is a bad look and should be done in private.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

rgdeuce wrote: .
I must say though, I was rather disappointed last night: I had an extra ticket, last minute so not enough time to phone a friend and them to travel, find parking, then walk and meet me before the game. I asked at least 15 different students if they liked basketball, and after a yes, if they wanted my ticket, for free. I specifically asked males (to not appear like a creeper) wearing some form of Arizona gear, who were standing or seated by themselves in and around the union and on the way to the arena from there. All 15 declined. Only one would have taken the ticket but his buddy was meeting him with an extra already. The last kid I asked said, "Depends, where are the seats," and I just walked away without saying a work.

My friend thinks it is a generational thing, with the younger kids who would rather go home and play Call of Duty or watch the game on their flat screen and do not appreciate being in an atmosphere like McKale. I would have killed for that when I was a student there, even if the dude was a weirdo with B.O. Unless I had a hot date or a final to study for, I would be going. With minutes before tipoff, Greg Byrne was up visiting with the woman who has the seat behind me. Really cool guy. I got a photo and asked him what is up with the college kids and told him about the students who all turned down the ticket. He didn't have an answer, he didn't need to give one and I'm not even sure why I told him. Just thought it was interesting.
insane. i mean, maybe it's because exam season is drawing nigh and kids are hitting the books hard before the break. but still. i have the dubious distinction of not ever winning the ticket lotto while i was at the UofA (which i've been told is not possible). i had to rely on the kindness of friends to attend home games at mckale and likewise would have jumped all over the free tix. damn kids these days!
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I got lucky and won the lottery for half season student tickets as a freshman and people were lining up to murder me for them. And that was only 11 years ago.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Olsondogg wrote:Machina going full Machina with the Miller hate on twitter, stating that what he said is a bad look and should be done in private.
UA>UCLA.

Especially in fan support. Why try to hide it?
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Machina is a straight turd -- why try and hide it?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

97cats wrote:Machina is a straight turd -- why try and hide it?
Yet he plays innocent woe is me when anyone calls him out

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

He is only embarrassing himself. I love a feisty CSM!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I admire his consistency. Night in, night out, he gives you 110% turd.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

dirtbags wrote: insane. i mean, maybe it's because exam season is drawing nigh and kids are hitting the books hard before the break. but still. i have the dubious distinction of not ever winning the ticket lotto while i was at the UofA (which i've been told is not possible). i had to rely on the kindness of friends to attend home games at mckale and likewise would have jumped all over the free tix. damn kids these days!
That's what I was thinking, but out of 15, you know there should be 4 or 5 who give no f's about an exam, or can pop an adderall and just do the studying after. Especially when you consider I was passing on anyone not wearing Arizona gear, not with someone else, ignoring the stereotypical "geek" (for a lack of a better word), or anyone who had a book in front of them or a laptop open. I never won the lotto either, although the two others who had my uncommon last name at the school did.

Jefe, they are upper level, but just to the side of the old yellow seats and not that high up. Being almost perpendicular t the baseline makes it feel much closer than the upper level seats that are diagonal to the action or behind the basket. Exceptional for the price. When you factor in not having to pay those huge priority fees, you can't do much better. My wife would kill me if I got priority seats, at least until the kids are a little older. For free though, I would sit anywhere in McKale, even stand.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Stranger danger, there is always a catch to something "free", what about one for my friend. Those are a few things that could be crossing these youngins' minds.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Are you kidding me? I love what Miller said and I love he speaks his mind.

Scott can blow him for his BS fine and if Adidas and Compton want to said there kids to a school that gets no support then they can blow him too.

Keep it coming coach. Stay on the offensive
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I wouldn't trust some random guy coming up to me with a ticket. Would probably think you wanted me to appear on your "website" later.

qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

scumdevils86 wrote:I got lucky and won the lottery for half season student tickets as a freshman and people were lining up to murder me for them. And that was only 11 years ago.
Ticket lottery? What the hell? Nah, you spend like $150 or $200, and you can go to all Wildcat sporting events as a student. As long as you sign up early (they open up ZZ reservations about a week before the game at 6-9 am depending on the game), you get a seat. Depending on the game, the ZZ fills up between 30 minutes and 4 or 5 hours, but sometimes you can snag a ticket later in the week if you keep trying as some people cancel their reservations randomly.

So if you're going around talking to students who aren't already at the game, chances are they weren't planning on going. I'd have gone with you RG, but most people are trying to go with their friends. Not some random guy with a "free ticket". Do you give out "free candy" too? ;) :D
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

qwertyus wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:I got lucky and won the lottery for half season student tickets as a freshman and people were lining up to murder me for them. And that was only 11 years ago.
Ticket lottery? What the hell? Nah, you spend like $150 or $200, and you can go to all Wildcat sporting events as a student. As long as you sign up early (they open up ZZ reservations about a week before the game at 6-9 am depending on the game), you get a seat. Depending on the game, the ZZ fills up between 30 minutes and 4 or 5 hours, but sometimes you can snag a ticket later in the week if you keep trying as some people cancel their reservations randomly.

So if you're going around talking to students who aren't already at the game, chances are they weren't planning on going. I'd have gone with you RG, but most people are trying to go with their friends. Not some random guy with a "free ticket". Do you give out "free candy" too? ;) :D
Back in our day (2004-2007 or so) you bought the zona zoo pass for like $90 and that got you into every sport except basketball. You had to separately enter into the basketball tickets lottery and if you won, you won the opportunity to buy a pair of tickets to half the home games. But only half

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Olsondogg wrote:Machina going full Machina with the Miller hate on twitter, stating that what he said is a bad look and should be done in private.

Please post a link.
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

ASUHATER! wrote:
qwertyus wrote:

Back in our day (2004-2007 or so) you bought the zona zoo pass for like $90 and that got you into every sport except basketball. You had to separately enter into the basketball tickets lottery and if you won, you won the opportunity to buy a pair of tickets to half the home games. But only half
Huh, well, I guess they just bumped up the price. It's like 150 for all but BBall, then extra money for all PLUS BBall. I like that system better. That way, whomever wants it bad enough has a chance to go to the game.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:Gonzaga is good. But it's really Arizona, then a tier of gonzaga, unm then maybe utep, sdsu, Utah, Utah state
Gonzaga has a 6k seat arena. I did not include them bc it is apples and oranges.
When they play in the Spokane Arena (12,000), it sells out. This place is crazy for the Zags. More so than for the Cougars in any sport.

The fan base is smaller, because enrollment is dramatically smaller. But the devotion is unquestionably there. They travel, too.

The game against Arizona is going to be an eardrum buster.
Last edited by gumby on Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

During my freshman Ionly got to go to like 6 home games because I didn't win the lottery and so I went to some of the games in SD86s pair and a couple other games with other people that had won the lottery.

Oh yeah and the student section didn't exist either. The tickets students won were scattered around the arena randomly

gumby

Post by gumby »

qwertyus wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
qwertyus wrote:

Huh, well, I guess they just bumped up the price. It's like 150 for all but BBall, then extra money for all PLUS BBall. I like that system better. That way, whomever wants it bad enough has a chance to go to the game.
By comparison, my son pays $99 for all sports at UW.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

azcat49 wrote:Are you kidding me? I love what Miller said and I love he speaks his mind.

Scott can blow him for his BS fine and if Adidas and Compton want to said there kids to a school that gets no support then they can blow him too.

Love it

This is how winners talk.

Sean miller is a winner.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Love what Miller said, by the way. Gotta leverage your advantages.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

ASUhater actually went to UA? I thought he just had a self deprecating username and was an ASU grad based off of the intelligence of his posts......
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

dcZONAfan wrote:ASUhater actually went to UA? I thought he just had a self deprecating username and was an ASU grad based off of the intelligence of his posts......
I could now say the same of you I guess. I would love however to see anywhere where I said that I don't like the ua or where i havent always supported it or that I like asu or some other school.

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

dcZONAfan wrote:ASUhater actually went to UA? I thought he just had a self deprecating username and was an ASU grad based off of the intelligence of his posts......
That is funny I thought something similar for a long time. I thought he was just a joke pretending to be an asu alumn and found humor in his posts for a while until I realized he wasn't joking.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

CalStateTempe wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Are you kidding me? I love what Miller said and I love he speaks his mind.

Love it

This is how winners talk.

Sean miller is a winner.
What would that make Machina? He never ceases to amaze me to the downside.

I love Sean Miller more every day.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

"maybe they misreported the game date, on the ticket."

'our next test is Boise State. we feel like they are one of the best teams in the country."

"you wonder if the season ticket was printed the wrong way? wrong date, wrong time?"
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Like a private phone conversation with Coach Alford expressing his disappointment in UCLA fan support? :lol:

Did he also express concern with Coach Rod's comment about 'not using a curtain' to send in offensive play call signals (which I also loved)? Of course he didn't.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

gronk4heisman wrote:Stranger danger, there is always a catch to something "free", what about one for my friend. Those are a few things that could be crossing these youngins' minds.
There's nothing wrong about meeting in the men's room on one of the higher library floors to exchange the tickets now, is there? I thought that's why there was the hole in the stalls. To put the tickets through.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Coach Miller talking the talk: ;)

Consider reading between these lines from Miller:

Our crowd is super. That gives us such a huge advantage. I watched some games last night and it was `Wow, who’s not at the games? Wow, that is amazing. Who’s not at the game?' I know there’s a lot of traffic. But you wonder if the ticket was not printed the right way. Did they give the wrong date? The wrong starting time? I mean, (UA’s) Red Blue, the thing you have to realize it’s not free. You actually have to pay to come to our Red Blue Game. We had 14,500. And there’s some programs right now in some of their early games, they can’t come close to 14,500.

Again, it’s what separates us as a program. And as a young kid, why would you want to go to a program or a place where nobody comes to the game? I mean, that puts a lot of pressure on their recruiting. For us, you come here, you have an opportunity to play in front of 14,500. You’ve got that pregame introduction, you have the Zona Zoo. It feels like college basketball and we are very grateful to our fans tonight and looking forward to seeing everybody on Thursday.”

Miller ended his press conference with more of the same:

“Again, I want to thank our crowd. People ask me all the time about `What is it about Arizona that makes us so special?’ Our biggest competitive advantage as a basketball program is our incredible fans. And hopefully, we’ll continue to get better because i know they know the difference between a good and a bad team."

http://tucson.com/sports/blogs/pascoe/a ... f78b8.html" target="_blank
michcat

Post by michcat »

rgdeuce wrote:And this is in a largely front running and apathetic (sports wise) city. We struggle with football attendance and heaven forbid the team has a few bad weeks in a row. We lost minor league and spring training baseball teams. The basketball team is consistently putting up those numbers, obviously because the Lute years tugged at the hearts of so many and it is a love affair we will take to our graves after we pass it on to our kids.

Wow I don't get kids these days. When I was a student I bought season tickets and went to every home game even during the Ben Lindsey debacle.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

CalStateTempe wrote:

Please post a link.

I called him out on twitter and he deleted the tweets. No joke.

The dude won't even stand behind what his bullshit takes are.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Olsondogg wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:

Please post a link.

For a guy who lives on a road named after testicles, he sure can't seem to find his.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Olsondogg wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:

Please post a link.

What is his twitter name? I would like to follow him to see the crap he writes.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

LOL.

He blocked me from seeing his tweets now.

If you wanna know who he is, go to my Twitter and look at my last tweet. The douche known as Machina in here goes by his real name, which rhymes with Machina....

He's such a pathetic loser, afraid to stand by what he types.